PDA

View Full Version : September Chit chat!!

DoulaMama
September 20th, 2011, 04:50 PM
Hello everyone..I know it's late but what the heck!

How's everyone doing? I'm feeling less crappy today which is so awesome....but also scary....I never feel good at any point in my pregnancies until 20w so I'm a tad bit worried. The only thing making me feel better is the fact that I'm really certain that I feel movement. I felt it at 11w with my third, 13w with my second and 15 w with my first....so it could be possible I guess....

Oh and I'm having second thoughts.....I want to know what the heck I'm having!!! I have about 15 things to make for this baby and it gets harder and harder with each one because I have ZERO time. I have to take the carseat lining and hood off and sew a new one, I always make each of my babies their own quilt and I do not want to make another unisex one...grrr, plus I make all the photo props for my newborn pics. I make their newborn hats and cardigans for winter/spring, a sleep sack, their diapers, wool covers for the dipes, receiving blankets, bibs.....And I want to know what colours I can use dammit! Ugh. I'm pretty darn sure that this is a boy...I have a feeling that it is and it feels wrong to say "she" but if I make everything, green, yellow and red, and it turns out to be a girl....LOL Anyway, I'm on the fence now! Begonia, you'll think this is hilarious! I hate this early part of pregnancy! So much worry, doubting, stress! Ugh!

How's all the May Mama's doing?? M/s kicking in yet? Or the March Mama's?
xoxo

zanacal
September 20th, 2011, 05:09 PM
Good idea DM!

You're so funny with wanting to know the sex now - I'm ok with finding out at the birth at the moment but I will definitely wobble several times during my pregnancy so who knows what we'll finally do! You are amazing for making so much stuff for your babies - I get hardly anything ready for my babies (so long as my boobs are still in place we're good to go :D).

Amazing that you're starting to feel movement - this sound weird but I'd forgotten that there was that to look forward to! I'm just nervous to make sure this baby sticks I suppose. It feels like ages since I got my BFP but I'm not even 5 weeks yet! I felt really sick in the 2ww but now I'm ok (apart from the stinking cold my kids have given me!). I get the odd symptom I didn't have with the others (shooting pains in my boobs and a little heartburn) and lots of cramping, some which feels so AF like that it freaks me out a little, but feeling so good in general make me think another boy too. When I had DS3 I thought he was a girl but every time we had a scan I got the feeling in that room that it was a boy (though I chose to ignore that feeling!). I wonder if I'll get an inkling this time!

I was very worried today because after I went to the toilet at work I saw some weird tissuey, stringy stuff in the toilet. It was only a little bit and it was pink/red but there didn't seem to be any actual blood. I was at work so it could even have been there from the last person to use the toilet! I'm trying not to think of it as I've had no other spotting or bleeding or anything but it definitely made me more nervous. I've not been at all nervous with my other pregnancies (and announced them to the world ridiculously early!) but I'm worrying more with this one - no idea why!

Do you have pregnancy brain yet? I'm going completely loopy - keep putting things away in strange places and forgetting the words for everything!

princesssarah34
September 20th, 2011, 06:49 PM
Hello Ladies!!!
I am dieing over here.....morning sickness like you wouldn't believe!! I now remember why I hated this part so much! I am almost 7weeks and will have my 1st appt. on the 26th...praying it gets here already so the Dr. can give me something to help with this ms...ugh! I have to function in this family or else be over ran by the natives!! :fight:

begonia
September 20th, 2011, 09:58 PM
I get hardly anything ready for my babies (so long as my boobs are still in place we're good to go :D).

LOL, this is me too! In fact, when I was 39 weeks with DD2 and talking to a friend about how we hadn't done anything but put the crib up, she went home and had a dream that night that I was carrying around a newborn diapered with paper towels and a plastic grocery sack wrapped on the bottom! She showed up at my door the next day with a box of diapers and wipes, "just in case" LOL!

This time I'm definitely more like you DM (and yes, I am giggling that you are feeling this way now ... but also wishing you weren't, because it is TORTURE isn't it?!?!) and have so many things that I'd like to get ready. But I don't want gender neutral! Aaaargh. At this point I am really hoping the sonographer or my doctor slip up and tell me, LOL! I love the idea of a surprise in theory but at the same time ... it's so NOT me to wait. I picked out my own engagement ring for crying out loud. There are things I need to know. And this is one of them :)

Zan my worst ms was in the 2WW this time too! So strange as I never had it like that before. Of course I also never knew I was in the 2WW before bc neither of the previous two were planned pregnancies. And I worry more with this one too. I know odds are in favor of all being well, but I think the older we get the more people we know who aren't so lucky as to have healthy pregnancies and babies. It's just reality, KWIM? BUT ... odds are still very, very much in favor that all will go well for you! And for all of us, FX!

I do agree with DM ... feeling movement is HUGE in terms of settling the anxious mind of a pregnant woman! This one is pretty active and I like it right now because it is little enough to be a reminder, not a bother. But you all know how it gets when they are bigger and you're just trying to get comfortable and keep getting kicked in the ribs! Ugh!

Oh Zan, no real foggy brain for me, but insomnia for sure. Last night I went to bed at 10, couldn't fall asleep, got up from 12-1 (and had a snack :)) and then back to sleep til 7.

Princess do you normally have ms with pregnancy or is it a new symptom you can obsess over?!?! ;) Hope the doc can indeed give you something to help; I agree it is just miserable. With my 1st DD it was positively awful. Hang in there!

DoulaMama
September 21st, 2011, 02:14 PM
Princess- I really hope you feel better soon:( M/s is miserable. I really can't stand being sick all day long. I have a constant feeling of nausea in the back of my throat from the minute I get up to the minute I fall asleep. I even get it when I get up to pee my allotted 2x per night. Sigh~ I really hope it goes away soon for both of us xo
Z- I'm hoping to get it all done but the reality is I bet I won't even get half of it done:( I can only craft at night once everyone is in bed, and with the way I'm feeling at night, I'll be happy to get one hat made! Ha!
Eek! I hope the tissuey stuff wasn't from you! Another thing to worry about! It's most likely nothing though. You have a greater chance of this baby being sticky than not:) xo
Ohhh- as for announcing.....I was going to go and announce on FB today...and I'm only 10 weeks! LOL I'm not sure if I should wait to hear a hb but I don't use a doppler(only a fetoscope) and I can't hear baby until the 20+ week mark! UGH! So do I just hope that there is a little beating heart in there...obviously if I'm feeling movement something has to be alive in there! IDK. I may just say WTH and announce and if we find out later that baby is gone, then we'll deal with later. I only have people that I'm close to and chat to on my FB so it's much more private than say having 300 friends that I barely know. When are you going to announce!!!??? I have such a hard time keeping secrets! My kids knew as soon as I POAS basically, and my mom knew the next day, family at 6w.....
Oh and I don't have pregnancy brain yet...but I do have pregnancy clutziness! I hit everything with my poor toes and I trip over everything.....I hit stuff with head....I'm just a twit lately!
the pregnancy brain should kick in around the 25 week mark and stay until 6mos PP though:)

Begonia-OMG I picked my wedding ring(no engagement as I only wanted 1 ring....LOL)too! Hilarious! I am way too picky to have my hubby pick it. Poor man.
It's so exciting that you're feeling movement quite a bit! YAY! You are moving soon right? I hope I'm not getting you mixed up with someone else....sorry if I am. What types of things do you want to get ready for this new little peanut?

zanacal
September 21st, 2011, 03:49 PM
I'm so sorry about the m/s princesssarah, it sounds truly awful. I hope it passes quickly or that your doctor can give you something to help. When did it start for you?

begonia - I saw your bump pic on the boy thread and I would be proud of that figure at any time. Good for you :D I'm back and forwards on the finding out the sex thing too. I think I would like to wait and I'm already convinced we have a boy (self preservation - it would be foolish to think otherwise!) and I'm not even sure our hospital will give you their opinion at your 20 week scan (it varies between hospitals). I'm kind of hoping I don't get a nub shot because it'll either get my hopes up or completely dash them and I won't like it if that's all I have to go by for the rest of my pregnancy - which could end up making me find out afterall!

No more weird tissuey stuff for me (I'm beginning to think I was inspecting somebody else's innards - eww!) and I took an HPT this morning and got a BFP straight away which was very dark after the 5 minutes. I don't think I've ever taken an HPT a week after I got my first one, I just haven't worried that much!

DM - I can't wait for your big FB announcement! I've told my mum and dad, my sister and 2 friends but I'd like to wait until we've had a scan before telling the children because I don't want to tell them mummy's pregnant and then for something to be wrong iykwim, it would just be too upsetting and difficult for them to understand. I also don't want to tell my employer too soon. I'm kind of dreading that given that this will be my 4th pregnancy and maternity leave and I don't think it's going to go down well!

My boys asked me last night how a baby gets out of it's mummy and I gave it to them straight - it was so funny, they giggled for ages! I also explained the c-section option and they were far more worried about that!

I've got to go and eat - this is, I believe, my third dinner this evening ....

DoulaMama
September 21st, 2011, 04:57 PM
OMG Z I hear you on the eating! I eat ALL day. Not huge meals or anything...just a constant eating and drinking of things that will make my m/s feel better. I swear I can't go more than 30 minutes without putting food in my mouth! Never ever had this before with any of my pregnancies! Here's hoping ;)

Mochagirl
September 21st, 2011, 06:08 PM
Hey ladies - I'm going to join you here. I'm still leary of considering myself pregnant since I've had only one BFP and it was quite faint, but I'm going to hope for the best. I had a pain au chocolat for breakfast, a shwarma for lunch, and I'm planning to order a panzerotti for supper since DH is out at some fancy work dinner tonight. I'll probably gain 5 pounds today alone!!

I felt queasy all day, but I think it might have been the combination of the excitement over my BFP and the grief over my kitty dying. I really haven't had a lot of symptoms, but then again I'm only 9dpo. I have been cramping badly all day, but I just checked my pee now and it was cloudy - could it just be a bladder infection causing all the pains, or can cloudy pee be a pregnancy symptom?

I hope all you ladies with m/s get relief soon!

DoulaMama
September 21st, 2011, 06:24 PM
YA! So glad to have you here, Mocha! Do you want us to call you something else now....I feel bad seeing as it's a constant reminder of your poor kitty:(

Your breakfast sounds heavenly:) I can't eat anything with chocolate(couldn't with my other pregnancies either) or anything overly sweet for that matter but I can't wait until the m/s is gone and I can enjoy food again!!! You must be so thrilled not to have to worry about getting pregnant anymore! I know your moms trip is smack dab in the middle...but maybe you'll go 8 days late or something ;) Would she be back by then?
I was thinking....could you find someone to come to your home a few days a week- like a PP doula or something? That might help.
I think I had cloudy pee during my 2ww...full of bits etc. It was weird. I don't think I would worry unless you had the urge to pee all the time but you didn't really have to go- in combo with pain. If it's cramps, I would say totally normal:)

xo

Mochagirl
September 21st, 2011, 06:38 PM
Right now the cramps are centered around my kidneys, which is why I'm slightly concerned. Of course, if it weren't for the cloudy pee, I'd just be thinking it was a pragnancy-related backache, so who knows? I'll wait a couple of days and see if it goes away.

As for my Mom being away, what I'm most concerned about is going into labour and having no one to watch the kids. She's gone for 3 weeks starting May 31st, so I don't think it's very likely I'll have the baby while she's in the country. I do have two girlfriends who've offered to help, but they both have young kids, and I'm always terrible at accepting help from non-family!

Oh, and don't worry about calling me Mocha. It'll be a way for me to keep her memory alive. I've been Mochagirl on several sites for several years, so it would be weird for you to start calling me something else now.

princesssarah34
September 21st, 2011, 08:22 PM
No the ms is not a new thing for me! I have had it with all my pg's....they just each got less and less severe......I start out in this pg at 5 weeks with it....I don't remember having it that early before! I have been reading everyone's posts and sitting here I am trying to remember what everyone said...and i am failing at it! :oops: I will try t do better next time!
Congrats Mocha!!! Glad to have you join us here!

