PDA

View Full Version : Christmas, again!!!!!!!

ELP
September 12th, 2011, 06:08 AM
Ladies, I can't believe it, its coming up to 'that' time of year again ugh!! Moneys tihgt as it is for everyone, but I just cannot bring myself to start looking for the new piles of junk that will welcome its way into the house on xmas morning!! I've been looking on ebay for some newish stuff locally to save a few pounds but am so not in the mood of this this year:rolleyes: Quality over quantity right???

Anyone else started shopping???

Zivic-Bubac
September 12th, 2011, 06:33 AM
Hey, it's way too early, so don't worry, be happy! :wink: I'm still operating in 'summer break ' modus although it's already a history ;)

I understand COMPLETELY not looking forward to new piles of junk :rolleyes: I've started to feel bad about my kids' birthdays exactly for that reason + the party costs too much for me to feel happy about it :oops: It's just stuff, stuff, stuff,...they won't be needing new toy for the rest of their LIVES, let alone childhood lol!

rainbowflower
September 12th, 2011, 07:01 AM
my DS has his 1st birthday just before Xmas, and my DH has his a few days before that! December will be expensive this year ;)

Flava
September 12th, 2011, 08:25 AM
I hate that Christmas start earlier every year! Give me a break there is already christmas stuff in the store and it's not even Halloween yet! So nope IDC about it just now. Plus we made a limit years ago all the kids get 3 present and that's it.
This way they all happy to get stuff and it's not to much and not to expensive .
Me and DH don't get much , or nothing at all , but that's ok. Normally I get something for DH and we all done.

DoulaMama
September 12th, 2011, 11:03 AM
Ugh! I hate Christmas shopping!
This year my 3yo and 5yo get one gift plus a stocking, and the baby will most likely get some clothes from us.....but as for everyone else we know and between the 2 of us(hubby and I).......NADA! LOL! My hubby and I are taking all the money that would normally go to Christmas(way too much!)and saving it for our Disneyland trip in 2 years time. We're driving a big camper from where we live, down through a few states to Disney, and back up the Oregon coast(3 weeks total). It's going to be a pricey trip so we have to start saving like crazy. My hubs and I are relieved that we don't have to shop this year...LOL.

LolaInLove
September 12th, 2011, 12:24 PM
DM, I think that sounds awesome! I am a firm believer that kids need to learn early that life isn't about the material things you possess, so we do a handful of presents and that's it. DH and I always pick something for us to share. But we don't buy much for others, either. I'll bake cookies and give family homemade stuff the girls made, like a cool picture frame they decorated with a cute pic of them in it. I think stuff like that means more anyway. But yes, I HATE having to do all that stuff....and my job is the absolute busiest from Sep-Dec, so I never have any time.

atomic sagebrush
September 17th, 2011, 11:24 AM
I was just starting to think about it. We are having a weird summer that took forever to get going, so it's only just now gotten hot the last few weeks - my brain is still in summer mode!!!

Glittergirl
September 17th, 2011, 12:12 PM
We limit gifts as well. With extended family we really don't buy gifts anymore and us siblings may just buy each others kids something. Between our own kids, I put limits and just get a few nice items and a stocking. I'm also so sick of all the toys in this house!!!! i have told grandparents that the kids really do not need anything. NOt sure if they will listen but I just feel like their toy room has so much toys!

nuthinbutpink
September 17th, 2011, 01:07 PM
My rule to family is anything with small pieces goes in the trash! We really cut back last year. We try to buy outside toys.

sinderella
September 17th, 2011, 03:06 PM
ohhh god, i hate this time of year, its sooooooo pressureised, here in ireland its cold , wet and feels like winter since june, kids have allready started santa letters and its not even october!
moneys tight this year and ill be 37 weeks at christmas so i really want to get sorted as early as possible. there is so much pressure on parents to try and provide the best, i just dont know how some people do it ! this year presents will be practicle for sure !

TTC5
September 17th, 2011, 05:20 PM
Cutting back here too!!!