PDA

View Full Version : NEW AND IMPROVED swayers over 35 buddy group! 2016

atomic sagebrush
February 1st, 2016, 07:41 PM
Here it is! The new buddy group for moms over 35 who are swaying!

If you're over 35 and facing special challenges in your sway (or not!!) please post here!

Other possible topics of conversation include Nirvana, HR Pufnstuf, is it still ok to wear Birkenstocks that I paid $300 for in 1991 because they're still perfectly good!, mixing pop rocks and coke, and why the h-- do I have a kid in college and a baby in diapers at the same time??

Edited to add - upon further reflection I realize the demographics may have shifted on us so we can also talk about Backstreet Boys, Friends, Strawberry Shortcake, reminisce about the days when we used to wear our belly shirts with our pierced navels, is anyone still ironing their hair super straight, and why do I still crave fat free Snackwells cookies. Speculating about why we have a child in college and a baby in college still heartily encouraged.

1moregirl
February 2nd, 2016, 12:35 AM
Hi everyone. I am 44 years young. I didn't meet my DH until I was 35 so I was 36 when we married in March and we had our first baby 3 months later in June (boy). We had our second baby (girl) when I was 38 and our third (boy) when I was 40 (few months before I turned 41). I had always wanted a second daughter after our first one but our third little boy was unplanned and a beautiful surprise. My special challenge is getting my DH to agree to one last try for a baby as he is quite reluctant. Last year I conceived in June (I was 43), but had a missed miscarriage in August. I have always conceived very easily, so have been very blessed. But just have it in my heart to have one more baby and preferably a girl.ni have been taking 2000mcg folic acid and ubiquinol and a prenatal 3-4 times a week and trying my best at the atomic fertility diet and just waiting for the go ahead from DH for our 'one try' that he promised me a few weeks ago and has since changed his mind about. This weekend some time I will expect my first pos OPK, so will just wait and see.

Faithinpink
February 2nd, 2016, 12:41 AM
Hey, Good Luck with getting DH on board...
All the very best xx

1moregirl
February 2nd, 2016, 08:50 PM
Thanks FaithinPink. When are you planning to do your attempt? :)

more pink
February 3rd, 2016, 02:30 AM
Omg that made me laugh a kid in College and a baby in diapers :-D

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

more pink
February 3rd, 2016, 02:34 AM
Clicked ok before adding that this was one of my fears having s huge gap and be 40 and still changing anf waking up for night feeds Hats off to all of those who's I'm 36 and glad I've finished with babies b

more pink
February 3rd, 2016, 02:37 AM
Silly touch phone I meant hats off to those who are still doing it .
Best wishes for every one to get their pink or blue bean :)

The Anchor
February 3rd, 2016, 02:22 PM
I'm here!

By some stroke of luck I think DH is coming around to DE. Honestly he was dead set against for the longest time, but I don't think he realized you could "pick" a donor that looks like you! THAT was his biggest worry, old dummy. So I'm just treading the water right now, poking around the web. COME ON DH!

1moregirl
February 3rd, 2016, 07:04 PM
I'm here!

By some stroke of luck I think DH is coming around to DE. Honestly he was dead set against for the longest time, but I don't think he realized you could "pick" a donor that looks like you! THAT was his biggest worry, old dummy. So I'm just treading the water right now, poking around the web. COME ON DH!

Hi there Anchor. Is it due to your age that your choosing the egg donor option? I don't know much about that option although I've read of some celebs going that way when they are older. I am having trouble getting DH to agree to one more natural try let alone egg donors. Lol! I hope your DH comes around soon. :)

atomic sagebrush
February 3rd, 2016, 07:36 PM
I'm here!

Just remind him that some of us have mutated bio kids who come out and don't even look like us anyway!!! LOL Go Anchor's DH go!!!

Traci25
February 4th, 2016, 03:59 PM
This gives me hope! I'm 40 with a dd and 2 ds and really praying ttc girl to complete our family! Never had trouble conceiving bf my youngest is 16 months, I'm getting frustrated but know the science of aging! Ugh! Wishing everyone baby dust! Ive been on this site since August trying to learn everything I can. I missed O this month :( so trying one more month bf I see my on and asked for femara. IMy daughter has been begging for 8 yrs for a sister . I'm giving it 1 yr totall them going to thrown in towel I'm at that point that Iim not desperate to get pregnant Im blessed and thrilled with my boys just desperate my dd!! Is everyone doing dtd 4 days or 1 attempt with
+opk?

