PDA

View Full Version : What music do you listen to?

nuthinbutpink
January 8th, 2011, 05:10 PM
Anything interesting? My favorite is Elton John. Just love Your Song. But, when the kids aren't with me, I am a big hip hop fan:cool:

Love me some old school Jay-Z 'Can I get a what what'...can you bounce wit me...;)

I listen to anything...from pop to country but if something I can head nod to comes on, I'm noddin!

Missyslair
January 8th, 2011, 10:58 PM
Country for me! Love Faith Hill, Carrie Underwood, Rascal Flatts, Garth, Tim McGraw... New and old, although in the car it's repeat on the Toy Story Soundtrack, LOL.

grasshopper
January 9th, 2011, 03:04 AM
I love most stuff, got a soft spot for some of the main****** alternative...just have a hard time with thrash/death metal and a lot of the techno that you have to be off your head on something to enjoy. Other than that I pretty much love it all (although gotta love me some classic 80's).

Persuing Lacey
January 9th, 2011, 03:17 AM
I'm an 80s girl at heart too. Just can't let go really! Not that I listen to it much but when I do I always have a memory for each song. Nowdays I like pretty much anything in the top 40. I really like Gwen Stefani, nickelback,Michael Jackson and INXS. How's that for a mix?

ThinkPink
January 9th, 2011, 07:28 AM
I like a bit of everything coldplay, NBP I too am closet hip hop fan when ds isnt around (JayZ, 2 Pac, Kanye ....). Beyonce is one of my favourites though if I want cheerin up!

nuthinbutpink
January 9th, 2011, 08:37 AM
The 80s and 90s are 2 of my XM FAVs!

december
January 10th, 2011, 09:50 AM
I'm more of an indie rock kind of girl. I also love me some Jack Johnson (which is L's favorite too). I also always find myself grabbing my old faves like the Shins, Death Cab or Dashboard.

december
January 10th, 2011, 09:51 AM
I also used to work in a book/music store. So up until I had L, I was pretty current on everything and had a HUGE range of new artists I liked. Now I feel like I've fallen behind :(

atomic sagebrush
January 10th, 2011, 10:48 AM
I like all music, as long as it's GOOD, ie unique and well done. I hate cookie cutter stuff that seems like it was thrown together in 10 minutes to make money.

Viene
January 10th, 2011, 11:50 AM
I like most kinds of music, but my favorite is indie or brit rock type stuff like like The Shins, Death Cab, Decemberists, Foals, Coldplay, Radiohead, The National, Neko Case and of course now I am drawing a blank, but there are a TON. I am a huge fan of the Beatles. I don't like pop music because like atomic said it seems like they were put together in a few minutes. My guilty pleasure is Lady GaGa.

grasshopper
January 11th, 2011, 12:00 AM
LOL...I'm a closet Eminem fan. Used to be my travel music on long trips...pre-kids.

Persuing Lacey
January 11th, 2011, 12:45 AM
Oh, lady gaga is great too!

xnicolax
January 11th, 2011, 04:41 AM
I like loads of music, just about all of the above but in my car CD player I have Take That, Olly Murs and Robbie Williams! Right now, they are my favourite.

prettyinpink18
January 13th, 2011, 04:13 PM
80's music has always been my favorite, lol. I do love me some Bon Jovi.

nuthinbutpink
January 13th, 2011, 04:34 PM
80's music has always been my favorite, lol. I do love me some Bon Jovi.

OMG I loved, loved his hair when I was in middle school!!

grasshopper
January 14th, 2011, 10:30 PM
Ugh...never been a huge Bon Jovi fan although like his music...I think it's because at school there was this girl who was OBSESSED with him...spouted off little facts about him in every conversation but her favourite line was..."did you know that Jon (she almost never called him Bon Jovi) is gong to marry me some day"...when you would point out he is already married, HAPPILY, she would reply with..."that's because he hasn't met me yet...you know, his soul mate". She was a nice girl but it honestly drove me insane...I never got that nuts about a star.

hawaiigirl
January 15th, 2011, 02:15 PM
I like everything but r&b is my favorite. :)

prettyinpink18
January 15th, 2011, 04:22 PM
Yep, the hair was hot, and everything else about him too, lol.

anxiousandready
January 20th, 2011, 08:21 PM
Neo-soul and jazz for me. A little hip hop added in as well as country!

GreaseMonkey
January 20th, 2011, 09:51 PM
I too am a HUGE fan of Country music and there is only 1 station where I live and my radio is ALWAYS on that station unless DH is driving lol

Jojogirl
January 21st, 2011, 09:41 AM
I listen to anything and everything when I have the chance. Most of the time, wiggles are in the car...LOL I have a 6 disc cd changer in my van. Right now there is the best of the wiggles, Jason Mraz, A Charlie Brown Christmas soundtrack (need to change that one now :P), The best of the Carpenters (don't ask! LOL), U2, and "silly songs"...LMAO!

Pixiedoll
January 21st, 2011, 09:52 AM
Viene- you my kinda girl! Am loving The National and am complete Radiohead freak...I'm a bit of an odd ball I suppose. Was a total grunger (ha ha ) at school in the early nineties (waaay too much eyeliner me thinks), but still go for the indie girl/ rock stuff. Love the Yeah Yeah Yeah's and PG Harvey, The Pixies, Modest mouse and Arcade Fire...God I LOVE Arcade Fire...So not to every ones taste but my music keeps me going! xx

Lillylolly
January 21st, 2011, 09:56 AM
I mostly listen to childrens' music! I am all about whatever makes him happy.

december
January 21st, 2011, 10:11 AM
Viene- you my kinda girl! Am loving The National and am complete Radiohead freak...I'm a bit of an odd ball I suppose. Was a total grunger (ha ha ) at school in the early nineties (waaay too much eyeliner me thinks), but still go for the indie girl/ rock stuff. Love the Yeah Yeah Yeah's and PG Harvey, The Pixies, Modest mouse and Arcade Fire...God I LOVE Arcade Fire...So not to every ones taste but my music keeps me going! xx

Yes, you are! Both of you actually. Well, minus the Radiohead... just never been a fan ::shrugs::

Jojogirl
January 21st, 2011, 10:42 AM
I mostly listen to childrens' music! I am all about whatever makes him happy.

Yup...that's me too. If it keeps him quiet, I'm happy!