PDA

View Full Version : Folic Acid - Pink Sway?

ThinkingPink
September 20th, 2011, 04:16 PM
I hope to TTC pink next year and was wondering if taking folic acid in the run up to TTC would effect the sway. I took it for 3 months before we TTC our DS but am not sure if it sways one way or another.

Thanks in advance

zanacal
September 20th, 2011, 04:29 PM
Hi, you definitely need to take the folic acid because it's important for the health of your baby - but take it in a pill that's just folic acid and not as part of a multi-vitamin or pre-natal vitamin because all the other nutrients in those will sway blue.

Zivic-Bubac
September 20th, 2011, 05:06 PM
Hi, you definitely need to take the folic acid because it's important for the health of your baby - but take it in a pill that's just folic acid and not as part of a multi-vitamin or pre-natal vitamin because all the other nutrients in those will sway blue.

ITA! :agree:

nuthinbutpink
September 20th, 2011, 05:22 PM
EVERYONE should take FA!

queen-of-harts
September 20th, 2011, 09:30 PM
Take your FA way before you plan to ttc,nothing is more important!

rainbowflower
September 21st, 2011, 07:56 AM
I'm actually taking a double dose of FA because I'm getting less through my diet now, I'm confident it doesn't sway blue

skrimpy
September 21st, 2011, 09:09 AM
IMO you should take FA no matter which way you're swaying - for baby's health :)

swish
September 21st, 2011, 12:46 PM
You need to take at least 800 since the diet restricts your colic acid intake.

atomic sagebrush
September 23rd, 2011, 02:09 PM
I hope to TTC pink next year and was wondering if taking folic acid in the run up to TTC would effect the sway. I took it for 3 months before we TTC our DS but am not sure if it sways one way or another.

Thanks in advance

It doesn't matter if it sways pink, blue, or plaid - folic acid must be taken in every sway. As long as you're not loading up with all the other nutrients, extra folic alone will only help you conceive a healthy baby of either gender.

In fact, you may want to take extra - in the neighborhood of 800-1600 - because you'll prob. be getting less folic via foods.

ThinkingPink
September 24th, 2011, 04:43 PM
Thanks for your replies, I'll definitely be taking it :)

TTC5
September 24th, 2011, 05:09 PM
Yep I agree with everyone else :)