Faithinpink
February 6th, 2016, 06:13 PM
Thanks FaithinPink. When are you planning to do your attempt? :)

Hey 1moregirl we're aiming for April... Fx i can get pregnant it takes a while with me

1moregirl
February 7th, 2016, 12:35 AM
I, when I can persuade DH (because I'm not easily defeated), will just give it one go and will pray to God that's all it takes because DH may not allow any more tries. My heart yearns for one more healthy pregnancy and baby (preferably a girl, but that's not the be all and end all) yet sometimes my head (or at least part of it) says "wake up and smell the coffee and give up on the idea of one more baby". Tracie - maybe try one cycle with one try and if that doesn't work then go to e4d. Good luck to you. I hope you get that little sister for your daughter (I really hope I can too).

Faithinpink - I hope you get your little girl too Hun and a fast BFP in April. Sending you some of my pink dust. :)

Faithinpink
February 7th, 2016, 01:49 AM
Faithinpink - I hope you get your little girl too Hun and a fast BFP in April. Sending you some of my pink dust. :)[/QUOTE]

Thank you 1moregirl , I long for a daughter with all my heart and soul , I love all my boys but just wanna try my hardest without stressing myself out to much one last time...if I have another boy I will still be at peace because it's Gods will... The Lord will give you what you need , not always what you want xx

Traci25
February 11th, 2016, 02:18 PM
I hope so too!! What a blessing that would be!! I'm gonna try this month and test w opk twice a day and try temping I am horrible at it! I always forget until 730am!

1moregirl
February 11th, 2016, 05:32 PM
Traci - I was really good at temping last year when I got BFP. Would always set my alarm for 7am and take it straight away. But I have been slack and need to start back up again as it really does give you and FF more info to help pinpoint O successfully. I'm going to aim setting my alarm for 6.30am this time and take it then. Plus aiming for attempt now next cycle or the one after, WHEN (not if, because it will happen) I persuade DH. ;)

1moregirl
February 11th, 2016, 05:36 PM
Faithinpink - I hope you get your little girl too Hun and a fast BFP in April. Sending you some of my pink dust. :)

Thank you 1moregirl , I long for a daughter with all my heart and soul , I love all my boys but just wanna try my hardest without stressing myself out to much one last time...if I have another boy I will still be at peace because it's Gods will... The Lord will give you what you need , not always what you want xx[/QUOTE]

Faith - always the chance for link to happen Hun. I have a sister who had three boys and they thought they were done but then decided to do a bit of a sway and conceived their little girl, after 3 boys. Another example, my Mum has a non-identical twin sister. My Mum had four of us (all girls) and my Aunty had four girls and went back a 5th time and had a boy. That's just 2 examples from my family but sooo many more. I will be praying hard for you Hun because, even though boys are beautiful too and a blessing, after 4 of them you really deserve a little pinkie pie. I love my boys to bits and they really are Mummy's boys but every Mummy should have at least one little princess. Xx

The Anchor
February 12th, 2016, 03:26 PM
Hi there Anchor. Is it due to your age that your choosing the egg donor option? I don't know much about that option although I've read of some celebs going that way when they are older. I am having trouble getting DH to agree to one more natural try let alone egg donors. Lol! I hope your DH comes around soon. :)

I'm just OLD. LOL. DE is someone else's egg and DH's sperm. Not sure if even I am okay with it at this point, just thrilled to possibly have another option.

MrsFourBoys
June 23rd, 2016, 04:23 PM
Hello :)

New member intro.....

I am 39 and have four boys 14,12,11,9 and OH and I are going to have one final shot at a girl.....

Very nervous due to my age and risks of birth defects - have read the mammoth thread on swaying for a girl but it is information overload.

At my age am I better just aiming for a healthy baby or do we play the sway game?

Husband has Alpha 1 antytripsin deficiency so has a very high sperm count which I think is going to be a challenge to sway - anyone have any experience of this ?

atomic sagebrush
June 24th, 2016, 11:34 AM
Hi and welcome MrsFour!! Fellow mom of 4 boys here.

Try not to overthink the fertility/birth defects idea. Much of that is scaremongering. I had my 4th boy at 39 and then my daughter when I was 42 and both are perfectly healthy. My last pregnancy was my easiest one and the birth was a piece of cake! :)

You absolutely can still sway, I would advise you to follow the atomic fertility diet in this thread, 5 from the top, the variation for pink swayers http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-general-discussion/9052-swaying-under-special-circumstances-part-3-pcos.html and also up folate intake to 2000 mcg a day and add in 400 mg coq10 (ubiquinol is best) as these may help you make better eggs.

