PDA

View Full Version : The 10 year Anniversary of the 9-11

happyheart
September 10th, 2011, 09:32 AM
‎10 years ago today I was on a plane on my way to NYC. The next couple of days were the most scary of my life. ♥ My heart goes out to all those that lost someone they love! ♥ ...

I was there alone on business. I stayed in the hotel that the terrorists stayed in that flew flight 93 that crashed. I was working in a building that was evacuated after the second attack. After returning to the hotel, the... hotel went into lock down mode for several days and I could not leave. The FBI seized the hotel. The smell of the burning buildings had permeated the hotel. It was awful watching and knowing what was going on to all those people and their families!! :(

Here I am 10 years later trying to conceive TODAY!! I just ovulated! I would LOVE for something wonderful to happen on the same date 10 years ago...

I am sure that everyone will always remember what they were doing when they heard the news!! :( :( :(

atomic sagebrush
September 11th, 2011, 12:44 PM
Wow that is an amazing story HH! So thankful that you are here with us today!!! I hope your dream comes true!!

nuthinbutpink
September 11th, 2011, 01:44 PM
It was a terrible day. I travelled for business and I could have been there just like so many people were in those towers for some random business meeting. There was a VM from a young woman to her new husband that they played that said she didn't think she was going to make it out of the Towers and she didn't :sad:. It was surreal to watch it unfold on TV.

The Memorial is beautiful- the reflecting pools. It has been hard to turn on the TV or radio today without weeping for those that were lost and for family left behind. Some children lost their parents that day and have had to grow up in that shadow. Very sad for all involved and touched by 9/11. Changed everything here in the USA that day. Did not change the American spirit though. No terrorist can change that.

Hobbermittens
September 11th, 2011, 02:46 PM
Holy Cow, HH! What an awful experience! I am so glad you were unharmed, but what terrible memories you have of that day... I hope you get pregnant today, to turn 9/11 into a happy memory for you!

I remember driving to my student teaching job, turning on the radio and hearing that the first tower had been hit. I thought it was an accident at first, until they said the second tower was hit. By the time I got to the school, all the teachers were in the lounge, watching the footage on TV. I watched in horror as people jumped from the windows. Awful.

zanacal
September 11th, 2011, 02:49 PM
Holy Cow, HH! What an awful experience! I am so glad you were unharmed, but what terrible memories you have of that day... I hope you get pregnant today, to turn 9/11 into a happy memory for you!

This. That would be perfect. Lots of love happyheart, hope you're feeling better now x

happyheart
September 11th, 2011, 04:39 PM
Atomic ~ thank you! It really hit me hard after I was finally able to leave and get home. I was on the news in my home town....

nuthinbutpink ~ so sad :( :( I could not even imagine!! I have not been able to turn anything on today.

hobbermittens ~ Thank you! I am soooo hoping to have conceived! :) It was so awful... so awful!! :( :( :(

Zanacal ~ thank you!! I am keeping my FX for you as well!!! :) :) I am feeling better today. :)

shouldihope?
September 11th, 2011, 06:37 PM
Hoping you get something beautiful from ashes. A sweet little one to take the place of a bad memory.

happyheart
September 11th, 2011, 06:54 PM
Hoping you get something beautiful from ashes. A sweet little one to take the place of a bad memory.

:HH: Thank you!! :)