PDA

View Full Version : Planning a pink sway - summer 2016!

Pretty
February 18th, 2016, 07:00 PM
I am a newbie and feeling completely overwhelmed! Anyone else planning a pink sway this summer?

Beau82
February 18th, 2016, 09:56 PM
Hi there and welcome! It's a lot of info for sure, just ask questions when you're unsure on something, everyone is super helpful. It seems that the best practices are LE diet for 12 weeks or more, 6-7 days of 60 minute cardio, 1 attempt in the fertile period and alcohol and coffee/caffeine if you can.

I'm hoping for an attempt in June or July although my hubby doesn't know that yet, lol. He's kinda, sorta on board but hasn't given me the go ahead. He does know that I've started a "girl diet".

afrevert23
February 18th, 2016, 10:24 PM
ME! I plan on trying late July/early August! Everything is very overwhelming. I ended up buying a personalized plan last week. I feel this will make things clear. I definitely think the LE diet will be easier to follow than the IG diet.

Beau82
February 19th, 2016, 10:20 AM
^^Ditto^^!
I think what to do varies so much that it's good to have a clear guide of what YOU should do. I purchased a plan too so I can see what Atomic recommends for me personally. It might be different from what she'd recommend for you.

afrevert23
February 19th, 2016, 10:48 AM
It will fun going on this journey with other ladies! Prayers and fingers crossed that we all get healthy, sweet little girls!

Wantanother2017
February 19th, 2016, 01:21 PM
I am! Trying to use these few months we've got before then to get my plan figured out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

atomic sagebrush
February 19th, 2016, 05:15 PM
Hi and welcome! Don't be overwhelmed, just let me know how I can help!

Pretty
February 19th, 2016, 07:33 PM
Thanks ladies! I honestly feel better already!

DH doesn't have a gender preference, but he knows how much I long for a DD so he's agreed to do whatever I tell him (sheesh, I wish HE was the one that needed to diet/exercise/etc!) He has a doctors appointment coming up, once we're given the "green light" to start TTC I think I will purchase a plan as well, although I am not certain which one yet...

I am not too worried about the diet itself, but I am worried that it's going to be difficult to make 2 dinners each night (DS is 11). OK, I am sllllllightly worried about my chocolate/ice cream/cookie addiction...:tissue:

What I am dreading is the exercise... I am sedentary. Period. LOL. somewhere in the depths of the garage is an elliptical that I will have to send DH to recover this weekend. I REALLY don't want to exercise, but I feel like if I don't do everything possible (especially since I am only going to try over the summer) I will end up feeling guilty and full of regret. If it doesn't happen the "good ol' fashion sway way" we will go HT, adopt, or focus on enjoying a youthful "empty nest" lol (I will be 36, DH will be 37 when DS goes to college).

Speaking of... How much alcohol is suggested?

Beau82
February 19th, 2016, 09:20 PM
That's great that DH is on board! I don't think you'd need to necessarily make two dinners each night. Just have your meal without meat or add in an iceberg lettuce salad for yourself or have a smaller portion. It might take some more meal planning but it can be done. I usually eat what everyone else is having except for the odd time. It's going well so far except for when we do take-out pizza night. HUGE calories.

Will it help to watch a couple of TV shows while you exercise? I'm not exercising now (hoping to fit it in some way, somehow) but when I used to be a hardcore gym addict, I would usually watch TV with my headphones in and 60 minutes would fly by while I watched a morning talk show or a couple of 30 minute sitcoms.

I still have my cookies and ice cream! I just make sure I keep my cals low during the day and the ice cream fits in nicely in the evening as a third "meal".

I think I read that 1-3 drinks per night is good but not necessarily every single night. I haven't paid much attention to that to be honest as I generally have a glass of wine every night anyway, lol.

Pretty
February 19th, 2016, 09:44 PM
Beau, how long have you been dieting?

Oh good thinking! We have lots of pasta dishes so I think forgoing the meat will work :) We actually had pizza tonight, definitely haven't started the diet yet LOL

Yes! I will absolutely be watching tv while I exercise. DH and I usually watch a couple of shows after DS goes to bed, so I am going to put the elliptical in the living room [eyesore]...

So relieved I can drink wine! Do the calories count? (LOL since its supposed to "help" my sway does it count "against" my diet?)

