PDA

View Full Version : Planning a Blue Sway in a couple of months

ssableu
March 29th, 2016, 02:22 PM
I have just come of BCP and am now starting supplements (wish I had started earlier!). So, I want to wait a couple of cycles to TTC. Is the safest thing, to avoid BD until a couple of days after ovulation? In the past, I get a positive OPK on CD 11 but that was of course a few years ago and before supplements.

Other question - I am trying to drink Green Tea but if I can't stand it, would a Green Tea supplement be something to start? I also do not care for V8 juice. How critical is that? Should I take the Brewer's Yeast Capsules regardless?

Thank you ladies!

atomic sagebrush
March 29th, 2016, 06:09 PM
Can you not have intercourse using some kind of protection??

Green tea supps intstead of the actual tea is fine. Brewer's Yeast is also a good addition.

Dont' worry if you don't like v8. There's no magic to it, you can have some other kind of juice or NO juice instead.

ssableu
March 29th, 2016, 07:02 PM
Yes of course I could...I guess I've just been on the pill so long, I "forgot" there are other methods of prevention, lol...we've just never used anything else!

The Anchor
March 30th, 2016, 01:46 PM
More frequent BD is best for DHs sperm :)

atomic sagebrush
March 31st, 2016, 12:34 PM
Ha ha gotcha - I'd have you guys do reg release in SOME way or the other every 2-4 days.

ssableu
April 6th, 2016, 09:08 PM
Ok thank you! One more question - is it ok to continue with Green Tea and Brewer's Yeast supplements throughout my whole cycle or do I need to stop them after O?

atomic sagebrush
April 7th, 2016, 06:34 PM
They're both fine to continue!!

dancingdiva88
September 20th, 2016, 06:52 AM
Sorry to barge in - what supplements are you on for TTC a boy if you don't mind me being nosey? What are the best to be on?

atomic sagebrush
September 21st, 2016, 08:41 PM
I generally feel that most of the commonly used blue sway supps are either pointless, sway pink, or are dangerous to you or a potential pregnancy.

I have most people take fish oil, prenatal, additional folic up to 2000 mcg, additional Vit. D up to 1000IU. Some people use evening primrose oil from AF-O only. I have some people use Coq10 as well as it may help your body deal with the extra cals in the blue sway diet.

Most of the things like herbs and baking soda drinks don't work and are dangerous and some even sway pink. I would be happy to comment on anything you are specifically wondering about.

dancingdiva88
September 22nd, 2016, 01:44 AM
Thanks atomic. I'm currently taking a prenatal, EPO and vitamin E. Will definitely get some folic acid and Vitamin D supps too. I've heard probiotics help to sway blue, is this true?

atomic sagebrush
September 23rd, 2016, 08:55 PM
Oh yes we did get good results with probiotic as well, I'm sorry I missed that one! :agree:

I would leave out the additional Vit. E. There is more than enough in your prenatal and high dose Vit E may inhibit cell division and affect lining negatively

dancingdiva88
September 24th, 2016, 12:49 AM
Wow...good to know about the additional Vitamin E.

dancingdiva88
September 24th, 2016, 12:52 AM
Also what kind of supps should hubby be on? I've got him on a men's multivitamin and additional Vitamin E. Should he have anything else?

atomic sagebrush
September 24th, 2016, 02:49 PM
He needs to ditch the Vit. E too. Cell division is what makes sperm.

I like everyone on a higher dose of Vit. D - 1000 IU for both of you.

How old is he?? Is he in good physical condition and his age???

dancingdiva88
September 26th, 2016, 01:39 AM
He's turning 30 on Thursday actually. Non-smoker, barely ever drinks. Not a big exerciser but goes on daily walks with the dog - definitely not overweight or anything. No physical problems or issues, no allergies etc and eats quite well except for a cheat McDonald's or KFC meal once a fortnight or so. I'll get him on to additional vitamin D too.

atomic sagebrush
September 26th, 2016, 01:45 PM
In that case he can do the carnitine and arginine if he wants to.

dancingdiva88
September 27th, 2016, 02:46 AM
I'm sorry atomic but I'm not sure what those two things are?? Carnitine and arginine??

atomic sagebrush
September 28th, 2016, 03:10 PM
They are two amino acid derivatives that men take to help build healthy sperm and raise T levels.

