PDA

View Full Version : How to get over the fear of another loss?

SweetLily
March 10th, 2016, 04:14 PM
Hi ladies.

So I lost my daughter a week ago at 17 weeks. I had preterm labor and my water broke. I had preterm issues with my 2 previous pregnancies but one was actually overdue and the last one was born 5 weeks early when I went off bedrest. I never imagined this would happen so soon, I knew a preterm baby was possible but thought I'd hang on until 34 or 35 weeks for sure!

I;m so devestated by the loss. I'm waiting to hear back on the autopsy to see if something was wrong or if it was just me.

DH and I plan to ttc again in a few months but I am so scared of another late loss. I don't think I could go through this pain again, it's been worse than when my mother died!

Does anyone have advice on how to get through this and survive pregnancy with optimism until week 24 when A the drs will actually TRY to STOP LABOR and B the baby can survive if it really did come?

I don't know how to get through this. I feel so lost and afraid and sick...I feel like I will never be whole again until I'm holding my dd in my arms.

Thanks for any advice.

netti02
March 10th, 2016, 05:10 PM
Sweetlily im really not sure what to say and couldn't possibly imagine what you are going through. Hopefully they have some answers with the autopsy to isolate this as a rare occurence and possibly put your mind at ease.

Id honestly be on nails with any future pregnancies so im sending a stack of healing dust your way.

Mum to 5 special princes

atomic sagebrush
March 10th, 2016, 08:41 PM
I don't think any of us (except those who have been through this) really have any good advice. :heart:

All I can say is what I did when I was pregnant with my DD at 42 (I was terrified every second) is that whenever I felt that fear coming over me I would just think "stick with me baby, stick with me" and I felt a sense of calm wash over me. I felt like at least even if she didn't make it, she would somehow know that feeling of love that I sent to her and that I really wanted her. EVen though it didn't do anything, it made me feel better.

mylittlegirl
March 11th, 2016, 03:42 PM
SweetLily, i am so sorry for your loss. I can't even begin to imagine.
I wish you the best.

girliedreamz
March 11th, 2016, 07:17 PM
I am so sorry for your loss! I had two losses last year—at 7 weeks and 11 weeks—which were completely devastating to me. I can't even imagined how much harder it would be at 17 weeks. My heart goes out to you!

I wish I had advise for you, but I'm 11 weeks along again now and terrified every freakin moment that I'm going to have another loss. There's no way not to be. I was convinced for at least the first 8 weeks that I for sure wasn't going to be able to carry to term and was already preparing for a loss. I'm sure the fear won't totlly disappear until I'm actually holding her in my arms.

Hugs!!!

more pink
March 12th, 2016, 05:03 AM
I had two miscarriages and went on to have full term babies keep and think positive I hope you get pregnant with a sticky pink bean soon ♡
Feel hugged 《》praying for you :)

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk