PDA

View Full Version : what can be causing my chemicals??

pinkin2011
March 6th, 2016, 09:40 PM
Hi girls. This is my 3rd month on clomid . And 4th chemical. I have gotten positive pregnacy tests each month from December. I just went in for bloods today beta plus progesterone . I always have a 15 day LP so is it possible to have low progesterone if i have a long LP?? Im so down snd disappointed and just confused

ksmom
March 8th, 2016, 09:38 AM
I'm so sorry Pinkin. :( I'm in the same boat as you. Three chemical pregnancies in a row all at 4w2d and no idea why. Have you looked into having more extensive testing done? My RE had me do a complete blood workup (everything from metabolic panel, AMH, inherigen test, thyroid, diabetes testing), an ultrasound, plus I'm to have cd3 testing and an HSG next cycle. DH is getting tested with an advanced SA esp. because of the nature of his work. Has your DH been tested yet? What tests have you had so far?

I also have a 15 day LP but I won't get my progesterone test result back until after I get my other testing done. I wouldn't think P would be low with a long LP though. This is so frustrating, I know. Especially when all we want is to have another baby and this keeps happening over and over again. I hope you get the answers you need soon.

Babygirlquest
March 8th, 2016, 01:27 PM

The Anchor
March 8th, 2016, 01:34 PM
Chemicals are more common than people think. I assume you had full testing before IVF? Did you test for immune issues? Do you recall what your lining was for your IVF cycle?

pinkin2011
March 8th, 2016, 03:09 PM
Yeah i had a couple of tests done after my failed ivf. I had a fet which resulted in a bfn. My tests came back normal. I had 2 blood tests yesterday : progesterone which came back at 19 or 6 us measure and Thyroid which was 1.4. I am on thyroid meds for mild underactive thyroid . My lining for my fet was 11mm. I really just have this strong feeling that it is my lining....

As for my chemicals the last 2 months i get a bfp at 10dpo then they dissappear . The pic im posting now was 10dpo thats the bottom pic. Top pic is 11dpo so i just dont get it so confused. 30214

mylittlegirl
March 8th, 2016, 03:33 PM
Hi Pinkin, I had a few early chemicals plus 4 miscarriages and my bw came back normal. I did what babygirlquest did, I used progesterone cream (from ov ) and baby aspirin at bfp. I did miscarry again using just the progesterone cream, but I believe the baby aspirin did it for me. I used it up to 39 weeks but that was my decision, and my little boy's perfect!
Good Luck!

The Anchor
March 8th, 2016, 03:51 PM
Baby aspirin and pineapple core...both said to help with implantation.

essnce629
March 8th, 2016, 04:06 PM
Get checked for the MTHFR mutation as well. Having it makes you at risk for blood clots and repeat losses. I got tested after my one and only miscarriage and found out I was homozygous for it (biggest risk). So I have to take baby aspirin now and most likely during any more pregnancies. I had zero problems getting and staying pregnant with my boys (both were oopsies). It's a simple blood test.

pinkin2011
March 8th, 2016, 05:28 PM
Ok thanks. I see my dr on friday so i will get tested for that. I guess baby asprin cant help??? Do you think i am getting a bfp or do they look like dodgy tests?

atomic sagebrush
March 9th, 2016, 12:51 AM
They need to do a full workup to rule out any of the reasons that chemicals occur. LP of 15 days indicates to me that neither your prog nor your estrogen are low and something else is going on. It is possible to have chemicals more than once though, for no other reason than bad luck.

pinkin2011
March 9th, 2016, 01:03 AM
I will definitely get tested for the one essense suggested

Throwaway_panther
March 10th, 2016, 01:40 PM
I think I said this in another thread, but saying "1.4 for thyroid" doesn't make sense. The thyroid "function" is comprised of TSH, T3 and T4. If they're only checking TSH, they definitely need to check T3 and T4, which can be abnormal even when TSH appears fine.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

pinkin2011
March 10th, 2016, 04:07 PM
Throwaway i have had alot of blood work done i have had full thyroid testing done. My only thyroid issue was TSH was at 3.5 so i was just getting that one checked again to make sure it had come down

Babygirlquest
March 10th, 2016, 04:11 PM
I would say the baby aspirin couldn't hurt but deffo get checked also xxxx

atomic sagebrush
March 10th, 2016, 08:15 PM
I would ask first though because thyroid with aspirin isn't always a good combo. Some people can do it, others can't, and I don't know enough to guide you.

Throwaway_panther
March 11th, 2016, 08:47 AM
I would ask first though because thyroid with aspirin isn't always a good combo. Some people can do it, others can't, and I don't know enough to guide you.

As long as apirin isn't taken within a few hours on either side of the thyroid pill, there is no contraindications between the two (I had to take a baby aspirin daily for a health issue while also on thyroid meds; aspirin is definitely not really a thing that affects thyroid stuff).

Pink, be sure to also be taking your thyroid on an empty stomach with no nutrients within an hour, too -- not near any other hormones, iron, calcium, etc. (ESPECIALLY not near iron, which can really hinder absorption).

atomic sagebrush
March 11th, 2016, 01:02 PM
It's not the medicine, the aspirin can eff with the thyroid itself (hyperthyroid, not hypo) and cause a thyroid storm. Since I can't really keep everyone straight I think it is wisest to advocate for clearing this with a doc first, because some people with hypothyroid, have this situation where they alternate back and forth between hypo and hyperthyroid, so if someone is in that boat, tossing aspirin onto the top of that might be a bum steer and I just prefer to get more input from medical professionals on that one. Also sometimes people are overmedicated from hypo into hyperthyroid and I just don't want to toss aspirin on top of that. I just feel it's safest since it is a lifethreatening thing. :)

pinkin2011
March 11th, 2016, 03:18 PM
I wont take asprin. I will just see how i go with this cycle and take it from there. I am seeing my gyno on the 29th so i will ask her what i need to do.

tinksmagic
March 11th, 2016, 09:37 PM
What does baby aspirin do? I have to take out throughout AF, I did this cycle and got bfp. I was also taking Armor thyroid and my TSH is .17 (yay!) my T3, T4 have adjusted since November.
Since on Synthroid so doctor can monitor my pregnancy. My hcg didn't double, possible chemical. Any chance adding baby aspirin now at 5W would help save this embryo? I'll try anything. Progesterone seems to be fine, I'm producing. I'm hoping to get tested for MFTHR.

atomic sagebrush
March 11th, 2016, 10:12 PM
It is supposed to thin your blood a little bit and allow the baby to burrow in. It also may help build a better lining, but if the issue is lack of doubling with HCG then it is not anything that aspirin can fix.

If HCG isn't rising, 9 times out of 10 it's because your body recognizes an issue with the developing pregnancy that is incompatible with life and so it is not increasing hormone levels. I know it sucks but there is really nothing to be done, whatever has gone wrong cannot be fixed, I'm sorry to say.