Carnitine (L-carnitine) | University of Maryland Medical Center (http://umm.edu/health/medical/altmed/supplement/carnitine-lcarnitine)
Arginine (L-arginine): Heart Benefits and Side Effects (http://www.webmd.com/heart/arginine-heart-benefits-and-side-effects#1)

I usually give 50-100 mg of both of them to blue swayers' hubbies, who are young and have no history of heart disease

dancingdiva88
September 30th, 2016, 08:01 AM
Cheers for that atomic. Hubby definitely needs to raise his testosterone - he's flat out growing the scantest beard and he gets mistaken as a student at the school where he is a head of faculty. What supplements contain those two things or are they actually supplements/pills themselves?

atomic sagebrush
September 30th, 2016, 07:30 PM
That is not testosterone though, that is genetics!! My husband was the exact same way and we had 2 sons like a full decade before he could grow a moustache!! :)

They are actually supps themselves, widely available online or in the chemist usually.

E.Renny
October 4th, 2016, 06:26 PM
I'm new to all of this, so just trying to clarify before I start my blue sway.

We don't want to fall pregnant until late Jan/Feb 2017, I'm on the mini pill, should I stop now?

Also, I thought it was hubby that should take Co Q10, should I take it as well?

I'm also getting differing opinions about carnitine and arginine. Is this just for hubby, or should I be taking it as well?

This is all very overwhelming, so I want to get as much info as possible before I begin.

Thanks!!!

atomic sagebrush
October 5th, 2016, 02:16 PM
I would stop the pill now and use barrier birth control instead (like condoms) because the hormonal effect of the pill may sway pink.

You can also take the coq10 if you want to. :agree: may help build muscle mass and keep you from gaining tons on HE Diet.

Only for hubby. We had terrible results with making cycles longer with wives taking arginine. I have never recommended carnitine for wives.

E.Renny
October 5th, 2016, 04:43 PM
Thank you so much! This really helps. Hopefully I'll get my little blue bundle ��

hopesforaboy
September 8th, 2017, 10:02 AM
I plan on buying the boy sway what supplements would you suggest for a man 35 he smokes has cut down a lot and drinks at the weekend thanks

atomic sagebrush
September 8th, 2017, 02:56 PM
Men's One a Day Over 50 (even though he isn't over 50)
Fish oil
Carnitine and Arginine
Probiotic

Those are the most important things (and honestly the carnitine and arginine are debatable)

hopesforaboy
September 9th, 2017, 04:28 AM
Ok many thanks I am currently on holiday back on the 18th and will be purchasing the boy plan. I have been filling my amazon basket with things so far I have pre seed, wheatgrass capsules, robuttisin (cough stuff), green tea capsules. Coq10. I have Crohn's disease and very low iron I recently had an iron infusion I am going to get my levels checked in a few weeks to see if I need more iron. I don't absorb well hence why I can't take iron tablets or they have little affect. My cycles are fairly regular 24-29 days. I have seen some pre conception supplements which I plan to take soon. I am taking methylfolate as I have read some negative things about folic acid and it being a bi product of methylfolate. The ingredients in the pre conception tablets are as follows is there anything in them that will affect my boy sway. I feel so over whelmed by it all worried I am going to do it wrong hence why purchasing the plan is best for me. Do I take all the supplements listed? My partner is very much on board with all this and is open to try whatever it takes .
Key Ingredients in the pre conception ����
The bespoke formula focuses on key ingredients demonstrated through research to support a healthy conception whether naturally or through assisted conception. These specific nutrients include:
- Zinc for healthy fertility and reproduction
- Vitamin B6 for the regulation of hormonal activity
- Vitamin B12, Iron, Magnesium, Selenium and Vitamin D to contribute to healthy cell division, provide protection against cell damage and support immune health
-Food-State Fertility includes the Department of Health's recommended dose of 400iu of Folic Acid, stores of which are best developed in the 3 months prior to pregnancy
- This unique formulation has the added support of other key ingredients: Inositol, Choline, Beta-Carotene, Amino Acids, L-Methionine and N-Acetyl Cysteine to support egg quality
- Organic Beetroot powder to nourish iron stores
- Cordyceps Sinensis powder for extra support during a time of potentially greater physiological and psychological demand