For hubby, I would not give him any sway supplements or diet. he needs to do only what is appropriate for his health. If you are truly worried about sperm count I would ahve him do what we call "hurry up FR" - when it comes time for attempt, have him release once, dump that release, and then DTD again as soon as he is able to, using only second batch for insemination. Within an hour if possible, within 3 still good, within 6 is the outer limit. If you get to 6 hours and still can't complete the transaction LOL that's still ok, you can still have one attempt, it's just that the hurry up FR may not add much at that point.

If he can't do that, jsut have him do regular release every 2-4 days but have only one attempt. Most of us have our one attempt on the day of positive OPK (day before O) but if you prefer you can do it with a cutoff. Timing doesn't sway, but many people really do want to include it. That is fine, just be sure that you have only the one attempt at first because one attempt really does sway (for reasons we can only guess at)

Girlieplease
June 24th, 2016, 06:59 PM
Can I join your merry crew? Am just turned 36, I have three beautiful babies ( g, b @ b) trying to conceive number 4. Hoping to have a girl. Had our first attempt in June, unsuccessful, af just arrived. I am gutted, all three of my babies were conceived first attempt. Trying to re group and be practical and tighten my attempt for July. This is my last baby irrespective of gender. Why am I so gutted when af arrived? I knew it would happen. Looking forward to this journey with you guy's and bring on the bfp' s! X

mummy2boys
June 25th, 2016, 03:39 AM
Just want to say hi, I'm 39 and have two gorgeous boys. Currently starting a girl sway whilst still trying to convince hubby to go for a third.. I've lost about 8lb already on the diet which I'm hoping will help. My first boy was conceived on honeymoon (gaining weight rapidly with lots of lovely food!) Glad to have found this lovely group :) x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dreamsister
June 25th, 2016, 11:34 AM
Just want to say hi also. I am 41 - gosh it seems so old when I say and write it. I feel like I am still in my mid-30'ies though. LOL. Have 3 lovely boys aged 6, 8 and 9 and are trying for a forth. Did one unsuccesfull PDG-IVF-PDG-attempt in Europe at the age of 39 and then moved on to ttc natural. Had our first real sway attempt in May. Got BFP, but unfortunately this pregnancy has just ended (week 4 or 5) and I am now waiting MC-bleed.

I have decided to give it a go with TTC until I turn 43. DH is NOT AT ALL sharing my baby-fever but is on board and taking OLE (sweetheart).

I go back and forth thinking I am crazy and egoistic to want a baby at my age, but I can't help it. Swaying has become a project, an obsession. I wish I was not in such a hurry bc of my age. I have read that by the age of 40 there is 55 pct risk that a pregancy will result in miscarriage bc of bad egg and abnormalities, so although I might still be fertile it is up hill and I prepare my self mentally that I am not going be succesfull.

GL to everybody.

DS1 (9) ❤️ DS2 (8) [emoji173] DS3 (5) ❤️ DW (41) [emoji1326] DH (38) [emoji144] TTC'ing pink from May 2016

atomic sagebrush
June 25th, 2016, 01:23 PM
It is really weird when you get "a certain age" and still feel exactly the same as ever, isn't it?? :)

It's nice at the same time though because you do realize there is so much more to life and so many new stages you get to experience.

I really enjoy being in my 40's and would NEVER go back to my 20's again no way no how!!

MrsFourBoys
June 26th, 2016, 12:50 PM
Hello Atomic and other mums2be :)

Can I ask as I haven't had access granted yet to questionnaires when is the best time to come off the mini pill ? I am still having periods so is it best to stop at the start of my next period ?

Also when dtd do you abstain before the attempt or can you still have regular intercourse in the build up to O as this may lower his count and therefore favour girls ?

Thank you :)

Girlieplease
June 26th, 2016, 02:39 PM
Hi mrsfourboys, I think it depends on the age of your dh, if he is over 35 abstaining is not recommended, so other option for swaying pink is frequent release! X

atomic sagebrush
June 27th, 2016, 01:22 PM
Hello Atomic and other mums2be :)

Can I ask as I haven't had access granted yet to questionnaires when is the best time to come off the mini pill ? I am still having periods so is it best to stop at the start of my next period ?

Also when dtd do you abstain before the attempt or can you still have regular intercourse in the build up to O as this may lower his count and therefore favour girls ?

Thank you :)

Yes that is what I'd do is just stop them then. I want you to TTC to catch the first egg though, so stay on it til the month you plan to TTC.