Mochagirl
September 22nd, 2011, 07:49 PM
I'm finding it soooo weird not eating on the LE diet anymore. Z - when did it stop feeling like cheating to eat normally? I went to the grocery store today to pick up some milk, and I felt like a kid in a candy store when I realised I could buy and eat anything I want. No more poring over labels and weighing all my food to keep portion size under control. One good thing is that so far I haven't been snacking like I used to. I guess my body got used to not eating between meals - during the day at least. I still haven't managed a normal breakfast, but both today and yesterday I ate something mid-morning.

zanacal
September 23rd, 2011, 11:54 AM
Breakfast turned my stomach for a few days and I couldn't face meat either. It only lasted a few days now I'm struggling to be good even though I don't have to be on the LE diet anymore - I ate a ridiculous amount today, my colleagues are bound to think I have bulumia now!

zanacal
September 23rd, 2011, 11:56 AM
Speaking of colleagues, there are 2 of us who work for the same manager. The other lady is with her second partner and they each have a child from their previous partner. She's never mentioned wanting a child with her new man but she's in her late 30s so I guess now would be the time - then today she stood up quickly and said ouch and clutched her lower tummy which is exactly what I did in the office when I was pregnant with DS3 and I thought I'd given the game away. Later she was complaining of heartburn and blamed having too many cups of tea and sweets but she drinks tea and eats sweets all day every day anyway. I'm starting to think she'll have some news to break soon too - that'll be so funny!!

Mochagirl
September 23rd, 2011, 12:17 PM
That is funny, Z!

Yes, I'm torn between eating anything and everything I can get my hands on and eating a well-balanced diet to make sure I don't gain too much weight in this pregnancy. I even tried to look up the number of calories I need to eat while pregnant and got such varied answers I'm more confused than ever. One website told me I need 1500 calories to maintain my BMI + 300 extra calories for pregnancy - I was aiming for 1900 calories a day in the last month on this diet (and still lost a pound), and there's no way that's enough food for a growing baby! I definitely want to put on some padding - I just don't want to gain back all 20 lbs before I'm even out of the first trimester.

Luckily I don't have any m/s yet. In fact, if I didn't have 3 tests showing me otherwise, I wouldn't believe I'm pregnant at all!

princesssarah34
September 23rd, 2011, 01:53 PM
Anyone else have a craving yet??? All that sound good to me is chocolate pudding.......you know the Jello kind!! I have refrained from buy it....but it sounds so good 99% of the time!! And this ms is making everything else sound yuck! I told DH the other day I should have known I was prego when I thought that chocolate covered bacon sounded good...that was the week before my BFP!! :bigsmile:
I really wish the next few weeks would just go faster! Usually ms is over by 12 weeks...give or take a few days!
Tomorrow is our 6yr Anniversary...and we have postponed doing anything special since this ms has had me not enjoying much of anything....and I really want to enjoy being with my DH!!

Mochagirl
September 23rd, 2011, 01:57 PM
I finally defrosted that chocolate fudge I bought this summer and I've been eating it with abandon. I don't know if I'd call it a craving per-say, but I'm definitely leaning towards chocolate in all my sweet indulgences. As I said, I'm kind of shocked I haven't had any m/s yet. I feel a little queasy first thing in the morning, but not enough to keep me from eating! I know they say m/s is a good sign it's a healthy pregnancy, so I hope the lack of it isn't a bad sign for me!

I made my first midwife appointment yesterday - it's not until November 8th!! I'm happy, though, because I'll have the same midwife who delivered ds3, and I looooved her! She's excited to have me back too. Even the secretary remembered me. She opened our conversation by saying 'So this is your little girl in there this time, right?'.

tweedledeedum
September 23rd, 2011, 04:15 PM
Hi girls, can I join in? I'm kind of bad at posting but I will try!

I have been so queasy for the last couple of weeks. I feel sick when I'm hungry and sick when I'm full. But no actual vomiting yet, so that's a good thing! I have been having super crazy vivid dreams every night which is so unusual - I never usually dream at all.

I am trying to decide what to do with my youngest (born 6/09). He is still nursing and cosleeping. I want to have him moved out of my bed before this baby comes and either into his own bed or in with his brother but it is so hard! I think my milk production has slowed a bit too, I'm not sure what will happen as time passes. My older son weaned when I was pregnant with my second but he was so much older, don't want to shortchange my second son.

I have found it so strange to give up the dieting. I have so many things I want to eat once the m/s phase passes. So far I have been loving fruit and salty popcorn.

Look forward to keeping up with you all throughout our pregnancies!

zanacal
September 23rd, 2011, 04:32 PM
Hi tweedle, so happy to see you here!

Are you feeling that your youngest DS will move in with his big brother when he stops nursing? I was still feeding DS2 when I got pregnant with DS3 (he was 18 months) but by about 12 weeks it was really sore for me and he seemed to have to suck really, really hard so I felt my supply was dropping. If I had wanted to tandem feed them I would have got through it but it seemed pointless at that point to battle on when I knew I wanted to stop before the new baby anyway, so we quit then when he was 21 months old. I think whatever you decide you don't need to rush into making any changes - you have a good 8 months to do that :D

We're not sure where the new baby will eventually sleep either. We have 3 bedrooms - currently DH and I have one, DS1 and DS2 share and DS3 has the small room. I think the new baby should sleep with DS3 in the smaller room whether it's a girl or a boy and DH thinks that if DC4 is a girl then DS3 should go in with the other boys. Obviously not losing any sleep over this because I'm sure it'll be a boy anyway! When DS3 was a baby we only had 2 bedrooms so he slept with DH and I until he was 1 and I ended up loving it so I'm hoping to keep DC4 in our room for a similar time. We don't co-sleep (our bed is tiny!) but I'm thinking of getting a co-sleeper cot to go next to the bed so he/she is very close by. Awww, so excited at the prospect of a teeny tiny baby. I can't wait until we can tell our boys - DS1 in particular will be so thrilled!

Mochagirl
September 23rd, 2011, 04:33 PM
Sorry you're feeling so sick, tweedle! I know what you mean about how strange it is to give up the diet. It's only been two days for me, but it doesn't seem real that I can eat whatever I want!

zanacal
September 23rd, 2011, 04:37 PM
I had a bacon and cheese sandwich for dinner today!!

Mochagirl
September 23rd, 2011, 04:41 PM
Z - I'm so glad you brought up sleeping arrangements because that's been stressing me out! We have a 4 bedroom house - our twins share a room and ds3 has his own room. The 4th bedroom is dh's office, which he uses a lot since he's a professor and works often from home. Here in Canada the ideal is always one kid per room...but then again most people I know don't have 4 kids! Some of my friends look at me funny when I tell them we have no plans to put the twins in their own rooms, and now that we're expecting I imagine ds3 will have to share his room too! Actually, what I'm thinking of doing is a big room switch: I might put all 3 boys in the master bedroom, which is quite large and would accommodate a bunkbed and a twin bed with lots of room to spare. DH and I could then move into his office which is the 2nd largest room, and put the baby in ds3's room, which is the smallest. DH could then have the twins' room as his new office...at least until the kids get older and start demanding more private space. Does this sound like a crazy plan? I like the idea of ds3 getting to bond with his big brothers, then maybe when the baby's old enough he could share a room with him/her for a while to bond.

Mochagirl
September 23rd, 2011, 04:50 PM
Sounds yummy, Z! Maybe we should start a pregnant food thread to talk about all the yummy things we're eating! :wink: Tonight I'm making grilled cajun chicken burgers with sliced tomato and lots of cheese melted on top on a full salt bakery bun with lots of mayo. Oh, and fries on the side!!

zanacal
September 23rd, 2011, 04:53 PM
I don't think I ever envisaged having so many children that they'd have to share bedrooms! We actually moved to our 2 bed cottage from a much bigger 4 bed house and we were only able to extend it to 3 beds. Anywaaaay, I'm so glad the eldest 2 do share because they're so close - ok, they probably sleep less than they would in their own rooms, but I think it's really cool for them. We do have a spare reception room downstairs which we currently use as a den/playroom so one of the boys could have that when he's a teenager if they want. We have no plans to move from here and I know there'll come a time when the boys are complaining that we don't have much space but I hope that when they're adults they'll appreciate that they got to spend lots of time with their siblings and to share many (too many!) giggles after lights out! I really like the idea of a big family all bundling in together even if everybody else thinks we're loopy!

TTC5
September 23rd, 2011, 04:55 PM
I don't think I ever envisaged having so many children that they'd have to share bedrooms! We actually moved to our 2 bed cottage from a much bigger 4 bed house and we were only able to extend it to 3 beds. Anywaaaay, I'm so glad the eldest 2 do share because they're so close - ok, they probably sleep less than they would in their own rooms, but I think it's really cool for them. We do have a spare reception room downstairs which we currently use as a den/playroom so one of the boys could have that when he's a teenager if they want. We have no plans to move from here and I know there'll come a time when the boys are complaining that we don't have much space but I hope that when they're adults they'll appreciate that they got to spend lots of time with their siblings and to share many (too many!) giggles after lights out! I really like the idea of a big family all bundling in together even if everybody else thinks we're loopy!

We don't have a big home either and our girls double up room too, but the eldest has her own :)

TTC5
September 23rd, 2011, 04:56 PM
Oops sorry to thread crash I thought this was the boy thread, lol

Mochagirl
September 23rd, 2011, 04:57 PM
I agree, Z! When I was growing up all my brothers had to share bedrooms, and they turned out ok! I was the only girl, so I always got to have my own bedroom :bigsmile:. We also have a finished basement that they use as a playroom that I imagine one or two of them will move into as teenagers. There's also an sunroom on the main floor that it lovely in the summer but cold in the winter (it was a later add-on to the house and not properly insulted or hooked up to central heat) that could be an office for dh someday if we paid to have it made more winter-friendly.

It'll definitely be a full house, but they grow up so fast and eventually it will just be dh and I rattling around in this big house, so I want to try to enjoy the chaos while we have it!

Mochagirl
September 23rd, 2011, 04:58 PM
No worries, TTC5 - we should probably be having this discussion in a more central place anyway since it has nothing to do with gender just having lots of children in general.

zanacal
September 23rd, 2011, 05:02 PM
It'll definitely be a full house, but they grow up so fast and eventually it will just be dh and I rattling around in this big house, so I want to try to enjoy the chaos while we have it!

That's exactly what we think - our house would be perfect for DH and I once we're alone again (OMG, I don't even want to imagine my boys having flown the nest!!) - so it seems silly to get into more debt to get a bigger house just for the few years when they're teenagers and complaining! Anyway, we may win the lottery before then :D

begonia
September 23rd, 2011, 05:03 PM

Welcome back to food, Zan, LOL! I looooove bacon. BLT for lunch today! I have a couple pages to catch up on with this thread :)

zanacal
September 23rd, 2011, 05:05 PM
No worries TTC5 :D

Mocha - we are in a central place :wink:

Mochagirl
September 23rd, 2011, 05:06 PM
Oh yeah - guess we are! :oops:

princesssarah34
September 23rd, 2011, 05:06 PM
All my boys share a room....barely! :fight: And we will most likely have the new baby in our area/room (it is not really a room right now but we gave up the only bedroom we have to our boys)! I would totally love to give my oldest is own room...he is 13 now...but money wise not gonna happen for a while! I have to say that we may not have the ideal house but we make it work and we have a roof over our head and food on the table! And believe me my boys lack for nothing! Some would say they are spoiled...and so what if they are....they are my boys and they mean the world to me!
And all you talking about yummy food...I want to be done with ms.....I hate this part....it even makes food taste funny so even if you are thinking oh that is gonna be so good and you get it and eat it...you go oh its not that great! I hate it!!!! :hair:

begonia
September 23rd, 2011, 05:11 PM
Begonia-OMG I picked my wedding ring(no engagement as I only wanted 1 ring....LOL)too! Hilarious! I am way too picky to have my hubby pick it. Poor man.
It's so exciting that you're feeling movement quite a bit! YAY! You are moving soon right? I hope I'm not getting you mixed up with someone else....sorry if I am. What types of things do you want to get ready for this new little peanut?

DM the crazy thing is I don't even wear my engagement ring anymore, LOL ... just my wedding band.

