PDA

View Full Version : Something strange going on with O....???? Please advise

1moregirl
February 7th, 2016, 06:25 PM
This has not happened to me before. It is soooo strange. I have always Oed between CD 14-18 like clockwork with the last cycles being CD 16 or 17. I should by now at CD 17 have a pos OPK, in fact I should have had O today by now, yet my OPKs are still showing negative. What the hell? I don't get it. I was planning on getting DH to BD tonight, or whenever pos OPK arrived, without a condom (if he agrees of course). This is soooo bizarre! I have been having yesterday and this morning EWCM (but with a greenish colour, sorry if tmi) yet have been a bit itchy down there too so am wondering if I have a yeast infection going on. I've never been this confused about O and have always known it before. Now I'm wondering if that sonographer was correct and I've Oed earlier in my cycle somehow. I had that scan on CD 12 and had some of what I thought was EWCM on CD 10 but recorded a def Neg OPK on that day also. Please advise....I can't believe this. I'm in my 40s and have 3 kids so you'd think I'd have this down pat by now. :(

familymatters
February 7th, 2016, 07:03 PM
All I can say is that perhaps you are going to O late this cycle? Or maybe you wont O this cycle for some reason. I often don't O til CD 20-23. But that is fairly normal for me because I have 30-35 day cycles. Sorry your body has decided to throw you a curve ball

more pink
February 7th, 2016, 07:40 PM
Greenish stuff with an itch means vaginal thrush that could mess with O but it's normal to experience in the 40's what's called the beginning of the wacky cycle ;)

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

1moregirl
February 7th, 2016, 08:31 PM
It is just interesting that I had that ultrasound on CD12 and the gyn doc who was doing it told me that it looked like I had Oed already. I guess I just keep testing daily and if I don't get a positive and get AF at some point I will have ovulated earlier this cycle before CD 12. That in itself is completely bizarre as I've never Oed that early in my life. On a positive note though, if I did O some time prior to CD 12 DH and I BD on CDs 6 and 7 unprotected so maybe by some blessed miracle I could get a BFP out of all of this. That would be wonderful. I can still remember how excited I was the last time I got a BFP. I said to DH the other day that I can still remember the last day I was completely 110% happy and overjoyed with life. It was last year one day in August on our little boy's 3rd birthday party when I was 9 weeks pregnant. We told a few people we were expecting again and we had our family and closest friends there altogether and I was just so happy and complete. :( OK, I'm tearing up now so not thinking of that any more. I just want to end my baby making days on a positive note with one last healthy pregnancy and baby out of it.

Traci25
February 8th, 2016, 12:42 AM
I've been having trouble finding when I O this month too, It's stinks. Every month that goes by is hard emotionally I'm 40 and worried the golden egg! I'm 99% pos I missed this month bc I waited for +opk and never got one. I do know swaying pink can effect cycles. Hang in there wish you luck!!

familymatters
February 8th, 2016, 01:10 AM
It is just interesting that I had that ultrasound on CD12 and the gyn doc who was doing it told me that it looked like I had Oed already. I guess I just keep testing daily and if I don't get a positive and get AF at some point I will have ovulated earlier this cycle before CD 12. That in itself is completely bizarre as I've never Oed that early in my life. On a positive note though, if I did O some time prior to CD 12 DH and I BD on CDs 6 and 7 unprotected so maybe by some blessed miracle I could get a BFP out of all of this. That would be wonderful. I can still remember how excited I was the last time I got a BFP. I said to DH the other day that I can still remember the last day I was completely 110% happy and overjoyed with life. It was last year one day in August on our little boy's 3rd birthday party when I was 9 weeks pregnant. We told a few people we were expecting again and we had our family and closest friends there altogether and I was just so happy and complete. :( OK, I'm tearing up now so not thinking of that any more. I just want to end my baby making days on a positive note with one last healthy pregnancy and baby out of it.
Maybe you are pregnant! Stranger things have happened. My closest friend had been trying to get pregnant for a year before she discovered she ovulated around CD 10 rather than CD 14-16 (which is when her and her hubby would BD), and she had 26 day cycles. There is every chance your OB was bang on and you had already O'd before that appointment. But yes, get excited! TTC is exciting!!!!!

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

1moregirl
February 8th, 2016, 05:02 AM
Thanks Traci and FamilyMatters. I don't know what to make of all this but I'm not going to get my hopes up about being pregnant yet either, even though I would love to. I wish my O day would go to CD 10 or something as during and toward the end of AF is the only time DH will BD without protection. I haven't mentioned babies again for a few days. I kind of ease up for a few days and then crack hints for a few days again. He has to crack and give in sooner or later. Hopefully sooner...hehe. Anyway, I will test again tomorrow with OPK and see what happens. I bought some Ovuplan ones again and tested with one of those and it was definitely negative as well. I also usually always get 2 days of pos OPKs so I don't know where they would've fit in if I Oed earlier on in the piece. Time will tell I guess.

