PDA

View Full Version : Bfp and keep testing

Princess Mom
April 11th, 2016, 09:41 AM
Hi ladies I am 4 weeks and 3 days pregnant. I keep testing because I am so scared of another m/c.
I go for another beta today. I am now 17dpo my beta on 12dpo was 84.

Yesterday and day before I had one time pink cm, I know it normal and I do spot during pregnancies but I am so worried!

I opened my last box today of frer. Yesterday my control line was more fainter than today. They are from diff box. I don't want to test anymore because I am driving myself mad! I usually have a ton of symptoms and major indigestion during early pregnancy. This time I have nothing sometime tender boobs. I didn't have indigestion w dd either but I'm worried I don't even have any headaches or nausea or anything! I didn't have it with dd and DS number 2 either but I'm freaking out and can't wait till my first ultrasound and for my beta results tomorrow.

I just keep praying
First pic if yesterday 16 dpo and second is today 17dpo

ksmom
April 11th, 2016, 10:00 AM
I'm quite experienced with the new FRER considering I took probably 30-40(!) of them with my three losses. What I've found is: 1. They don't get as dark as the old style FRER and 2. No two tests in the box are equal (due to varying dye amount/sensitivity). I have dipped two of these tests from the same box in the same urine and got varying results. Tests can't really be compared day to day anyway so every other day is better (although I completely understand the need to POAS every single day). Honestly your tests from 16 and 17 dpo look the same to me which is to be expected because it takes approx. 48 hours for HCG to double. The blood test is really what will tell you if your levels are doubling. I hope you hear good news.

Princess Mom
April 11th, 2016, 12:11 PM
Thank you! You eased me mind a lot! I had a chemical last month so I'm pretty scared. Just had my second beta done, will be getting results tmrw

atomic sagebrush
April 11th, 2016, 02:47 PM
I really, really don't like you guys reading so much into the darkness of pregnancy tests. They were NEVER meant to be used like this and tell you nothing about the state of your pregnancy. Obviously you do not want one to go from very dark to super light (especially later gestations) but at this stage of pregnancy it is more about the concentration of hormone in your pee and individual differences in the tests themselves.

STOP TESTING unless you have a reason to believe you need to. Huge congrats!!

Princess Mom
April 11th, 2016, 03:20 PM
Thank You :)

Princess Mom
April 12th, 2016, 03:56 PM
Betas everyday at 16-17dpo was 1248! Doubling 30 hours! Way faster than my DS who now 2! I feel better and will try to stay calm and positive :)

essnce629
April 12th, 2016, 06:12 PM
Great news! With your tests, you beat the control line already so there is really no way for your tests to be darker (your test line is now pulling dye from the control line which is why the control line is getting lighter). You could always do the Clearblue digital tests with the weeks predictor till you get the 3+ weeks result (that's what I did last time but unfortunately it still ended in a MC). Your hcg numbers are much better than what mine were though.

Princess Mom
April 14th, 2016, 07:47 PM
I'm done testing lol, I need to do my sway form tonight :)