PDA

View Full Version : Scared

1moregirl
February 3rd, 2016, 07:11 PM
What can I do to relieve myself of this fear I have of a repeat miscarriage occurring like last time? I sooo envy other Mums who have even just one miscarriage and then have the courage to go back and try again. I have a 42 yr old friend who is around 4 months pregnant and she had a miscarriage at 6 weeks some time last year and I soooo admire her courage in going back again. Yet, thank heavens, it has all worked out for her this time. I wonder if I could be hit with the same stroke of good fortune? The prospect of being pregnant again fills me with both excitement, hope and fear all at the same time. My doctor has said that we can do weekly hcg blood tests to help monitor things, which I guess would help as if the baby passes away I want to know right away instead of 2 weeks later when I start to bleed. Any other ideas which could help?

ever hopeful
February 4th, 2016, 05:08 AM
I went back to HT at 45, after a m/c at 9 weeks when I was 44 (first m/c after 3 perfectly healthy natural pregnancies). If I'm honest I worried lots more thoughout last pregnancy then my other 3 put together - at every stage, every twinge, scan etc and didn't truely relax until DD was in my arms as I knew it was my last hope of having a DD. TBH, I'm not sure a blood test every week will necessarily help as you will just panic once a week and I'm a strong believer in what will be will be. Really good luck and hope it works for you. xx

atomic sagebrush
February 4th, 2016, 04:39 PM
I thought every. single. day. with my last pregnancy after 2 losses (not as scary as yours tho!!) that I would lose my last one. Every time I went to the bathroom I thought that was it and expected bleeding. I just kept saying "stay with me baby stay with me!" But even after she was born (up until VERY recently, this year even) I still would wake up totally convinced she wasn't breathing. :p I agree with ever in that if it was ME a blood test would be even MORE nervewracking

purple
February 4th, 2016, 05:21 PM
I'm not sure how to stop worrying. My loss was similar to yours with the need for blood transfusions but im not worried about that part happening again as I wouldn't leave it so late to go to the hospital.

I'm not sure the blood tests would help as last time mine were rising even though the scan showed hardly any growth.

If it helps, I'm feeling a bit more positive this time and although I have moments where I'm convinced I will miscarry again overall I'm fairly relaxed.

I try to remember my body has done it fine twice before so it can do it again.

1moregirl
February 4th, 2016, 07:12 PM
Thanks ladies. And Purple - congratulations on your pregnancy. Are you an older Mum too Hun? Sorry, I hope you don't mind me asking. Yes - I guess what will be will be and you just have to go into it thinking positively.

purple
February 5th, 2016, 05:00 PM
I'm on the younger side of what is considered an older mum, 36.

1moregirl
February 5th, 2016, 08:03 PM
I'm on the younger side of what is considered an older mum, 36.

Oh Purple...lucky you. I had my first at 36. Would loved to have started younger but I was never lucky in love. I always seemed to attract men that were commitment phobes and just out for a good time but not a long time. :( I have had many a broken heart and I still often have dreams of my first real love (young man I had my first serious relationship with from 18-20. We broke each other's hearts and I actually had an early miscarriage with him when I was 19 and we talked of marriage and kids. I think he spoiled me for other men for a very long time and I still hold a very special place in my heart for him even now. Sorry for my life history. Lol! I am very lucky I met my DH who is a lovely man and very loyal and devoted to the kids and I. I know plenty of ladies who never met anyone at all and missed the chance of motherhood completely. Anyway, I hope you have a little girl in there growing healthily away.

MyByC
February 7th, 2016, 06:09 PM
I did not experienced a mc but I had friends who did..actually a friend that took her pregnancy to 40 weeks, her water broke and the baby strangled by the time she arrived to hospital...tooo sad.
Because of these stories I heard, experienced/cried with them and many others I read in here in 2014 when I was preparring for my sway...I decided to take a break from GD forum until I get pregnant and give birth to a healthy baby....All of my pregnancy I was thinking at "what if her heart stops? What if something happends..." I had bleeding, I had problems with my pregnancy as well, took pills to sustain it but always and always prayed!...I always imagined my little one in my arms and how she would look, how I will put her to sleep or how I will dress her..so I think these things kept me from thinking negative in the end and going further...
Dont read sad storied, dont listen to them...avoid them as much. If some things make you sad here, just take a break until first trimester is over..you will feel much much better.
It worked for me.

[emoji166]