I am moving, great memory! We've been building a house for the past almost 7 months ... we get to move in the end of next month. I can't wait :) I want to get a room decorated for the baby! And since we have people actually paid to paint my house right now I would love to use them to do it, LOL!

Sorry you're having the constant nausea DM! That was me with DD1 :( It's TOUGH. Here's hoping it passes quickly.

I have so much to catch up on here! I think I forgot about this thread :oops:

begonia
September 23rd, 2011, 09:40 PM

My pregnancy diet of late has included bacon at least 2 out of 3 meals a day :oops: And a shocking amount of jalepenos, which is distinctly a pregnancy thing for me. I've always loved bacon but am not generally a spicy food fan... I don't mind it but won't seek it out. These days I seek it out! Pregnancy cracks me up!

Princess go get chocolate pudding cups, LOL! Those aren't bad! High calcium! Make your own pudding and it really would have some great benefits... protein, antiox in the chocolate ... I can rationalize anything :cool:

My 2 girls share a room now and will in our new home, though there will be plenty of room for them to split up, and eventually for each of my 3 to have their own room should they choose. We'll see how it goes but I'm a big fan of them continuing to share for a long while. We will have a nice size game room so I don't see the need for them to have their own bedrooms; all they will be doing in there is sleeping.

And ... I caved, I totally, completely caved and I'm slightly ashamed of myself to admit it. But I scheduled an elective scan for Monday. I don't like the not knowing. It isn't fun for me at all, it's torture. I want to enjoy the pregnancy and I feel like instead of thinking about how fun it is to feel a baby again I keep thinking about WHAT IS IT. And I really, really think I put my GD to bed after DD2, so I'm relatively sure I'll be a-ok with hearing girl again.

DH doesn't know and I am not telling a soul IRL, not my BFF, not my mom, not anyone, because I feel like DH's surprise should be ALL his and no one should get to know before him. Except for everyone here, LOL.

So anyhow ... I'll update Monday when I know. I'm having them write it down rather than tell me straight out on the table; I want to have my private moment. And I'm bringing some of my favorite photos from my girls as babies so that I can remember how darling they were (and are) and I know that will help IF I feel a bit down. But I genuinely think I'll be fine! FX!

princesssarah34
September 23rd, 2011, 11:04 PM
Princess go get chocolate pudding cups, LOL! Those aren't bad! High calcium! Make your own pudding and it really would have some great benefits... protein, antiox in the chocolate ... I can rationalize anything :cool:

I totally was thinking to myself today....I am so gonna go buy me some Jello chocolate pudding!! I love the kind you make at home cause you get a whole lot more than in the little cups!! :bigsmile:

princesssarah34
September 23rd, 2011, 11:05 PM
And GL begonia on Mondays scan!!!:fingers:

DoulaMama
September 24th, 2011, 12:11 AM
AWWW Begonia (((HUGS))) I'm truly excited for you!! I can't wait to hear the exciting news!
I may be doing the same thing! LOL! Who knows! I hope your move goes smoothly! How exciting!

Talking about sleeping arrangements.....my 2 eldest share a large room with bunks, we have a spare for guests and my little guy is still cosleeping with us. We have sidecarred our crib- so one side of it is taken down and it's pushed up beside our bed(level) and my little guy sleeps in it instead of between us. I really love having a large space for him as they grow out of the smaller cosleepers so fast. I think we'll end up having Dh sleep beside him, next to the sidecar crib, for a bit once the new babe arrives and we'll stick the new little munchkin between us. It'll be a tight squeeze for a bit but oh well. Unless we end up moving to a bigger house in the next 10 years, they'll be sharing rooms for quite some time and I have to say I don't mind and neither do they. Did you know that many families in Japan have a common sleeping area and they all cosleep:) They have incredible tight knit families as well. I think it's sweet.

So I went to my Dr. to get a blood req and an u/s req for 18w just in case I wanted to use it...and my DR was a douche. Ugh. She looked at me like I was nuts when I told her plans to homebirth with an independent midwife. Plus she offered to try to listen to baby with the doppler and I said no, it wasn't necessary, she looked at me like I was even crazier...and then to top it off I was making small talk with her and I asked what her third baby was(first 2 were girls) and she told me boy. (This was right after she asked me if I was praying for a girl!) I said "Oh how cool! Third time lucky!" And she gave me this smug look and said, "No. A healthy baby is lucky." What an f'n cow. At that point I wanted to leave but I needed to get my blood testing stuff first. Ugh. I think I'll ask to see a different Dr. the next time I go in. And to think she's my family Dr. I was fuming.

Anyway, I love how busy this thread is!!! Z and M...our little chatterboxes!!!! Tee hee hee:) xoxoxo

Glittergirl
September 24th, 2011, 01:03 AM
Gosh DM sorry you have such a sucky doctor! So Begonia is finding out, DM are you still team green? I posted in march due date but I'm on the fence still! Begonia--GL on your U/S monday! I'll be thinking of you!

zanacal
September 24th, 2011, 05:15 AM
AWWW Begonia (((HUGS))) Anyway, I love how busy this thread is!!! Z and M...our little chatterboxes!!!! Tee hee hee:) xoxoxo

:giggle:

Sorry your doctor was such an arse. After I had DS2 (the one who was born at home not breathing) we had to take him for a brain scan in the hospital. This was 3 days after I'd had him so my hormones were crashing anyway and obviously we'd been through a traumatic few days. The first thing thing the doctor doing the scan said was 'see, this is why we have babies in hospitals'. I was so upset - of course I thought of a hundred smart retorts afterwards and I think my favourite (in my head!) was 'b*stard doctors with no bedside manner like you are the reason ladies choose to have babies at home'!

Begonia - I'm so excited for you for Monday! I know it's been eating you up so I'm sure it's the right thing to do. I'll be stalking you that day!! I had chilli flavoured mayo in my bacon sandwich, it was yummy!

Glittergirl - I'm on the fence too. I actually wish I'd never heard of nub theory because I could quite happily look at my 12 week scan and have no idea that there's a clue in there as to the baby's gender - I'm kind of hoping I won't get a nub shot or see anything on the screen at the ultrasound. If I do and I get lots of guesses one way or the other which either gets my hopes up or dashes them then I'll probably find out - I'd rather know for sure than just a nub guess which may or may not be right - because however it looks from the nub I know my heart will start to believe if enough people agree, even though I know it's not necessarily accurate.

Mochagirl
September 24th, 2011, 06:52 AM
How exciting, begonia - I'll be stalking you on Monday. Good luck!

DM - sorry you had to deal with such a jerky doctor. You too, Z - I can't believe a doctor could be so insensitive after a scare like that!

Anyway, I love how busy this thread is!!! Z and M...our little chatterboxes!!!! Tee hee hee:) xoxoxo

Glad to be of service, DM - I'm happy someone appreciates my chronic chattiness :bigsmile:

begonia
September 24th, 2011, 09:06 AM
Did you know that many families in Japan have a common sleeping area and they all cosleep:) They have incredible tight knit families as well. I think it's sweet.

So I went to my Dr. to get a blood req and an u/s req for 18w just in case I wanted to use it...and my DR was a douche. Ugh. She looked at me like I was nuts when I told her plans to homebirth with an independent midwife. Plus she offered to try to listen to baby with the doppler and I said no, it wasn't necessary, she looked at me like I was even crazier...and then to top it off I was making small talk with her and I asked what her third baby was(first 2 were girls) and she told me boy. (This was right after she asked me if I was praying for a girl!) I said "Oh how cool! Third time lucky!" And she gave me this smug look and said, "No. A healthy baby is lucky." What an f'n cow. At that point I wanted to leave but I needed to get my blood testing stuff first. Ugh. I think I'll ask to see a different Dr. the next time I go in. And to think she's my family Dr. I was fuming.

ITA with the sleeping arrangements; though I don't co-sleep it's because I'm a super, super light sleeper. I wear ear plugs because even DH breathing drives me bonkers, LOL! That said, I can't sleep at all when he's gone! I think it is natural to want someone there, both for kids and adults, especially once you're used to it. Our kids come into our bed pretty frequently. I'm happy that they go to sleep in their own beds, because I think it is important that they learn to sleep on their own ... after all, not many college roomies will let you cuddle up with them ;)

Glitter, I like your plan for asking for a shot and deciphering it yourself! I think that if, like you ... I had a nub that got a TON of guesses that were nearly 100% in agreement ... well, I'd probably find out too. Like Zan said it's enough to get your hopes up, and you kind of don't WANT false hopes like that ... if in fact they are false. It sure does look girly :fingers:

Zan will you try to get a nub or no? My babe had no interest in showing it off!

Zan and DM, what absolutely rotten docs! DM I would definitely switch if I were in your position. Even in the medical community there are docs who would be understanding and supportive of your choices. Shocking. And Zan, my goodness, such a traumatic time for a postpartum mom and THAT is what he chooses to say. Ugh.

Princess enjoy your pudding! Oh and Zan the chili mayo on a bacon sandwich?!?! Um, I need to make that. It's only breakfast time here but that sounds fantastic.

Thank you guys so much for the support on finding out! I feel so much peace about it since making the decision that I am sure it is the right thing for me. I'm in the US central time and think I'll probably have an update around lunchtime for all you stalkers :) I wish I could have gotten excited for the surprise but nothing about it excited me. I know I'll be able to enjoy the pregnancy so much more when I can quit obsessing over gender :)

DoulaMama
September 24th, 2011, 10:20 AM
So B, at 17w they can tell pretty easily? I'm so on the fence now...ugh. I enjoyed the surprise last time, it was truly amazing, but with this being my last, I think I may need to find out. If I had a mixed group of B and G I would not care at all and most likely not find out. I'm thinking I'll skip the 13w(was going to try for a nub guess) and go for a scan by one of those fun u/s places. That way I can skip the 18w as I was only going to go with the potential of finding out! Ha! My Dr. can suck it. :D LOL

zanacal
September 24th, 2011, 10:38 AM
Begonia - I'd feel really silly actually asking for a nub shot so I'll just see what comes up on screen and what comes off on my pictures and leave it to fate!

DoulaMama
September 24th, 2011, 10:46 AM
I just read through the last page:) thanks for the support ladies:) Z- I honestly think I would said something nasty without thinking, to that Dr of yours. How insanely disrespectful. I'm so sorry. They feel it necessary to say something, it's like they're trained to be a-holes to homebirth transfers. Hugs xoxo

tweedledeedum
September 25th, 2011, 12:17 PM
We are going through the rooming discussions too. We have three bedrooms, plus a a large upstairs playroom. I am thinking of putting the two boys in one room with bunk beds -double on bottom, single on top- so they can choose to sleep together in the bottom or apart. Or we might just leave each boy in their own room until the new baby is 1 or 2 as we always cosleep. Or, if the new baby is a boy, we might eventually move the youngest two into their own room as they will be closer in age than the first two. Eventually, we might make our playroom into either a very large bedroom or a master - but then we wouldn't have an ensuite, although the bathroom is next door. Decisions!

DM - that is a pretty crappy attitude for a dr. I used a midwife last time and I got a pretty lukewarm reaction from my Dr. as well but nothing like that.

begonia - good luck at your scan! FX for you.

I had a delux pizza yesterday and it was so good!

Mochagirl
September 25th, 2011, 02:12 PM
How are all you ladies feeling today? The fatigue is really affecting me today. I had an early morning with ds3, and now it's 2pm and I can't keep my eyes open. Normally I'd have a coffee or Pepsi to keep me going, but I usually try to keep to one cup of coffee a day while pregnant, and I already had some this morning. I'm drinking a decaf cappuccino hoping it would fool my body into thinking I was drinking caffeine, but it isn't working. I'm thinking of sneaking upstairs for a 20 minute nap before ds3 wakes up from his nap...and I'm NOT a napper at all, so it must be the pregnancy doing all this.

begonia
September 25th, 2011, 03:07 PM
So B, at 17w they can tell pretty easily? I'm so on the fence now...ugh. I enjoyed the surprise last time, it was truly amazing, but with this being my last, I think I may need to find out. If I had a mixed group of B and G I would not care at all and most likely not find out. I'm thinking I'll skip the 13w(was going to try for a nub guess) and go for a scan by one of those fun u/s places. That way I can skip the 18w as I was only going to go with the potential of finding out! Ha! My Dr. can suck it. :D LOL

Yes ma'am! They can tell as early as 16 weeks, and the "fun" u/s places will REALLY work on finding out for you since it's what you're paying for ... so even if they spend 20 minutes just looking for that, they'll do it. So if you do decide to get one scan, I would go to the fun one. They'll listen to you say you want a profile shot, or a great gender shot, or whatever.

