PDA

View Full Version : Torn between attempting this cycle or next.

Katt2275
April 5th, 2016, 06:36 PM
Hi everyone,

I got my first solid smiley face today on my Clearblue ovulation test. I am now in a bit of a panic regarding whether I should attempt this month or next. I've only been on the LE diet for about a month, and I've seriously slacked with my cardio.

DH and I REALLY want a girl, and I want to be able to look back and feel like I gave it my best shot, but I also know with my age (41) that time is not on my side.

Thanks for listening. [emoji4]

Beau82
April 5th, 2016, 06:46 PM
I would give it a go! You're moving in a pink direction. And there is no guarantee you'll conceive on your first try anyway. Have you been drinking coffee/alcohol everyday?

Katt2275
April 5th, 2016, 07:13 PM
I would give it a go! You're moving in a pink direction. And there is no guarantee you'll conceive on your first try anyway. Have you been drinking coffee/alcohol everyday?
Thanks Beau82. No, I haven't been drinking coffee or alcohol. I've just been following the LE diet (most of the time) and skipping breakfast. Those things along with just 1 attempt, are the only strong sway factors that I have going for me this month.

Thanks for your feedback! [emoji4]

1moregirl
April 5th, 2016, 07:52 PM
I say go for it as well honey. You are lucky you have a willing DH so yep go for it. It could take more than one shot so start now. And good luck. Hope you get lucky first go. :)

Beau82
April 5th, 2016, 08:03 PM
Those are still great sway tactics! I really think those are the two most important in fact. Good luck if you decide to attempt!

MrsGoodies
April 6th, 2016, 03:23 AM
If this is your LAST shot then I would wait a month. If you get pg and it doesn't work you will be second guessing and kicking yourself. A month waiting will just make your sway STRONGER and with no regrets.

maidentomother
April 6th, 2016, 11:47 AM
Do you only want a girl or another baby regardless? If the former, I would wait.

Katt2275
April 7th, 2016, 05:33 PM
Thank you everyone for your feedback. I've decided to wait until May. This is definitely our last baby, and potentially a big risk for us since I could develop the dangerous complication that I had at the end of my last pregnancy. I want to know that I gave it my best shot.

atomic sagebrush
April 7th, 2016, 06:10 PM
As you know, time is not our friend here and we never know when it's the last fresh egg in the carton. I prefer that you guys not skip months over 40 for anything short of an act of God.

atomic sagebrush
April 7th, 2016, 06:12 PM
Seriously, do not skip this month and wait until May. I am begging you. At 41 (which was the age I conceived my daughter) we may only make 1-2 good eggs in a whole year. What if THIS is the month "Goldie the Golden Egg" shows up and if you don't try this month, it may be several months before you get another shot at a good egg.

No one over 40 should skip months.

Katt2275
April 7th, 2016, 06:16 PM
Thanks Atomic. Unfortunately, I think it may be too late for this cycle. I believe I ovulated yesterday. Not sure though. [emoji46]

Katt2275
April 7th, 2016, 06:41 PM
Atomic, My solid smiley face happened on Tuesday afternoon. Do you think conception could still happen if we BD tonight?

maidentomother
April 8th, 2016, 04:42 AM
It's always possible.

1moregirl
April 9th, 2016, 06:58 AM
Good luck Katt. How did you go?

atomic sagebrush
April 9th, 2016, 01:10 PM
when in doubt, attempt. all the gadgets and gizmos can be wrong, but the one fact stays true...no sex = no baby.

Katt2275
April 9th, 2016, 11:28 PM
We did the BD tonight. I'm pretty sure it's too late this cycle, but we'll see. Thanks for your feedback! [emoji4]

1moregirl
April 10th, 2016, 02:01 AM
You never know Katt. And if it was too late you can just put it down to a practise run and you'll get it all right next time. Good luck though. :)

Katt2275
April 12th, 2016, 01:43 AM
You never know Katt. And if it was too late you can just put it down to a practise run and you'll get it all right next time. Good luck though. :)
Thank you. I really believe it was too late for me this time, so I'm not considering myself to be in the 2ww, but like you said, it's possible. [emoji4]

atomic sagebrush
April 15th, 2016, 10:56 AM
Keep us posted!!!

Katt2275
April 16th, 2016, 03:28 AM
I will. Thanks! [emoji4]