PDA

View Full Version : Back to the drawing board... ;)

1moregirl
March 23rd, 2016, 11:22 PM
Onto my second day of AF today and feeling it. Plus coming up with a new plan of attack as I think I could well have DH on board fully this time round. Yay! Got a new lot of ubiquinol today and thinking of BD maybe every 3 days this next time plus not going to do me on top when BD this next time. Will just do good old missionary position with some preseed (as didn't use any preseed this last time) and may use diva cup afterwards or just lie for longer with hips slightly elevated. I might also get DH to take some sort of sup as he has been very tired and rundown. We'll see what happens,but I know there's going to be quite a few cheats in the fertility diet with Easter arriving in a few days time. ;) Happy Easter everyone! :)

nuthinbutpink
March 24th, 2016, 06:54 AM
Happy Easter and good luck!

squigglepink
March 24th, 2016, 08:55 AM
Lol, im so cheating this weekend! Cant be hiding all these eggs and not eating any!! :giggle:

atomic sagebrush
March 24th, 2016, 12:13 PM
I know I already droned on about this 1more but just wanted to state for others reading this, I really do not think the Diva Cup is a good idea to improve odds of conception.

1moregirl
March 25th, 2016, 01:17 AM
I know I already droned on about this 1more but just wanted to state for others reading this, I really do not think the Diva Cup is a good idea to improve odds of conception.

Ok. If you really don't think it's a good idea Atomic then I won't do it. Would you recommend me lying on my back afterwards with hips slightly elevated for a while instead? Also, to increase my odds of conception, should I try to fit in more than one BD attempt in fertile window? I was thinking of BD maybe every 3 days this time round. DH is still being stubborn about just the ONE attempt which is a dam pain in the butt if it is going to take me a few goes to conceive. Is there anything else you would have me do to up my odds of getting pregnant? Thanks. :)

1moregirl
March 25th, 2016, 01:35 AM
Menevit - Male Fertility Supplement - Elevit (http://www.elevit.com.au/the-elevit-range/menevit/?gclid=CM2304CO28sCFQF7vQoddBAGkA)

Here's the link to the menevit supp that is supposed to help out with sperm quality in men. What do you think Atomic? I was thinking of getting my DH to take this if he is willing.

essnce629
March 25th, 2016, 04:41 AM
Menevit - Male Fertility Supplement - Elevit (http://www.elevit.com.au/the-elevit-range/menevit/?gclid=CM2304CO28sCFQF7vQoddBAGkA)

Here's the link to the menevit supp that is supposed to help out with sperm quality in men. What do you think Atomic? I was thinking of getting my DH to take this if he is willing.

I would probably just have him take olive leaf extract as it appears to improve sperm quality AND sway girl.

1moregirl
March 25th, 2016, 05:43 AM
Thanks Essence. Is OLE in liquid or capsule form? Or should I be asking which is best? :)

nicoler
March 25th, 2016, 09:12 AM
Just a heads up- the liquid form of OLE is very brutal to take!! My DH isn't that much of a baby and he just bristled every time he had to take his dose. It is very bitter and leaves a bad aftertaste. He didn't care too much as were invested in an ivf cycle, but yours might not be so willing if he knows it's for anything related to ttc. It is good for immune functioning though!

essnce629
March 25th, 2016, 04:21 PM
We do the capsule form. Two 450mg capsules a day.

1moregirl
March 25th, 2016, 07:11 PM
Just a heads up- the liquid form of OLE is very brutal to take!! My DH isn't that much of a baby and he just bristled every time he had to take his dose. It is very bitter and leaves a bad aftertaste. He didn't care too much as were invested in an ivf cycle, but yours might not be so willing if he knows it's for anything related to ttc. It is good for immune functioning though!

Thanks for sharing that Hun. That's great to know. Yes the last thing I want to do is put DH off the idea altogether with a bitter tasting supplement. Lol! Good luck to you with your girl sway. Xx

1moregirl
March 25th, 2016, 07:17 PM
We do the capsule form. Two 450mg capsules a day.

Thanks Essence. That is what we'll do then. Can he take both the two 450mg capsules together or like one in morning and one in evening? This is all sooo difficult for me. Maybe I should just forget about swaying for a gender and be more focused on just getting pregnant with a healthy baby??? And of course it doesn't help when DH is only planning on agreeing to 'one' try. Yesterday I even asked him "Why are you even bothering agreeing to just one try if you don't even want a beautiful little baby out of it?" God men can be so darned selfish....argh!

essnce629
March 25th, 2016, 11:33 PM
My DH takes both capsules together. They are good for overall health and boosting the immune system too.

atomic sagebrush
March 26th, 2016, 05:39 PM
to up odds of conception in no particular order

female O
lay flat longer
Robi/Muci
Preseed or other sperm safe jelly
add attempts

atomic sagebrush
March 26th, 2016, 05:39 PM
:agree: with nicoler that's why I recommend the capsules instead

atomic sagebrush
March 26th, 2016, 05:41 PM

This is really one of those crystal ball questions. I do think they tend to sway blue but tons of people still get girls on them. I personally doubt that most vitamins are any kind of magic for sperm health and quality esp. in the short term so I would follow your heart on that.