PDA

View Full Version : BFP. Thrilled, and extremely anxious

Pinkplz
February 15th, 2016, 01:23 AM
Well I wasn't expecting it, I took these tests every months for almost 1 year and this is the first BFP I got. I was thrilled but more anxious I guess. I'm just a little worried as I usually always jumped n dumped however this time I stayed laying down for about 15 minutes and when I went to the bathroom nothing came out.. When I wiped there wasn't much there either so I assumed the majority of it went up. Which is making me nervous. I have absolutely no symptons.. I have no particular cravings nor do I feel sick. I'm almost 5 weeks. Feeling exactly as I did with my first two boys.. I was hoping to feel different as maybe that would have given my some hope in pink but I don't know. Did any of you ladies who concieved girls after boys feeling differently with your girl??

Kmomofthree
February 15th, 2016, 01:33 AM
Congratulations!

I can't speak on girl symptoms because I am a boy mom. But I wanted to say try not to read too much into symptoms. My 3 boys pregnancies were all so different. One of them I was throwing up all day the first trimester, one of them I felt great... never felt even nauseous. And then the last I got a lot of nausea but never actually got sick. My sex drive was super high with my second. My skin was bad with my last. I think all pregnancies are different so don't feel discouraged based on symptoms.

Hope you get your pink bundle!

familymatters
February 15th, 2016, 03:27 AM
I felt exactly the same with all three of my pregnancies. Same sickness, same shaped belly, same everything. And I had a girl and two boys. When I conceived my DD I lay for 15-20mins and then jumped and dumped. So try not to stress about any of those details. Congrats on your BFP! Sending you lots of pink dust xx

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Pinkplz
February 15th, 2016, 05:59 AM
Thank you so much ladies. I appreciate your feedback more then you can imagine xoxo. I wish we had something that would detect the gender sooner. The wait to find out is going to drive my more insane then anything I'm the most impatient person ever.

mydaughter
February 15th, 2016, 06:05 AM
Wow, so excited for you!!! Congratulations! I only had two boy pregnancy's yet and they were completely different! And there are many girl moms around me, who had easy happy pregnancies without any special symptoms! Best of luck for you, I can soooo feel you!

True Blue
February 15th, 2016, 06:11 AM
Congratulations :) I lay as long as possible, often all night to morning after BD and got girl :) Good Luck :cheer:

maidentomother
February 15th, 2016, 07:14 PM
Congrats! All my pregnancies have been the same early on, I only know genders of the last one, B/G twins.

Pinkplz
February 16th, 2016, 09:21 PM
I just have the strongest gut feeling it's a boy, can't seem to shake it off even when I try. I had the exact same feeling with my first two. I don't mean to seem ungrateful. I know I'm extremely blessed and grateful to have fallen pregnant I jut have such a strong desire for a daughter it sometimes clouds my thoughts. I can't help it..honestly I wish I could just get over it but it's just such a strong urge/desire to one day give birth to a daughter and have a daughter I don't know what to make of it.

ksmom
February 16th, 2016, 11:09 PM
I don't have a daughter so I can't comment on boy vs girl pregnancies but with my boys, my pregnancies were completely the opposite including the way my belly looked. Symptoms early on mean nothing in regards to gender. Even gut instincts with gender can be wrong. I was certain that DS2 was girl, as in it was impossible for him to be a boy because my feeling was that strong I was having a girl. I understand that strong desire though, it's tough and can really mess with your head.

familymatters
February 17th, 2016, 01:55 AM
Same, I was soooo sure DS2 was a girl. So very sure...lol!

Honeybug
February 17th, 2016, 02:52 PM
Congratulations on your bfp! I know it's hard not to try to read into symptoms being girl/boy but I truly think the pp's are right, in that every pregnancy is different :) I hope you have a very healthy and happy 9 months!

atomic sagebrush
February 17th, 2016, 07:44 PM
Well, I guess that's why you got BFP this month!!

NO, it didn't "go up" there probably just wasn't that much stuff. That is NOT how it works. NONE of it "goes up." All of it "stays in" for a little while, the sperm (which are only this teeny amount of the stuff) wiggles its way out and goes into your EWCM, then the semen liquefies and comes back out again taking with it dead and dying sperm (the bad ones)

There is NO DIFFERENCE between boy and girl pregnancies at this point. The Y chromosome is dormant and not making testosterone. It is IMPOSSIBLE to have any different symptoms at this point of pregnancy.

My daughter and my second son were the most similar of my pregnancies. My other three boys were all as different as night, day, and a mango.

