Gender Result:
Unknown
DW Age:
DH Age:
Current Children's Gender(s:)
2 girls 4 and 1
Number of Months TTC:
8!!
Did you purchase and follow a GD Personalized Plan?
No

MINERALS

Calcium Intake(Please describe)
From diet only - Had full fat milk in a organic protein shake every day. Homemade kefir with whole milk.
Magnesium Intake(Please describe)
Diet mostly but started a supplement as a suggestions from the RE to help with vitamin D absorption.
Potassium Intake(Please describe)
Diet only - one glass of V8 and one glass of coconut water daily.
Sodium Intake(Please describe)
Diet only - Added salt to all meals occasionally

SUPPLEMENTS USED
DW Supplements
Mucinex
Green Tea
Vitamin D
Fish Oil
Prenatal
Folic Acid
CoQ10 800mg (started taking this much in December after dx of DOR)
Red Raspberry Tea Leaf

DH Supplements
Fish Oil
Multi-vitamin
L'arginine
Vitamin D
CoQ10

Any additional supplement info?
Increased a lot of my dosages in early December after my diagnosis but was too short to really make a difference.

DIET
Did you follow a diet plan?
Yes
If yes to diet, which one did you most follow?
HE(High Everything)

Comments regarding DW's diet changes-
I completely changed my diet. Breakfast and lunch were spread out over hours and kind of snacking all day. Always tried to have a carb and protein at the same time. Quit drinking diet coke, cheated occasionally. Drank one glass of V8, coconut water, kefir, and lots of lemon water.

A typical day was as follows:

Early breakfast - Every morning I would have some nuts and then workout. Then an organic protein shake (protein powder, whole milk, mixed greens, and berries), oatmeal, and more nuts.

Snack - 2 hard boiled eggs and some nuts

Lunch - usually salad with feta, a chicken or beef meal, an apple, and an avocado

Snack - more nuts, hummus and carrots, lara bar or made my own lara bars

Dinner - Usually salmon, chicken, eggs and bacon, or red meat.

Snack -Peanut butter

If diet was used, length of time before attempt?
About 8 months
Did you skip breakfast regularly?
No
Did DH change his diet with you?
Yes
Comments regarding DH's diet-
We both made a switch to almost all organic and whole foods. Felt like we were both overall healthier because of food choices. Dh's sperm count was almost twice as much as it was 2.5 years prior when tested.
Did you consume alcohol?
No

Did you try to limit caffeine?
Yes but that was due to my diagnosis of DOR. I completely gave up coffee in December and only drank red raspberry leaf and green tea or hot water with lemon. I drank coffee for about 2.5 weeks at the holidays when I had a chemical pregnancy.
Any Diet Details?
See above
Any Diet Comments/Additional Info?
See above

WEIGHT AND EXERCISE
What did you weigh/BMI do leading up to O?
Gained 13 pounds over those 8 months!! I was not happy and really tried to make it a lifestyle change that wouldn't lead to weight gain but I also stopped doing cardio so that may have affected it. Thankfully I'm tall and could still fit into my clothes.
Any Weight/Exercise related additional info/comments?
Did postnatal bootcamp and other weight lifting videos about 5 days a week. Before this, I was doing Insanity.
THINGS in VG and CONCEPTION DATE(CD) INFO
pH Before Starting a Sway Program, if known
Unknown
Any VG potions used?
Preseed

CM pH at attempt
Unknown
DH pH
Unknown
THE DEED INFO
How many BD attempts did you make for the BFP cycle?
BD Pattern
Through ovulation

BD Dates according to Ovulation
I had an IUI 24 hours after the trigger shot so we dtd 36 and 24 hours before the IUI and 12 hours after. Dh had a great count and I think I O'd the night of my IUI based on cramping.
2 Days Before O
1 Day Before O
twice on O Day

