PDA

View Full Version : Spelling of our boys name

Chunksta
September 14th, 2011, 12:10 AM
So i am due with a boy
we have always had our boys name picked since our first child who turned out to be a girl, and our second born turned out to be a girl too so.......third time lucky and its a boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Anyway
our son will be named
Dezi/ Desi Leigh
(his second name after DH middle name)

which Spelling do you like the best?
it is short for Desmond but i do not like Desmond so it will be Dezi/Desi written on his birth certificate! I also found out that it means "longed for" which is great coz he is sooo longed for after 2DD's ( we are in Aus if that makes any difference to the spelling)
TIA :bluecheer::bluecheer::bluecheer:

DoulaMama
September 14th, 2011, 02:08 AM
With a z :) congrats on your little man! So exciting!!!

Chunksta
September 14th, 2011, 02:13 AM
Thanks so much for your reply ive been re freshing for a while!
We are so so excited and we love the name and only know 1 person with that name and hes in his 30 and his name is Desmond but Desi for short,
so i wasnt really sure about spelling and i cant talk to anyone about coz we dont want people to know or tell us they dislike our name before our bub is born so yeah
Cool Thanks heaps Doulamuma

nuthinbutpink
September 14th, 2011, 06:23 AM
I don't know...since it is after Desmond, I think I would use Desi but I think people might pause when they say the name to figure out how to pronounce and it seems a little girly with Leigh as the spelling(here in the States Leigh is a girl's name whereas Lee is more unisex so if they read Desi Leigh, people here would assume it is a girl)- Dezi seems more masculine. Changed my mind! Dezi!

Dez is cool too.

Flava
September 14th, 2011, 09:04 AM
Me I would name him Desmond ( I like the name from Lost:p) and just call him Dezi for sort.
But if you don't want to do that then Dezi for sure!

Hobbermittens
September 14th, 2011, 12:38 PM
Flava, I like Desmond from Lost too! :)

I like Dezi better. The Z is more masculine!

Congrats on your boy!!

LolaInLove
September 14th, 2011, 12:42 PM
I like it with the Z better, more masculine. I don't think they would mistake that for a girl, but I think Desi might get that. Super cute name!!!! I am so thrilled for you, Chunksta!!!!!

queen-of-harts
September 14th, 2011, 12:56 PM
Yes with a Z!

zanacal
September 14th, 2011, 02:09 PM
I agree with Dezi - people might pronounce Desi as 'Dessi'. Congratulations again!

begonia
September 14th, 2011, 10:36 PM
Yay Chunksta!!! One more vote for with a Z!

Chunksta
September 14th, 2011, 10:46 PM
Yay!! SO sounds like Z it is
DH likes Dezi the best but he wanted Desmond on his birth cert then i said teachers will call him Desmond, official paperwork etc and i just like plain old Dezi!

"Leigh" in aus is a boys name and if a girl was to be called leigh its spelt as "Lee", unless its like Ashleigh but thats it really
guess its funny different country have different spellings and that! =)
Awesome so happy everyone likes it with a "Z"
Now just gotta wait til Jan!!!

TTC5
September 14th, 2011, 10:49 PM
Congrats on your BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Snowflakes
September 18th, 2011, 09:44 AM
I am definately voting for the Z instead of the S. GL :)

purplepoet20
September 22nd, 2011, 11:34 AM
My cousin is naming her boy Dezy Mond S-------. She didn't like the full spelling either but couldn't think of a middle name.

Proud-Mummy26
October 24th, 2011, 11:16 PM
I like the Z too. Congrats!!!

TTC5
October 24th, 2011, 11:43 PM
Oh and with a Z. S is a bit feminine IMO ;)

Princess of Pink
January 4th, 2012, 10:17 PM
I am from Australia too and where I am from Leigh is feminine and Lee is Masculine...maybe different states have it differently?

sallygal
January 4th, 2012, 11:01 PM
I think with a Z too. And I'm from Aus too and I mostly know boy Leigh's and girl Lee's, but a few of each so it is probably unisex.

Congrats on your boy!