Pinkplz
March 3rd, 2016, 06:49 PM
Thank u all so much for your responses. I love reading feedback. My dr told me that there is a test that's new in Australia that can be taken on after your 11 weeks pregnant. I think it was called DNA test where the do a blood test to check for any abnormalities such as Down syndrome etc. I remember getting that test done during my second pregnancy during my thirty something week as they thought there could have been a sign of Down syndrome .. I was offered a blood test which they said I didn't have to take as it would cost me 1000$ and the test would be sent to America as we didn't have it here at the time. Blood test came all clear thank God. Anyways my dr told me that test is available in Australia now and I asked if it could pick up the gender of the baby aswell n he said yes. As I'm one of the most impatient person ever I thought I will take it as it will put an ease to my mind that the baby is healthy and I can finally get to know the gender.. So I'm looking forward to this blood test and now it's only 500$ which isn't so bad as 1000$.

familymatters
March 3rd, 2016, 08:06 PM
Ask your GP for this test hun Error Page (http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/northern-beaches/revolutionary-prenatal-screening-check-means-parentstobe-can-find-out-sex-of-baby-at-10-weeks/news-story/63ef07fdf7a128cbe2179dfaa262dd00)

purple
March 3rd, 2016, 09:51 PM
Some places also offer the test for about $430. They go by a few names like Harmony but they are know as nipt (non invasive prenatal testing).

They can also be done from 10 weeks but maybe your dr prefers to wait until 11.

BunnyGirl19
March 3rd, 2016, 10:23 PM
I paid $75 for my NIPT after insurance picked up the rest. I don't recall which brand name it was. It's whatever the one is that says they are the only one that will test if there are twins. They drew it at 10w6d. I was given a 95% accuracy rate instead of 99%+ as I had a vanishing triplet and they won't test for greater than twin pregnancies.

purple
March 4th, 2016, 06:48 PM
It's not covered by anything here in Australia so we have to pay the full cost.

I guess we can't complain as we can get free maternity care using public hospitals :)

Pinkplz
March 7th, 2016, 05:48 AM
Will be 8 weeks on Tuesday so I'm counting down the weeks until I finally am able to get the blood test. I went to the shops today and saw the cutest little baby girl clothes, came home and burst into tears at the thought that I might never get the chance to mother a daughter, cried myself to sleep. Must be the hormones or least that's what I'm telling my husband everytime he catches me crying about the subject. I know it's not the end of the world and I would love my third regardless of the gender but that desire for a daughter is only getting stronger each day. I had a good feeling about husband abstaining but then I convinced myself what if he's only saying he abstained to keep my happy.. Maybe he didn't abstain. I don't know.. Dh is the type that can't go for more then two days without some sort of release so I'm thinking he might have just said he abstained to keep me from blaming him if I didn't get my girl. Also another thing that's been eating me up is whyyy of Whyy did we continue to dtd after for a couple days. Even though he only finished inside once I have a feeling dtd for a couple of days right after one another must have really screwed up with my ph level. That's where I really start to panic. Ahh just having a bad night .. Minds racing and I wish I didn't see those adorable baby girl clothes :(

atomic sagebrush
March 8th, 2016, 11:33 PM
DTD after ovulation cannot hurt anything. If egg is fertilized nothing can alter gender at that point.

you want "nip-t or nifty" tests. You can have them already.

Pinkplz
March 9th, 2016, 04:04 PM
This is what's making more so anxious, it was actually 3 days before O as we thought dh would be returning to work the next day but he got a call from work saying they didn't need him back for another 4 days. So.. Since dh was home and we hadn't seen eachother for a while I felt guilty turning him down. So that's when we continued to dtd for the next for days however I told him not to finish inside..sorry for the tmi. I wanted to look back on this sway with confidence thinking I gave it my all but looking back there were sooo many things I could've and should've done differently that I don't know how I missed them at the time. I know in the end it's in Gods hands and I could have done the perfect sway but still ended up with a blue but just that feeling if I could have changed this and that is really getting to me. I called to make an appt for the nipt rest few days ago but the lady refused to book me as she said I would have to be at least 10 weeks into the pregnancy. So now I have an extremely anxious wait ahead... Even though to be honest deep down there's a strong gut feeling saying it's blue.

atomic sagebrush
March 9th, 2016, 04:22 PM
But that is how it is for all of us - there are always a kajillion things that didn't quite fall into place.

If he didn't finish inside then they didn't count. One attempt only means one attempt to completion. YOu are overthinking it! Good luck!

