PDA

View Full Version : 4th day of Pos OPK. WTH?

1moregirl
February 11th, 2016, 06:06 PM
This is the weirdest thing EVER. I have had lower back pain and thought I would've Oed by now. Just did an OPK with second morning urine and another strong positive. It comes up straight away too and test line is much darker than control line. I have never had this before. Always just 2 days at the most. I am freaking out now and worried something wrong with me. Or can it mean I have Oed 2 eggs? I would be pretty peeved if I've Oed two eggs and missed an opportunity for twins. :mad: I wish I knew what was going on with my body right now. Could this be a side effect from upping the folic acid? I don't know what to think. I don't want my body to be having trouble releasing eggs either. What if we had BDed the night of the first pos OPK? This could prevent pregnancy couldn't it if you Oed later than expected? I really don't need this. :(

atomic sagebrush
February 11th, 2016, 11:31 PM
Here is the thing though. It's out of our control, and also that it may sway pink or indicate a more pink-friendly "setting". So please, please don't "swaycess" about this too much.

Neither I nor anyone can tell you what's going on without ultrasounds/bloodwork.

1moregirl
February 12th, 2016, 12:23 AM
Could I BD tonight though if DH gave the go ahead Atomic? I undderstood that it doesn't matter whereabouts in your fertile window that you BD to sway pink as long as you just have the ONE go. Is that correct? Thanks.

atomic sagebrush
February 12th, 2016, 11:49 AM
I want you to BD WHENEVER DH is willing to. You are worrying about the ideal set of circumstances here when you are not in the ideal circumstance. You need to be in with attempt whenever you can manage it.

Timing doesn't sway, but number of attempts seems to. But you need to just roll with it whenever DH is obliging

1moregirl
February 12th, 2016, 05:35 PM
Thanks Atomic. I've totally got it now. We didn't manage an attempt last night as by the time I got to bed DH was already asleep. I have woken up today with lower back pain again and a bit heavy in my tummy. I am soooo hoping I just get a negative OPK test today. I read a bit online last night (something I prob shouldn't do) and saw some women who have gotten quite a few days in a row of positive OPKs had an ovarian cyst. Yet I doubt that could be the case otherwise that gynae who did my scan would've seen it. I've even done 2 diff brands of preg tests just to rule that out as well. I sooo hope this is just a one off. I seem to have had this pain in my lower back for a week now.

atomic sagebrush
February 12th, 2016, 08:16 PM
Yes my guess is just one of those things.

1moregirl
February 12th, 2016, 09:51 PM
Thanks Hun. All back to normal now. I took one OPK this afternoon and finally the second line is a tad fainter than the control line. Man...I was getting worried there for a while. Will be aiming for attempt next cycle for SURE now.