PDA

View Full Version : Diaper sprayer

lilacforlulu
January 8th, 2011, 04:40 PM
Does anyone use a diaper sprayer to clean poopy diapers? Does it really work? Possible tmi warning, but the consistency of my baby's poop has changed and it's practically impossible to get it off. I'm starting to get really sick of dealing with it! Thanks :-)

nuthinbutpink
January 8th, 2011, 04:49 PM
Haven't tried that one yet. My kids are messy too!

nuthinbutpink
January 8th, 2011, 04:51 PM
Did you see this yet?
http://www.theclothdiaperreport.com/2009/09/diaper-sprayer-review-2-winner-giveaway.html

lilacforlulu
January 8th, 2011, 09:08 PM
Did you see this yet?
http://www.theclothdiaperreport.com/2009/09/diaper-sprayer-review-2-winner-giveaway.html

No, I hadn't thanks!

TnT
January 9th, 2011, 10:06 AM
I am still EBF so I don't use one yet. Once we start solids I think I will have to invest. There are lots of do it yourself options online.

http://gidgetgoeshome.com/2008/08/25/diy-tutorial-make-your-own-diaper-sprayer/

december
January 10th, 2011, 09:44 AM
We have the Bumgenius one (I think). I probably would have given up cloth diapering without it. It made it a lot easier to get the gross solid poo off. Now that he's eating a bit more, I can just shake it off... but those few months of transition from breastmilk poo to solids poo was disgusting.

grasshopper
January 10th, 2011, 11:19 PM
Yes...my DH attached one (he is not a big handyman but had no problems attaching it himself) next to our toilet and it was fanstastic for cleaning cloth nappies...especially good during toilet training as well when we had some accidents in knickers. Can recommend...made my life loads easier.

lilacforlulu
January 12th, 2011, 10:19 PM
Yes...my DH attached one (he is not a big handyman but had no problems attaching it himself) next to our toilet and it was fanstastic for cleaning cloth nappies...especially good during toilet training as well when we had some accidents in knickers. Can recommend...made my life loads easier.

Thanks, do you know what brand yours is? Have any of you had problems with it leaking? I've heard they can leak sometimes.

grasshopper
January 14th, 2011, 10:33 PM
Mine is a Little Squirt...I am in Australia though so not sure where they are available. It has never leaked...not once...never had a problem with it.

Lillylolly
January 20th, 2011, 03:03 AM
I don't have a sprayer but we use flushable liners with our organic BG. I simply lift it out and flush it all away. I would be worried about (poopy) water getting everywhere if I used a sprayer.

Wanting a daughter
January 21st, 2011, 09:06 PM
Also recommend liners. MUCH less mess to deal with.

lilacforlulu
January 21st, 2011, 10:17 PM
I don't have a sprayer but we use flushable liners with our organic BG. I simply lift it out and flush it all away. I would be worried about (poopy) water getting everywhere if I used a sprayer.

That's actually what I've been doing lately, I'd bought some awhile ago and just started using them. I'd say the only problem is sometimes it gets off the edge of the liner and I still have to swish it and he hasn't been on a predictable poop schedule like he used to, so I'm having to use them more than I'd like. Maybe I'll get the hang of it while I obsess over which diaper sprayer I'm going to get!