atomic sagebrush
September 9th, 2017, 11:27 AM
Stay off the wheatgrass and green tea capsules. I am no longer having people use those in capsule form. I feel like super high intake of those two things (either most commonly in supplements, but a few people were really chugging the green tea as well) has been associated with people who went on to get opposites. Stick to wheatgrass juice and green tea only and use in moderation.

Methylfolate is great, totally better if you can afford it.

I don't like the sound of those supplements. The Inositol has swayed very strongly pink for us and you don't need it anyway. Are there megadoses of B vitamins in there (sounds like the kind that has megadoses) If so, all the more reason to avoid it. Megadose B vitamins have really, really messed up people's cycles. I never recommend Cordyceps and I cannot speak to its safety or how it may sway because no one has used it. I only recommend things I have seen several people use and get boys, and I cannot sign off on that supp, sorry.

hopesforaboy
September 9th, 2017, 02:23 PM
Ok thanks that's good to know I will avoid that. I have methylfolate already. I Will look for a different conception multi vitamin. So the multi vitamin plus the coq10 is all I need to take for my blue sway. I can't drink green tea it makes me vomit I was drinking it in a morning a few months back and I thought I was pregnant the sickness was that bad soon as I came off the tea it stopped. Will my low iron sway pink? Thanks for all your help looking forward to starting this plan in a few weeks x

atomic sagebrush
September 10th, 2017, 01:26 PM
Oh yes green tea is a total gut bomb, occasionally I'll think "hm I really should drink green tea for health" and then I try and my stomach is a total disaster until I stop. I have been able to drink the iced green tea, or black tea also sways blue (if anything I think black tea may be more blue friendly than green and I got all 4 of my boys while drinking copious amounts of it.)

I am not convinced iron sways either way. We do need to get it fixed for your overall ability to get and stay pregnant.

We have had good luck with blue swayers being sure to get 1000 IU Vit. D and also taking probiotics. So if you have less than that in your vitamin, add in some vitamin D, and also add in probiotics.

Were you taking fish oil or DHA? Anything else?

hopesforaboy
September 11th, 2017, 02:19 AM
I am currently taking chlorealla which is a sea algae and these bee prepared immune tablets just for health more than anything. They have bee propolis olive leaf extract a Arceola Cherry beta glucans and and elderberry. Should I cut this out? I take vitamin D but havent for the last few weeks as on holiday in 44 degrees heat and don't tend to high factor spf so figured I didn't need it. I will resume vit d on return. I was following a vegan diet too. Going to revert back due to the blue sway. I need to get come conception vitamins I have methylfolate already at home.

I drink tons of tea but not black guess I will have to try stomach that. I try to eat loads of organic food too. What probiotics should I take? My period is due now but taking some tablets to postpone until I am home never taken any birth controls or anything like that. I have attached a photo of some probiotics Ive found with the ingredients on. Also some vitamins. Should I start taking fish oils?

37651 37650

atomic sagebrush
September 11th, 2017, 03:58 PM
NO. Those need to go right away. Both the chorella and the immune tablets.

Yes readd the Vit. D back in. It's not so much D from the sun that seems to sway, the tablets really do seem to help with blue.

I can't get a good read on the probiotics but any kind are fine as long as they're a brand name you recognize.

"preconception" vitamins are many times not the best as they always seem to cram a lot of herbs and megadose vitamins in them. I'd stick with 100% DRV of most things (except D which as we already mentioned you may want to take more of that.)

Just regular tea IS black tea, so if you're having normal "orange pekoe" tea that is what I mean when I say "black".