Has anyone started or plan to use supplements?

Beau82
February 19th, 2016, 09:56 PM
I've been dieting for about a month now. Not strictly as that's not my style at all but also b/c I'm trying to ease into it since it's totally opposite from the way I used to eat (typical boy mom diet!). I haven't gone fully vegetarian and I'm not sure I will. I am trying to cut back on red meat though. I didn't think I ate a lot of it but I kind of do. Last night we had slowcooker roast beef (so so good!) and I just tried to have a smaller portion of meat but I didn't weigh it or anything. Low carb veggies don't have to be counted though so I had a pile of roasted asparagus :)

Alcohol does have to be counted unfortunately, haha. But, again, I kind of use it as a third meal in the evening. I really don't enjoy having it with dinner.

I haven't started any supplements yet although I do plan on picking up some folic acid. I was thinking about fiber supps but I'm waiting to see what Atomic says in my personalized plan.

Pretty
February 19th, 2016, 10:18 PM
Oh gosh, a month!? My goal has been to ease into it too, but thus far that has just been skipping breakfast (which isn't unusual for me, but it makes me feel like I'm getting the ball rolling hehehe).

I started the folic acid but haven't started the fiber yet... I think after DH's dr appointment I will get the feeling of "sh** just got real" and have to buckle down. I got nervous when we first decided to sway and bought cranberry, saw palmetto, rePhresh (x2), spearmint leaf caps, a bbt thermometer and about 200 ovulation strips... ANYTHING besides starting to exercise! I do plan to use some sort of antihistamine bc I worry about cm...

Beau82
February 19th, 2016, 10:36 PM
Well the big things for me were skipping breakfast and the no snacking thing. So I've cut out breakfast (except for a coffee with a little creamer) and no snacking. I haven't really been strict on limits yet but I've tracked a few days so I know I'm pretty consistently at or around 1500 calories per day. I'm struggling a little with the fat limits which surprised me.

Ya know, I was really worried about CM at the beginning too b/c I always have a LOT around ovulation but after just a month of loosely followed diet, I've noticed a HUGE change in my CM this month. This is my normal ovulation day and I've been quite dry when I'm typically seeing lots of EQCM. Antihistamines haven't been getting good results and are generally the first thing people drop it seems. I planned on using them too but seeing my CM (or lack thereof) this week has changed my mind on that.

Are you drinking coffee? I added in 2 large cups per day. I didn't drink it at all when I conceived my boys so I feel like it's good to add for me.

Pretty
February 19th, 2016, 10:58 PM
I downloaded the myfitnesspal app, aaaaaand that's as far as I've gotten LOL, haven't even OPENED the app yet! Im really impressed that the diet has helped cm, I usually have a lot too.

I haven't started the coffee yet, I drink a TON of Diet Dr. Pepper but I plan to start coffee soon - which will suck during the summer, so iced coffee :)

Honestly, it's been so long since I was pregnant I really don't remember what I was eating/drinking/doing back then! I've really been trying so I could do the opposite, but I can hardly remember what I did last week let alone a dozen years ago :think:

afrevert23
February 20th, 2016, 08:28 AM
I downloaded the myfitnesspal app earlier this week; it has been eye opening to see how many calories I actually consume on a day to day bases. :tissue:

maidentomother
February 20th, 2016, 09:30 AM
Beau, I struggled majorly with keeping fat low. It is by far the hardest part of the LE for me. I used to eat SO much fat. For me it helped to know that keeping fat, especially saturated fat, low is the single most important dietary factor other than maybe overall low cals. I buckled down and once I got into the habit of eating differently I found it manageable.

I will probably still be swaying up until July. I've been taking sway & TTC breaks the past 2 years but I'll be 35 next month so no more of that.

Beau82
February 20th, 2016, 12:57 PM
Oh I didn't know that Maiden! I will definitely keep a closer eye on fat then. I didn't realize I ate so much fat either. My cals have been low enough but I think I'm pretty consistently over on fat. Blergh.

atomic sagebrush
February 20th, 2016, 05:58 PM
Oh I didn't know that Maiden! I will definitely keep a closer eye on fat then. I didn't realize I ate so much fat either. My cals have been low enough but I think I'm pretty consistently over on fat. Blergh.

