PDA

View Full Version : PUPPS?

TaytumJ
March 18th, 2016, 07:34 AM
I'm 31 weeks tomorrow and I think I have Pruritic Urticarial Papules and Plaques. It started out as just a few little red itchy bumps on my forearms, and now is on my legs, abdomen, and arms. It's sooooo itchy, but not nearly as bad as some other women online!

Looks like though the doctors are pretty much like meh, it will go away after pregnancy, and don't really suggest anything other than Benedryl and OTC hydrocortisone cream. I have some hydrocortisone cream I've used on my arms/legs, but am nervous to use it on my abdomen. Anyone had this and have any remedies? I've looked online and everyone suggests Grandpa's Pine Tar, but I can't find anything recent that people might try? I have a sample of Babyorganics Eczema cream and I'm going to try that today on my abdomen, but didn't know if anyone else experienced this and had some remedies? The thought of this for the next 9 weeks makes me miserable! I wake up every hour scratching at night. [emoji17]

The only upside is that they say it's an allergic reaction to baby's DNA, and happens more often in moms carrying boys (70% more cases are boys). Maybe that's my silver lining! [emoji170]

Team green baby due May 21! [emoji170][emoji166]

jennypenny
March 18th, 2016, 08:02 AM
I had pupps with both my boys!!! It was so itchy and uncomfortable.

Doctors acted as though they had never heard of it, but I had researched it online then a midwife told me it definitely was too.

Creams and antihistamine didn't work for me and I ended up buying a spray that was AMAZING!! I will tell you the name of it when I get home later and find it .

It took the itch out of it completely. Totally agree about the link to pupp sufferers having boys, midwife told me she only ever knew of people getting it when pregnant with boys (I use do joke I was allergic to them lol!!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TaytumJ
March 18th, 2016, 09:08 AM
Thanks so much for checking Jennypenny!!! Ahhh!! The eczema cream seems to be helping right now, along with the bath.

And the info about your boys! We are hoping this little one is a boy, but stayed team green. Now at least there's a little bit of comfort in my itchiness! [emoji4]

XXforhubby
March 18th, 2016, 09:23 AM
I had PUPPS bad with DS1 and DS2 and very mild with DS3. The only thing that worked for me was putting a good body oil on followed by a good body cream. I LOVED the ones by Seed body care.

FX it means you have a sweet baby boy in there!!

[emoji170]DS1[emoji1379], DS2[emoji577], & DS3[emoji602] completes our family![emoji170]

jennypenny
March 18th, 2016, 09:23 AM
Oooh that's exciting!! I really hope it is a boy that's causing it :)

The spray I got was called salcura derma spray, really helped for me. It is used to treat eczema and psoriasis also apparently.
I liked spraying on as it was nice and fresh an the creams I had were so thick and icky!!

Hope it clears up soon for you xxx http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160318/61a3ae23e5eaa1986e1105398c834a13.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bluebooties
March 18th, 2016, 10:27 AM
I had it with my very first pregnancy and it was nasty bad hives such that my entire hand would look swollen and balooned up from the hives. But i was carring a girl 😊
I had to take antihistamines and topical steroids. That kept it comfortable but didnt take it away completely.
GL and hope u feel better soon

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

TaytumJ
March 18th, 2016, 01:42 PM
Thanks for all of the feedback ladies! I'm glad it's more common than it feels like - when I mentioned it to people at work they looked at me like I was crazy. Or contagious. [emoji6]

I'll see if I can find some of that spray! I'm going to give myself a week to self-medicate and see if I can find a good remedy to get me by. Otherwise I have an appt on the 24th so I'll mention it then and get something from then if I can't manage it. Luckily it seems like I only have a mild case right now, just still very uncomfortable, especially at night!

Throwaway_panther
March 21st, 2016, 09:30 AM
I'm sorry you have PUPPS (though I have to say, my first thought was, "Omgosh, she's probably getting her boy!)!