PDA

View Full Version : Prenatal Genetics Center

dfourks
February 22nd, 2016, 08:39 PM
Hi Ladies,

I am 11w 1d based on my lmp and I took a gender test with prenatal genetics center. It said boy and 99.9 percent accurate after 10 weeks. They only check gender by looking for a Y chromosome, and I was told my blood tested positive for Y chromosome. which means the baby is a boy.

I was wondering if anyone else has tried this test, and if it was accurate.

subban
February 22nd, 2016, 10:29 PM
Hi! I took it twice for my last 2 DS and it was correct both times. I had done lots of research at the time and was confident this was a really reliable test.

dfourks
February 23rd, 2016, 08:50 AM
Hi! I took it twice for my last 2 DS and it was correct both times. I had done lots of research at the time and was confident this was a really reliable test.

Thanks!! I hope it's right for me too ��

Mommykisses
June 20th, 2019, 12:48 PM

Has anyone taken the prenatal genetics centre test at exactly 10 weeks (
From lmp ) I believe I did it last time at this exact time and my result was a boy . This time I got a negative Y chromosome which means girl or not enough DNA . I知 finding it hard to believe I could possibly Have a girl in my belly after 2 boys . When I called the company one girl said 10 weeks gestation ( before I bought the test ) and then I just called to double check because I知 in disbelief and the other girl said 10 weeks from conception so wouldn稚 that mean 12 weeks ? I知 so confused .

Mommykisses
June 20th, 2019, 12:50 PM

Has anyone taken the prenatal genetics centre test at exactly 10 weeks (
From lmp ) I believe I did it last time at this exact time and my result was a boy . This time I got a negative Y chromosome which means girl or not enough DNA . I’m finding it hard to believe I could possibly Have a girl in my belly after 2 boys . When I called the company one girl said 10 weeks gestation ( before I bought the test ) and then I just called to double check because I’m in disbelief and the other girl said 10 weeks from conception so wouldn’t that mean 12 weeks ? I’m so confused .

Mommykisses
July 17th, 2019, 10:51 AM

I know this is an old post . Hopefully you are still in here - when you took it with your two boys what gestation did you take your tests ?

With my last boy I took it at 10 weeks from lmp it came back positive for Y chromosome ..
This time I took one a 1 day shy of 10 weeks from lmp ( by mistake ) .and it said negative for Y chromosome ( which means girl or not enough DNA )

When I called to question my results they said I need to take the test from 10 weeks from conception - NOT stated in their website . The website just said at 10 weeks or after .

I ended up ordering another test and they gave me a bit of a deal however it still
Cost me . I took it at 12 weeks from last month period ( 10 weeks conception ) - it came back negative again . I知 slightly excited it might be a girl but I started looking up review and found very few . The ones that I did find were mostly bad things . I知 still really worried about my results being wrong .

atomic sagebrush
July 17th, 2019, 04:38 PM
I don't have very much experience with this test, but good luck! Keep us posted!

Mommykisses
August 10th, 2019, 08:29 PM
Confirmed at anatomy scan . It’s a girl !

atomic sagebrush
August 15th, 2019, 01:47 PM
EXCELLENT! Huge congrats!