You realize you have up to 60 g fat and still in LE Diet range though, right?

A lot of people say that and then I hear they were worried because they ate more than 10 g fat. NOT ENOUGH

30 g fat is minimum. I used to say 25 but that did not seem to be enough. People stop ovulating on anything below 30, it seems, even when getting enough pro and cals

atomic sagebrush
February 20th, 2016, 06:03 PM
You don't have to exercise if you don't want to. I didn't (couldn't, didn't have time) and still got DD.

NO need to make two dinners, the LE Diet when done properly involves lots of real food and not rice cakes and cranberries. I just made a normal dinner for everyone, and then I'd have everything but meat. Worked very well and no one ever even noticed anything any different.

You can have chocolate, cookies, icecream as a part of overall diet limits. The reason why this diet works for people (even just for weight loss, as many of us have used it for that even when not swaying) is that you keep eating things you like for the most part and so you don't feel as deprived.

Beau82
February 21st, 2016, 09:23 AM
I really need to be more consistent with tracking on MFP. I did a couple of days here and there and went over. Mind you, that was around Valentine's Day when I had a lot of homemade (loads of butter) cookies and chocolate around. Maybe it was just those days that I went over. I'm going to say this here b/c I think it may help:

I WILL track every day this week so I can see what an average, full week looks like for me. I have a kitchen scale so I should use that more to see exactly how much I'm eating instead of just guesstimating.

afrevert23 - I was shocked too when I realized how many calories I was consuming with all of my snacking. The handful of peanuts I would have a few times per day was 330 cals EACH TIME! I was easily eating 1000 calories per day in peanuts alone.

maidentomother
February 21st, 2016, 03:35 PM
I used to eat 1/2 - 1 lb of butter each week, and at least 100g fat daily. Swaying is the only time I've ever reduced fat in my life. It is a really huge change for me.

Pretty
February 21st, 2016, 09:25 PM
The elliptical is in the house!!! LOL, and for today, that will count as exercise :)

Is anyone using a fitbit or jawbone to track nutrition and workouts?

Beau82
February 21st, 2016, 10:22 PM
Ugh, over fat by 11g and forgot to include the chocolate chip cookie I had. Still have some work ahead of me!
Pretty- I just use My Fitness Pal to track exercise.

atomic sagebrush
February 21st, 2016, 11:34 PM
Ugh, over fat by 11g and forgot to include the chocolate chip cookie I had. Still have some work ahead of me!
Pretty- I just use My Fitness Pal to track exercise.

You know not to count fat in fruit and vegetables, right?? (including potatoes)

As long as you're eating less fat than you WERE, it's all good and try not to beat yourself up. It's a process that takes a couple weeks to settle into before you really get the swing of it and that is ok to have a bad day now and then. :)

atomic sagebrush
February 21st, 2016, 11:44 PM
I really need to be more consistent with tracking on MFP. I did a couple of days here and there and went over. Mind you, that was around Valentine's Day when I had a lot of homemade (loads of butter) cookies and chocolate around. Maybe it was just those days that I went over. I'm going to say this here b/c I think it may help:

I WILL track every day this week so I can see what an average, full week looks like for me. I have a kitchen scale so I should use that more to see exactly how much I'm eating instead of just guesstimating.

afrevert23 - I was shocked too when I realized how many calories I was consuming with all of my snacking. The handful of peanuts I would have a few times per day was 330 cals EACH TIME! I was easily eating 1000 calories per day in peanuts alone.

:agree: and someone was just asking me "why can't I just eat less"?? The LE Diet CANNOT be people just "eating less" because many of us boy moms are snackers who probably eat 3000 cals a day or more (I do and I'm on the smaller side) So we try to "eat less" without realizing that yeah maybe we cut 200 cals but are still way outside of LE Diet range. Just track for a couple weeks and then you'll have a much better feel for it and can let the tracking aspect fall by the wayside at that point.

