PDA

View Full Version : BBT and Ovulation troubles

Rbaby
February 8th, 2016, 06:48 PM
Hi Everyone! I have been dreaming of a baby boy. Have been trying to catch my ovulation days since 3-4 months now. Missed it every time coz we wanted to BD as close to ovulation as possible. This time I feel positive although Im still not sure if I have ovulated or not. If I have, this should be 1 dpo.

purple
February 8th, 2016, 08:55 PM
Hi, if you are ttc a boy then you should make multiple attempts through ovulation. Trying to just make 1attempt close to ovulation is more likely to sway girl.

Try to BD everyday or every other day. I got my boys with every other day!

maidentomother
February 9th, 2016, 07:01 AM
Timing doesn't sway, number of attempts in your fertile period (BEFORE O) does though. Pleaee heed Purple!

atomic sagebrush
February 9th, 2016, 08:16 PM
HI and welcome! I answered this in your other post a little bit.

Timing does not sway. It doesn't work at all and when swaying blue it really reduces odds of conception by a lot. Trying to get your BD close to ovualtion is preventing you from getting pregnant at all, and one attempt has been STRONGLY pink for us so you may be harming your sway.

I suggest having 3 attempts instead. One, the night of positive OPK (day before O), again the next morning (O Day) and then again the following night (O Day). This still fits in SHettles' window but adds attempts for better chance of blue and of conception.

THe case against Shettles is here: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-general-discussion/7691-trouble-timing.html

If you end up not believing in Shettles any more, we have other things to do that may both increase odds of conception and boys, but I understand you may not be ready to do that just yet. Most of us have 2,3,4 or more Shettles opposites and we are kinda over it LOL, but it's your sway your way.