PDA

View Full Version : 12 week scan nub guesses please

3 boys would love a girl2
February 25th, 2016, 02:48 AM

Sorry if I have posted this in the wrong place I was trying to get it on new posts.

Please tell me what you think was hoping for a girl and am very nervous

mandyp85
February 25th, 2016, 06:03 AM
Think I would guess boy off this pic. Hope I'm wrong tho and its your girl.

maidentomother
February 25th, 2016, 12:33 PM
I would lean boy also, but nub guessing at 12w isn't super accurate. And it's never for sure at any time.

Dreamofpink
February 25th, 2016, 01:09 PM
A boy lean from me too. ❤ When do you find out?

Three beautiful boys and my longed-for DD due in June 2016!

February 25th, 2016, 03:20 PM
Thank you all for your guesses. I Think your probably right saying boy. I won't find out until probably my nex scan in another 6 weeks. Im finding this really hard as it is my last baby so it means I will never have a girl �� the technician said yesterday that it looked like a girl but wasn't good to call it at this stage which I knew but got excited anyway.

February 25th, 2016, 06:00 PM

more pink
February 25th, 2016, 08:13 PM
Looks girly :)

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

February 26th, 2016, 06:35 AM
Thank you more pink

February 26th, 2016, 07:31 AM
Anymore guesses or thoughts? I just keep searching nubs all day.

Throwaway_panther
February 26th, 2016, 11:03 AM
This is a really tricky nub -- it being 12 weeks makes it pretty difficult to guess. It DOES look boyish on first glance, but my daughter's nub also still had that slight angle at ~13w, so you being early makes me unsure of how to answer. I wish you well!!

February 26th, 2016, 05:29 PM
Thank you so much for your thoughts.

I can't believe how sad I feel I can't even sleep and just keep crying. As much as I will love this baby boyit just means never having a girl and its a hard thing to accept. I don't why the technician said looked like a girl? Because from what I've seen it does look boy. But maybe Im finding the spine angle a little difficult.

Is it obvious boy or do I still have a chance at having a girl? What do you guys think?

February 27th, 2016, 04:23 AM
I saw this when I was watching my 12 week ultrusound video and took a still shot. What do you think? 30049

Magical22
February 27th, 2016, 04:30 AM
Girl!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

more pink
February 27th, 2016, 05:28 AM
Girly girl :)

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

Faithinpink
February 27th, 2016, 05:59 AM
I'm leaning towards girl. I really wish you all the very best, we all deserve our gender desires, at the end of the day luv trust in the Lord xx
Good Luck .
P.s You need sleep for your health and your unborn child xx
Take care ��

Babygirlquest
February 27th, 2016, 06:12 AM
I actually lean more girl. I'm not convinced the thing in the first pic is an angled nub, IMO it is not in the right place for a nub, it looks more like cord insert.

Your second pic i would have guessed tentatively boy and your still looks very girly. Also if the tech said girl she will have seen nub from all angles and have a better picture than us.

That being said, I would prepare yourself to hear boy. I have four boys and two of them were obvious from nub shot. While the nubsessing was very upsetting, it did help to prepare for the outcome of having a boy. Gender desire/disappointment is an awful thing but you can get over it.

The best thing you can do is get some sleep like the previous poster said. Stressing over a nub just isn't worth it at the end of the day. And I'm talking from someone who has been there. Congrats on your baby x

February 27th, 2016, 06:19 AM
Thank you all so much for your kindness and taking the time to help me. X

Faith in pink thank you for your kind words. I'm trying so hard to just let go and except the Lords plan for me. I feel a bit all over the place at the moment I don't know whether to just let myself feel the sadness so I can move on. Now I have got my hopes up agin with this picture not sure if this is a good thing. Whatever happens it will be as it should be. Xxx

February 27th, 2016, 06:30 AM
Thank you so much baby girl quest hearing from people who have been through the same thing helps so much. I Have been trying to prepare myself to hear boy from when I became pregnant and I thought I would be ok but it's like I just lose control of my feelings and sense of reason. I also feel guilt for not being grateful. Your right I think this nub obsessing will help to prepare for the disappointment.

Thank you for taking the time xxx

Throwaway_panther
February 29th, 2016, 10:23 AM
Thank you so much for your thoughts.

I can't believe how sad I feel I can't even sleep and just keep crying. As much as I will love this baby boyit just means never having a girl and its a hard thing to accept. I don't why the technician said looked like a girl? Because from what I've seen it does look boy. But maybe Im finding the spine angle a little difficult.

Is it obvious boy or do I still have a chance at having a girl? What do you guys think?

At 12 w, the only really obvious boy nub is one that's already pointed up very early -- and yours hasn't!

I feel so much empathy for you -- I had a near breakdown after spending HOURS researching nubs after my nuchal scan, all because I so desperately wanted a boy and was (pretty sure) I had a girl.

I wish techs wouldn't guess so early. At my anatomy scan, the tech even said when I mentioned how I was pretty positive it was a girl, "Oh, by nub theory? I usually tell people around then!" SHE hadn't even told me, because mine was still inconclusive enough around 13w for her to hold off... and it ended up being a girl.

I recommend trying to see a counselor or professional if you can, to not only work through things before the anatomy scan, but to help you through this process in general. <3

March 1st, 2016, 05:33 PM
Thank you throwaway Panther for your empathy, understanding and sharing your story with me x

I saw my obstetrician on Monday and I told him how anxious I was feeling. He told me it was a bit early. I asked him to have a look and see if he could see anything when he did the ultrasound. We both saw 3 clear white lines multiple times from an underneath potty shot angle. He told me he was 'pretty sure' it was a girl. I have chosen to do the harmony nipt blood test to find out for sure because I think not knowing for sure is causing me more stress. So I should know the result in a week and a half which still seems so far away.
I don't want to get my hopes up I still feel like it's 50/50. So of course I have been looking up early 3 line potty shots and reading mixed experiences.
I don't have a picture unfortunately I forgot to ask for one because I was so overwhelmed. But I remember seeing 3 clear short white lines.
Will update in a week and a half x

True Blue
March 2nd, 2016, 12:59 AM
Guessing girl :)

Faithinpink
March 2nd, 2016, 02:22 AM
Hi 3boys I hope your well. FX you hear girl take care lets us know xx

3'sacharm
March 3rd, 2016, 09:47 AM
I hope this is your girl! The first pic did look like it had an incline on it but it also appeared long. Your subsequent pics looked flatter and more girly and still long... It's sounding positive for you though from your latest scan :D x

March 15th, 2016, 12:54 AM
Hi everyone,

Can't believe nip test confirmed it's girl!! Still in shock!!!!

Dreamofpink
March 15th, 2016, 03:34 AM
How exciting!!! Congratulations on your DAUGHTER! Enjoy every precious minute of your pregnancy knowing she's onboard. She will be so lucky to have her three big brothers 😀

Three beautiful boys and my longed-for DD due in June 2016!

Pink Pony
March 15th, 2016, 06:36 AM
Congrats on your baby girl, so special.

Throwaway_panther
March 15th, 2016, 08:19 PM
Wow congrats! Guess your ultrasound being hit or miss lined up with mine -- and we're both having girls! Tricky, tricky!

Congrats!!

March 16th, 2016, 01:39 AM
Thank you!! Hope all goes well with you all too xxxx

pinkfairydust
March 16th, 2016, 07:39 AM
wow brilliant! I'm so happy for you!!

Boyzmommy
March 16th, 2016, 05:35 PM
Congrats. I m still in shock about my girl in belly [emoji7]

Mom to two princes
Princess in belly