Beau82
February 22nd, 2016, 08:07 AM
You know not to count fat in fruit and vegetables, right?? (including potatoes)

I didn't know that actually. That's good to know, I love potatoes and sweet potatoes. Unfortunately, yesterday was just bad and the only fruit I had was a banana, no veggies at all. The croissant with 14g of fat did not help. I also had a little too much cheese which accounted for 20g of fat :omg: So cutting those two things out alone would have put me well under my limit. I knew the cheese was too much, I just got carried away as it was late in the day and I was really hungry.
I do think I've generally lowered my fat intake since last year though. Snacking on almonds and peanuts really made that high.

maidentomother
February 22nd, 2016, 03:11 PM
Keep in mind that the type of fats really matter too. The fats from almonds & peanuts are significantly more pink friendly than from dairy, so you may want to eat more of those and less croissant/cheese.

Chrisje
February 22nd, 2016, 03:30 PM
Me! DH just got a vaso vasectomy last wednesday. He has 3 sons from previous marriage I have zero.
He knows about swaying not that I kinda started already and waiting for my personal plan.
Would like to try and get pregnant asap. Not sure if the end of April would be good at 9 weeks diet or rather wait for May or june.... 18 May het will have his frist sperm count. ....
TTC a girl.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk

Beau82
February 22nd, 2016, 03:57 PM
Keep in mind that the type of fats really matter too. The fats from almonds & peanuts are significantly more pink friendly than from dairy, so you may want to eat more of those and less croissant/cheese.

Really? I thought nuts should be avoided. Atomic recommended the PCOS diet for me and I'm supposed to have full-fat dairy occasionally. Are nuts still ok now and then? I do miss them! I'm struggling a bit with all the ins and outs and differences between LE and PCOS.

maidentomother
February 22nd, 2016, 04:15 PM
My comment applies more to standard LE, as PCOS version has both more fat and more fat from animal sources. I do think it's still good to increase pink friendly fats & decrease blue friendly ones, but perhaps not to the same extent? I've read conflicting recommendations on what's best for PCOS ladies dietwise (in general, not on this site), so maybe atomic can weigh in?

I didn't realise you were doing the PCOS version, lucky you! I'd love to have the extra fat, more chicken etc. But I am the opposite of PCOS, basically. Except I still O late and have a short LP. :(

Beau82
February 22nd, 2016, 08:06 PM
Yes, I'm very confused with the PCOS diet. I feel like I just got the LE diet figured out so I just have to sit down and sift through this one. I know I have to have whole grains (and I just filled my freezer with white bagels, lol) and the slightly higher fat will be good. But I don't understand how higher fat will help me lose weight quicker. I'm happy though! I was really bummed at the thought of only drinking skim milk, I do love full-fat milk, haha.
I don't have PCOS (that I know of anyway) but I think she feels it would be a better way to go since I have a lot of weight to lose (30lbs, so daunting!).

atomic sagebrush
February 23rd, 2016, 02:37 PM
It's not confusing, it's only because I have to answer so many questions preemptively in the essays but really, just like with the LE Diet standard form, the core is very basic. Most people do not need to go the whole nine yards because most people do not have severe PCOS in this forum and are either on the diet for preventative reasons or for egg quality.

Same amount of cals
Up protein to 50-60 g
Up fat to 50-60 g
These above changes in effect cut carbs without even trying to.

Then, for your carbs, use whole grains and/or white rice/potao (some people do better on white rice and it seems to be not as bad as wheat for PCO tendencies) and fruit and vegetables.

And full fat dairy instead of skim because skim milk has something about it that seems very bad for blood sugar levels.

atomic sagebrush
February 23rd, 2016, 02:42 PM
Really? I thought nuts should be avoided. Atomic recommended the PCOS diet for me and I'm supposed to have full-fat dairy occasionally. Are nuts still ok now and then? I do miss them! I'm struggling a bit with all the ins and outs and differences between LE and PCOS.

Some people (and I'd count them in the majority) still want to stick to the old-school sway diets and for them, nuts are a no-no because they're said to sway blue. Nuts are pretty healthy as well. BUT there are no forbidden foods and yes everyone can have nuts as part of the overall LE Diet.

It's the limits, the limits, the limits that matter and not the foods. Additionally as Maiden mentions, the type of fat may matter too and vegetable based fats like those in nuts may help a pink sway more than the type of fat in butter (like in croissants)

Beau82
February 23rd, 2016, 10:09 PM
I know, I know, croissants are bad, haha :prof: :nono: They were half price, I couldn't pass it up!
I was just thinking of avoiding nuts b/c of their high cals. Very small amount for a big portion of calories for the day. And for me personally, once I have a few, I can't stop. So a small handful quickly turns into 4 fistfuls.

