PDA

View Full Version : Girl sway, 1st Positive OPK - BD tonight or not??

Sallylou
March 17th, 2016, 08:55 AM
Hi I have two boys and am swaying for a girl. Last BD day 19, today is day 21 and first day of a positive OPK....do I BD tonight or is it too riskily close??

Erin514
March 17th, 2016, 11:56 AM
Personally, I wouldn't have sex again now, the sperm from day 19 will still be alive and kicking so it will count as two attempts and sway blue. If you're worried about timing it to coincide with ovulation I would say just wait until pos OPK to BD next cycle, or else don't test at all and just BD every 4 days so you don't have to stress. That way you won't find yourself in this situation again where you worry your attempt wasn't at the optimum time but you can't have another attempt yet.

atomic sagebrush
March 18th, 2016, 11:40 AM
I'm sorry I only just now saw this.

It partly depends on how big a hurry you're in to get pregnant.

Adding an attempt would be better odds of conception, but possiby may sway blue.
Sticking with CD 19 attempt (which you can get pregnant from but maybe not as easily) would be lower odds conception but may possibly sway pink.

So it's a balance to be struck between your personal needs and wishes here. :) HTH.

Teachermommy
March 19th, 2016, 10:10 AM
I have this same dilemma! Ttc a girl, bd'd Thursday evening, positive opk Saturday morning (today).....decisions, decisions! ;)

atomic sagebrush
March 19th, 2016, 05:34 PM
When in doubt, flip a coin. I know it sounds cray-cray but the fact is that is really all it comes down to anyway. We do not know at all what the best thing is, and we do, in the end, roll the dice at least figuratively speaking. Plus it's wayyy better for your sway than obsessing over pro-con lists for several hours trying to decide what the "perfect' solution - that may actually sway blue so just acknowledge the random chance involved in the first place and let the coin decide unless you have a strong opinion either way.

Teachermommy
March 19th, 2016, 08:33 PM
Thanks, Atomic! There really is no good that comes from debating what to do.
I told myself I wasn't going to stress about ttc anymore, but easier said than done!

Teachermommy
March 30th, 2016, 06:27 PM
Well I decided to see if the one attempt would be enough and it was, got my BFP today (10 dpo) on a digital!! ;) Can't wait to find out pink or blue. We have two amazing. boys already and I had an early (6 weeks) mc 5 months ago, so we will be happy either way! Praying this pregnancy sticks!!