I do agree, too, that if I had a mixed bag already I could handle waiting. For sure. Even if we had decided to wait with our first child I probably could have handled it. But this time (and I do think swaying and being on this board is NOT helping) I feel like I need to know.

I posted on our ttc boy thread but I am having a WEE bit of guilt about DH not knowing. But ... I think it's like Santa Claus, where we lie to our kids because of the fun experience they get to have. He wants the experience. I don't. And in a perfect world I could be self sacrificing enough to hold out on my end for him, but ... clearly not. I feel bad about it. If he finds out I found out though I know that if he's mad about anything it will be that I didn't tell him how crazy it was making me to not know.

Mocha, I was really exhausted 1st tri. More than any other pg, but part of that I'm sure is due to the fact that you get less rest due to the kids you already have. I definitely indulged in more caffeine than I otherwise would have ... I had a half cup of coffee every morning, and a soda in the afternoon. It's funny bc I am not at all a napper either and I took several in the 1st trimester. Often accidentally falling asleep while my kids were playing :suprise: Luckily DD1 is very responsible, LOL!

Tweedle, decisions decisions! The good thing is it sounds like you have plenty of space, it's just figuring out how you want to use it!

Anyhow ... I'm thinking I might just ask for (obvious) pictures tomorrow at the scan and not have them ACTUALLY tell me. Then I can post them here and everyone can tell me what it is :happy: Then it is more like guessing, right?!? And not like an actual professional told me, so ... not like I reeeeally found out, LOL!

zanacal
September 25th, 2011, 03:25 PM
Begonia - tomorrow is going to be wonderful but I can understand you feeling nervous and even guilty. FWIW, I'd want to get a definitive answer because lots of guesses (even if they're mostly the same guess!) still doesn't give you an absolute answer and you might want to go back for another scan because you're still wondering every day! I can't wait to log on when I get home from work :D

I don't have many symptoms at all now. I'm getting a few headaches (this morning I woke up with one so DH got up with DS1 and DS2 but DS3 (23 months) wouldn't get out of his cot until I went to get him so he played in there happily for over an hour while I had my lie in - I kept hearing DH asking if he wanted to get up and he just said 'nooo, mummy'). I've actually gone the opposite to you mocha and I can't sit still, can't stop sorting and tidying! I'm not sure it's anything to do with pregnancy but it's so unlike me - I've never nested in my life and I hate housework! I've been gardening too :D If it weren't for my aching back (I always get an aching lower back in early pregnancy) I could easily forget my 'condition'. No sickness or nausea now, just like my other pregnancies. Why is it that some get so poorly and some not at all, isn't it weird?!

I was just sat here thinking 'what was that other thing I really wanted to post about on the pregnancy thread, ummmm' and I remembered I DO have a strong pregnancy symptom - my brain has gone walkabouts!!!

... and I remembered! Where the heck has my waist gone?! Also, my fingers are like sausages! I think this may be salt rather than pregnancy but I can't believe that I was worried my rings would fall off to weeks ago because I'm not sure I could get them off if I tried now. My colleagues are going to think I'm so useless for piling on all my lost weight before their very eyes!

Mochagirl
September 25th, 2011, 05:35 PM
I've noticed the salt has added instant bloating too, Z. I had the same problem with my rings before - more than once I had one fall off while out and about, but luckily I found them each time. Now they seem to be much more secure. So far my actual weight hasn't gone up, but I'm sure it won't be long....

Mochagirl
September 25th, 2011, 06:44 PM
I feel like I need a support group or something to help me ease off this diet. I've never dieted a day in my life before the LE diet and never paid attention to what was in the food I ate, and now that I don't NEED to track anything anymore, I still find I am! I just can't believe how many calories I eat in a day where I eat quite moderately and with few snacks. Today, for example - I had a small bowl of granola for breakfast, a grilled mozzarella & tomato sandwich for lunch with some chocolate wafer cookies for dessert, a decaf cappuccino in the afternoon, 2 servings of pasta with pesto and parmesan + a few sauteed veggies and some Sour Patch kids (some habits are hard to kick). My calories so far today? 2400, and that's BEFORE my everning snack, which I'm sure to have. If my body's become accustomed to 1500-1800 calories, am I going to pack on the pounds too fast if I'm eating between 2500 and 3000 calories a day (and remember this is a moderate day - I normally eat MUCH more than this). I'm starting to think that in the past I must have regularly eaten over 3000 calories per day, and I'm wondering how I wasn't overweight.

I know, I know - I should just stop tracking all this and enjoy food now that I can eat it - this really isn't me, and I don't know why I even care if I gain weight quickly now. Can you tell I have an obsessive personality? No wonder I have 3 boys...:rolleyes:

princesssarah34
September 26th, 2011, 12:18 AM
Thank all for the pudding support!!! :bigsmile:
I am totally enjoying it too!!
Mocha...sorry I don't know what to say about the diet for you...didn't do one and I don't think I could ever stick to one either! Hope you can ease out of it!!
Hope this finds everyone else doing well! My ms is still blah....I seems to have good days and then really bad days with it....weird...I will be glad when it is over! Saturday was our 6yr anniversary and I has having a really good day....I actually enjoyed going to dinner, to the mall and then a no kids evening at home with my hubby! It was nice!
Tomorrow is our 1st appt. with my Dr. so excited and scared at the same time! Praying he stops counting after 1! :giggle: Don't get me wrong we will love 2 if that is how many are in here...but to be honest I think hubby would run away screaming or die of a heart attack right there! :rofl: So tomorrow we will see if I will be a widow or not!
Oh and I had to tell someone this...yesterday while making my yummy chocolate pudding.....I was looking at the milk I was pouring into the measuring cup thinking "that looks so good...nice cold milk" then I thought to myself "oh how weird was that I don't like milk"......I drink a small glass anyway and it was so good!!! And I really mean I don't like milk don't and won't drink it...I will only have milk in my cereal...and I have never ever craved milk with my other pg's....How weird is that???

Mochagirl
September 26th, 2011, 06:56 AM
princess - I know what you mean about hoping there's only 1 in there. DH will definitely have a heart attack if we're having twins again!!!

begonia
September 26th, 2011, 08:01 AM
Oh man I was right there with y'all keeping FX for one baby! Obviously love what you get, twins, boy, girl, what have you .... but we all have our preferences!

LOL about craving milk now, Princess!

Mocha, re: the girl diet, I rarely dieted, have always been more like you say .. ate a ton and just didn't think about it, and stayed thin... I also trained for marathons though. And my "ton" of food was very girl-diet friendly in that it was low-nutrient, high-sugar though. Like a 3000 calorie day could realistically have been made up of half calories from candy and cake. That said in college I did fall into the whole calorie-counting obsession (like the LE girl diet) and it was VERY hard to break those habits. I am a perfectionist, I like having rules and structure and definitely am obsessive (hence why I must find out what I'm having, LOL, but oh my, the examples I could give!) kinda girl. It might take you some time but you'll get back to your old normal. Weight-wise and mentally.

So today I decided on a different plan of attack (inspired by you Zan! You're right, I need a definitive answer today!) and I am going to have them SHOW me the parts so there's no doubt, and tell me for sure (probably still go for the writing it down, unless the parts are super obvious), but I'm NOT going to have them give me any pictures to take home that show gender. That way if DH somehow finds them I can always say that yes I had a scan, but they weren't able to get a good enough shot to show gender :bigsmile: The lengths I am going to to protect his surprise while still protecting my sanity.... goodness.

I will be SO happy to have this answered today! I really feel like I'm going to be good with another girl ... obviously hoping for a boy, but thinking I'll avoid GD this time for sure. This being the last baby I'm just super happy to even have it. For a long time DH was only a 2 baby kinda guy, so this is my bonus and I'm going to love every bit of it!

Mochagirl
September 26th, 2011, 08:14 AM
Sounds like a great plan, begonia! Best of luck today!

begonia
September 26th, 2011, 09:38 AM
Thank you Mocha! It's 2 hours away and I'm totally on pins and needles now ... YIKES! So happy to be finding out though :)

DoulaMama
September 26th, 2011, 11:17 AM
OMG!!!! Today is the day! I'm so freakin excited for you, B!!! I totally hear you about the "bonus" baby:) My hubby was more than happy with 2 and I even agreed to 2 before we were married!!! LOL I begged my DH for #3 and #4 took a year of convincing!

I keep having second thoughts....I remember the feeling of guilt that you talk about in your previous post....and I remember needing to "fake" my surprise at the birth. To be honest with you, that was the worst:(With my last I was shocked(and everyone could tell I was shocked)because I was certain he was a "SHE". If I find out I'm having a girl at the birth...my shock at the end will be so obvious and I will cry buckets at the birth:) If I know before hand, it won't be like that.....Ugh. I hate not knowing, and my hubby said he didn't want to find out the last time I talked to him. I'm sure I could say, 'too bad, so sad, I'm finding out' but I know he'll say- "don't tell me!". Grrrr......I don't know. Maybe I'll just wait until the 17w mark and decide then. I have another 6w of thinking to do....

Mocha- I'm so certain that before tracking calories, I was eating over 3000 a day! I don't tend to gain weight quickly unless I'm coming off of a diet, so I guess my body can burn a lot of what I take in. Maybe it's the same for you? I wouldn't worry too much:) Just step on the scale a few times a week to watch, and forget about the diet:)...easy for me to say, hey? LOL

Z- I'm so jealous you don't get sick!!! OMG what I do for a day with no m/s. Sigh.
Princess- Now I want chocolate pudding......hehehe

begonia
September 26th, 2011, 11:57 AM
Girl 3! Will post more later but am ok!

Mochagirl
September 26th, 2011, 12:00 PM
begonia - congratulations on another gorgeous baby girl! :HH:

zanacal
September 26th, 2011, 12:02 PM
Congratulations Begonia, I'm glad you're ok but {hugs} in case you need them!

Mochagirl
September 26th, 2011, 12:03 PM
For those with m/s...when did it start? I find it odd that I haven't been sick at all yet - I've always started to get it before my BFP. Is it a sign that I won't get it badly this time, or can it come later and be just as bad?

DoulaMama
September 26th, 2011, 12:18 PM
Congratulations B!!! Hugs from me as well, just in case you need a wee one :) I have to say that 3 of a kind is lots of fun!! xoxoxo

M- mine starts at 6w on the nose but this time didn't start until 7w. It's just as bad:( I hope for your sake it isn't!!! I really hate this part of pregnancy.

tweedledeedum
September 26th, 2011, 12:23 PM
Begonia - conngratulations on your new baby! Hugs if you need them... (personally, i would love your family make up!) Hope you are doing okay.

I actually had moments of nausea since before I got my BFP. The constant sick feelings have slowly increased since getting my BFP and it has been pretty constant since about 4.5 wks. I am worried about it getting worse as I don't know if I will be able to function. So far no throwing up, though. I read it can start at week 5, 6, 7 but if you don't have it by about week 9, you should be okay.

My first pregnancy I had no morning sickness, at all. Second pregnancy, I threw up about five times, but felt good most of the time. This time it is constant. Does anyone know if morning sickness increases with each pregnancy? Or is it just individual?

Flava
September 26th, 2011, 12:38 PM
Hi girls flava here!http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o23/dreamer__dream_big/Smileys/Waving-Smiley-1.gif

thanks mocha for invite:bigsmile:
Im due in June but there is no june thread:suprise:

Ummm what for now...:think: first I hope baby sticks and healthy!
Im also scared of twins and Im trying hard to quit this damn pig out diet!!!
Would that be ok now? In a way Im scared that if I start eat less I have a m/c .

have to go out and buy even bigger jeans!:hair:

Glittergirl
September 26th, 2011, 12:58 PM
Congratulations Begonia! I am biased but I think three of a kind is SUPER!
DM--so now you are gonna find out too??? I'm so confused if I should or not. I still have a few weeks to decide.
Mocha--not sure what you can do about the diet, are you not too sick? I would think that would be enough to stay off any diet and eat what sounds appetizing.

