PDA

View Full Version : My plan

Katt2275
March 26th, 2016, 07:40 PM
Thank you everyone for welcoming me yesterday. Here is what I'm planning on doing to help sway for a girl. I'd like to also add that DH is 46 and diabetic. It is under control pretty much with medication, but it does make me worry a little more that his higher blood sugar could sway boy more.

LE diet
Supps for me:
Folic acid
Aspirin - I had a rare variant of preeclampsia called HELLP syndrome that started at 39 weeks with my son, and aspirin is recommended for women with that history)
I'm not having DH take anything, but please let me know if you have any suggestions
At least 60 minutes of cardio most days
Wine with dinner
Fiber supplement
1 attempt at positive opk

How does this look?

Thank you! :)

more pink
March 26th, 2016, 08:50 PM
Promising for pink :-)
Best wishes. .
Ps my dad was diabetic we're 6 girls ;-)

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

1moregirl
March 26th, 2016, 09:58 PM
Sounds like a good plan Katt and I hope it doesn't take you long to get a BFP. What fibre supp are you going to take? That's one thing I hadn't thought of that I might add to mine. What wine do you drink - can be a sweet white for girl sway? Hope so...that's the only wine I like. Anyway, all the best for your sway and keep us posted every step of the way. Let's cross our fingers we both get a BFP this cycle. :)

maidentomother
March 27th, 2016, 11:42 AM
Looks fantastic!

Sweet wine is fine for pink.

Katt2275
March 27th, 2016, 02:25 PM
Sounds like a good plan Katt and I hope it doesn't take you long to get a BFP. What fibre supp are you going to take? That's one thing I hadn't thought of that I might add to mine. What wine do you drink - can be a sweet white for girl sway? Hope so...that's the only wine I like. Anyway, all the best for your sway and keep us posted every step of the way. Let's cross our fingers we both get a BFP this cycle. :)
1moregirl - I'm taking a fiber supplement called Benefiber. It comes in a little packet and you mix it with water. As far as wine, I've been drinking a white Chardonnay. It's not very sweet, but I think a sweet wine would be fine too. From what I've read on this site, pretty much any kind of alcohol is good to help sway pink.

Thank you, and fx and tons of pink dust to you too! :)

atomic sagebrush
March 29th, 2016, 03:21 PM
It's looking great to me!!! My sister had HELLP it's terrifying!!!

His blood sugar doesn't matter, only yours. I am nervous about giving him any supps at all given his age and health and I would just go with it.

atomic sagebrush
March 29th, 2016, 03:31 PM
any alcohol is fine, if it's very sugary sweet have it with a meal (technically all alcohol should be with a meal but this is one thing many of us, myself included, have fudged a bit on)

Katt2275
March 30th, 2016, 01:01 AM
It's looking great to me!!! My sister had HELLP it's terrifying!!!

His blood sugar doesn't matter, only yours. I am nervous about giving him any supps at all given his age and health and I would just go with it.
Thank you Atomic. Yes, HELLP was a nightmare. It is one of the reasons why we put off trying for another for so long. The chance of it happening again really scares us. I was fortunate that I made it to 39 weeks before it developed. A lot of mothers get it much earlier, and the baby's life is at risk from having to be delivered way too early. I'm glad your sister made it through okay.

1moregirl
March 30th, 2016, 07:44 PM
Good luck with your plan Katt. Let us know when your first attempt comes up. It's soooo super exciting!

Katt2275
March 30th, 2016, 09:55 PM
Good luck with your plan Katt. Let us know when your first attempt comes up. It's soooo super exciting!
Thank you 1moregirl. Same to you. I'm on CD 9 now. I started testing with an opk today. So far, they've been negative. Are you using an opk also?

Thank you Atomic. Yes, HELLP was a nightmare. It is one of the reasons why we put off trying for another for so long. The chance of it happening again really scares us. I was fortunate that I made it to 39 weeks before it developed. A lot of mothers get it much earlier, and the baby's life is at risk from having to be delivered way too early. I'm glad your sister made it through okay.

1moregirl
March 31st, 2016, 01:43 AM
Oohs exciting......good luck. Yes I do use OPKs. I usually use the Ovuplan test strips and when I get a positive with that I confirm with clear blue digital o test. But I'm not that keen on the test strips. I really prefer clear blue (without the dual hormone indicator) but these are expensive to buy and I buy them online because I cannot find them in any pharmacies. I will be buying more of those on Mon when I get paid. As I have only 2 left from last time. Fingers crossed we both get a BFP. :)

atomic sagebrush
March 31st, 2016, 01:58 PM
Yes she had her daughter at 33 weeks and she only weighed 3 lbs but is doing fine now. They decided not to have any more (lucky overall though becaue they had a boy and a girl) Good luck and let me know how I can help.