PDA

View Full Version : 5 day gap between BD...oops! Advice please

1moregirl
April 3rd, 2016, 01:24 AM
Ok, so the plan was for us to do SMEP this cycle which means BD every other day starting st CD 8. Well things went a bit skewhiffy last few days and DH has had to work a few times at night so we BD CD 5, then CD 7 and then a big gap and not until this morning on CD 12. Have I missed things up or will it not matter so much? I usually don't O until CD 16 or 17, so what should our pattern be for the rest of the cycle? I usually get my first pos OPK on CD 16 and I know we have to BD for 3 nights in a row when I get that first pos, but when should we next BD to keep things flowing? Should we wait and next BD on CD 14? This sounds easy when you read about it but when putting it into practice it is quite difficult, especially when you don't have regular cycles.

maidentomother
April 3rd, 2016, 03:29 AM
Just go EOD until pos OPK. Do BD next on CD14. Good luck hun!

1moregirl
April 3rd, 2016, 05:45 AM
Thanks Maiden. I just panicked today because I didn't want such a big gap between BD but sounds ok. Yes will wait til CD 14 next, although....it is DH's birthday tomorrow....hehehe! ;) fingers crossed. I soooo enjoyed having cuddles with a friend's 9 week old baby yesterday and it just made me crave another even more. It was nice catching my DH holding the baby too and clucking away. Thanks again Maiden and good luck to you also. :)

atomic sagebrush
April 4th, 2016, 01:33 PM
It won't mess anything up, worst that could happen is may cut odds of conception.

Just pick up the SMEP pattern eod now and then hit it with the 3 attempts at pos OPK

atomic sagebrush
April 4th, 2016, 01:34 PM
Please have sex with your husband on his birthday. Seriously. That will not hurt anything at all and you need to keep in mind that "if daddy ain't happy ain't nobody happy"

1moregirl
April 4th, 2016, 08:01 PM
Thanks Atomic. Didn't happen last night anyway but that's ok. Will make sure it happens tonight tho. ;) I don't know why, but I'm feeling defeated in my quest for a final baby. I keep thinking my miscarriage last year was the final chapter of my babymaking days. How can I change that way of thinking? I'm also still worried that that D & C I had has left scarring and now I won't be able to conceive again. I know I sound like such a pessimist. Maybe it is better to feel this way and that way if I did get a BFP I wouldn't get my hopes up too high or something?

MrsGoodies
April 5th, 2016, 11:44 AM
You've had several months to recover and your bleeding pattern looks normal with high, medium and low flow days. If you had scarring there would be hardly any bleeding at all.

Because you had an emergency d&c the doctors skipped the D (dialation part) and only did the c (curettage). cervical incomptence is a side effect of forceful dialation so you dont need to worry.

Also, the odds of scarring after a emergency d&c is only 6% vs 30% after an elective d&c. (94% chance you have NO SCARRING)

You will be fine. I'd be more concerned about popping out a good quality egg which is about 50% over 40 y.

Relax & enjoy the BD....i'm jealous :)

1moregirl
April 5th, 2016, 07:58 PM
Enjoy the BD...haha! No need to be jealous Hun. DH is being a MAJOR PITA and party pooper. I won't go into details again as posted a separate thread about my new dilemmas. :(

atomic sagebrush
April 7th, 2016, 05:51 PM
It's not pessimistic, it's realistic to accept that it may not happen. It will be great if it does though!!