PDA

View Full Version : Coming out of lurk mode. :)

Katt2275
March 25th, 2016, 10:19 PM
Hi everyone, My name is Katherine. I turned 41 this past February. I am married and have 1 DS who is 9 years old. For various reasons, (job losses, health issues, etc.) we have not tried to have another child. I was willing, but it was too much for my husband to consider.

A couple months ago, I finally told him that I did not feel like our family is complete, and that I'm afraid I would have lasting resentment towards him if he wouldn't try for 1 more.

Well, He agreed!! :) I know there will be at least a 10 year age gap, but I don't think we'll regret it. So, One main reason he agreed is because he wants a girl. So, I had previously researched the Shettles method, but ended up finding this site, and am impressed with all of the successful sways.

I have already been following the LE diet for about a month. I know I should give it at least 12 weeks, but it's tempting to do less because of my age, and fear that my DH will change his mind. I would love a girl too, so we'll see. It took me 1 cycle to get pregnant 10 years ago, but I know it may take longer now. It's nice to meet all of you. :)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

more pink
March 25th, 2016, 10:44 PM
Hi there, you're not that old to get pregnant I hope you get your little girl very soon :-)

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

XXforhubby
March 26th, 2016, 12:43 AM
Hi and welcome! I'm so glad you found us!

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say you should most definitely try this month! I would be reluctant to skip months, while you got pregnant easily 9 years ago, you're older now. A lot may, or may not, have changed with your fertility, and you want to be in position to catch Goldie the Golden Egg. I would try now and keep doing the diet well until you end up with a BFP. I would hate to see you wait to try until 12 weeks, and then it ends up a while until you get a BFP. Plus with fickle DH's like yours and mine, you don't want t him to change his mind! He's agreed to- so go for it!!

FX and GL to you!

[emoji170]DS1[emoji1379], DS2[emoji577], & DS3[emoji602][emoji170][emoji166]One last pink sway 2016[emoji166]

Katt2275
March 26th, 2016, 01:14 AM
Thank you More Pink and XX. XX - I have had the same feeling...that I should go ahead and start trying this month. Actually, I wish I had started last month. Both DH and I were sick with a terrible sinus infection, and I know that can help sway girl.

I'm on CD4 right now, so I should be ovulating around the first week of April, which is also our wedding anniversary week. I'm going to strongly consider going ahead with it.

1moregirl
March 26th, 2016, 01:38 AM
Welcome Katt. It's soooo nice to have another older Mum on board and I'm going to be cheeky here and say you are a spring chicken compared with me at 44 so you'll be fine. I had my third child at 40 (gave birth to him 2 months before I turned 41) and all was fine. Now that I'm 43 and 44 have found things harder so I would suggest to start trying this cycle as well. I am actually CD 3 or 4 myself today as well but this cycle will be our second attempt. Good luck to you and I hope you get your little girl. :)

Katt2275
March 26th, 2016, 02:12 AM
Thank you 1moregirl. Lol @ the spring chicken comment. :)

Best of luck to you too! :)

atomic sagebrush
March 26th, 2016, 05:10 PM
Hi Katt! I got my DD at 41 and I know it's possible! Time is not our friend here so I urge you to proceed right away - you may not even get pregnant the first month or two and you'd end up with enough time on diet anyway.

I have a huge age gap too for similar reasons - no money, health issues, etc. We have 13 years between our first two and our second three.

Nice to "meet" you and let me know how I can help.

Katt2275
March 26th, 2016, 05:54 PM
Thank you Atomic. I do have a question about opks. I have never used one before. I bought one of the Clear Blue Easy ones that gives a smiley face for high and peak fertile days. Should I make my attempt at the first smiley face?

Thanks!

atomic sagebrush
March 26th, 2016, 05:58 PM
first SOLID smiley unless you want to start off with cutoff (which doesn't work and cuts odds of conception a lot)

Little Lunasa
March 27th, 2016, 12:27 PM
Welcome and best of luck. As the others have said better not to hang around, get ttc straight away. I got my DD at 43 so totally possible ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1moregirl
March 28th, 2016, 01:28 AM
Welcome and best of luck. As the others have said better not to hang around, get ttc straight away. I got my DD at 43 so totally possible ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Little Lunasa - did your DH take any supps or change his diet when you swayed for your daughter? Thanks.

Little Lunasa
March 28th, 2016, 05:24 PM
Little Lunasa - did your DH take any supps or change his diet when you swayed for your daughter? Thanks.

Hi 1more, the only thing he did was take olive leaf extract, he didn't change diet or lifestyle at all. He's a big meat eater and doesn't drink or smoke x

1moregirl
March 28th, 2016, 10:01 PM
Thanks for your reply Little Lunasa. I'm getting my DH OLe today. :) I also must find and read your sway details again.