PDA

View Full Version : Not ovulating & Too low of calories?

felecia13
March 18th, 2016, 07:52 PM
Hello

So back story, TTC 4 years. Did Clomid last month, ovulated, no conception. I did 100mg this month, 99% sure I did NOT ovulate. All Neg OPK, no signs. Dr wouldnt do bloodwork since I O'd last time.

Well, went to my GP last Friday, and he suggested I loose weight. I am a little heavy ( I carry it well) I am a size 12, but 5'2 and 200 lbs (At my last RE appt in Dec).

He wants me on a crash diet, to boost my metabolism. 1000 calories, no more. 800 would be "great" if I could manage. Isn't this too low for ovulation? I have been sticking to around 12-1400 with cardio. I've already lost about 5 lbs (I'm 194-195 now)

He keeps pushing me to go even lower with my Calories, but I simply can't. I'm also very worried I won't ovulate. Advice?

BunnyGirl19
March 18th, 2016, 08:03 PM
I wouldn't go lower than what you are already on for calories, especially with working out. It's not healthy.

bunnywabbit
March 19th, 2016, 06:18 AM
Really??! 1200 calories is the minimum your body needs for basic function. Really shouldn't drop lower than that, certainly not for prolonged amounts of time, even 1200 isn't supposed to be continual, just once in a while as it's low. Thinking I'd want a second opinion, especially if you're exercising, that sounds wrong...

atomic sagebrush
March 19th, 2016, 05:40 PM
That is NUTS advice, it doesn't work to lose weight like that anyway. It does the opposite of boosting metabolism, it destroys your metabolism PERMANENTLY and you'll end up heavier in the long term.

Keep doing what you are doing. Even a small weight loss (like 5% of your overall body weight, which for you is only 10 lbs and you're halfway there) really makes a difference.

Are you on Atomic Fertility Diet?? That is what I'd recommend for you. It's in this thread 5 from the top. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-general-discussion/9052-swaying-under-special-circumstances-part-3-pcos.html

felecia13
March 20th, 2016, 01:13 PM
I need to add, my fasting blood sugar's were 50 and 60! My random gluclose was 80.

Atomic- i've actually been averaging around 1400 cal a day with exercise. And the Diet following is your fertility diet! I feel better, and definitely have more energy. I did my doctors 1000 cal diet for 3-4 days and almost lost my mind.

maidentomother
March 21st, 2016, 07:16 PM
Your GP is an idiot!

atomic sagebrush
March 22nd, 2016, 12:19 AM
they read something in a book in medical school and it becomes law to them. :/

Keep doing what you're doing, you're on the right track. :)