PDA

View Full Version : Urgent advice please

1moregirl
April 8th, 2016, 06:29 PM
So we got a bd attempt in yesterday morn at 4am. I could O today or tomorrow as this morning BBT was still below coverline. Should we get another attempt in? Or would that be boy zone? I dont really want to spoil my chances of a girl when I've put so much time, effort, money, etc into my girl sway.

mommymachine
April 8th, 2016, 06:58 PM
Yay I'm so glad you got an attempt in!!!!!

I almost want to tell you to go for another attempt, because your DH might not give you another chance next cycle....but I know how badly you want a girl, so I'm torn.

Mommy to 5 with number 6 due in June!!

MrsGoodies
April 8th, 2016, 11:04 PM
Hi 1moregirl,

I PM you.

Fingers cross

essnce629
April 8th, 2016, 11:59 PM

I almost want to tell you to go for another attempt, because your DH might not give you another chance next cycle....but I know how badly you want a girl, so I'm torn.

Yes to this exactly. I'd get in another attempt in your specific situation.

1moregirl
April 9th, 2016, 03:32 AM
Ok. I will try, but he is sick at the moment with cold and sore throat so I don't know how lucky I will be. You don't think this will sway boy do you? I think technically it is still 2 days in a row, as we did it yesterday really (only it was at 4am) and tonight would be maybe 28 hours between. I'd really love a summer baby - born in December. OMG - this is such a tough decision. also, I'm pretty sure that today has been O day and that tomorrow my BBt will have gone up. This morning in shower I had EWCM but it has now gone creamy (yuck). ;) could be a O+12 for all I know. I think I will try and go for it and see what happens. :)

1moregirl
April 9th, 2016, 03:34 AM
I had the worst O pains last night at about 9. They were in my right side and I had to take two panadol and put the heat pack on tummy on right side for a while. I don't always get the pain like that.

Katt2275
April 9th, 2016, 04:59 AM
Fingers crossed for you! [emoji4]

1moregirl
April 9th, 2016, 06:51 AM
Fingers crossed for you! [emoji4]

Thanks Katt. You too Hun. :)

1moregirl
April 9th, 2016, 06:54 AM

Thanks so much MommyMachine. Yes I will try and get another attempt in tonight. Fingers crossed. Look at you with 3 boys and almost 3 girls. That's just awesome. It's sooo nice to have a mix isn't it? I just hope and pray I can fulfil my little girls desire for a sister. But if not, she will just have to be content with another brother and a special bond with her Mummy. That sounds a bit assumptive doesn't it? That's if I am lucky enough to conceive again and not miscarry.

Traci25
April 9th, 2016, 10:17 AM
I hope it works! I did get my ds when I bd twice 3 days and 1 day before O. I had my dd with 1 attempt but diet was LE different from boys. That's just my experience and I know it doesn't make for everyone! Just want to share my experience. And if only maybe one cycle that's stressful!! Good luck!!

atomic sagebrush
April 9th, 2016, 12:12 PM
I think in your situation you need to be willing to have as many attempts as he's willing to give you.

1moregirl
April 10th, 2016, 01:57 AM
Thanks ladies. Well it turned out we just have the one attempt in the early hours of the day of my first clear blue positive. Last night DH wasn't feeling well and went to bed early and I was ironing kids school uniforms as term 2 starts tomorrow for them. Plus I was watching Magic Mike (hadn't seen it before) and I just couldn't leave the tv screen. All those male strippers strutting their stuff and their muscles....I wasn't going any where I'm afraid. bahahahaha! Anyway, I'm sure I Oed yesterday some time as by the afternoon by CM had turned creamy and my boobs weren't tender any more and this morning my BBT had risen up to 36.72. I'm just going to chill out this time in the 2 WW and not get obsessed with symptom checking or anything coz it just leads to disappointment. If no BFP this cycle then I will definitely do SMEP next time. I really feel like our timing this time was a lot better. 4am BD, then 8am pos Clearblue O test and then O the following day. Last Cycle I am sure we BD the night of pos OPK and the day I Oed as well (am sure I Oed a day earlier last cycle and somehow missed the egg). This cycle I Oed A bit later than usual (CD 18) and turned out yesterday and Sat were in new moon, not that I'm a 100% believer in all of that. Fingers crossed and we'll see.

