PDA

View Full Version : A friend whose 42 having a boy...here's what she did

1moregirl
February 24th, 2016, 10:39 PM
Hi ladies. Just a bit of info I thought you might find interesting. A friend of mine who is 42 and pregnant with a boy has given me info on diet, etc that I thought I'd share here. Her diet was meat free, gluten free and consisted of tons of protein and fruits and veggies. She took 100mg of ubiquinol daily, plus DHEA 25 mg daily, Vit b6 daily and a prenatal multivitamin daily. Her husband took the ubiquinol as well and a vitamin (not sure what type) and cut out alcohol and ate same diet as her. With BD, they had sex each day on CD12, 13 and 14 (which was her fertile window but I will find out if she used OPKs) - they BD doggy style and used a little bit of preseed (she noted they only used a tad of preseed as her DH doesn't like it). And that's that. I found it really interesting and though some of you would also even though it's only one couple's recount of what they did. Anyone know what might've helped them get a boy? Maybe going gluten free can lead to more carbs in diet? Plus BD frequency and position? And perhaps using prenatal, Dhea and vitb6? Probably a combo of all these things?

1moregirl
February 24th, 2016, 10:43 PM
Also to add, this lovely lady suffered 2 losses at 41 and 42 and was then told her only hope of conceiving was using donor eggs. However, she followed her instincts, did some research, and is now pregnant at 20 weeks after following the above. Just wanted to share her story and spread the hope. :)

Am3a
February 25th, 2016, 12:03 AM
Interesting! [emoji848]

I have 3 boys and followed a strict gluten free diet when they were conceived. I found I ate less carbs as I didn't love the gf options. I have always struggled keeping up my fibre intake because of not eating so many carbs and think lack of fibre may have swayed blue.

familymatters
February 25th, 2016, 12:24 AM
Apart from her avoiding meat, everything else seems rather boy friendly. Frequency or BD-ing, multi vitamins and B6, loads of protein, cutting out alcohol, preseed, all sways blue.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

essnce629
February 25th, 2016, 03:05 AM
Apart from her avoiding meat, everything else seems rather boy friendly. Frequency or BD-ing, multi vitamins and B6, loads of protein, cutting out alcohol, preseed, all sways blue.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk
Yep, I'd agree! Seems pretty much like a typical blue sway. My best friend is a vegetarian and has two boys. Lots of vitamins, lots of BD, no alcohol, robitussin, and daily green tea is how she got her boys. She is now 30 weeks pregnant with a girl after 3 losses in a row.

1moregirl
February 25th, 2016, 04:40 AM
Yep, I'd agree! Seems pretty much like a typical blue sway. My best friend is a vegetarian and has two boys. Lots of vitamins, lots of BD, no alcohol, robitussin, and daily green tea is how she got her boys. She is now 30 weeks pregnant with a girl after 3 losses in a row.

That's soooo interesting. So Essnce - what did your best friend do this time to get her girl?

atomic sagebrush
February 26th, 2016, 10:01 PM
We've also had good results for pink going gluten free so I doubt it's down to that one thing per se. It certainly may have helped if she was sensitive to gluten and she was losing too many nutrients (it gives people loose stool and trouble absorbing nutrition so eliminating gluten could certainly help a blue sway as well)

Virtually everything she did would have swayed blue.

essnce629
February 26th, 2016, 10:53 PM
That's soooo interesting. So Essnce - what did your best friend do this time to get her girl?
Well she did start out swaying with me two years ago, doing LE diet, exercise, etc but gave everything up after 3 miscarriages in a years time, including a 12 week loss and D&C. The biggest girl thing going for her by the time she got her sticky BFP were her last two miscarriages. She had given up LE diet although she was still a vegetarian and she did skip breakfast regularly. She was not drinking tea and had switched to coffee since she first started swaying. She had multiple attempts in her fertile window. She was not taking lots of vitamins and was vitamin D deficient. She wasn't drinking alcohol at all. She saw an RE after her 3rd loss and the RE found lots of adhesions in her uterus and inflammation which she said was from the D&C 12 months prior. She broke up the adhesions manually and put my friend on a strong course of antibiotics. My friend got her sticky pink BFP the next cycle! Her other two losses were both at 5 weeks, with the last one being 8 weeks before her sticky BFP.

