PDA

View Full Version : Worried about my last cycle wit short LP

1moregirl
February 26th, 2016, 05:10 PM
My last period arrived just 10 days after my 4th and final pos OPK so that seems like only a 10 day LP. What should I do? Does this mean low progesterone? Or low progesterone for just that cycle?

djmommy
February 26th, 2016, 06:02 PM
I think as we get older our cycle changes every now and then. It could just be an off month. Definitely happened to me a few times. Try not to worry so much unless you start to see a pattern. Are you temping at all?

BunnyGirl19
February 26th, 2016, 06:15 PM
It could mean that you had positive OPKs after O also. It's hard to say without temps to pinpoint a day.

maidentomother
February 26th, 2016, 08:22 PM
It could definitely just be an off month. I would temp & chart for a few months at least before worrying. Plus 10 days is usually long enough to get pregnant. It's not THAT short. You can even conceive despite a much shorter LP.

atomic sagebrush
February 26th, 2016, 11:51 PM
You ovulate on average 36 hours after your FIRST positive OPK and the length of time the tests stay positive for do not tell you anything about whether you have ovulated or not. you can get a negative test and still have not ovulated, or you can have ovulated and still have positive tests for days after.

10 day LP is enough to get pregnant and it may just be one of those months anyway. It is not unusual at all to have a short LP one month that is just a fluke and never comes back. :)

1moregirl
February 27th, 2016, 04:18 AM
Thanks so much for your replies ladies. I think I am just starting to get last minute jitters so to speak. And I just started temping again this morning and charting it all on FF so hopefully this will all give me more information. I also just bought some Clear Blue digital ovulation testers (without the dual hormone thingy) coz I've used them in the past (inc last time I conceived) and I found them fantastic. I'm not going to worry any longer. I really have to set my mind into positive mode and think, even if the worst happens and I miscarry again, at least my doctor will be on the ball and I will get a D & C earlier before I have time to haemorrhage again (which is what I worry about the most. I really thought my time was up last time, esp when I collapsed in the ED and all I could think about was my 3 little babes at home who needed me, so I got a hell of a fright). It will all be ok this time round.

1moregirl
March 1st, 2016, 07:35 PM
It's better to consult with your gynecologist. When I was trying to conceive I took elonva. And it has helped me. I have a wonderful son. Just don't give up and think positive.

Thanks GreysOn. What is Elonva? :)

atomic sagebrush
March 1st, 2016, 08:17 PM
I'm not sure what this person's deal is. I think they may have been selling elonva from a website (it is a legit medication but I did NOT click the link to see where it led, and nobody should). Maybe not. May be a new member trying to help. I can't tell from the posts and thus I did not delete the messages.

1moregirl
March 2nd, 2016, 06:53 PM
Thanks ladies. I don't believe I need any other pills to help me conceive. I just need to hit the golden egg. Bahahahaha! I'm going through with an attempt this cycle Atomic and think I have DH on board as we managed to BD successfully last night without protection, even though it was only CD 9 yesterday. I won't say anymore as I have posted a separate post asking you for advice on BD pattern from now on. Thanks Hun. I do have a referral for a good Ob/gyn but I have to reschedule the app I made for next week as I'm not going to be able to afford it as I have all my money going to our little girls birthday party. Maybe by the time I get to see this Ob/gyn I will have had a BFP and he can help see me thru it successfully. We'll see.

atomic sagebrush
March 2nd, 2016, 10:53 PM
it's pills, i don't know why my link was deleted but it was referring to the medical directory

it is because your posts are seeming like a spammer (new person shows up, posts several times, and then posts link) If you're not a spammer, that is absolutely fine, you are welcome here. All we can go off of is what it looks like from our end which is spam. I could absolutely be wrong and if I am then I am sorry.