I've read a little more and I do get it now. I've had a glass of full fat milk the last two days and it's so tasty. Forgot how much I missed it! Also glad to see white rice is ok. I'm not a big fan of brown rice.

atomic sagebrush
February 24th, 2016, 08:29 PM
They're not bad, they're fine on a day you've had gobs of protein but not a lot of fat or cals!! :)

White rice is ok. Unless a person has very severe PCOS (and I mean, diagnosed, not just a rumor of an innuendo) then you're fine having white rice.

Pretty
February 24th, 2016, 09:34 PM
On days which my will power has wavered (i.e. diet cheat days) is it better to skip the work out (since there are additional/extra nutrients that can be used for muscle building/hormone forming) or should it be a day that I should exercise more?

Also, I am concerned about my testosterone levels (acne, lovely lady beard :holysheep:) is it worth tinkering with or could it just make the situation worse?

Yummmmm... croissants....

maidentomother
February 25th, 2016, 01:01 PM
I would definitely exercise more...but not too much more. You can't build muscle doing cardio on the LE so don't worry about that.

The diet alone may very well help with potential high T symptoms, though you could consider Vitex and/or peppermint tea.

Chrisje
February 25th, 2016, 01:06 PM
I love fresh peppermint tea and so does my husband to be. Can you drink as much as you want of it?

Beau82
February 25th, 2016, 02:35 PM
This is what Atomic says in the post on peppermint tea:
"How to use mint – Dosage for DW - 3 cups a day, AF-O only. You may want to take it with meals because it contains compounds that block absorption of nutrients from foods and also may lower blood sugar."
I think I also read that too much can cause ovulation issues so it's probably best not to go overboard with it.

Chrisje
February 25th, 2016, 02:46 PM
Thanks Beau82 we normally have 2-3 cups after dinner and in the weekend this could be double.. I will make sure
Not to go overboard

maidentomother
February 25th, 2016, 04:49 PM
What Beau said. Please don't drink more than 3 cups daily and if you have any menstrual irregularities like spotting or delayed O, decrease or stop drinking altogether. I would recommend drinking only up until CD14 for best results.

atomic sagebrush
February 26th, 2016, 10:20 PM
On days which my will power has wavered (i.e. diet cheat days) is it better to skip the work out (since there are additional/extra nutrients that can be used for muscle building/hormone forming) or should it be a day that I should exercise more?

Also, I am concerned about my testosterone levels (acne, lovely lady beard :holysheep:) is it worth tinkering with or could it just make the situation worse?

Yummmmm... croissants....

Exercise MORE.

I'd go on the alternate diet if you're not already.

atomic sagebrush
February 26th, 2016, 10:21 PM
I love fresh peppermint tea and so does my husband to be. Can you drink as much as you want of it?

No. Additionally in your case Chrisje you guys should not include that because it is not right for you. If it would have been a good idea for you I would have put it in your plan.

Pretty
February 27th, 2016, 12:10 AM
Thank you Atomic! I am looking at buying a personalized plan, is The Complete TTC Girl Package an easy "one-stop shop" to get everything I need?

Chrisje
February 27th, 2016, 03:48 AM
Thank you Atomic.

atomic sagebrush
February 28th, 2016, 11:53 AM
Thank you Atomic! I am looking at buying a personalized plan, is The Complete TTC Girl Package an easy "one-stop shop" to get everything I need?

Yes just make sure you get the one that says custom or personalized plan on it, because we also have the same option with a premade plan for people who don't want to wait a few days for a plan. :)

Erin514
February 28th, 2016, 08:56 PM
Hi everyone,
I'm brand new to this forum and planning a pink sway for the summer. All the info is a bit overwhelming and I'd love to have some other ladies to try this with.
I have two beautiful boys already, the second one was conceived while I was on the French gender diet for a girl (sigh). I'm going to start the LE diet in May, then TTC in August. Or at least, that's the plan if my cycles come back by then. I haven't actually had AF return yet but DS2 will be 15 months old in August so by then I figure I should probably be fertile.

atomic sagebrush
February 29th, 2016, 12:55 PM
Hi and welcome Erin, you may want to start your own thread to get more responses!

you may want to check out this thread, we have a different diet (as a lot of us also got boys with high dairy intake!) http://genderdreaming.com/forum/trying-to-conceive-a-girl/16780-low-everything-diet-nutshell-version.html

2lovelyboys
March 3rd, 2016, 06:12 PM
Hi ladies im also looking to ttc this summer, i have started introducing LE and exercise this week. how is everyone else doing?

