PDA

View Full Version : Could Group Strep B be responsible?

Pinkbutterfly16
April 24th, 2016, 05:39 AM
Can GBS cause an early miscarriage?
I had a missed miscarriage where baby stopped developing at 6 weeks but wasn't discovered until I was 12 weeks.

7 months prior I had a healthy baby boy. I didn't know I was a carrier at the time so wasn't given any antibiotics in labour but thankfully he was never effected.

Before I got pregnant with my lost pregnancy I had been treated 3 times with antibiotics since having my little boy for GSB which was only discovered through swab test for a seperate issue, but it of course keeps returning as its not something you can get rid of as far as I'm aware.

During my labour with my son, my waters were the first thing to happen, before contractions. I then had a 10 hour labour so my waters had broken 10 hours before my baby was born.

I'm wondering if this is what allowed the infection to enter into my womb, and it's managed to stay and manifest there? I honestly think this is what took my second babies life and I'm terrified of future pregnancy incase it happens again xx

Blueplease
April 24th, 2016, 09:23 AM
Hi I'm sorry for your loss. I also had strep b in my first pregnancy but thankfully it was detected at 27weeks. Obviously the main concern is that the strep b once your waters have broken doesn't pass to the baby. Thankfully for you it didn't. However I believe it can lie dormant and flair up agsin at say stressful times, with illnesses. I would most def be asking the questions and be asking for regular swops to be taken. Whether it contributed to your miscarriage I wouldn't know. Although I have been tested in my two subsequent pregnancies for it and it was negative as it can lie dormant and flair up at dnr given time I still chose to have the antibiotics once my waters had broke.
Demand that they swip you regularly leading up to trying to conceive and during your pregnancy agsin.
Good luck I know it's s worrying issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pinkbutterfly16
April 25th, 2016, 02:24 PM
Thanks Blueplease xx

atomic sagebrush
April 25th, 2016, 04:09 PM
I"m so sorry for your loss.

The unfortunate thing about losses is that most of them, we never know what happened. There are a million things that run through our minds about if it was this or that but most losses are believed to be just a pregnancy that wasn't developing normally. No one can answer your question, really. We just don't know. It's believed to be possible but not I nor anyone else can know if this happened.

If you got bacteria in your womb after you had just had a baby you are very very prone to infection at that point and run down, and most likely would have been quite ill. My mom had an infection in her uterus after one of her pregnancies and was in the hospital for 7 days on very strong antibiotics. So I doubt that this is an ongoing thing that's been simmering since you had your son.

Please do not be terrified to try again because of this. When they say it's always dormant, it's in your bum area where it doesn't cause infection and can regrow again into the VJ - NOT up inside your body. When it gets where it isn't supposed to be it causes infections/illness.

Pinkbutterfly16
April 26th, 2016, 01:43 PM
Your reply is so appreciated atomic. Thank you. *hugs*