PDA

View Full Version : SMEP question

1moregirl
March 25th, 2016, 02:09 AM
"By the time a home pregnancy test is positive, your baby has safely implanted and your odds of miscarriage are down to a normal 10%." I found this quote by Deanna on the page about the Sperm Meets Egg Plan. Is this true? I guess that statistic is not relevant for us older Mums though is it? Anyway, I am thinking of doing this plan this next attempt Atomic (since DH is still being stubborn about just the one shot). so BD from CD 8 every other day(or every 3 days), with one shot the night of first pos OPK, then the next two nights after, skip a night and then one last shot. Do you think this would be a good idea for me when I am more pressed for time and limited opportunities? Thanks.

Throwaway_panther
March 25th, 2016, 04:54 AM
I could definitely be wrong, and I know frequency isn't the end all be all and might need to change for older moms, but this seems closer to boy swaying frequency?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

1moregirl
March 25th, 2016, 07:21 PM
Yes I know but right now I'm just worried that one BD attempt in my fertile window isn't going to be enough. I think I've gone into panic mode a bit and thinking it's not going to happen for me. I don't know. Will see if Atomic suggests something also. Thanks for your reply Panther. Also, have you posted your sway somewhere? I'd love to read it. :)

essnce629
March 25th, 2016, 11:30 PM
I think Atomic would suggest BD'ing every 4 days plus an additional attempt at +opk.

Throwaway_panther
March 26th, 2016, 07:02 AM
Yes I know but right now I'm just worried that one BD attempt in my fertile window isn't going to be enough. I think I've gone into panic mode a bit and thinking it's not going to happen for me. I don't know. Will see if Atomic suggests something also. Thanks for your reply Panther. Also, have you posted your sway somewhere? I'd love to read it. :)
Haven't actively swayed yet! Came here after already being pregnant with a girl and discovered I had unintentionally swayed for one lol. Not sure if posting a "sway" would count for me but maybe I should since I've been asked by so many people!

I think your overall LE diet/lifestyle will be most important in your sway, though. For what it's worth, we had sex 3 times in my guessed fertile window (2 days at the beginning,one day at the end; wasn't using OPKs and was going off of the Ovia fertility app)

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

atomic sagebrush
March 26th, 2016, 05:23 PM
Statistics are NEVER relevant for anyone as an individual. It is across a population. It's not the way you're thinking of it where it's like a game of bingo or something and you've got 9 white balls and a red one and then that's that. Some people are way MORE likely to have miscarriages, others way LESS, but across the whole population that's how it shakes out. Additionally there is a lot of conflicting info about what rates of losses even ARE, how fast fertility drops off over 40, etc. So, long story short, it doesn't matter, and is not something you should worry about or put too much stock into. Your chances are what they are and the rates across the population average out. Some pregnancies are 100% doomed to fail from the moment of conception.

I LOVE SMEP for anyone who is ready to pull the trigger and get pregnant.

atomic sagebrush
March 26th, 2016, 05:25 PM
I think Atomic would suggest BD'ing every 4 days plus an additional attempt at +opk.

:agree: I like people to progress from one attempt, to e4d, to e4d plus one OR e3d, BUT if a person is really ready to get pregnant, SMEP can't be beat.

1moregirl
March 26th, 2016, 09:41 PM
If I had loads of time I would keep on going the e4 days plus one attempt at pos OPK but if DH is going to allow me just one shot at this then I think I need to give it a pretty darn good job and get more than one attempt into the fertile window. I'm also going to get DH onto that OLE. I wish DH wasn't so stubborn about this. We'll see how we go.

atomic sagebrush
March 29th, 2016, 01:42 PM
:agree: SMEP for you is what I"d recommend!