Katt2275
April 23rd, 2016, 02:12 AM

atomic sagebrush
April 23rd, 2016, 12:10 PM
I'm sorry did I miss something????

Katt2275
April 23rd, 2016, 05:50 PM
I'm sorry did I miss something????
I was editing something, and I guess I ended up erasing the whole post. [emoji5] Here's my original post-

Hi everyone. DH and I are planning to have our 1 attempt during my fertile period in May. AF is 4 late, but I think it's from the changes I've made with the LE diet. I've been on it for 8 weeks.

We are really hoping for a girl this time. I'm nervous about it being another boy, and I'm not even pregnant yet. When talking about it with a couple friends who know I'm about to ttc, I've caught myself saying "he" when referring to the baby that I hope to have. So now I'm thinking that it's some sort of intuition that it's going to be a boy. Have any of you also done that? I'm analyzing it now when the logical part of me knows it's silly to be superstitious about it like that. Lol.

atomic sagebrush
April 25th, 2016, 01:53 PM
Oh good, glad I asked!! Sometimes people get mad if I don't respond in like 3.5 seconds of posting and delete, so I am never sure LOL

No, that is not intuition, it's actually very common in the English language as a whole to use "he" as a default and I think when we don't think about it, we use it, well, without thinking about it haha. I additionally think that a lot of us use it subconsciously as a protection because if we say "she" or even "he or she" a LOT of people then don this smug expression and are all like "oh I see you're after a girl".

Plus, after having boy(s) we just get used to thinking of our babies as boys. We called my daughter HE accidentally all during pregnancy and even for like a year or two after that. ;)