Mochagirl
September 26th, 2011, 01:08 PM
Nope, Glittergirl - not sick in the least. I could eat my body weight in food at every meal if I let myself....

begonia
September 26th, 2011, 01:15 PM
I do need hugs so thank you! I'm really not having GD, at least nothing like last time ... and I'm really, REALLY happy to know because seriously, I was NOT thinking about girls names at all. I really was hoping we wouldn't have to find one. So now I know I need to take that seriously, and I need to get on it so DH quits referring to the bean as our boy name. I'm really disappointed he'll never have a son. He loves our girls to bits and thank goodness they aren't princesses at all, but still... there are all kinds of father/son things I know he'd love to do. And he's his father's only son so there goes the family name. And I would have loved to have a little mini-DH because obviously I think he's a great man, and now ... you know. None of that will come, because I'm definitely not having 4.

So I can see the greatness of 3 of a kind, but ... it's definitely not what I was hoping for. But I wouldn't change a thing because this baby is meant for our family.

Mochagirl
September 26th, 2011, 01:19 PM
Lots of hugs, Begonia - I felt the same way when I found out I was having ds3.

DoulaMama
September 26th, 2011, 01:23 PM
Begonia - conngratulations on your new baby! Hugs if you need them... (personally, i would love your family make up!) Hope you are doing okay.

I actually had moments of nausea since before I got my BFP. The constant sick feelings have slowly increased since getting my BFP and it has been pretty constant since about 4.5 wks. I am worried about it getting worse as I don't know if I will be able to function. So far no throwing up, though. I read it can start at week 5, 6, 7 but if you don't have it by about week 9, you should be okay.

My first pregnancy I had no morning sickness, at all. Second pregnancy, I threw up about five times, but felt good most of the time. This time it is constant. Does anyone know if morning sickness increases with each pregnancy? Or is it just individual?
Mine has totally increased with each pregnancy! Plus it lasts for longer each time:(

Congratulations Begonia! I am biased but I think three of a kind is SUPER!
DM--so now you are gonna find out too??? I'm so confused if I should or not. I still have a few weeks to decide.
Mocha--not sure what you can do about the diet, are you not too sick? I would think that would be enough to stay off any diet and eat what sounds appetizing.

I don't know GG! Ugh! I secretly found out with DS1 and DS2 (and yes I told no one...I impressed myself!) but I waited for DS3 and loved the surprise at the end. I went to the Dr. and got a u/s req. for an early scan but I don't think that the u/s tech will actually look for a nub, and I would either want to know FOR SURE or not at all so I would need to get a later u/s anyway, just to confirm. And I talked to my Dr. about getting an u/s req just for a placental check(I don't want any u/s's at all during this pregnancy but that's the only way i'll find out what I'm having so i was trying to find a way to do this...) because I don't like the 45 min long u/s's, and she looked at me like I was nuts...and said no. So the only way I can go in and get a fast gender check and leave without a hassle is going to the fun scans....$200 dollars later:(

I'm so on the fence! I think it's boy number four, my hubby wants a curling team and would love another son:) I know he'd be thrilled if it was a girl...but more so for me because he knows how much this means to me. So in the end, it's just me that really cares. I hate having GD during the pregnancy so I really have to be honest and do some soul searching before making up my mind. the nice thing about it all is that I have a beautiful boy name that I love. I can actually see my fourth little boy and picture him having fun with his brothers. :HH: How many weeks do you have before your scan, GG??? What are your thoughts??

DoulaMama
September 26th, 2011, 01:38 PM
I do need hugs so thank you! I'm really not having GD, at least nothing like last time ... and I'm really, REALLY happy to know because seriously, I was NOT thinking about girls names at all. I really was hoping we wouldn't have to find one. So now I know I need to take that seriously, and I need to get on it so DH quits referring to the bean as our boy name. I'm really disappointed he'll never have a son. He loves our girls to bits and thank goodness they aren't princesses at all, but still... there are all kinds of father/son things I know he'd love to do. And he's his father's only son so there goes the family name. And I would have loved to have a little mini-DH because obviously I think he's a great man, and now ... you know. None of that will come, because I'm definitely not having 4.

So I can see the greatness of 3 of a kind, but ... it's definitely not what I was hoping for. But I wouldn't change a thing because this baby is meant for our family.
Oh B, I wish I was close and could give you a great big hug. xoxoxo

I'm crying over here....It's made me rethink this whole finding out thing. And it's not because I feel bad or sorry for you(I'm sad that you are sad....iykwim), it's knowing that it's the same thing for me- I won't have 5....and like you said....there's some things that I'll never get to do. My hubby won't get to walk our daughter down the aisle, no girly shopping trips, no wedding dress, and it's not the same when your son has a child in comparison to a daughter(and you all know how into birth I am!), no sewing girly dresses, the list goes on. I know that as much as I tell myself I won't be too upset....I know I'm going to be crushed for awhile, be it at the birth or before. :( OMG I'm sorry to make this about me.....what a cow I am. Anyway, I wanted to say, I feel for you. I don't know exactly what's going through your mind right now but I know all about the hope and the disappointment. Much love to you, Hun. xoxo

SpicyTunaSushi
September 26th, 2011, 01:43 PM
Hugs again Begonia. I know that it is still settling in- we all know how you feel. :)

DoulaMama
September 26th, 2011, 02:03 PM
Just did a quick search in my town and i can get a no-frills, 2D, 5-10min u/s for $90 :) 2D is what normal u/s's usually are right? They can tell the sex, right? At least I won't break the bank if I do decide to do this.

Another thing about finding out that I just thought about- my 5.5yo son is so certain this little one is a girl....(but he felt that way about DS3 as well) that I want to really talk him down, kinda like what you'll be doing with DH, B. He knows this is the last baby and he knows that we would all love a boy or a girl, but I'm afraid he'll be so down when he finds out he doesn't get a sister. Ugh...decisions.

Mochagirl
September 26th, 2011, 02:38 PM
DM - how do you find a private ultrasound place? I know it's a while until I could get a gender scan, but I did some searches, and all I came up with was one place in Toronto and one in Mississauga. There MUST be one closer to me, right?

zanacal
September 26th, 2011, 02:39 PM
DM - my boys were convinced DS3 would be a girl too and I kind of started to go along with it as if they had some kind of 6th sense. When my mum told DS2 he had a new baby brother he refused to believe it and was adament he had a new baby sister! You know, I never even considered that we wouldn't have a girl or that we should do something to try to get one before this pregnancy - I just thought it would happen. I don't know why it didn't occur to me!

Begonia - more {hugs}. I get upset about the things I think DH will miss out on if he doesn't have a daughter but I'm not at all sure that he feels even half as disappointed as I do. Is there any chance that the things you're feeling sad about for your DH aren't as important to him? Your girls sound wonderful and perhaps he doesn't feel the 'gap' of not having a son that you imagine - I have no idea of course but I hate to think of you feeling so badly for him if he's happy with his lot. Isn't it a strange life, some of us so desperate for a girl and having a string of boys and some of you wanting a boy and having a string of girls. We really aren't in control and I'm sure we all have the babies that are meant for us. This little girl is going to bring you so much love and happiness :D

begonia
September 26th, 2011, 02:52 PM
Oh B, I wish I was close and could give you a great big hug. xoxoxo

I'm crying over here....It's made me rethink this whole finding out thing. And it's not because I feel bad or sorry for you(I'm sad that you are sad....iykwim), it's knowing that it's the same thing for me- I won't have 5....and like you said....there's some things that I'll never get to do. My hubby won't get to walk our daughter down the aisle, no girly shopping trips, no wedding dress, and it's not the same when your son has a child in comparison to a daughter(and you all know how into birth I am!), no sewing girly dresses, the list goes on. I know that as much as I tell myself I won't be too upset....I know I'm going to be crushed for awhile, be it at the birth or before. :( OMG I'm sorry to make this about me.....what a cow I am. Anyway, I wanted to say, I feel for you. I don't know exactly what's going through your mind right now but I know all about the hope and the disappointment. Much love to you, Hun. xoxo

No, no, no ... it helps, it really does, to have other people totally get it. So I love how you made it about you, and I really, really hope you do get your DD... and that everyone can get their DG really.

I was definitely more disappointed over DD2 than I am over this one, and honestly I am SURE DH will be fine. He's wonderful with our ladies. In fact when I asked him if he was disappointed when we found out our second was also a girl, his comment was "Now I have to give TWO of them away?!?"

As for the finding out/not finding out I was pretty torn up with the not knowing. I really am glad to be out of that misery. I just went for a nice long walk and while I couldn't think of a girl name, LOL, I did spend most of it being grateful for all that I have and not thinking about what I don't. One of my best friends lost her 4th child, a 4 year old boy, earlier this year and for me to spend more than an hour grieving a son I never even had is more self-indulgent than I can be at this point in my life. I'm not judging anyone for their GD, it is a very real and honest and HARD thing to deal with... I just really am not even going to allow myself to wallow in something that really isn't THAT big of a deal. I wanted three children, I am going to have three children, and I'm going to focus on how fantastically lucky I am from here on out with this pregnancy. It's just a shame I can't go buy some fab outfits right now :cool:

So anyhow ... only you know how you'll handle the news. I'm happy to say that I was right in thinking I'd be glad to know. Give yourself time to think through it and sort it out and I bet you'll know the right answer for yourself!

begonia
September 26th, 2011, 02:58 PM
DM - my boys were convinced DS3 would be a girl too and I kind of started to go along with it as if they had some kind of 6th sense. When my mum told DS2 he had a new baby brother he refused to believe it and was adament he had a new baby sister! You know, I never even considered that we wouldn't have a girl or that we should do something to try to get one before this pregnancy - I just thought it would happen. I don't know why it didn't occur to me! This was totally me Zan! TOTALLY! Dh and I both come from pigeon pairs and I just always figured we would have one of each too. Oh well :)

Begonia - more {hugs}. I get upset about the things I think DH will miss out on if he doesn't have a daughter but I'm not at all sure that he feels even half as disappointed as I do. Is there any chance that the things you're feeling sad about for your DH aren't as important to him? Your girls sound wonderful and perhaps he doesn't feel the 'gap' of not having a son that you imagine - I have no idea of course but I hate to think of you feeling so badly for him if he's happy with his lot. Isn't it a strange life, some of us so desperate for a girl and having a string of boys and some of you wanting a boy and having a string of girls. We really aren't in control and I'm sure we all have the babies that are meant for us. This little girl is going to bring you so much love and happiness :D

Zan, I do think I am magnifying what DH will feel, I absolutely do. When I was out on a walk now I was thinking about how I wish it was ME missing out on having a daughter (which, actually ... I only ever wanted boys, funny how that works! Wouldn't change a thing obviously!!) because it is easier to handle your own disappointment than to see someone you love disappointed. At least for me it is. I think he'll be fine. Our oldest DD couldn't be more of a tomboy ... they are going camping together in 2 weeks, she loves to golf with him, etc. And DD2 is pining away for a pet snake ... LOL. There isn't a Disney Princess (movie or toy) in our home yet! But maybe girl #3 is going to be our little princess, who knows?!? It will be fun to see who she is though. I can't wait :)

Thank you the hug Spicy! FX for you!

And thank you everyone for being so great about it; I'm glad I have a place to work through it all with people who really get it :)

DoulaMama
September 26th, 2011, 03:05 PM
DM - how do you find a private ultrasound place? I know it's a while until I could get a gender scan, but I did some searches, and all I came up with was one place in Toronto and one in Mississauga. There MUST be one closer to me, right?

There's one in Rockwood...about an hour away...still too far? I'll keep looking for you:)

http://www.babybonus3dultrasound.com/services/
At the bottom of that linked page there's a $100 gender only u/s :)

zanacal
September 26th, 2011, 03:21 PM
I think you make a great point Begonia, that we can get different things from our relationships with each of our children no matter what the sex. I'm going to take a leaf out of your book and focus not on whether my children are boys or girls but on the fabulous qualities they have individually and together. That's so very sad about your friend's son, perspective is easy to come by when you see others experience such tragedy.

