PDA

View Full Version : Fsh injections for infertility

Beautifulrainbow
March 23rd, 2016, 06:29 AM
I have been posting in the ttc girl section but this is probably a better place for it.
I started fsh injections yesterday after I had a scan which the nurse said everything is normal.
Did anyone have any side effects from the fsh injections.
I have a headache today. Is this a side effect?
How many peopl had this and it worked 1st time please?
Got another scan on Easter Monday and if no more than 3 folicals have developed I will be getting a trigger shot. Cant believe it could happen that fast I'm so excited

nuthinbutpink
March 23rd, 2016, 08:07 AM
All of us in the IVF section have used FSH for our cycles. It really comes down to your egg quality. FSH is a big step up from clomid and the goal is to produce multiple follicles or at least one robust follicle for you. Good luck with the cycle!

atomic sagebrush
March 23rd, 2016, 05:16 PM
No advice just :cheer: and excitement!

Beautifulrainbow
March 23rd, 2016, 05:40 PM
Much excitement here too after a year of ttc, I may finally get into the tww for the 1st time yay :fx:

Beautifulrainbow
March 28th, 2016, 09:28 AM
Went for a scan today and I hve just one beautiful folical in my left ovary measuring 14mm, I have to continue taking 50mg fsh for the next 3 days (already have done 6 days) and they said be is a go now, yay.
I said my concerns that last cycle on clomid it got to 12mm then vanished, nurse said "as this one has already passed that point it's most likely not going to do that and I'm continuing with the fsh anyway" I will have another scan on Wednesday and hopfully I will be ready for the trigger shot then.
If not ready, it should be on Friday. And I will have another scan on Friday.
It makes me wonder if my right ovary is working, because that last cycle 12mm was also on my left?
We bd last night next will be on Thursday doing e3d to increase the chances of getting pregnant. Should I bd on Wednesday instead if I get the trigger shot?

atomic sagebrush
March 29th, 2016, 03:54 PM
Ovaries don't alternate sides, that idea has been debunked. It's normal for most of us to have a dominant ovary that ovulates most of the time and then only every so often does the other one pop out an egg.

No one knows why, but sometimes when you're having trouble conceiving the left ovary is ovulating more often.

I think you need to BD on the day of the trigger IN ADDITION to e3d We need to be in with a good chance at that beautiful golden egg.

Beautifulrainbow
March 30th, 2016, 10:32 AM
http://genderdreaming.com/forum/trying-to-conceive-a-girl/54260-help-atomic-im-confused.html