1moregirl
February 8th, 2016, 08:37 PM
Well it looks like I am Oing a LOT later than usual as today, at CD 18 I've gotten my first pos OPK. So I assume I will get another pos OPK tomorrow and O sometime tomorrow afternoon/evening. So tonight would be perfect for an attempt, if only DH would agree. But he is at work so no chance of talking about it now. In the perfect girl moon sign as well for the next few days (not that I'm completely sold on that, but anyway). Argh....the frustration is killing me...lol

maidentomother
February 9th, 2016, 07:03 AM
That's not that much later than usual hun! Good luck with DH.

atomic sagebrush
February 9th, 2016, 08:23 PM
I do wonder if you already Oed. Other option is that you have yet to O.

I swear our bodies know when we are trying to pay attention and everything goes weird when we're watching to see what is going on. :p

I hope it happens soon.

atomic sagebrush
February 9th, 2016, 08:24 PM
Well it looks like I am Oing a LOT later than usual as today, at CD 18 I've gotten my first pos OPK. So I assume I will get another pos OPK tomorrow and O sometime tomorrow afternoon/evening. So tonight would be perfect for an attempt, if only DH would agree. But he is at work so no chance of talking about it now. In the perfect girl moon sign as well for the next few days (not that I'm completely sold on that, but anyway). Argh....the frustration is killing me...lol

Anything between 10-21 days is all pretty normal range. I know it's a PITA when it changes it up on ya though.

1moregirl
February 10th, 2016, 09:12 PM
Hi Atomic. I am on CD 20 today and just had my third day in a row of positive OPKs. What the heck does this mean Hun? First time in my life. I usually just have 2 days in a row of positives. I also saw my doc this morning and she said the gynae who did my ultrasound on CD 12 saw free floating fluid in there somewhere and so assumed I'd already ovulate. I'm so confused. Don't know what's going on.

familymatters
February 10th, 2016, 10:30 PM
If there is a chance you o'd on CD 10, then could you be pregnant? Have you done a hpt?

1moregirl
February 11th, 2016, 12:08 AM
If there is a chance you o'd on CD 10, then could you be pregnant? Have you done a hpt?

Yes Familymatters. I did a HPT this afternoon just to check and it was negative. :( I must admit that the excitement I felt at the prospect of a BFP really confirmed my desire to go through with the try (like, it eliminated any doubts or fears that I had). I REALLy want and need to experience pregnancy, childbirth and one more baby. I just am in the process of getting DH on board. We are good again and I'm doing my best to get house tidy and spotless, keep the kids polite, and spoiling DH like with extra cups of coffee and bikkies that he hadn't asked for. I totally understand where he is coming from in not wanting another child but I know it will all be OK and that he won't agree with a thing once it happens. :)

maidentomother
February 11th, 2016, 08:37 AM
A 3 dsy surge isn't that uncommon. Sometimes they happen when your body is having trouble getting the egg to pop. If it goes on much longer it can indicate you Oed later.

1moregirl
February 11th, 2016, 05:26 PM
Thanks everyone. It's been sooo strange because I haven't even had any EWCM the last few days either. Yet I must admit that I had had a rotten headache for about a week that seems to have lifted today. Yesterday I do recall at some point in the afternoon what felt like my period coming so maybe that was O. Who knows? I haven't been doing BBt either which also helps. I rang the gynae doc clinic who did my scan on CD 12 and told receptionist I was onto third day of pos OPK and she gave him the message and called me back and said he would like me to call back with when I get my period. I guess they are learning all the time too and like to know all this info. Strange that he noted free fluid in that region on CD 12 which he thought meant I'd already Oed and I did note a bit of wetness around that time yet now getting pos OPKs. I hope this all doesn't mean there is something wrong with my baby making organs. But I still have time. Either next cycle or the cycle after it IS going to happen and at least I will have been on the ubiquinol for longer. Plus I am back with the chronic diarrhoea again and have an antibiotic that I need to take to see if it gets rid of the blasto. I have been putting off taking this med (Bactrim) because I have a feeling I tried it for a day at some time ago and it made me feel awful. :( just my luck to go getting sick with some parasite infection that it is difficult to get rid of. I would love to have it eliminated before I conceive again. I have found and become a member of a private Facebook group for women in their 40s conceiving and it is soooo interesting and so far the ladies all seem very supportive and encouraging. Some are getting pregnant naturally and others are using egg donors. Anyway, sorry for rambling on, today I am officially writing up my 'proposal' for DH so he can read it and consider. Somehow I am always better at expressing myself on paper than I am with words, so let's pray that it works and convinces him to give it one last try.