PDA

View Full Version : Second dilemma

1moregirl
February 4th, 2016, 07:06 PM
Obviously my first dilemma is getting DH to agree again to one more try. The second dilemma is I am onto CD 14 today and we have not BDed since CD 7. Yes! That's 7 days without any sex. Terrible! You would think any normal man would be complaining by now but not my DH. I think he could happily be a monk and go without it. Obviously we are not meant to be abstaining being both in our 40s. And I am expecting to get a pos OPK tomorrow or CD 16 and 17. So what do I do Atomic? If he agrees to just one try without a condom over the weekend (or, unbeknownst to him, when I get the first positive OPK) what do I do? Or do I just consider this cycle a wasted crappy cycle and wait til the next now? I'm soooo peeved off I could just about kick something - except that wouldn't be a good example for my 3 yr old. :mad: DH and I have had a bit of a disconnected week this week and it doesn't help that he studies til late every second night, plus he has seemed spaced out this week so I've just backed off and away from him a bit. We go though these stages. Don't know why really. I wish he was more vocal, talkative, happy, cheerful - instead of being serious, quiet, moody and sullen. :(

nuthinbutpink
February 5th, 2016, 06:46 AM
I would think that you need a little more time to make sure you and DH are on the sane page and another child is what you BOTH really want. Having another kid is major. Four kids is hard! Seems crazy to me to try this way.

Babygirlquest
February 5th, 2016, 11:38 AM

1moregirl
February 5th, 2016, 08:09 PM
Thanks for the advice ladies. Yes I'm not certainly not mentioning it again at the moment. We did get back on board last night with our intimacy so that was nice and all is well again. But, like you both said, I don't want to spoil things. And he has said to me that he wants me to put it all on paper too, exactly what I am wanting and what compromises I am prepared to make it if he agrees to just the one try. I am happy for just one try and if it doesn't work I will accept that. Because it is a compromise after all. Thanks for your honesty and advice. I really appreciate it. Helps also to put it all into perspective. :)

atomic sagebrush
February 5th, 2016, 08:15 PM
I think that if you're holding off to have a perfect sway or let vitamins "work" or something like that, don't.

If you're holding off to get your head right or your heart right or your marriage right, then that is a different matter all together and I think you need to quit worrying about swaying and abstaining because there are bigger things at stake here.

1moregirl
February 5th, 2016, 08:23 PM
Great advice Atomic as well. Thanks. I totally get it. I am due to O tomorrow or the next day. I hate the idea of wasting another O but yes, my marriage has to come first and we need to talk more and be on the same page which I will work on. I thi k I'm going to put all my thoughts down on paper and the compromises and then let DH read it and then we will discuss it and see what happens from that. I'm disappointed that he agreed to one more shot and then took it away...doesn't seem fair to me for him to turn it into some sort of game or power play that he seems to have all the control over.

Babygirlquest
February 6th, 2016, 05:21 AM