DoulaMama
September 26th, 2011, 03:27 PM
No, no, no ... it helps, it really does, to have other people totally get it. So I love how you made it about you, and I really, really hope you do get your DD... and that everyone can get their DG really.

Thank you B. ((HUGS))

As for the finding out/not finding out I was pretty torn up with the not knowing. I really am glad to be out of that misery. I just went for a nice long walk and while I couldn't think of a girl name, LOL, I did spend most of it being grateful for all that I have and not thinking about what I don't. One of my best friends lost her 4th child, a 4 year old boy, earlier this year and for me to spend more than an hour grieving a son I never even had is more self-indulgent than I can be at this point in my life. I'm not judging anyone for their GD, it is a very real and honest and HARD thing to deal with... I just really am not even going to allow myself to wallow in something that really isn't THAT big of a deal. I wanted three children, I am going to have three children, and I'm going to focus on how fantastically lucky I am from here on out with this pregnancy. It's just a shame I can't go buy some fab outfits right now :cool:

So anyhow ... only you know how you'll handle the news. I'm happy to say that I was right in thinking I'd be glad to know. Give yourself time to think through it and sort it out and I bet you'll know the right answer for yourself!

Thank you again :) I am so sorry to hear about your BF's little boy. OMG I cannot even begin to think about the possibility that I will outlive any of my children :( :tissue:

After reading the bolded portion of your post, it really gave me something to think about. Thank you :) :HH: I will not love my child any less, we will all be thankful that we have that little person in our lives no matter what we have, I will feel the disappointment for awhile, no doubt, but it will go away and I know I'm going to stop focusing on the "what-if"(what if I have one more) after this baby is here as we will not have anymore kids. I almost think there will be some closure for me. For 4 years now I have hoped for a daughter...4 years of thinking, obsessing, trying for another, trying to convince my hubby for another....I will be so happy to not have to think about that anymore. I can focus on enjoying what I have :) it's sad to think that GD can do this to a person.... :( I'm going to find out and put this stress and obsessing to rest. I'll let you guys know, when I find out but no one else will know. I'm really good at keeping secrets:) Thank you for taking the time to write that out, B:) I needed to read that. xoxoxo

Z- I never thought I'd be in a place like this on the net.....pining away for a daughter. I was raised mainly by my mom, with a sister....had lots of girlfriends....I stupidly assumed I would have a couple girls. And, like B said above.....I would feel bad right now if I had 3 girls and I was hoping that DH could have a son. Ugh. GD is such a mess.

Mochagirl
September 26th, 2011, 03:29 PM
[QUOTE=DoulaMama;81527]There's one in Rockwood...about an hour away...still too far? I'll keep looking for you:)

I don't even know where Rockwood is! I was hoping to find a local one so I could do it without telling dh. I don't think he'd ever approve of me spending money on something I can get for free.

Do you do Google searches for 'private ultrasound' to find them?

Mochagirl
September 26th, 2011, 03:32 PM
I think you make a great point Begonia, that we can get different things from our relationships with each of our children no matter what the sex.

Very true. I'm lucky enough to have one son who's more interested in clothes and pretty things than sports and trucks. His favourite colour is pink and he loves to make and wear beaded jewellery. There's no saying whether a daughter would be interested in the same things as me anyway - maybe my ds will become my shopping buddy as he grows older :HH:.

Mochagirl
September 26th, 2011, 03:34 PM
Z- I never thought I'd be in a place like this on the net.....pining away for a daughter. I was raised mainly by my mom, with a sister....had lots of girlfriends....I stupidly assumed I would have a couple girls. And, like B said above.....I would feel bad right now if I had 3 girls and I was hoping that DH could have a son. Ugh. GD is such a mess.

I also spent my whole life assuming I'd have a daughter - whenever I pictured myself as a Mom it was with a freckle-faced girl who looked like me. If I'd ever stopped to think about it I probably would have realised it might be trickier than I thought to have a girl - I have 3 older brothers, and DH is also from a family of 3 boys and one girl.

DoulaMama
September 26th, 2011, 03:42 PM
[QUOTE=DoulaMama;81527]There's one in Rockwood...about an hour away...still too far? I'll keep looking for you:)

I don't even know where Rockwood is! I was hoping to find a local one so I could do it without telling dh. I don't think he'd ever approve of me spending money on something I can get for free.

Do you do Google searches for 'private ultrasound' to find them?

I think if you go on the site they have a map in the contacts section....and yeah, I put "baby ultrasound ontario" and there are a few but just in the 2 places you mentioned. Rockwood was the closest to you. I know...$100 dollars for something I could get for free. I feel bad for doing it...but my mind is worth $100!!! LOL

DoulaMama
September 26th, 2011, 03:44 PM
Very true. I'm lucky enough to have one son who's more interested in clothes and pretty things than sports and trucks. His favourite colour is pink and he loves to make and wear beaded jewellery. There's no saying whether a daughter would be interested in the same things as me anyway - maybe my ds will become my shopping buddy as he grows older :HH:.

:HH: I think my oldest will become my potential shopper:) I hope to have at least one son that will like to really hang out with mom when they're older. Plus, I really hope that my DIL's are sweet and that we can be close too:)

Mochagirl
September 26th, 2011, 03:49 PM
[QUOTE=Mochagirl;81534]

I think if you go on the site they have a map in the contacts section....and yeah, I put "baby ultrasound ontario" and there are a few but just in the 2 places you mentioned. Rockwood was the closest to you. I know...$100 dollars for something I could get for free. I feel bad for doing it...but my mind is worth $100!!! LOL

I think I might have found one in Cambridge, which is definitely close enough...but their website won't load so I'm not sure they offer gender scans.... I don't even know why I'm spending so much time on this anyway - I'm only 4 weeks pregnant! :bigsmile:

DoulaMama
September 26th, 2011, 04:02 PM
Mocha- Why don't you call and see... LOL!!! 519-620-2240

DoulaMama
September 26th, 2011, 04:03 PM
So why is it that you want a scan, Mocha? Will they not tell you at the u/s? Or does your DH want a surprise...and you are finding out without him knowing? Just nosey!

zanacal
September 26th, 2011, 04:08 PM
Lol, my DS2 is my girly boy. As soon as he stopped going to pre-school with DS1 (who is very anti-pink!) he started dressing up in dresses and fairy outfits and playing with dolls all the time! He's such a sweetie x

I'm so excited you're going to find out DM - when will you have the scan?

Having said yesterday that I have no pregnancy symptoms, I have been so HOT since last night (and I mean temperature wise!) and this evening I feel a little sick!

Mochagirl
September 26th, 2011, 04:10 PM
So why is it that you want a scan, Mocha? Will they not tell you at the u/s? Or does your DH want a surprise...and you are finding out without him knowing? Just nosey!

Oh, only because I've never had one of those 'fun' ultrasounds (though I had an ultrasound every week during my twin pregnancy) and because I could find out the gender a few weeks early. It's a loooong way away, though, and I'll probably just end up waiting until the regular 20 week u/s and hope they get a good shot. I just want to know what my options are.

DoulaMama
September 26th, 2011, 04:19 PM
Lol, my DS2 is my girly boy. As soon as he stopped going to pre-school with DS1 (who is very anti-pink!) he started dressing up in dresses and fairy outfits and playing with dolls all the time! He's such a sweetie x

I'm so excited you're going to find out DM - when will you have the scan?

Having said yesterday that I have no pregnancy symptoms, I have been so HOT since last night (and I mean temperature wise!) and this evening I feel a little sick!

Z, my middle guy just brought home tu-tu from our local kids shop and he loves it! LOL It's zebra print and all! I'm extremely open and dislike the whole "girls=pink" and "boys=football" roles. My kids can be whoever they're going to be:) It's nice to hear that other moms feel the same way:HH:

I think I'll be finding out at 17w! EEK! That's 6 weeks from Wed. OMG....I'm getting all nervous just thinking about it! LOL

DoulaMama
September 26th, 2011, 04:20 PM
Oh, only because I've never had one of those 'fun' ultrasounds (though I had an ultrasound every week during my twin pregnancy) and because I could find out the gender a few weeks early. It's a loooong way away, though, and I'll probably just end up waiting until the regular 20 week u/s and hope they get a good shot. I just want to know what my options are.

Ah Gotcha! Did you find out easily with the twins..is it harder to get a gender shot with 2 crammed in there? LOL

Mochagirl
September 26th, 2011, 04:53 PM
Believe it or not, we didn't find out the gender with my twins. I wanted to, but DH wouldn't hear of it. It was REALLY hard not to find out with all the scans we had to have - we had to tell the tech every week not to tell us. I was CONVINCED I was having girl twins - I even bought lots of girly outfits (which I still have). We had our two girl names all picked out but had never agreed on boy names...then BAM all of a sudden we had two boys. One of the reasons I found out the gender with ds3 and probably will again with this one is that I will always feel guilty that when the doctor said 'It's a boy!' when the first twin was born my first thought was of disappointment. Of course I loved them to bits immediately, but it was that initial moment that makes me feel guilty.

begonia
September 26th, 2011, 08:10 PM
I think you make a great point Begonia, that we can get different things from our relationships with each of our children no matter what the sex. I'm going to take a leaf out of your book and focus not on whether my children are boys or girls but on the fabulous qualities they have individually and together. That's so very sad about your friend's son, perspective is easy to come by when you see others experience such tragedy.

It is, isn't it? I adore her so much and I hate that she's having to go through it. She lost her father when we were kids and has said that the pain from that PALES in comparison.

But yes, it sounds like lots of you boy moms have sons who don't fit the traditional mold, and my girls sure don't ... and I LOVE it! So it will be really funny for us if this little girl ends up being the disney princess type that so many of my friends seem to have. That will definitely bring something different to our family!

begonia
September 26th, 2011, 08:22 PM
Thank you again :) I am so sorry to hear about your BF's little boy. OMG I cannot even begin to think about the possibility that I will outlive any of my children :( :tissue:

After reading the bolded portion of your post, it really gave me something to think about. Thank you :) :HH: I will not love my child any less, we will all be thankful that we have that little person in our lives no matter what we have, I will feel the disappointment for awhile, no doubt, but it will go away and I know I'm going to stop focusing on the "what-if"(what if I have one more) after this baby is here as we will not have anymore kids. I almost think there will be some closure for me. For 4 years now I have hoped for a daughter...4 years of thinking, obsessing, trying for another, trying to convince my hubby for another....I will be so happy to not have to think about that anymore. I can focus on enjoying what I have :) it's sad to think that GD can do this to a person.... :( I'm going to find out and put this stress and obsessing to rest. I'll let you guys know, when I find out but no one else will know. I'm really good at keeping secrets:) Thank you for taking the time to write that out, B:) I needed to read that. xoxoxo

Oh DM that's really just exactly how I felt re: finding out, I needed to put the hope to rest. I've always wanted a son. And with each pregnancy that hope was always there, and in between them it was nice to know that "maybe next time" it would happen ... but this pregnancy I knew there wouldn't be a next time, and I was really ready to be done with hoping and know my final results. And while yes, I wanted a son, I'm very much at peace knowing now that I will not have one. I'll have three healthy girls :) It was really precious getting to see her today and I can't wait to meet her and fall in love with what matters, who she is!

I think how we're raised definitely plays a part in our hopes for the gender of our children. My dad was not part of my life and my mom, well, she really, really screwed a whole lot up. We were not close. So I didn't want a daughter. But of course as an adult you realize it isn't the gender that makes the relationship, like Zan said too. It's the RELATIONSHIP that makes the relationship, LOL! And I plan on building strong ones with my girls. And ideally, a strong one between the 3 of them. I would love nothing more than to see them as adults have a really strong bond, and be each other's best friends.

FWIW (I think I'm the only girl mom here but Flava's chiming in now) my DH is VERY close with his mother. They've always been close. It definitely played a part in me wanting a son, seeing their bond. And as her daughter-in-law I couldn't adore her more :)

Oh MAN I hope I get some good sons-in-law, LOL!

