PDA

View Full Version : DH supps???

1moregirl
February 22nd, 2016, 04:37 AM
Atomic, I apologise in advance if we have already been through this. I have written up good copy of my proposal today and DH has just started reviewing it. This might sound ridiculous to some, but I tend to explain myself better on paper, so I made a proposal to DH stating exactly what I want to have happen, a list of compromises I am prepared to make and a spot for him to sign if he is in agreement. He cracked a little hint before so I am starting to think, without getting my hopes up too high, that he might come around, so should I get him to take olive least extract or anything else Atomic? Or just go with how things are. He already cycles every day to work and drinks quite a few cups of coffee per day. We have been eating mainly chicken dishes with one dish of fish per week and one of red meat. I have just started enjoying a white wine with evening meal every night or second night (I drink sweet white wine - does that sway girl? Hope so). I'm still taking the 2000mcg folic acid, ubiquinol 100mg per day and Elevit 3 or 4 times a day. Still waiting for AF to arrive and will hopefully get to do attempt this next cycle. I am trying to get DH to re agree to the one attempt (I feel that if I push for more he may back off more so baby steps), so I will be hoping and praying to the good Lord with everything I've got that this works and results in my (our) fourth and final healthy addition.

Eko
February 22nd, 2016, 09:17 AM
If he agrees to an attempt then I wouldn't want to rock the boat by asking him to do additional stuff. And I wouldn't want to lower his fertility when you only have a limited chance to try (if he only agrees to one attempt one cycle).

A lot of men who are wanting another child are hesitant about taking pills and supps so I can only imagine that someone who already is hesitant about ttc will be more negatively geared against ttc related supps.
And honestly it can make you sort of like a nagging mother. No offence, I don't really mean you, it's my own experience. My fiancé have fertility problems and we've been trying for over a year for our first so he actually wants to take fertility enhancing supps, but STILL I have to remind him about it and ask if he's taken them or not because he easily forgets! In our situation the reminders are helpful but I think in a lot of other situations reminders would just make the man feel nagged at, you know?

But maybe you could give the supps you're interested in a nice spin... Like maybe say you read that XXX (for example cycling, liquorice or some other sway tactic) makes it more likely to concieve a girl because it reduces sperm count, but it also makes it harder to concieve for the same reason. And then ask him if he thinks he should try it or not for the attemp. And if he wants to then you should just let him take care of it and don't remind him or ask him about it because that could put him off.

Okay, this went a little long. But my main advice is don't rock the boat. And remember that you can't get your dream gender if you don't get pregnant at all, so maybe you don't even want him doing more fertility reducing stuff (other than the cycling that he's already doing).

Chrisje
February 22nd, 2016, 03:23 PM
Writing instead of talking because you can explain yourself better on paper sounds completely normal to me. ( I do the same 😉) Good Lucky with getting pregnant

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk

atomic sagebrush
February 23rd, 2016, 12:09 PM
Well, this is neither here nor there but I'd stop short of having him sign it. One time my husband wanted me to sign an agreement (for those who are curious, it was basically that I would not ever complain about anything he said or did while he was working a hard job that I did not want him to take anyway) and it left a terrible taste in my mouth and I wouldn't do it. I refused and I felt it was a very pissy thing to ask a marriage partner to do. So, for whatever that is worth, I realize it's probably done now anyway.

IF he's willing to take the OLE it's good for men's health anyway so it would harm nothing if he's interested.

trifecta
February 23rd, 2016, 02:16 PM
OLE might be good but I think making up lists and proposals, going over everything multiple times, and making sure every I is dotted and T is crossed is probably bad for a pink sway.

1moregirl
February 24th, 2016, 03:46 AM
OLE. Ok - will see what he says. No he hasn't signed it yet. I'm giving him a few more days to read it and take it all in. Plus, I have AF and been tired and cranky with it so don't want any discussions to get heated. I know it all sounds silly about the written proposal, but it was really just me putting my wants down on paper and a few things I can improve on to just help him swing my way. ;) we'll see. Hopefully he comes round and hopefully this all bloody works.

maidentomother
February 24th, 2016, 11:06 AM
Honestly, I strongly recommend you focus most on 1. Keeping your husband happy and 2. The sway tactics that REALLY work, I.e. diet and exercise. I'd go completely vegetarian and definitely cut out all red meat. I think diet sways in men too so if he doesn't mind have him eat what you do.

1moregirl
February 24th, 2016, 05:27 PM
Thanks Maiden. We only eat red meat twice a week, or once a week if we are having a meal of fish. I have been a bit skAck on diet lately and I find it really difficult to go without snacks as I end up feeling weak, sick and get the shakes. I must try to have fruit or yoghurt as a snack instead of a bickie. And I must do more exercise, including pelvic floor ones and I think I still have a slight gap in tummy muscles from last pregnancy. Will work on that starting from now.