Pretty
March 4th, 2016, 06:23 PM
I haven't been as good as I planned, mostly due to being out of town :(

Hope everyone is behaving better than me!

Pretty
March 11th, 2016, 10:13 AM
How is everyone doing? I am really struggling with the workout... DH set up the office for me to work out and tries to be supportive and encourage me (but that is VERY dangerous on his part LOL).
DH: "honey, don't you want to get your hour in?"
DW::nono::hair:

I just find it so hard to actually get on the elliptical! I even made myself promise not to watch any of my shows unless I'm on it... I haven't watched or even turned on the TV in days :worry:

atomic sagebrush
March 11th, 2016, 11:10 AM
Can you not do something different instead?? It's obviously not working to do that. Can you just go out for a walk for an hour?? That works too. Or a less strenuous workout??

2lovelyboys
March 11th, 2016, 11:41 AM
How is everyone doing? My exercise has been awful this week and still making diet changes. Am hoping to start properly on Monday

Pretty
March 11th, 2016, 05:45 PM
Same here 2lovelyboys... I just bought my plan so I am hoping that will get me energized!

Pretty
March 11th, 2016, 10:06 PM
I forgot to mention on my questionnaire... I always spot a couple days before my period and it looks like my temp drops several days before ovulation. I am currently without an OB/GYN but I think I will try to make an appointment Monday (although, I'm sure it will be quite a while before I am able to get in :( )

atomic sagebrush
March 11th, 2016, 10:08 PM
ok, I made a note of it. I have your questionnaire!

Beau82
March 12th, 2016, 10:10 PM
Jumping back in! I really fell off the exercise wagon lately. My two youngest were pretty sick so I just couldn't get motivated to work out after cuddling sick babies all day. I did 40 minutes on the bike tonight but I'm motivated to do the full 60 tomorrow!

Pretty - Would a cardio dance video be easier? I was thinking of switching up the bike with some zumba videos. Mainly because my butt gets sore after a couple of days in a row on the bike, lol.

I'm feeling pretty good about the diet lately. How is everyone else doing with that? I feel like skipping breakfast is the norm now which is nice because that was my biggest worry as I've always been a breakfast eater. Struggling with my snacks/third meal in the evening. After the kids are in bed and I've done my exercise, I get bored and want to eat. I'm hoping to get down to just 2 meals/day because I need to drop more than a few pounds but once I crack the wine, I want something to munch on!

Pretty
March 13th, 2016, 06:58 PM
I do think I will try a video! I did my second workout today on the elliptical... I just don't know if it is worth it to work out (I am so out of shape, I think my body is definitely feeling like it's being put through the ringer) and risk building muscle or if it would be better to go the couch potato route. I'm kinda torn so maybe a video workout will be a happy medium :)

My muscles are twitching and burning like crazy! I didn't use any resistance, I'm just THAT out of shape... I will often go all day at work without getting out of my chair :(

maidentomother
March 14th, 2016, 03:02 AM
It will get so much easier in just a week, then even easier in 2 weeks. Stick with it! No way can you build muscle doing cardio on the LE, it's impossible. Exercise is getting SUCH great results.

atomic sagebrush
March 14th, 2016, 03:40 PM
Plus, adding muscle is just a THEORY. it's just a guess about how exercise might sway. But doing the exercise, we see based on results that it works! Don't get so hung up on the theory that you lose sight of just doing what is working.