Anyhow, y'all have all really helped me work through this today and I so appreciate it! It's a heavy topic and not nearly as fun as chatting about pudding! I clearly have lots of pink dust to spread around so please, take it ... I hope you all get your girls!! Can't wait for all the ultrasounds now :)

begonia
September 26th, 2011, 08:26 PM
Believe it or not, we didn't find out the gender with my twins. I wanted to, but DH wouldn't hear of it. It was REALLY hard not to find out with all the scans we had to have - we had to tell the tech every week not to tell us. I was CONVINCED I was having girl twins - I even bought lots of girly outfits (which I still have). We had our two girl names all picked out but had never agreed on boy names...then BAM all of a sudden we had two boys. One of the reasons I found out the gender with ds3 and probably will again with this one is that I will always feel guilty that when the doctor said 'It's a boy!' when the first twin was born my first thought was of disappointment. Of course I loved them to bits immediately, but it was that initial moment that makes me feel guilty.

WOW! So you didn't know with the twins, I bet that was hard suddenly having to pick out 2 names when you hadn't planned on it!

I also didn't want even a hint of disappointment on the birthday; I think like you Mocha it would have passed quickly but it would have been there for sure. I'm worried DH might have a minute or two, I hate knowing he'll likely get some comments from his friends like "sorry you didn't get a boy" ... but ... he wants a surprise, and I'm sure he'll deal with it and move on and be just fine. I'm not at all concerned that he'll have any real disappointment or regret for having girl #3.

begonia
September 26th, 2011, 09:31 PM
Ok ... round 1 of lowering DH's expectations complete, LOL! And as you'll see he really was already pretty low... in a good way given what I know now. He's still at work (going to have to pay for 3 colleges plus weddings, now :rofl:) so we were just talking on the phone.
Me: "Ok so I had a dream last night that we had a girl. And she was born, and we had no name. At all. We called her Three."

Him: "I've been telling you for 4 months now it's going to be a girl; we don't make boys. So yes, we should probably pick a name."

Me: "I know. I just kept thinking, since I've had 2 boy dreams (that is true by the way) that we could maybe bypass it this time. But it definitely could be another girl and I guess I need to get ready for that."

Him: "It is what it is, and whoever it is God chose for us, and it's going to be amazing to have it in our arms next year. But you can't rely on Him to pick a name so yeah, you better start thinking about it. And seriously, just go buy something pink and expensive, you know you want to!"

He really is the best. It's a shame he won't have a son but I couldn't ask for a better man to raise my daughters. And yes, I am crying :tissue:

princesssarah34
September 26th, 2011, 11:02 PM
Ok ... round 1 of lowering DH's expectations complete, LOL! And as you'll see he really was already pretty low... in a good way given what I know now. He's still at work (going to have to pay for 3 colleges plus weddings, now :rofl:) so we were just talking on the phone.
Me: "Ok so I had a dream last night that we had a girl. And she was born, and we had no name. At all. We called her Three."

Him: "I've been telling you for 4 months now it's going to be a girl; we don't make boys. So yes, we should probably pick a name."

Me: "I know. I just kept thinking, since I've had 2 boy dreams (that is true by the way) that we could maybe bypass it this time. But it definitely could be another girl and I guess I need to get ready for that."

Him: "It is what it is, and whoever it is God chose for us, and it's going to be amazing to have it in our arms next year. But you can't rely on Him to pick a name so yeah, you better start thinking about it. And seriously, just go buy something pink and expensive, you know you want to!"

He really is the best. It's a shame he won't have a son but I couldn't ask for a better man to raise my daughters. And yes, I am crying :tissue:

OMG now I am crying......that was so sweet!! And he is great!

Ok ladies....I am back from my 1st appt. and well since my Dr. that I have had forever has switched up how he does things...he takes all his medi-cal patients at the specialty clinic ow and they don't do the U/S there..(he said because they don't have a good enough machine there)..so I get to go back over Wed. to the special office for U/S to determine how far along I really am! He basicly said by the date you gave me for last period you should be 7 almost 8 weeks....but by feel you feel more like 10 weeks.....WHAT??? and by my symptoms he said usually you don't have those ones until about 10 weeks when you are pg..(he was refering to my past pg symptoms)..so he was going by feel and my past experiance with stuff and said 10 weeks! So Wed. we will find out for sure! Funny thing is I instanly thought twins when he said you feel way bigger than 7 weeks! So I still have to wait to see how many and the heart beat!!

princesssarah34
September 27th, 2011, 01:14 PM
Welcome Flava!!! Sorry if you got lost in this thread......I get lost here too! Please stay and chat with us! :bigsmile: I was very happy to read your spotting stopped! And you are only a size 8.......ugh I haven't been an 8 well never....a long time ago I was a 5....now anywhere between 11-13! But I totally get how you feel esp. when you where a 0!

Good morning ladies!! I had the weirdest dream last night! For some reason I was a human with two tiger cubs laying next to me! And when a Mama Tiger came over and started sniffing me I said "here taken them their not mine...I don't know how they got here!" Than I got up and ran...but the little cubs ran after me! Then I woke up...actually DS#3 woke me up wanting to get in my bed!

Mochagirl
September 27th, 2011, 01:24 PM
Oh my goodness, did I forget to welcome you, Flava?? I'm glad you joined us here. Eventually we can try to get a June due date group set up, but so far I think it's just you and me!

Flava
September 27th, 2011, 01:37 PM
Thanks !:o
princess-I really Im big i have a big tummy and some more rolls over that! Im even far on my back Im not kidding! I look normal when Im size 1. I guess my bones are just really light or something like that.

mocha- we better wait for more girls to make a June group lol would be funny if it's just you and me . You see we due on the same day? hehe...I really have no clue when I do because it's asking for cycle length and mine is always different.
And who know really when baby comes right?

zanacal
September 27th, 2011, 01:40 PM
princesssarah - can't wait to hear what the verdict is at your scan. Make sure you let us know as soon as you can!

I'm now utterly convinced my colleague is pregnant. Today she said she doesn't fancy what the rest of her family is eating in the evenings lately so she just has pasta and today she randomly asked me which of my benefits I still get working part-time (and the only way to switch to part-time is to have a baby!). If she is, I wonder who is furthest along and who will tell our boss first! I bet it's her so I'll get to do the 'oh by the way, me too ... again' speech!!

Mochagirl
September 27th, 2011, 02:06 PM
That's so cool that we have the same due date! It's going to be a crazy month in our house - my twins' birthday is May 11th and ds3's birthday is June 25th - so this baby will come about halfway between!

My due date changes depending on whether I use the first day of my period or the day I ovulated. I decided to use my ovulation day since I'm pretty sure that's accurate, but I have no doubt that my midwife will use the other date (I think it's June 2nd, since that's what they do). You're right that it doesn't really matter anyway - the baby will come when the baby comes!

DoulaMama
September 27th, 2011, 02:22 PM
Welcome Flava!! xox

Mocha- I ALWAYS give OB's or MW's the date of LMP but I always make sure it's exactly 14 days behind my known ovulation so I have been known to fudge it....LOL I never give my real LMP if I know my O date doesn't fall exactly 14 days later. I know my body better than they do:) If I gave my OB my LMP with this past BFP cycle.....she'd have me due at 38 weeks! I O'd on CD30:)

Z- That's hilarious! Maybe you should tell your boss together...LOL I hated having to tell my boss when pregnant with #1. She HATED kids and always told us how much she hated them...and many people that worked with me(CTV Calgary) did not have kids nor wanted them....so it was a teeny bit awkward. She "let me go' a week later. Nice hey?

B- Your story had me in tears as well! it sounds like you have an incredible hubby and although there may be a tinge of sadness for him, for what will never be....your family will be perfect just the way it was intended:) xoxo :HH:

Princess- Can't wait to hear how it goes! KUP!

begonia
September 27th, 2011, 02:25 PM
Flava I'm sorry you got lost in the shuffle over here, you know we love you :) Fun that you and Mocha have close due dates!

I'm torn as to whether it is good for me personally to be here anymore. I feel so tied to so many of you that I want to know what happens, I want you all to get your DG, but for me right now this feels like a place where I came when I had hope, and not to be all Debbie Downer but I don't have that hope anymore. I have my reality, and my reality is I'm never going to have the son I wanted for all of my life, my DH is never going to have a boy to raise. And that's hard, and while this is a place where I get support on those feelings, I also feel like it might be healthier for me to get on with my life offline and move forward. I never ever saw myself with 3 daughters. Even though I knew for sure it was a possibility and a strong one that our third would also be a girl, I just had that hope. I'm still really glad that I found out because not knowing was worse for sure. But now that my hope is gone, and I'm not having any more kids, I think I need to move on for my own mental health. I'll no doubt lurk here and there to check on everyone and maybe one day (especially once she's here) I'll be able to come back fully to catch up, but right now, I need to focus on what I have, 3 healthy girls, and coming here reminds me of what I don't, and that's not healthy for me. Like I said, I'm sure I'll pop on, but it's not going to be daily or anywhere close to it. All that to say, I'm out for awhile. I love this place, and love y'all, and wish everyone the best! :kiss:

Mochagirl
September 27th, 2011, 02:26 PM
Z - I think you should talk privately to your co-worker to find out and share your news if she is - only if you know her well, of course - it would be nice to have an ally at work in on your shared secret!

DM - that's a good idea about changing your LMP with your midwife! It always drove me nuts that they had a different due date than I was using for ds, and a few days difference can become important if you're having a VBAC like me - they'll only let you go so late and I don't even think they will induce in my case but rather have another c-section!

Flava
September 27th, 2011, 02:29 PM
Z-i would tell it first so you dont have to say me too...

mocha- I wanted a October baby boy ! But that was before ...I so dont care anymore when just be a boy lol. And we have no bd at all around June so good for me.

DD-thanks! That is such a good idea to do!!! If they always count 14 days then I think I better do it too because my O was on cd 17.

Mochagirl
September 27th, 2011, 02:54 PM
begonia - we'll miss you, but we understand. I did the same thing when I found out ds3 was coming - that same week tons of women on IG I'd become close with found out they were having girls, and though I was elated for them, it made my GD even worse. One thing about these gender websites is I think they do keep GD alive and make it harder to move on and accept your one gender family.Take a break but hopefully don't stay away for long. :HH:

DoulaMama
September 27th, 2011, 03:00 PM
Flava I'm sorry you got lost in the shuffle over here, you know we love you :) Fun that you and Mocha have close due dates!

I'm torn as to whether it is good for me personally to be here anymore. I feel so tied to so many of you that I want to know what happens, I want you all to get your DG, but for me right now this feels like a place where I came when I had hope, and not to be all Debbie Downer but I don't have that hope anymore. I have my reality, and my reality is I'm never going to have the son I wanted for all of my life, my DH is never going to have a boy to raise. And that's hard, and while this is a place where I get support on those feelings, I also feel like it might be healthier for me to get on with my life offline and move forward. I never ever saw myself with 3 daughters. Even though I knew for sure it was a possibility and a strong one that our third would also be a girl, I just had that hope. I'm still really glad that I found out because not knowing was worse for sure. But now that my hope is gone, and I'm not having any more kids, I think I need to move on for my own mental health. I'll no doubt lurk here and there to check on everyone and maybe one day (especially once she's here) I'll be able to come back fully to catch up, but right now, I need to focus on what I have, 3 healthy girls, and coming here reminds me of what I don't, and that's not healthy for me. Like I said, I'm sure I'll pop on, but it's not going to be daily or anywhere close to it. All that to say, I'm out for awhile. I love this place, and love y'all, and wish everyone the best! :kiss:

I'm not sure if you'll see this.....but I TOTALLY understand. Once I have my scan, I can't say if I'll be here much either. I know that I'll lurk for sure and see how all my girls are doing:) To be honest, I just don't know if I can hear "boy" and then be here to watch others get their desired genders. That will be very hard for awhile I think. I hope your pregnancy is beautiful and smooth and I can't wait to hear about the birth of your little one! I'll be thinking of you~~~ xoxox

begonia
September 27th, 2011, 03:32 PM
Saw these as I had to pop back in to give love to Princessap ... yet again, such a dose of perspective. I wish everyone could just get pregnant, KWIM? Gender is a bonus. And I know we all know that but at the same time it's easier to know in your head than your heart.