Pinkplz
March 9th, 2016, 08:10 PM
Thank u so much atomic. You've been extremely helpful throughout this entire journey for me and so many others. Greatly appreciated :) I do need to stop over thinking and just let it be.. Sometimes for me it's easier said then done. Gonna keep praying and try and avoid looking at tiny pink clothes in the mean time as it tends to send me to tears haha I'm crazy I'm sorry I know.

Traci25
March 14th, 2016, 10:51 PM
I am exactly where you are. I'm 5 weeks and praying for healthy girl. But I feel another boy as well. I feel such anxiety. I can't sleep, I'm so nervous. My dd and ds's were same at the begining morning sickness w 1 ds and dd. I'm so scares I'm gonna have gender disappointment and that make me get more anxiety bc I feel soo guilty. I've never had this bf!! I'm a wreck! I had 1 attempt at +opk, excercised, skipped breakfast, LE diet, but could have done better. 99% vegan for 6 weeks hopefully that all was enough. Im praying but dh has been right everytime and he says boy. Nothing we can so now! I'm praying pink dust for you!

Pinkplz
March 26th, 2016, 03:35 AM
Hope you get your girl Traci. From the sound of it seems like you had a great sway so fingers crossed for you! I had a bad scare earlier this week, I was bleeding and was petrified. I went to the hospital but it was late at night and they couldn't do a scan to see if the baby's heart was there or if the baby was still in there. I cried like crazy because i never had this with my other two pregnancies and I felt like maybe all my worrying and stressing over gender caused it but I had a scan done by my dr the next day and baby was there and heart beating. I prayed so hard that night that as badly as I want a girl I would rather a healthy baby even if it was a boy. I think that scared the day lights out of me and made me rethink my thinking. I still have a strong desire for a girl but even if this baby turns out to be blue I don't think I will be as disappointed as I would have been say two weeks ago only cos I felt like I was losing the baby and it terrified me. I can't imagine my life without my two sons and so if this one turns out to be boy I will definatly feel the same way about him. :)

honeybee37
March 26th, 2016, 03:51 AM
Glad you're ok pinkplz. What a scare!

atomic sagebrush
March 26th, 2016, 05:12 PM
Oh how scary! Many of us had bleeding in pregnancy and it turned out ok. Keep us posted.

Pinkplz
March 28th, 2016, 05:49 AM
Thank you ladies. Our public hospital system here in Australia is a nightmare.. If they only did the scan so I could hear the heart and see the baby then I wouldn't have spent an entire night awake thinking the absolute worest. I thank God everything seems to be ok, just needing to get some blood work done sometime this week, hopefully all turns out well. I pray for a healthy pregnancy for each and every expecting mum out their.

Pinkplz
April 7th, 2016, 05:55 AM
I got my blood results back. Dr called and results are all good. Three words I've been dying to say ITS A GIRRRRRRLL!!!! I prayed and I've cried and I know God answered my prayers!! Thanks to all the lovely ladies who helped me on this website!! I'm so happy I can finally look at baby girl clothes without tearing up. I was honestly expecting a boy so when the dr said female I screamed and cried! Thank you Jesus and our Lady!! Thank you ladies and a special thank you to you Atomic for always responding to my questions and putting my mind at ease! I will be filling out my pregnancy info as soon as I get my laptop back. Pink dust to all who are wanting pink!!

familymatters
April 7th, 2016, 06:28 AM
Oh that's the best news Pinkplz!!!!! Big congrats, that's so wonderful :)

Beautifulrainbow
April 7th, 2016, 06:59 AM
Congratulations, wonderful news! I just read this thread from the start and I was getting pink vibes then you just confirmed it on the last page!
any spare pink dust send it my way ha ha

XXforhubby
April 7th, 2016, 08:36 AM
I'm so incredibly happy for you Pinkplz! This just makes my day! Enjoy [emoji175]!

[emoji170]DS1[emoji1379], DS2[emoji577], & DS3[emoji602][emoji170][emoji166]One last pink sway 2016[emoji166]

Mulberry Smurf
April 7th, 2016, 09:56 AM
Whoop well done enjoy buying pink :) xx

atomic sagebrush
April 7th, 2016, 06:48 PM
huge congrats!!

Princess Mom
April 22nd, 2016, 04:13 PM
Congrats! I was reading your thread and then seen you are having a girl! I hope I hear the same words it's a girl soon! I am only 6 weeks so by July I pray I hear those words

ksmom
April 22nd, 2016, 04:20 PM
Congratulations!!!!

foxymrsg
April 22nd, 2016, 04:43 PM
Congratulations!!

essnce629
April 23rd, 2016, 05:24 AM
Wonderful news! Congrats on your girl!!!