1moregirl
March 25th, 2016, 07:30 PM
Would it be too late for me to start walking every day for an hour? I'm onto about CD 3 today but have been a bit lazy lately and unmotivated so I really think I need to start doing some exercise to help me feel more motivated about everything. Might help me to burn off all these Easter eggs and hot cross buns I've been indulging in also at the moment, even though I'm not putting on weight really. I've been pretty good with the fertility diet but would feel better if I'm adding in another element like exercise to help with my sway. I know when I conceived my first little girl I was walking every day for an hour as it was the only way I could get our little boy to sleep.

atomic sagebrush
March 26th, 2016, 05:06 PM
When we started off we thought maybe we shouldn't start exercise at the last minute. But the results with exercise have been so great that I now think that anyone who can do it, should do it if possible. I do not have data to show yes it's ok or no it isn't, it is a risk/benefit thing where the benefits are so much that it's worth the risks (unproven) that it could sway blue when done too short a time.

Billyjoebob
April 10th, 2016, 12:13 PM
Hi there I'm planning for July - fingers crossed. Just joined and totally freakin out there's so much stuff!!!

Beau82
April 10th, 2016, 08:57 PM
Hi there I'm planning for July - fingers crossed. Just joined and totally freakin out there's so much stuff!!!

Ask lots of questions! There is loads of info but also loads of help here. Have you checked out the ins and outs of the LE diet? Now would be a good time to start or at least ease into it as the longer you are on it, the better.

Nbs82
May 6th, 2016, 09:56 PM
Me!! Planning to start trying in August! I have 2 boys that were both conceived with 1 try....so hopefully the 3rd will be similar. It's so overwhelming, but I just bought a plan so I don't have to sift through all of this info. Good luck and I hope the pink fairy visits all of us soon!

jsophia922
June 8th, 2016, 08:25 AM
Hoping to join you ladies this summer! I successfully swayed for a boy for our first back in July 2014. He's now 13 months old and I'm ready to start trying for #2! I am still nursing and haven't gotten my period back yet, which is why I'm hoping to join you ladies instead of planning to join you lol. No idea when af will return, but I'm hoping it's soon! Anyone else in the same boat? Not sure if I should start the diet now as I'd like to start ttc shortly after getting my period back, or if I should wait a little longer. Oh the decisions!

SweetCake
June 15th, 2016, 04:37 PM
Hope to join you all too. I've been on the LE diet for 6 weeks now, I've lost 10 lbs in weight and can't afford to lose any more weight. We are trying for our first BD attempt this month. Wish me luck :)

atomic sagebrush
June 18th, 2016, 12:33 PM
Hi and welcome sweet cake, up those cals to stop weight loss!!

Wantanother2017
June 19th, 2016, 09:59 AM
Hoping to join you ladies this summer! I successfully swayed for a boy for our first back in July 2014. He's now 13 months old and I'm ready to start trying for #2! I am still nursing and haven't gotten my period back yet, which is why I'm hoping to join you ladies instead of planning to join you lol. No idea when af will return, but I'm hoping it's soon! Anyone else in the same boat? Not sure if I should start the diet now as I'd like to start ttc shortly after getting my period back, or if I should wait a little longer. Oh the decisions!

I'd be starting now, how often is he nursing?

atomic sagebrush
June 20th, 2016, 12:35 PM
Yes I'd start sooner rather than laer.

All*blue*everything
July 8th, 2016, 03:19 PM
Hi I've just joined! I have 4 boys hoping to ttc a girl this year. I'm not sure what I need to do to achieve that as looked into things a bit and I've been a vegetarian for 20 years, all 4 boys were conceived with one attempt around ovulation...i don't think I exercised and km not currently and my diet is pretty rubbish with lots of sweet snacks plus I mostly drink tea. Any advice is greatly appreciated! X

Beau82
July 8th, 2016, 07:27 PM
Hi I've just joined! I have 4 boys hoping to ttc a girl this year. I'm not sure what I need to do to achieve that as looked into things a bit and I've been a vegetarian for 20 years, all 4 boys were conceived with one attempt around ovulation...i don't think I exercised and km not currently and my diet is pretty rubbish with lots of sweet snacks plus I mostly drink tea. Any advice is greatly appreciated! X

Have you checked out the LE diet? I would start there. It is basically 1500-1800 cals/day, 40-50g protein and 25-60g fat (depending how many cals, higher cals=higher fat). No snacking between meals and you need a good long fast each day so most of us skip breakfast and have a first meal around 11 or 12pm. I would drop the tea too and start drinking coffee if you can stand it. Coffee sways girl whereas tea sways boy. Being vegetarian is great for girl as well.
Sugar is ok on the LE diet but if you are PCOS there is a slightly different diet where you're supposed to lay off sugar. Do you know if you have PCOS? I don't but I am on the PCOS diet. Atomic could probably help you figure that out.

