PDA

View Full Version : Ttc after miscarriage, before first period

1g3b
March 8th, 2016, 10:24 PM
So it seems that a bfp before the first af sways pink. True for anyone here?

atomic sagebrush
March 9th, 2016, 01:00 PM
WE have 75% pink TTC after a miscarriage. 15 out of 20 people got girls.

Throwaway_panther
March 10th, 2016, 01:36 PM
This is how my SIL conceived her daughter between her two sons.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

MrsGoodies
March 15th, 2016, 04:17 PM
I have the same question/dilemma.

After 4 months on the girl diet I finally conceived. I stayed on the diet until 6 weeks pg then ate anything for the next month. It was a GIRL but I miscarried at 10 weeks and immediately started up on the diet again.

Now I don't know if trying again before AF comes would help or if I should wait until I'm on the diet longer.

I feel so sad to have lost my baby girl and I want to ttc asap but who knows if I can even O before AF shows up.

atomic sagebrush
March 17th, 2016, 03:40 PM
I am so sorry to hear of your loss.

Do not stay on the diet after conception next time. That is not necessary and may not be healthy.

You have been on diet most of the time over the last several months. As long as you have your doctor's ok you are good to go IMO.

What I would have you do is either use OPK tests to pinpoint your surge before ovulation and have attempt then, OR you can simply have unprotected sex every 4 days and hope to hit the egg. WE have good results with both those techniques.

MrsGoodies
March 17th, 2016, 06:42 PM
Thank you Atomic!

The reason I stayed on the diet was because I wanted to make sure my betas were doubling properly. I've had early loss before and I didn't wantto start all over....plus spending so much time on the girl diet I had a psychological aversion to some of the food that was banned for so long. Meat tasted funny.

Do you know if being on Iron supplelemts sways? My hemoglobin was low after the loss so I was on a high dose for 2 weeks straight.

Would Red Raspberry tea sway? I drank 2-3 cups per day for 2 weeks also and stopped when the bleeding stopped.

So far my pH has been 4.0-4.5 after BD (Dh said I was dry as sandpaper down there....). I have felt O type pains but only getting lows and highs on my monitor.

Is it possible to O with a realy WEAK surge that won't show up on a opk?

atomic sagebrush
March 19th, 2016, 01:56 PM
It doesn't matter why you did, just don't do it again. I also had a meat aversion when pregnant with DD and I had to really struggle to eat meat (the only meat I could stand was Big Macs) but it is very important that you do not stay on diet.

You needed the iron so do not worry how it sways. I would recommend adding 30-60 mg 3x a week to be sure your iron level stays good.

I wouldn't use the RRLT any more but it won't affect your sway by the time O comes around. Do not use it during pregnancy (if you were)

It is possible to O without getting a positive OPK but there is no such thing as a "weak surge". Either you surge or you don't. If your body doesn't surge, then it won't O. Your surge may not register on OPK though.

MrsGoodies
March 19th, 2016, 04:29 PM
If a surge doesnt register on an OPK is it really a surge?

What kind of an egg would it be if you O without being able to detect it? I'm thinking a crappy egg bc the month I conceived I had a smilely OPK but only a high on my monitor and it only lasted 12 hr or so....and I got Pg with a egg that didnt divide properly (my report said the source of the error was maternal not paternal).

All of my 'good' sticky pg I had a surge that lasted 18-24 hr minimum with confirmations on digital and monitor so i wonder if more LH makes for a better egg and CL.

I am testing 2-3x per day so I know I am not missing it....

atomic sagebrush
March 19th, 2016, 05:13 PM
Yes, it is really a surge. If it triggers ovulation, your body cares not what an OPK says. It surges when it gets a message that your hormones are sending. Now, maybe a person might miss that surge if they test at the wrong time of day or if the hormone never reaches a certain concentration that comes out in the urine or the urine itself was too diluted or there was user error with tests or maybe that batch of OPK tests suck (and please do not argue with me that you didn't do any of those things, I"m sure you didn't, I'm speaking generally here about how a negative OPK can STILL end in ovulation)

I have seen tons of women get pregnant without getting an OPK. I've seen others not get pregnant or have chemicals with a dark test. There does not appear to be any obvious, clear correlation that we can see as laymen, anyway. Unfortunately OPK are about as clear as much but they're the best technology we have for using at home.

oceancitymom
April 1st, 2016, 10:22 AM
I'm going through a miscarriage right now. If I use OPKs, when should I start using them? Today is day 2 of bleeding, but my beta was still at 113 yesterday. If I still have a positive beta on day 5 of bleeding (which is when my OPK says to start using them - day 5 of period), then I can't start with OPK yet, right, because won't a positive beta throw it off? Should I forget OPK then and just BD every four days? Or just start OPK once beta is negative?

atomic sagebrush
April 2nd, 2016, 02:44 PM
You won't ovulate if your beta is still elevated anyway. Your body would interpret that as being pregnant and would not make an egg.

Yes I think it is wisest to just DTD every 4 days if you can stand it.

oceancitymom
April 6th, 2016, 02:39 PM
Thanks. Beta was down to 8 two days ago so I did start OPK today (1st response digital, which is how I caught the egg during the last two cycles of trying) which was day 7 of cycle if you consider the first day of miscarriage bleeding to be CD1. I got a "no" so I was encouraged. We'll see if I get a "yes" around the usual time this month. Fingers crossed!

atomic sagebrush
April 7th, 2016, 06:25 PM
Fingers, toes, and eyes crossed!!