PDA

View Full Version : Spotting?

ladybug
September 19th, 2011, 12:24 PM
I started spotting on friday....It started off brown but sometimes it turns into a dark red or red color...I was so scared I went to emerg and they did a beta and my Hcg tripled in 48 hours....I am still spotting and it is really scary me....I have more bloodwork on Tues and an ultrasound next week...Anyone have similar experiences with this? I am afraid I am going to lose this baby...Think positive thoughts for me

zanacal
September 19th, 2011, 01:04 PM
Oh ladybug, I'm so sorry you're going through this. I don't have any personal experience but I'm sure you'll hear that plenty of women have experienced similar and everything has been ok. I understand that it's terrifying for you all the same. I'm thinking really, really positive vibes for you. Take it easy and keep in touch with how you are xxx

swish
September 19th, 2011, 01:33 PM
Oh ladybug, I'm so sorry, that is so upsetting, I can't help but I have everything crossed for you, xxxxx

lilacforlulu
September 19th, 2011, 01:46 PM
I've had a similar experience! With my last pregnancy I started spotting shortly after my bfp, at 6 weeks I had a lot of bright red bleeding (with clots), and red bleeding continued on and off until about 14 or 15 weeks. My betas were increasing normally, they could never find a reason for the bleeding on an ultrasound, and he was born full term and totally healthy. I had never had even a spot of bleeding with my other pregnancies so it was really scary. That's fantastic that your betas are increasing normally, a really good sign. Hang in there, hopefully your ultrasound will confirm that everything is okay.

tweedledeedum
September 19th, 2011, 02:48 PM
I had subchorionic hematomas with both of my prior pregnancies and spotted off and on with both for many weeks - usually starting around 6 weeks, lasting about 6 weeks with one, and until 25 weeks with the other. I now have two healthy little guys despite the stressful pregnancies. Relax as much as you can and try not to stress. Good luck with your ultrasound- hope you get some answers.

happyheart
September 19th, 2011, 04:12 PM
I started spotting around 5 weeks with DS1. I had spotting on and off until 12 weeks. Everything turned out fine! :)

TTC5
September 19th, 2011, 04:33 PM
I had subchorionic hematomas with both of my prior pregnancies and spotted off and on with both for many weeks - usually starting around 6 weeks, lasting about 6 weeks with one, and until 25 weeks with the other. I now have two healthy little guys despite the stressful pregnancies. Relax as much as you can and try not to stress. Good luck with your ultrasound- hope you get some answers.

I had one of these too, with DD2!

DoulaMama
September 19th, 2011, 04:35 PM
I will keep my fingers crossed that everything is ok:HH: I do know of many people that have had spotting in their pregnancies and almost all of them have resulted in a healthy baby! xxoo

Zivic-Bubac
September 20th, 2011, 02:00 PM
How you've been? Is everything OK?
Have you checked your progesterone levels?

I had bleeding with clots when pg with DD2 during 11. week and it turned out my progesteron was dropping so I got prog shots for 3 days and prog supps 400 mg/day til the end of 1st trimester. She is perfectly healthy and perfectly perfect girl :)

I hope you're doing fine! :luck: :luck: :luck:

zanacal
September 20th, 2011, 04:32 PM
Just checking in with you ladybug, hope you're ok x

ladybug
September 20th, 2011, 07:11 PM
Thanks ladies....the spotting has stopped at the moment....yesterday i had it most of the day and I did have a bit of brown discharge today but now nothing....my fingers are crossed that it stays that way....I will be having my Hcg checked again this evening...I am praying for another good increase....my ultrasound is scheduled 1 week from today....I didnt ask about my progesterone but i will ask tonight... Thanks for checking on me!!

ladybug
September 21st, 2011, 02:36 PM
Thanks for the encouraging words and stories ladies...I had my 3rd beta last evening and I had a good rise....the spotting is stopping and starting thru out the day....sometimes dark red, sometimes red and sometimes brown....I feel really frustrated right and so scared... I have had no cramping which is good...Keep my and my little sweet pea in your thoughts please...I will know more on Tuesday....

zanacal
September 21st, 2011, 03:24 PM
More {hugs} ladybug, this must be so scary for you. I'm thinking of you x