PDA

View Full Version : Question for Atomic

Aus
February 16th, 2016, 07:07 AM
Hi Atomic,
I have been following your forum and have learnt a lot for my upcoming boy sway this month. I just have a Question that I need explained. You say to bd every 2-4 days from end of AF and then 3 attempts when +opk and that unprotected is also good to do. I have decided to do all this. What I want clarified is wont the early unprotected attempts after AF sway girl if girl sperm lasts longer than boy sperm? Wont the girl sperm survive and be waiting for the egg?
Hope my question makes sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maidentomother
February 17th, 2016, 07:23 AM
There is NO difference in longevity between X and Y sperm (this myth was never supported by evidence and has LONG been disproven), which is why timing DOESN'T sway at all. So no, you don't need yo worry about that. The more you BD (provided not more than every other day), the higher your chances of blue. Partly bc higher sperm count sways, partly bc just more BDing (unptotected) sways, possibly just due to chemicals in semen which affect you. Also, regular release is optimal for both sperm count and health. Regular BD all cycle thus sways blue in at least 4 ways, to the best of our knowledge.

Aus
February 17th, 2016, 07:29 AM
Hi Maidentomother, thank you for your reply, really appreciate it.

Couple of other questions. If bding every 2nd day and last attempt falls day before +opk does it matter if you have your three attempts one day after bding? Example bd cd13 and +opk cd14 followed by 3 attempts?
Does 4 times in a row classify as frequent release?

And lastly do you need to raise hips after bding for boy sway either by having legs up or putting pillow under hips?

Thanks in advance.

maidentomother
February 17th, 2016, 08:16 AM
It's fine to BD 4 times in close succession like that. Provided you were regularly releasing/no more than every 2 days before getting your positive OPK, DH should have plenty of sperm left for a quick, intense bout.

FR for pink means every single day for a week or more. Not the same at all, and honestly, not a very pink friendly option, which is why we no longer recommend it.

It can't hurt to keep your hips up/bum raised for a while after BD. If you need to do things after 5 min that's fine, it won't ruin your sway to get up, but if you're in no rush a longer wait may help. I don't think it makes a big difference but the extended exposure to semen may help for reasons we don't understand, and waiting longer may keep your pH higher at least temporarily.

atomic sagebrush
February 17th, 2016, 06:41 PM
Hi and welcome Aus!

I am in a teensy hurry today, I usually hate to post links and run so PLEASE please hit me with any follow up q's in the thread below.

Your q's are answered in the following threads.

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-general-discussion/7691-trouble-timing.html
http://genderdreaming.com/forum/swaying-studies-and-scientific-research/1562-what-real-differences-between-x-sperm-y-sperm.html

atomic sagebrush
February 17th, 2016, 06:44 PM
NO, frequent release is 7-10 attempts for 7-10 days, BEFORE the very first attempt that could possibly get you pregnant. A man would already have ejac'd 7-10 times before your fertile window even opens.

The way we have you BD for a boy MAKES BOYS. It is nothing like what we do for pink.

You can fudge it if your 2-4 days falls on pos OPK and just use that one BD for that day. DTD the night of pos, again the next morning, and then the following niight. :agree:

atomic sagebrush
February 17th, 2016, 06:44 PM
I never raised my hips in my life for any of my boys. Just stay laying down for 15-30 min. or if you have to get up a littel sooner, that's ok too.

Aus
February 17th, 2016, 06:51 PM
You can fudge it if your 2-4 days falls on pos OPK and just use that one BD for that day. DTD the night of pos, again the next morning, and then the following niight. :agree:[/QUOTE]

Hi Atomic,
Thanks so much for the replies. Have really been enjoying gender dreaming.

Sorry I didn't quite understand what you mean by above. Can you please maybe explain with example?

Thanks

atomic sagebrush
February 17th, 2016, 08:17 PM
If you were DTD every 2-4 days and your attempt falls on the day you have gotten positive OPK, you do not need another attempt that day. Just one is fine

Aus
February 17th, 2016, 08:19 PM
Ok thanks!

Should I be testing opk twice a day or is just morning fine?

atomic sagebrush
February 17th, 2016, 08:22 PM
what do directions on your box say??

Most brands opk are done after lunch, only a couple are calibrated for morning use. YOu have to be sure you are testing at the right time of day.

Aus
February 17th, 2016, 08:23 PM
I have the wondfo and clear blue digital.

maidentomother
February 18th, 2016, 11:29 AM
I would test once around 3pm with Wondfos until the line is getting close to positive. Then test in the am and at night as well with Wondfos, backing up any apparent positives with the CB digi.

Aus
February 18th, 2016, 10:12 PM
Thanks Maiden!

atomic sagebrush
February 19th, 2016, 04:41 PM
Agree thank you maiden!

Aus
February 23rd, 2016, 02:03 AM
Hi Atomic, I got my smiley face last night and we bd'd. Then we did again this morning and we are planning to do it again tonight. I have a lot of EWCM today. Should I also be dtd tomorrow as well? Or is 4 times in 3 days too much for ttc a boy?

atomic sagebrush
February 23rd, 2016, 03:02 PM
When you're in the fertile window (which you are) there IS no such thing as too much for a boy. All those sperm will have a chance at the egg, even though he is making fewer sperm per batch, because more survive you are just adding more and more sperm to the equation.

The only time when TTC that too much DTD is bad for a boy is when you're not fertile yet (so like you're starting at AF and DTD every day thru O). Then all those sperm are kind of "wasted" because most of them are when you aren't fertile and they can't survive, and then by the time the fertile window opens he's making small batches.