Babygirlquest
April 10th, 2016, 02:00 AM

1moregirl
April 10th, 2016, 02:04 AM
Thanks Babygirlquest. Fingers crossed. I just NEED to experience having a baby one last time before I close that chapter in my life. If it was another little boy then that would be fine and he would be loved and cherished as much as the three we already have. As long as it was a healthy baby, that's the most important thing to me. So you have 4 boys Hun? Have you done any girl sway attempts yet? :)

Babygirlquest
April 10th, 2016, 03:34 AM

1moregirl
April 10th, 2016, 05:04 AM
I've done two and they haven't worked! We are moving onto high tech honey! I think it's important to remember that you have a baby girl already that you prob got without swaying? Def important not to get too hung up on it as I think you have a great chance of either no matter what you do!

Hi again Hun. Oh...I feel your pain. I mean, boys are adorable, but each Mother yearns to have a little girl of her own somewhere in the mix. I do consider myself extremely lucky. I have one sister who has three girls and would've loved a boy and I have another sister who has 3 boys and they swayed and got their little girl finally. Both sisters are done and dusted now. Lol! So my DH and I were very lucky to get a pigeon pair right at the start, and then our third (little boy) was conceived whilst we were on an overseas holiday so completely unplanned. Haha! Anyway, what is involved in high tech Hun? Is that something you do yourselves or through IVF? I don't know much about any of that stuff but I'm sure I'd be doing the same if I was in your shoes. Good luck my dear. I hope you get your pink bundle. Keep me filled in. :)

maidentomother
April 10th, 2016, 05:35 AM
I really, really think you Oed a day later on CD17 last cycle. And CD18 isn't late for you to O! I agree your BDing is more promising this cycle, however. Fx for you!

Babygirlquest
April 10th, 2016, 06:31 AM

1moregirl
April 10th, 2016, 07:36 PM
So I'm 2DPO and not trying to analyse my chart or anything but wondering why I always, either on 2DPO or 3 DPO, have a little temp in my BBT. At least this cycle it's only a small dip. Last year when I conceived in June it was a bigger dip at 2DPO. I hope it's not a bad sign.

1moregirl
April 10th, 2016, 07:38 PM
I ate my first section of pineapple yesterday and OMG....yuck! It was quite acidic and afterward my tongue was all prickly and strange and it took a few hours for it to recover. Maybe it's not as ripe as it should be? I don't know but I'm dreading having to eat it again today and the next 4 days. Lol!

maidentomother
April 10th, 2016, 07:42 PM
So I'm 2DPO and not trying to analyse my chart or anything but wondering why I always, either on 2DPO or 3 DPO, have a little temp in my BBT. At least this cycle it's only a small dip. Last year when I conceived in June it was a bigger dip at 2DPO. I hope it's not a bad sign.

This is called a fallback rise and most commonly occurs on 2dpo. It is totally normal and quite common. I get a FR on 2dpo at least half of my cycles. The dip can vary in size a fair bit, that is normal too.

Fresh pineapple always irritates my tongue like that to some extent, regardless of ripeness or part of the fruit. Maybe put it in a smoothie and drink through a straw? That may reduce the effect.

1moregirl
April 11th, 2016, 07:11 AM
Thanks Maiden. I'll try that. I ate it again today normally and it wasn't as bad at all. I think because it had been in the fridge overnight all chopped up, it had ripened a bit more. Can eating pineapple like this make you feel crampy at all? This evening I have had mild period cramps in my tummy and lower back which I have never had before at 2DPO. I even felt wet below as well and had to go to the toilet to check that I didn't have period, which is ridiculous at 2DPO. Could it be effects of the pineapple? I don't know....

MrsGoodies
April 11th, 2016, 07:56 AM
Maybe you are pregnant :ttcgirl:

1moregirl
April 11th, 2016, 08:09 AM
MrsGoodies - isn't 2DPO too early for pregnancy symptoms Hun? I did note wetness at this time in June last year with my BFP but not the crampiness. It was very odd. Not going to read too much into it but I just wanted to put it out there in case anyone else had experienced it. With past pregnancies I didn't think I felt crampy til around the time when AF was due, only she didn't arrive of course.

atomic sagebrush
April 11th, 2016, 04:45 PM
Weirdly, I just read about this yesterday Burning Question: Why Does Pineapple Irritate Your Mouth? | POPSUGAR Food (http://www.popsugar.com/food/Burning-Question-Why-Does-Pineapple-Irritate-Your-Mouth-3098109) apparently letting it sit overnight may help, but it's the bromelain that supposedly helps with implantation so it's not going to give you the same benefits.

