PDA

View Full Version : Can 3-4 days of pos OPK mean more than one egg is released?

1moregirl
February 11th, 2016, 05:52 PM
Anyone heard of this? I looked it up on Internet last night and some people were saying that they fell pregnant with twins from conceiving with more than 3 days of positive OPKs, so they were releasing more than one egg?

essnce629
February 11th, 2016, 08:57 PM
What tests are you using? When I was using Wondfo brand opks I was getting 5+ days of positives. I think they were just way too sensitive. The same thing happened with the CB digital opks. I ended up switching to the Babi brand and now I only get 2 days of positives and O on the 3rd day after my opk goes negative. So my advice would be to try another brand of test.

1moregirl
February 11th, 2016, 09:17 PM
What tests are you using? When I was using Wondfo brand opks I was getting 5+ days of positives. I think they were just way too sensitive. The same thing happened with the CB digital opks. I ended up switching to the Babi brand and now I only get 2 days of positives and O on the 3rd day after my opk goes negative. So my advice would be to try another brand of test.

Thanks Essence. I was using Ovuplan, which I usually always use and have just 2 days of pos OPKs. I think that is what has added to my confusion. Maybe the egg has had trouble getting released or something? Oh well...I will do another tomorrow and I'm sure it will prob be back to negative again. I suppose we couldn't try tonight anyway because it could be right on top of O would be more conducive to a boy baby I guess? What a pain....or a right Royal PITA, as Atomic
Calls it. Just when you think you have it all down pat, something crops up to make you question everything again. Since DH still allows us to BD without protection during AF, which usually ends on CD 7, I damn well wish there was something I could do to bring O closer (like O on CD 10) - nothing like wishful thinking....;)

purple
February 11th, 2016, 10:17 PM
Ovuplan are fairly sensitive too.

Having multiple opk+ doesn't mean you will release more eggs, it may jus mean your body is taking its time to ovulate or the hormones are hanging around longer this time. You should BD on the first opk+ and then 3 or 4 days later (4 days is more pink friendly and 3 is more conception friendly)

The other thing to consider is that stress can delay ovulation. I have had it happen that I had a couple of weeks of servere anxiety and as soon as it passed my body was able to ovulate.

Also I wouldn't even consider it that late... try ovulating day 30 or even day 47 like I did once last year :) even this pregnancy was conceived on cd29!

I really think looking into some relaxation techniques mught help as you seem a little stressed ( which is normal when ttc and swaying too).

atomic sagebrush
February 11th, 2016, 11:23 PM
it can but more likely just that your body is taking its own sweet time to pop that egg!!!

1moregirl
February 12th, 2016, 12:26 AM
Thanks ladies. My question now though is, should I just sit this cycle out now and do our attempt next cycle? If DH gave the go ahead to BD tonight would that be pink friendly or not? We BD yesterday morning but with a condom.

essnce629
February 12th, 2016, 02:01 AM
Yes, BD tonight if he is willing. It's better than nothing. Are you charting temp too? If you are and haven't gotten a temp rise yet then I'd for sure BD.

purple
February 12th, 2016, 02:56 AM
BD with condom = 0 attempts, don't even count it.

If you can make an actual attempt then do it. I wouldn't skip a month.

1moregirl
February 12th, 2016, 04:43 AM
Thanks ladies. Will see how we go. It's Friday night, it's been a long week and we are both pretty exhausted. I haven't been temping this time Essnce but I certainly will start for next cycle. If not this cycle, then def an attempt for next cycle.

1moregirl
February 12th, 2016, 04:53 AM
I hope, if the egg is having trouble being released, that that doesn't mean it's going to be a dodgy egg?

atomic sagebrush
February 12th, 2016, 12:03 PM
Thanks ladies. My question now though is, should I just sit this cycle out now and do our attempt next cycle? If DH gave the go ahead to BD tonight would that be pink friendly or not? We BD yesterday morning but with a condom.

DTD when ya can, if ya can

atomic sagebrush
February 12th, 2016, 12:03 PM
I hope, if the egg is having trouble being released, that that doesn't mean it's going to be a dodgy egg?

no

1moregirl
February 12th, 2016, 05:39 PM
Sorry Atomic. I feel like I am asking the same things in multiple threads. Oops! I promise I will stop that.

atomic sagebrush
February 12th, 2016, 08:15 PM
Thanks it really makes it easier, I try really hard to answer all the questions because I hate how on a certain site that will remain nameless LOL there are questions that are not answered (so you go to do a search and 400 q's come up and it was only answered in two threads :p) but it does make it easier when the q is just asked once. :)