PDA

View Full Version : Some days it's hard.......

netti02
February 2nd, 2016, 04:53 AM
Sometimes it's a thought, it flickers by quickly yet leaves enough of a sting on the heart. The super cute baby girl pics i dreamed of getting done, especially the one with DH holding his little girl in his hands with her crown.... the adorable outfits ive had saved because I always dreamed of dressing my little girl.... these are filled with a void because they will never see the light of day.

I enjoy all 5 of my boys and always will. Their precious to me and I love them dearly and I am so glad they are healthy and happy. There's just that selfish part of me that wants to experience a life with a daughter too.

Whether or not it happens down the track, ill hold her dear to my heart as if she is here with me.

Mum to 5 special princes

Beau82
February 2nd, 2016, 11:13 AM
I'm so with you there. I have days where I really think I'm ok with being a mom to only boys. I think I'm ok with moving forward as a family and I like that my third is potty-trained and that we only have one more to train before we're done with diapers. I also kind of like the attention we get when we go out. People seem to love all boy families so that's always kind of fun.

Buuut.....there are days where I find myself daydreaming about raising a daughter, about seeing my husband fall in love with a little girl of his own, about giving my boys a little sister to adore and protect. I too think about cute photo shoots but also about when she's older. I have always had a wonderful relationship with my mom and would love to have that with a daughter of my own.

You're definitely not alone. I would like to have another baby, deep down, but I'm not sure if my husband will ever agree to it. Sometimes I think he'd like another too but there are other days where he gets so stressed over the 4 we have that I know having a fifth is the very last thing on his mind. So there is a very real possibility that this is it for me and I have to start accepting that.

netti02
February 2nd, 2016, 11:20 AM
It hurts to know there are others that feel this ache. It's not pleasant at all.

It was such a stretch to get hubby to agree to a 5th i think a 6th is out of the question for me too. I would need it to be 100% a girl to go one more time though cause the anxiety leading up to this one's ultrasound was way too much.

Im so desperate to try HT but we're in Australia and that makes the process all the more difficult/expensive and I don't think DH would be on board.

Ive only just found out this little ones gender so i will certainly need some time to heal.

Mum to 5 special princes

Beau82
February 2nd, 2016, 11:33 AM
Oh you just found out recently? I will say that I had bad GD when I found out that #4 was a boy. It felt so intense in the early days. It has lessened over time if that makes you feel any better. I still feel it from time to time but it's not as all-consuming as it once was.

My husband is the same. I know if there was a guarantee, he'd have no problem agreeing to a 5th but HT is out of the question for us too. We're in Canada and we just don't have that kind of extra money. I think at least part of the reason for his reluctance to try for a 5th is how I'll feel if it ends up being another boy. I was quite upset last time and I think he worries about that.

Babygirlquest
February 2nd, 2016, 01:27 PM
I didn't think we could ever do it either, money was just out of be question, in the uk so would mean travel. But I just couldn't let it go so we have found a means to try it. I have so many worries and concerns with going through IVF/pgd but I just can't not try for my girl.

I know if I am not successful I will eventually find peace and move on but I wonder if there will always be pangs? It's so hard ladies. I have been there. At the moment I am totally off social media cos I can't cope with the girl pics.

netti02
February 2nd, 2016, 08:21 PM
Babygirlquest i think it would be easier to manage in the UK the Australia. Me and hubby have never been overseas and im not sure if I would get him on board. Ive contacted a company that does all the ground work here in Australia for Dr Potter so I will see how i go. I really think i have better chances of winning lotto than convincing DH but its worth a try.

Mum to 5 special princes