You can't be ahving pregnancy symptoms at 2dpo, don't mean to be a negative nelly, just don't want you to get your hopes up just yet.

MrsGoodies
April 11th, 2016, 07:56 PM
I also felt wet / crampy 2-3 dpo when I got my bfp but I didnt think anything of it untl now when you mentioned it.

Its not a pg symptom per se, just something you can look back on and go "hmmmm"...

The worst that can happen is af shows and you have to have more fun having more sex (oh darn! Lol)

I say you are PUPO. I believe positive thinking helps so just enjoy the fact that you had great timing and got some sperms in there....glass full kinda gal.

1moregirl
April 11th, 2016, 09:04 PM
Weirdly, I just read about this yesterday Burning Question: Why Does Pineapple Irritate Your Mouth? | POPSUGAR Food (http://www.popsugar.com/food/Burning-Question-Why-Does-Pineapple-Irritate-Your-Mouth-3098109) apparently letting it sit overnight may help, but it's the bromelain that supposedly helps with implantation so it's not going to give you the same benefits.

You can't be ahving pregnancy symptoms at 2dpo, don't mean to be a negative nelly, just don't want you to get your hopes up just yet.

Atomic I'm not sure what you mean by "it's the bromelain that supposedly helps with implantation so it's not going to give you the same benefits." What is not going to give me the same benefits Hun? Sorry, just don't understand this part.

1moregirl
April 11th, 2016, 09:05 PM
I also felt wet / crampy 2-3 dpo when I got my bfp but I didnt think anything of it untl now when you mentioned it.

Its not a pg symptom per se, just something you can look back on and go "hmmmm"...

The worst that can happen is af shows and you have to have more fun having more sex (oh darn! Lol)

I say you are PUPO. I believe positive thinking helps so just enjoy the fact that you had great timing and got some sperms in there....glass full kinda gal.

Ok, interesting....we'll see I guess, but I'm not getting my hopes up this time. No way! What is PUPO? Sounds intriguing. Lol! Hahaha!

mommymachine
April 11th, 2016, 09:40 PM
^^ Pregnant Until Proven Otherwise

Katt2275
April 12th, 2016, 01:39 AM
Atomic I'm not sure what you mean by "it's the bromelain that supposedly helps with implantation so it's not going to give you the same benefits." What is not going to give me the same benefits Hun? Sorry, just don't understand this part.
That's interesting to know about the pineapple helping with implantation. I'll have to eat plenty of it if the time comes for me. Still crossing my fingers for you 1moregirl. [emoji4]

1moregirl
April 12th, 2016, 06:28 AM
That's interesting to know about the pineapple helping with implantation. I'll have to eat plenty of it if the time comes for me. Still crossing my fingers for you 1moregirl. [emoji4]

Yes Katt. You buy a whole pineapple and cut outer skin off it. Cut it into 6 sections and eat one section per day for 6 days starting at 1DPO until 6DPO. It is best eaten on an empty stomach and yes it apparently helps with implantation. You don't eat it past 6DPO. I ate my third section today and had cramps again during afternoon and this evening, plus a bit of thicker typed EWCM. :)

maidentomother
April 12th, 2016, 07:57 AM
I accidentally took bromelain extract (it was combined with another supp I take) one cycle and it made me cramp like crazy after O, until I stopped taking it.