1moregirl
February 27th, 2016, 10:56 PM
Esnce - that is soooo amazing. So your friend had multiple attempts of BD in her fertile window when she conceived her girl? I def had quite a few attempts in my fertile window when we conceived our one girl as well. But I guess they do say timing is the least important sway factor don't they? If you are doing lots of other sway tactics then. What is your friend's age?

essnce629
February 28th, 2016, 04:34 AM
Esnce - that is soooo amazing. So your friend had multiple attempts of BD in her fertile window when she conceived her girl? I def had quite a few attempts in my fertile window when we conceived our one girl as well. But I guess they do say timing is the least important sway factor don't they? If you are doing lots of other sway tactics then. What is your friend's age?

She and I are the same age-- 34. And yes, she and her DH normally BD daily throughout her cycle normally, so yes, she had multiple attempts in her fertile window. At least 3, possibly more.

atomic sagebrush
February 28th, 2016, 01:29 PM
^^^ interestingly, DTD from AF-O has seemed to sway pink for some people, possibly because by the time O has rolled around, most guys would be very depleted from the number of releases prior (or something else all together we have only guessed at)

DTD from AF-O is NOT THE SAME as what the blue swayers are doing, which is having DH release every 2-4 days or having unprotected sex every 2-4 days, plus then 3-5 attempts at or around positive OPK/in fertile window. :)

1moregirl
February 28th, 2016, 06:08 PM
It's very interesting you say that Atomic because I noticed on IG when I was a member there in their stats that they seemed to have more successful pink sways for ladies who had BD all the way thru O. They had a higher number recorded for that than the O+12 they were persuading all the pink swayers to do. I think that is why I chose to do a cutoff back then plus the O+12. Yet I think some of the ladies BD from last day of AF thru to confirmed O (once a day each day) while others had started BD say 5 days before O and then right through til confirmed O. I think I'm a bit worried because when we conceived our last child (boy) there was very limited opportunity to BD at all because we were overseas and sharing a bedroom with our two little children at the time, and so we had the one attempt (obviously in our fertile window as it turned out) but we BD twice in a row. I think multiple attempts (like more than once in a row or day sways boy). But before that we hadn't BD for maybe 4 days. Do you still think I should just go with the one attempt at first pos OPK? I am soooo worried that DH might not be able to go through with his attempt, like even if he has agreed to it. Just over the weekend we BD and I was on second last day of AF so before he did his job he asked if it was safe without a condom and I said yes, but then after he wasn't sure if he'd deposited his goods (only polite way I can think of describing it. Hehe). He was pretty sure he had although he hadn't 'felt' it. So I will be worried he will have performance anxiety and won't be able to do it or something. I guess we'll cross that bridge when/if we come to it. I think he is almost in agreeance.

atomic sagebrush
February 29th, 2016, 01:18 PM
I do not recommend it as a sway tactic and never will. Here is why.

Let's say you start off with best intentions in the world to DTD every day. Starts off and all is well. Then, husband is tired. Or kids are sick. Or you get a yeast infection. Or one of a billion trillion things that may come up and you have to miss days. He may even be so depleted that he cannot maintain an erection or orgasm. Now, you're ending up with every other day or every couple days which would only sway blue. Additionally, it also cuts odds of conception to do it that way (which is why I recommend SMEP for people to up odds of conception, and NOT DTD every day). Additionally additionally, our statistics CLEARLY show that FR with more than one attempt is 20 percentage points lower in results than one attempt. Even though I can imagine how that could possibly sway pink for a couple, I do not and will never recommend it as a sway tactic because it is too risky and not reliable enough.

Not everything that could conceivably sway pink, is a good idea to use for a sway tactic.

1moregirl
March 1st, 2016, 07:30 PM
Yes i totally got you Atomic. We would never be able to keep up with daily BD anyway. Lol! So I continue with every 4 days with one attempt at pos OPK. If that doesn't work then the second time (hopefully there will be a second time) we will BD every 4 days without condoms plus extra attempt at pos OPK.

MrsGoodies
March 15th, 2016, 08:15 PM
I most definitely think that it was the DHEA which helped her sway BOY.

They have scientifically proven that women who take DHEA conceive boys 70% off the time.