BD Position
Multiple
Any additional comments?
I don't really recall our attempts, lol. With two young kids we were just trying to sneak them on so they weren't terribly romantic and I didn't have the big O.
Any relevant attempt details?
Not sure about timing since my first DD was a one hit wonder and my second was conceived with the exact same pattern as this one. Hopefully my sway helped.
Did you do anything with Ions?
Not knowingly!
Moon Phase during conception?
Waning Crescent
Did you use any Old Wives Tales?
I put a picture of a baby boy on my phone when we would dtd or during my IUI and set it near me. I also took some "it's a boy" mints and put them in the drawers next to our bed. My little dd kept getting into it and one ended up in my car but I figure it was near me at least. A friend also gave me a cross with a dove charm that's supposed to promote fertility which I kept near me.
-
Things that make me feel great about my sway:
I followed the diet pretty well and kept the weight lifting up consistently the entire time. Both dh and I were eating healthier even though I had gained weight. Before, I was always eating too little and going long periods of time without eating or snacking on empty calories. I visualized having a son the whole time. I also felt more confident this month which is unusual for me, especially after the infertility diagnosis which devastated me. I started acupuncture in December and went 9 times before my bfp, about once a week. I would visualize a baby boy when she left me alone in the room. I started doing a fertility stretching/yoga video from youtube about 4 times a week that is supposed to promote fertility and I did the legs on the wall pose every night during this cycle.
Things that make me nervous about my sway:
I took clomid!! Knowing nothing is a sure thing. For about two weeks in December, I slacked big time when I got a bfp and then had a cp. The mixture of the holidays and feeling sad made me eat a lot of junk food (not a lot of protein), empty calories, and coffee/caffeine. Also knowing that sometimes fertility problems can equal girl but hoping that since most of the problem was my egg quality that it won't affect the sex this time.
Things worth mentioning:
I gave this my all and really hope it was worth it. I hate praying for selfish things but instead of praying for a healthy baby like I did with my dd, I often prayed for a healthy baby boy. I did this for my dh who has talked about his future son since we met 10 years ago. He is a great father to our girls and does so much for others that I would love to make this wish come true for him. He would be completely devastated if it's another girl and I don't want to go down that road again. This is our last so praying so much this is our boy!!

Mamato3?
March 5th, 2016, 11:23 AM
Congratulations!!! WIshes for a healthy blue bean!!!

Beau82
March 5th, 2016, 12:47 PM
Congratulations! Hoping this is your boy! Looks like a great sway. FWIW I got all 4 of my boys eating lots of junk.

yogi&booboo
March 5th, 2016, 12:59 PM
Congratulations and best of luck. Your sway looks amazing!! I hope you have a blue bean cooking in there ♡

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

jennypenny
March 5th, 2016, 01:33 PM
Congratulations!!! Looks like you gave it your all!!! Good luck xxx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maidentomother
March 5th, 2016, 01:40 PM
Great sway! Congrats again.

Mulberry Smurf
March 5th, 2016, 01:42 PM
Congratulations this looks like a brilliant boy sway to me (not an expert but have two boys and it seems similar to my diet etc with them!) good luck xx

Dreamofpink
March 5th, 2016, 02:33 PM
Fantastic sway! Best of luck for your ds 😀

Three beautiful boys and my longed-for DD due in June 2016!

purple
March 5th, 2016, 06:03 PM
Congrats Quinn. Looks like a good sway from the basics of boy swaying that I know. I wouldn't worry about the short time when you had junk food... I would have had junk food when I got my boys, you we probably eating better overall!

Ashforblue
March 5th, 2016, 06:29 PM
Congrats, hope you get your little man!!

farmgirl33
March 5th, 2016, 06:32 PM
Awesome sway Quinn. Fx that you have a healthy boy growing in there.

familymatters
March 7th, 2016, 04:46 AM
Your diet sounds soooo similar to the diet I ate when I conceived my boys. Fingers crossed you have your blue bundle on board!

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Quinn31
March 7th, 2016, 07:58 AM
Thanks for the kind words everyone. I've been feeling so nervous that it was another girl and posting this was cathartic.

I'm hoping to go team green but dh is finding out around 11-12 weeks so I may figure it out by his reaction. All the old wives tales (Chinese gender chart, moon phase) that said girl for my girls is saying boy so I'm hopeful!

ksmom
March 7th, 2016, 08:15 AM
Great sway Quinn! So happy for you that you finally got your sticky BFP! Hope this is your blue bundle :)

honeybee37
March 7th, 2016, 09:04 AM
I don't know how, but I've disliked your post!! I'm sorry - I've no idea how that happened!! I don't know how to undo it!
Congratulations on your pregnancy!!

Throwaway_panther
March 7th, 2016, 11:36 AM
(Haha, I was wondering what was going on honey!)

Congrats Quinn!! I am so, so happy you conceived this little one after the stress of infertility! Your husband's sperm count being so much higher sounds great!

I thought I'd add, too, as a bit of a lifting junkie: you gaining weight but not changing clothing size is a HUGE indicator that you gained muscle mass/shed body fat, which is not only great for conceiving a boy, but also super super great for health. Nice work!

Plus, I've seen soooo many women on here talking about how they conceived their sons not only around the holidays, but also when they were eating tons of junk food ;)

tfahn
March 7th, 2016, 02:07 PM
Great sway Quinn, fingers crossed for a boy!

Did you drink the RRL Tea the whole month or stop after Ovulation? Did you drink it the days you took Clomid?

Quinn31
March 7th, 2016, 02:14 PM
Great sway Quinn, fingers crossed for a boy!

Did you drink the RRL Tea the whole month or stop after Ovulation? Did you drink it the days you took Clomid?

I just drank it until ovulation. From af-o each cycle. I drank it the whole cycle once without realizing and I had a cp that month so not sure if it's related. I've heard baby aspirin helps too.

atomic sagebrush
March 9th, 2016, 12:01 AM
congrats and blue dust!