1moregirl
April 13th, 2016, 10:51 PM
5dPo for me today and NO more fresh pineapple for me. NO way! I had my last bit that I was ever going to take yesterday afternoon and it has really upset my stomach. My throat has been feeling scratchy, sore and prickly and I was soooo thirsty last night when I went to bed and this morning I have had a major upset tummy - felt sick and almost gagged a few times (almost threw up) and had the runs (I know....TMI). So I am never touching fresh pineapple again. I check my ferning thingymajig this morning too and it showed full ferning. NOT getting my hopes up though as I think you can get an estregen surge at this time in any cycle whether pregnant or not that would show up ferning. BUT, in my BFP cycle from June last year I had full ferning on 7 or 8 DPO. And a BFP a day or two later. This morning I also got emotional and started crying about something not that huge but I am NOT symptom spotting. :)

MrsGoodies
April 14th, 2016, 10:27 AM
5dPo for me today ... felt sick and almost gagged a few times (almost threw up) and had the runs (I know....TMI). ....I check my ferning thingymajig this morning too and it showed full ferning....This morning I also got emotional and started crying about something ...

YES!
YES!
YES!

Aw, I'm totally getting my hopes up for you now....those all sound like wonderful symptoms!

:running:

1moregirl
April 14th, 2016, 11:09 PM
Still feeling off today. Think I might have some sort of bug as last night when I went to bed I had a headache and muscle aches and this morning felt better but pain in my lower back and just feel strange. Yesterday I had a moment of panic and was wondering how on earth I would handle being pregnant again with being sick and worrying about miscarrying again. But I suppose we just get on with it and try to hope for the best. Last night I had really flushed cheeks for a while too but I had no fever.

MrsGoodies
April 14th, 2016, 11:57 PM
As long as your temps keep climbing up & up & up I'd say you'll know within the next 5 days or so one way or another.

tee hee hee.... this is like waiting to open up a Christmas present. :ttcgirl:

I think once you see those two BFP lines staring back at you - you just take it ONE. DAY. AT. A. TIME

1moregirl
April 15th, 2016, 07:50 AM
As long as your temps keep climbing up & up & up I'd say you'll know within the next 5 days or so one way or another.

tee hee hee.... this is like waiting to open up a Christmas present. :ttcgirl:

I think once you see those two BFP lines staring back at you - you just take it ONE. DAY. AT. A. TIME

Thankyou soooo much MrsGoodies for your lovely words. What a sweetheart you are! Yes I won't be testing over the weekend now, too early anyway, but also have the kiddies and hubby around so almost impossible to get a minute to myself. Lol! Not that I'm complaining as I miss my bigger two sooo much when they are at school. And yes....one day at a time. How are you going with your attempt and cycles Hun? Where are you up to? And thanks for being sooo supportive and excited for me. It's difficult being an older Mum here. I don't know, but I it feels out of place for me to post any where else on this site other than the 'later Moms' section and there's clearly not too many of us here. Lol! So it's nice we can stick together and support each other. :) xx

MrsGoodies
April 15th, 2016, 08:40 AM
1moregirl,

I'm in the NO-2ww just waiting for af to start so i can begin ttc next month. Right now just doing diet & supps and trying to initiate sex more since my DH always seems to lag in that area at the appropriate time.

Yup, not too many of us older mums. I have zero famiy support & didnt even bother telling them about my most recent loss after how rude they were when I lost my twins. My sister says "oh, it's for the BEST....what would you have done with twins?" (As if they were puppies or something). Her 2 kids (B/G) are teenagers and she is counting down the days until they are out of her house and she gets her 'freedom' back.....whilst here I am longing to get pg and hold a sweet baby girl in my arms again. We are like apples and oranges.

1moregirl
April 15th, 2016, 11:00 PM
Oh god...what an awful thing to say...its for the best...and what would you do with twins? I can't believe how stupidly tactless some people can be. I swear if I am pregnant this time I won't be telling anyone until well past the first trimester, except DH of course and one or two close friends whom I trust. I just wish my Mum wasn't going interstate for a few weeks in May, just in case I miscarry again or something. Sooo hard for me to think positive. I'm a pessimist at the best of times. Even when I was pregnant at 40 with our youngest child one of my uncles said to a cousin,"it must be ------ (one of my sisters), it couldn't be ----- (me) because she would be too old." Unbelievable. They wouldn't have wanted to say that to my face coz I think all hell would've broken loose. Lol! Anyway, good luck to you for your next cycle Hun. I hope you nail it and that your DH is compliant with his task. Bahahaha! Nothing new for me here. Another bit higher temp this morn and trying not to analyse symptoms. Talk soon and have a nice weekend. Which country are you in? :) xx