Example (just using numbers to illustrate):

Fertile window opens, hubby makes 200 million sperm, then 100 million, then 50, then 25 in four attempts this equals 375 million

In a man having DTD daily the fertile window opens and he makes 25, 25, 25, 25 four times because he's depleted, only 100 million sperm.

Aus
February 23rd, 2016, 09:09 PM
Hi atomic, thank you so much for explaining that.
So o+12 doesn't matter if I was to do another attempt today?

Just don't know if it is pointless as not sure if I have ovulated yet as I don't know how long after ovulation pain (yesterday) I actually ovulate.

atomic sagebrush
February 24th, 2016, 08:18 PM
no, O +12 I believe to be one of the biggest scam ideas ever pulled in swaying. The whole thing is based on a study involving TWO people who conceived on O+12. It's RIDICULOUS. Just keep going as I and many others got boy after boy after boy DTD a LOT in the fertile window.

Aus
February 25th, 2016, 07:26 AM
Thanks Atomic. I have learnt so much from this site and really appreciate the replies as I know how many ppl write to you.

We didn't end up dtd again for a 4th time. The hubby was really over so many attempts in such a short amount of time. So we had 3 attempts after +opk. I am having a little anxiety though. I really want to give my daughter a brother but am worrying that we may have gone too early. I know that timing doesn't sway but I caught LH surge early I think as I tested twice that day, we dtd that night (cd16)then next morning (cd17)then that night (cd17). I am worried that I ovulated late though as I still had cm yesterday (cd18)and today (cd19). I got +opk cd16. I feel like I may have ovulated cd18 or 19 as I had ovulation pain on cd17. What do you think?

Throwaway_panther
February 25th, 2016, 10:29 AM
no, O +12 I believe to be one of the biggest scam ideas ever pulled in swaying. The whole thing is based on a study involving TWO people who conceived on O+12. It's RIDICULOUS. Just keep going as I and many others got boy after boy after boy DTD a LOT in the fertile window.

Hear, hear! O+12 operates under the assumption that all or most women have a 28 day cycle with consistent ovulation... which as many women know, is RARELY the case.

I have a lot of issues with this generalized rule, particularly when it affects so many women during pregnancy. Many unnecessary inductions are happening to women because if they don't do an early dating ultrasound (which as many of us know, is not always an option depending on insurance and/or doctor), the date of pregnancy still operates based on date of LMP... which specifically operates under the "28 day cycle, ovulating on Day 14" cycle. Which is hardly even an average!

Haha, sorry for the rant -- just pretty much also echoing, "Don't follow the numbers game unless you've tracked your own numbers!"

atomic sagebrush
February 26th, 2016, 10:12 PM
:agree: and also that the way you can tell this is that every woman on the planet will have their cervix change texture and their EWCM dry up precisely 12 hours after ovulation. IT DOESN'T WORK and I had EWCM for 2 days after I ovulated when I got my daughter. If I had tried O+12 based on the directions about CM consistency I wouldn't have a daughter today (seriously, I wouldn't, that was the last month I was going to try.)

atomic sagebrush
February 26th, 2016, 10:22 PM
Timing doesn't sway and I have 3 of 4 boys conceived with 2-3 day cutoffs. (the other was a sneak attack) Ya done good.

atomic sagebrush
February 26th, 2016, 10:23 PM
Thanks Atomic. I have learnt so much from this site and really appreciate the replies as I know how many ppl write to you.

We didn't end up dtd again for a 4th time. The hubby was really over so many attempts in such a short amount of time. So we had 3 attempts after +opk. I am having a little anxiety though. I really want to give my daughter a brother but am worrying that we may have gone too early. I know that timing doesn't sway but I caught LH surge early I think as I tested twice that day, we dtd that night (cd16)then next morning (cd17)then that night (cd17). I am worried that I ovulated late though as I still had cm yesterday (cd18)and today (cd19). I got +opk cd16. I feel like I may have ovulated cd18 or 19 as I had ovulation pain on cd17. What do you think?

answer above, forgot to quote

Aus
February 28th, 2016, 02:12 AM
Thanks Atomic.
I tried my best.
We did it unprotected every second day from AF plus the hubby released every 2-3 days while on AF.
Also I have been doing HE diet. Made sure to include eggs, peanut butter and green tea and lemon water, full fat dairy and V8 juice in each day.
Also have been doing squats everyday.
And used preseed.
DH has been wearing boxers for the last 3 months too.

Now we wait and see. If we get a second shot at it I think the only thing I would change is to do more attempts after +OPK in case of late ovulation.

atomic sagebrush
February 28th, 2016, 01:11 PM
Good luck and blue dust, Aus!

Aus
March 1st, 2016, 10:31 PM
Hi Atomic,
Is it important when swaying for a boy to keep up the every 2-4 days while in the 2WW?

atomic sagebrush
March 2nd, 2016, 09:43 PM
Some data indicates that regular exposure to hormones in semen may make you more blue friendly in the future cycles (which of course we hope not to need!!) and also it can be good for him to keep "cleaning the pipes" that often. It's not a dealbreaker but I would NOT let him go 14 days with no release!!!

Aus
March 4th, 2016, 07:55 PM
I got my BFP at 11dpo!!! Now we wait and see...

Throwaway_panther
March 6th, 2016, 04:48 AM
Some data indicates that regular exposure to hormones in semen may make you more blue friendly in the future cycles (which of course we hope not to need!!) and also it can be good for him to keep "cleaning the pipes" that often. It's not a dealbreaker but I would NOT let him go 14 days with no release!!!
I don't think my DH could ever go 14 days anyway ;)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

atomic sagebrush
March 8th, 2016, 11:06 PM
Mine either! :)

atomic sagebrush
March 8th, 2016, 11:07 PM
I got my BFP at 11dpo!!! Now we wait and see...

Huge congrats and blue dust!