I was thinking of taking it to improve egg quality but got turned off when I read that stat.

http://www.fertstert.org/article/S0015-0282(08)01888-8/fulltext

RESULTS: From the 162 patients who have been put on DHEA 25 mgs t.i.d. since Febuary 2006 we have 24 patients who have delivered and the sex of the offspring has been verified. We have a total of 31 babies in this group. The number of male children is 19 (61.2%) and females were 12 (38.7%). Sub-group of I.V.F. pregnancies. Total number of women delivered is 13, yielding 18 babies. Of these 18 babies, 10 were male (55.5%) and 8 were female (44.4%). Subgroup of pregnancies from either spontaneous pregnancy or from oral Femara with times intercourse or controlled ovarian stimulation with i.u.i. was 11 deliveries yielding 13 babies, with 9 males (69.2%) and females 4 (30.8%). Average of all patients was 37.98 yrs.

CONCLUSIONS: In keeping with previous reported variance in the ratio of male to female offspring as seen in the animal kingdom, and has been documented in humans in dominant females, it appears that the use of DHEA to improve the ovarian response in older women and any woman with impaired ovarian response seems to sway the odds of a male offspring quite dramatically in humans. This is probably related to the increased intrafollicular testosterone or other androgen levels in patients taking DHEA.

atomic sagebrush
March 17th, 2016, 04:01 PM
Nifty, Mrs. Goodies, I hadn't ever seen that one.

BUT i do want to point out that this does NOT prove that women who take DHEA are 70% likely to conceive boys.

When women are trying to get pregnant and improve ovarian function they may have been doing MANY things to improve odds of conception in addition to DHEA and thus it may not be as cut and dry as they're making it. They were very likely doing many, many other things to get pregnant all of which sway blue (and since this is all right in line with our successful blue sway numbers WITHOUT DHEA, it is likely that at least some of those things are helping to produce this result - example, we are getting 80% boys with prenatals, and most people TTC with egg quality issues are taking them.)

Additionally, since higher fertility seems to = more boys conceived anyway, there may be some skewing of the stats where only the gals who were the most fertile in this group were even able to get pregnant. out of 162 patients only 24 had delivered babies, that means that many of the original group had either not conceived or had taken longer than this group did. These are the most fertile couples, all doing many things that could possibly sway blue, because all the things that boost fertility, all tend to sway blue.

In order for DHEA "to be scientifically proven to conceive boys 70% of the time" they would need a blind, side by side study in which all other variables were controlled for and it would have to be in a heck of a lot more than 24 people. :)

I DO NOT want any woman to take DHEA without having a doctor's input. Hear me well, ladies, taking DHEA when you don't need it is dangerous and may make you infertile (albeit temporarily)

1moregirl
March 17th, 2016, 07:35 PM
I didn't take DHEA Atomic and have just been taking prenatal every 2nd or 3rd day. Just the ubiquinol and the extra folic acid. That's it. Could you please take a look at my chart and see what you think Hun? I don't know why my BbT dipped a bit on 3DPO and I was a bit disheartened this morning when my BBT had dropped a bit. I can't do any HPTs today as I have no money til Monday and I will be 12DPO so I should know for sure one way or the other by then. I did wake up this morning with some cramping which I have had on and off for a little while. Would clear blue ovulation test strips work the same as a HPT now or would you think it was still too early today at 9DPo? I didn't think I would be this impatient but the prospect of getting a BFN has really made me aware of how much I really do want to be pregnant again.

atomic sagebrush
March 19th, 2016, 02:13 PM
I know that 1more, I was responding to the previous poster. :) The reason I emphatically state not to take DHEA is for any blue swayers who may stumble onto this thread and read about DHEA and then suddenly decide to take it. A young woman taking a huge dose of DHEA is going to cause herself serious harm and I have to take into account the dozens of people who may read every thread and address everyone all at once.

I have never ever recommended testing at 9 DPO and prefer people wait till 12 DPO anyway. I mentioned in the other thread that as it sits right now, it's not a triphasic "OMG she's pregnant" chart but that doesn't mean you aren't pregnant, they don't all ahve the triphasic pattern. :)

skillet04
May 1st, 2016, 08:57 AM
Re dhea....does that mean if someone has naturally high dhea levels they are blue friendly? My naturopath said it just meant the person was youthful .... eek

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

atomic sagebrush
May 2nd, 2016, 10:46 AM
NO, it does not mean that, and I agree high DHEA = youthful.

Young women naturally have higher DHEA. And younger women can and do have both boys and girls.