I have to review your questionnaire but very few couples over 35 do abstain.

ssableu
June 28th, 2016, 07:35 AM
Hi everyone. Thought I would introduce myself here since I am in the over 35 club! I am 37, have 2 beautiful girls, ages 6 and 3, and am swaying blue this time! I have been swaying for several months now but seriously attempted only one cycle. Had some trouble with EPO (I think?) messing with my cycles so I am giving that up for good. I usually have a short cycle of 23 days but at first the EPO was causing an even shorter LP. This cycle however, I never ovulated (at least never got a positive OPK) and now my period is 5 days late...and NO, not pregnant - negative pregnancy tests x 2. So???? Wondering if this is all to blame on the EPO or if this could be something else - like early menopause? This odd cycle thing is definitely new for me - you could set your clock by my cycle when I was attempting with the girls!

atomic sagebrush
June 28th, 2016, 11:42 AM
Yes it's the EPO, defo drop that.

Are you taking anything else like RJBP or green tea??

I can all but 100% assure you that you're not in early menopause.

GirlieCat
July 17th, 2016, 10:43 PM
Hello All, wanted to introduce myself. I am a bit sad that I meet the criteria for this group, but also feel like I still might not fit in because it sounds like all the other 35+ ladies already have kids and are TTC to finish up their family. I on the other hand am 35, hubby is 38, we have been married for 9 years and zero children (by choice). We know that the time is now or never because my uterus is not getting any younger so we are finally doing this (ahhhhhhh- I am still scared overall to become parents).

We both really want a girl for our first so I am doing everything I can to try and tip the scale in that direction. After reading around the forum I have found I am doing a lot wrong that sways blue (like multivitamin prenatals) but I am working on changing things to sway girl. I have been off BC pills for 6 months and I am on metformin for PCOS, but I don't have insulin resistance as part of my PCOS. I think I might finally have my cycle somewhat regular (although on the longer side of 37-40 days).

I know the diet works best being on it for several months, but what are some short term things I can do to sway pink?

1moregirl
July 19th, 2016, 07:59 PM
Come on you ladies here in this thread. Lots of positivity please! To start off with, I really don't like reading things like 'I'm 37 and wondering if I'm TOO OLD for another baby.' There are a couple of us here who are 43 and I'm 44 and ttc my last child, so if you younger ones are 'old' then we who are rapidly nearing our mid 40s must be ancient. Lol! Yes there are higher risks of things with getting pregnant at our age but it's not impossible. I was a late starter because I met my husband at 35. I had my first baby at 36 (boy), my second baby at 38 (girl) and my last baby at 40 (boy, and I was 2 months off turning 41). I have always been highly fertile and gotten pregnant fairly easily. Last year at 43 I got pregnant doing a girl sway but miscarried at 10 weeks. Last cycle I had a CP and right now at this moment I am 9DPO and suspecting I may just be lucky enough to get another BFP this cycle...just nervously waiting and hoping it has been a good egg and might be a sticky BFP. Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself and share my story of having healthy babies in my later 30s and early 40s to give you others hope. Stay strong, positive and don't dwell on your age or statistics. If it's in your heart and soul to have another baby or one last baby, just go for it and don't give up until it happens for you. Baby dust to all. :) xxoo

atomic sagebrush
July 21st, 2016, 02:37 PM
Well, this thread is for everyone and many women in that age group have worries about their age and they also have the right to express those. I don't want everyone walking around on eggshells worrying about who's gonna be offended about this or that. The medical establishment and the media has put the fear of infertility into people's minds based on very poor data because the research indicates that particularly those who have proven fertility have very high chances of conceiving up to 40 and beyond.

Everyone over 35 is free to post about their concerns and fears in this thread. :agree: We who conceived over 40 can chime in and assure everyone that it IS possible to get pregnant over 35, 38, 40, and even 42. It can happen!!

MrsGoodies
July 22nd, 2016, 08:30 AM
Well, this thread is for everyone and many women in that age group have worries about their age and they also have the right to express those. I don't want everyone walking around on eggshells worrying about who's gonna be offended about this or that. The medical establishment and the media has put the fear of infertility into people's minds based on very poor data because the research indicates that particularly those who have proven fertility have very high chances of conceiving up to 40 and beyond.

Everyone over 35 is free to post about their concerns and fears in this thread. :agree: We who conceived over 40 can chime in and assure everyone that it IS possible to get pregnant over 35, 38, 40, and even 42. It can happen!!

Oh, yes! I am living proof pregnancy IS possible in your 40's. i've been pg 3x @ 41,42 and 43..... Getting to the live birth has been the challenge :(

1moregirl
July 22nd, 2016, 10:24 PM
I think it's when you hit 43 that your fertility really takes a good flooring. I seem to be living proof of that, but I do understand it's different for every woman.