LE Diet:
http://genderdreaming.com/forum/trying-to-conceive-a-girl/16780-low-everything-diet-nutshell-version.html

All*blue*everything
July 9th, 2016, 03:22 AM
Have you checked out the LE diet? I would start there. It is basically 1500-1800 cals/day, 40-50g protein and 25-60g fat (depending how many cals, higher cals=higher fat). No snacking between meals and you need a good long fast each day so most of us skip breakfast and have a first meal around 11 or 12pm. I would drop the tea too and start drinking coffee if you can stand it. Coffee sways girl whereas tea sways boy. Being vegetarian is great for girl as well.
Sugar is ok on the LE diet but if you are PCOS there is a slightly different diet where you're supposed to lay off sugar. Do you know if you have PCOS? I don't but I am on the PCOS diet. Atomic could probably help you figure that out.

LE Diet:
http://genderdreaming.com/forum/trying-to-conceive-a-girl/16780-low-everything-diet-nutshell-version.html

Thank u! I know about it but haven't looked in depth yet, I guess that an exercise are prob my chance to sway compared to b4. I wouldn't mind loosing a few pounds and possibly toning up b4 I put my body through pregnancy again. My youngest is 3 1/2 so I've never had a gap this big between babies plus I'm now 35 so I'm hoping I cope ok. What us pcos? I see u also have 4 sons!

atomic sagebrush
July 9th, 2016, 02:25 PM

There are always things we can tweak!! For reasons we don't totally understand, tea is seemingly more blue friendly than coffee. I got my 4 boys with tea and then my girl with coffee.

Adding exercise is great and I'd probably have you switch over to our PCOS-type diet, even if you don't have PCOS WE've had quite good results with people switching to that after getting boys on the "crash and burn" type of LE Diet with the junk foods and stuff.

All*blue*everything
July 9th, 2016, 04:33 PM
There are always things we can tweak!! For reasons we don't totally understand, tea is seemingly more blue friendly than coffee. I got my 4 boys with tea and then my girl with coffee.

Adding exercise is great and I'd probably have you switch over to our PCOS-type diet, even if you don't have PCOS WE've had quite good results with people switching to that after getting boys on the "crash and burn" type of LE Diet with the junk foods and stuff.

Thank you. I could prob get away with losing half a stone but anymore than that and my mum will be telling me off for being too skinny ha ha! Hubby is talking about waiting a few years so that the manic 4 we have now are a bit older and hopefully calmer whereas I would rather not be too old, and too past the baby and toddler stage x so if I do the diet and exercise and I happen to seduce him at least I will be ready!

atomic sagebrush
July 10th, 2016, 02:09 PM
Weight loss has not been super effective with successful sways - we've had a lot of people who gained and got girls, who lost and got boys, and this holds true for both pink and blue swayers. While there is a general trend to wegiht loss swaying pink, you don't necessarily need to lose much or even anything!! (I only lost 3 lbs before I got my girl)

All*blue*everything
July 10th, 2016, 05:30 PM
That's good to know I just assumed if I go on the le diet I would lose weight x

atomic sagebrush
July 12th, 2016, 02:58 PM
No, you don't have to lose weight. LE Diet is really about so much more than that - it's cutting back all together on everything - protein, fat, nutrients across the boards. The weight loss is NOT the point of the LE Diet at all. It may help just a smidge but overall it's not been super predictive of who will have successful sways and who won't.

jsophia922
August 9th, 2016, 02:05 PM
I got my plan on Sunday and started it yesterday. Started vitex, calcium, and magnesium and upped my dosage of folic acid to 1600mcg. I started the diet too, though I'm going to just keep repeating the 21-day meal plan lol because I have no time to meal plan and honestly I think I would obsess over getting everything right so it's better that the work is done for me lol.

As for exercise, you either do all or nothing. Moderate exercise is what sways blue, so as long as you are truly sedentary I don't think it'd hurt not to do the exercise.

For me, stopping snacking is the biggest challenge. I usually eat constantly through out the day, so this whole eating twice is so hard to get used to!