Thank you guys for understanding where I'm coming from, I knew y'all would! FX you get your DG this time around! Now I really, really need to go take a break :)

Mochagirl
September 27th, 2011, 03:39 PM
To be honest, I just don't know if I can hear "boy" and then be here to watch others get their desired genders. That will be very hard for awhile I think.

I found that REALLY hard last time. What helped me was when a couple of other women who had swayed and not gotten their desired gender contacted me by PM to see how I was doing and tell me they knew exactly what I was going through. I found I was able to take a break and come back, though my heart still twinged when someone announced that their sway worked. I'll admit I'm scared of how I'll react to the news this time around. Last time I had the reassurance of knowing I could try one more time, but this time I don't have that...this is DEFINITELY our last baby. I have a feeling I'll have to take a long break if I hear boy too. I find I'm already getting scared about the gender scan and it's at least 3 months away for me!!

zanacal
September 27th, 2011, 03:41 PM
Begonia - I'll miss you but I understand and I'm sure you're doing the right thing for your sanity. Please, please do pop back every now and again and let us know how you are and what you're up to though :D

Flava - I'm going to try and wait until after our 12 week u/s to tell the world this time around, mainly because I don't want the boys to hear that mummy has a baby in her tummy until we're sure that everything is ok. So I'll keep my trap shut for them!! Did you spotting stop after that one time? How are you feeling?

Mocha - I do have a good relationship with my colleague but she's the sort of person you would be silly to trust with a secret iykwim! In a way I'd rather she got to 'fess up (if indeed she is pregnant!) first because I don't want to steal her thunder - and I've done this a few times lately :D I'll be looking for advice when it comes to telling my other colleague though - she is having trouble ttc, has been on clomid and looks to be going down the IVF route and tells me a fair bit about it all. That will be difficult.

DM - I had considered giving my midwife the date 14 days before my ovulation date too but I ovulated early in my cycle and I would rather have a later due date because I don't want to be cajooled into having an induction if I go overdue! That said, I don't suppose it makes much difference as the date will be adjusted at my 12 week scan if it's different to what they calculate now. Sod it, I'll do the O-14 day thing then I'll get my scan earlier!!

DoulaMama
September 27th, 2011, 03:52 PM
DM - I had considered giving my midwife the date 14 days before my ovulation date too but I ovulated early in my cycle and I would rather have a later due date because I don't want to be cajooled into having an induction if I go overdue! That said, I don't suppose it makes much difference as the date will be adjusted at my 12 week scan if it's different to what they calculate now. Sod it, I'll do the O-14 day thing then I'll get my scan earlier!!
Oh I don't think I would I move the date if I knew they would move my due date up by a few days...in your case let them have your LMP and you gain a few precious days! I also DO NOT ever let an u/s determine when I'm due if KNOW the day I ovulated. A machine cannot accurately know when your baby is due....u/s's are notoriously wrong. They can put that down in their paperwork if they wish, but my 40 weeks are up when I tell them. :) It's the same with going overdue....if I feel baby is fine at 42w.....we're not inducing. End of discussion. They can't drop care, and they can't force you to do anything against your will. We hire the Dr.'s and MW's and we are in charge of our health and well being. Sorry...just a rant.....I just hate seeing others worried about due dates etc as when it comes down to it....it doesn't really matter because we can refuse their inductions, the "necessary" c-sections, etc.

Being a VBAC is very difficult in this country. Mocha- just know that with a second VBAC you have a .03% higher chance at rupture than a person who has never had a section. Basically, you have a better chance at getting hit with your sons school bus.... LOL

xoxo

zanacal
September 27th, 2011, 04:16 PM
You're preaching to the converted DM! None of my others have been particularly late anyway (+2 days, +3 days and -1 day) so it hopefully won't be something I have to deal with.

Mochagirl
September 27th, 2011, 04:38 PM
Thanks, DM - I did LOTS of research before my first VBAC, so I'm secure in how safe it is. I was induced with my twins since it was my first pregnancy and I didn't know how to advocate for myself yet (I was only 37 weeks 5 days, so no wonder the induction wasn't successful!), but ds3 came one day before his due date, so hopefully I won't go late this time.

DoulaMama
September 27th, 2011, 05:02 PM
Thanks, DM - I did LOTS of research before my first VBAC, so I'm secure in how safe it is. I was induced with my twins since it was my first pregnancy and I didn't know how to advocate for myself yet (I was only 37 weeks 5 days, so no wonder the induction wasn't successful!), but ds3 came one day before his due date, so hopefully I won't go late this time.
Mine have come earlier and earlier...I'm hoping for the same thing too:) Although one of my close friends had 2 at 38 weeks and her last was 41+5! Yikes.....I'm really hoping that never happens again....LOL

You're preaching to the converted DM! None of my others have been particularly late anyway (+2 days, +3 days and -1 day) so it hopefully won't be something I have to deal with.
Sorry for the preaching!! I went to +11 with one of mine and it was HELL at the Dr's office. I just remember how much they pushed me into unwanted procedures etc and how much I'd regretted it afterwards:(

Glittergirl
September 27th, 2011, 05:08 PM
We'll miss you Begonia--I totally understand how you feel, having three boys and this is our last baby. Dh may want more, but in my heart I know I am done!!! I never wanted 5 kids, 4 was always maximum, it's the most I can have and still be 100% involved in their lives and be an active mommy! I would probably have to take a break too if I hear boy at my US (still not sure if I'm team green). I never had GD with #3 until I discovered IG. the more I saw women who wanted a Girl, the more it made me want one, need one.... and I do think these kinds of sites bring it on. Anyway, enjoy your Pink bundle--we will all be thinking of you!!! And I love your attitude--hope I have that if I hear boy!

ELP
September 28th, 2011, 04:12 AM
Welcome Flava and Mocha!!:HH:

ELP
September 28th, 2011, 04:19 AM
B, I underStand you having a break:hugs: It iS Soooo nice to eScape the computer for a While and rejoin the real World! Concentrate on the houSe, kidS, XmaS!! I'll pm you aSWell When i get my neW keyboard, i feel retarded on thiS one GRRR!!

Flava
September 28th, 2011, 08:03 AM
Oh it's so sad B. is gone! She was always so nice to me. I get it why it was hard with DD4 back on IG and I didn't even have a nice group there like B. have here. No1 really talked to me after I said girl ...

Z- no more spotting! I really hope it's a sticky baby!

Out of the Blue
September 28th, 2011, 09:51 AM
Hi, guys. I really need to catch up w/this thread but I'm just jumping in right now to say, :HH:Begonia:HH:, my heart is breaking into a million pieces for you. By November I'll probably in the exact same situation. You do what you need to do to get through this. Just know that ALL OF US are sending you lots and lots of good thoughts and we are thinking of you. XXXX

Mochagirl
September 28th, 2011, 12:04 PM
Oh it's so sad B. is gone! She was always so nice to me. I get it why it was hard with DD4 back on IG and I didn't even have a nice group there like B. have here. No1 really talked to me after I said girl ...

Flava - when were you TTC DD4? I think maybe we were on IG at the same time...I got my BFP with ds3 in October 2008. I'm sorry you felt abandoned after you heard girl - I only really knew the pink swayers there, but you and I could have supported each other if we'd known each other better then! :HH:

Flava
September 28th, 2011, 12:15 PM
mocha-I ttc for a long time for DD4 almost 2 years because I lost 4 msu pregnancy.Im thinking the unhealthy IG helped with that...got my bfp with her in 2009.

DoulaMama
September 28th, 2011, 12:37 PM
So, when would be the PERFECT time for a nub shot? The only reason I ask is I want to go get a real quick scan to rule out multiples(highly unlikely I know but I get anxiety very easily and I'm trying to stay stress free this pregnancy) and I'm not going to my dating scan that the Dr. wants...I'm going to pay the $90 at the fun u/s place, have her look for a placenta for me for placement, rule out 2, check for a living baby of course(having anxiety about that as well) and while we're at it get a nub shot! Yippee! So I'm 11w exactly today...when should I book it? Thanx Girls!!!

Out of the Blue
September 28th, 2011, 12:58 PM
OOOOOOOOOH...So exciting, Doula! I say 12wks right on the dot since the nub is supposed to be around 11-13wks. Just my 2 cents. Can't wait to see some pics!!! :cheer:

ELP
September 28th, 2011, 01:18 PM
So, when would be the PERFECT time for a nub shot?I'd Say aS cloSe to the 13th Week aS poSSIble, then the 'Still time to change' option iS ruled out!

zanacal
September 28th, 2011, 01:38 PM
DM - I hope my use of 'preaching' didn't sound harsh. I completely agree with everything you said and was just using a turn of phrase :D I can't wait to hear about that scan!!

DoulaMama
September 28th, 2011, 01:45 PM
Z- no, not at all! No worries.....I go off on tangents sometimes....it's hard not to! LOL

ELP and Blue- Thank you!! I too thought that 12w was the magic time...but if there's a better chance at the nub not changing, I'll opt for the later date:) OMG that's 2w away.....kinda nerve racking. Well, off to go book an appt!! EEEK!!!

ETA- Well, looking at my schedule for when my DH can watch the kids for a few minutes while I get it done, I'm looking at 12w 6d. :) Im excited!!!

Mochagirl
September 28th, 2011, 01:50 PM
Ooooohh, how exciting! Now we can stalk DM for her nub shot!

ELP
September 28th, 2011, 02:07 PM
ThatS What I WaS DM, 12+6:agree:

zanacal
September 28th, 2011, 02:49 PM
Oh yay, have you made the appointment? Have you, have you yet?!!

Flava
September 28th, 2011, 03:00 PM
Im so stalking!!! http://emoticoner.com/files/emoticons/red-fox/red-fox-emoticon-04.gif (http://emoticoner.com) Go after 12 weeks!

Glittergirl
September 28th, 2011, 03:08 PM
Yay so glad you're gonna get a nub shot DM! I suggest you go as close to 13 weeks as possible cause on the other site the techs are always on the fence if its like 11 wks or so and if it's close to 13 weeks they don't give the (the nub can still angle up response). haha i think we will all stalk your shots!!!

So girls, I don't know if I should get a gender scan or not. my SIl and MIL keep wanting me to find out, they can't take the suspense. Agghhh! So who all is team green still?? I thnk ELp is right? I will need so much patience to keep waiting!

DoulaMama
September 28th, 2011, 03:20 PM
UGH! The u/s place here has moved 2 hours away from me!!! And the other u/s place does not like to do scans before you've had your 18w diagnostic... :( So.....my next option is when we are on holiday in the Okanagan(that coming weekend). I've phoned and left a message and am trying to book it for the Sat. Oct.15th in the am. I'll be 13w 3d. Is that ok?

DoulaMama
September 28th, 2011, 03:24 PM
Yay so glad you're gonna get a nub shot DM! I suggest you go as close to 13 weeks as possible cause on the other site the techs are always on the fence if its like 11 wks or so and if it's close to 13 weeks they don't give the (the nub can still angle up response). haha i think we will all stalk your shots!!!

So girls, I don't know if I should get a gender scan or not. my SIl and MIL keep wanting me to find out, they can't take the suspense. Agghhh! So who all is team green still?? I thnk ELp is right? I will need so much patience to keep waiting!

Have you ever NOT found out? If so, and you've had that experience...what did you like most? If you have always found out...I have to say that the surprise is pretty amazing at the end:) Especially since everyone has guessed girl with your nub shots. Imagine the feeling when you find out that incredible surprise at the end!!! And the bonus part...if it does happen to be a boy- that feeling at birth will overpower the disappointment you may feel. What do you feel is best for YOU?

DoulaMama
September 28th, 2011, 03:25 PM
LOL! I love the stalking comments!!!! I feel like I'm doing something really sneaky even though my hubby KNOWS I'm going for the scan...he thinks it's solely to rule out twins..... I'm a bad wife :( :rofl:

princesssarah34
September 28th, 2011, 04:48 PM
You guys are all great in here!! i love the chit chat...even if I don't post a whole lot!:bigsmile:

Ok ladies one more hour left before I leave for my 1st U/S....I am a little sacred and excited at the same time! I am am little disappointed that I will be going by myself to this appt. but there was no way DH could take another day of from work! So I will be all by myself when I hear that there are twins! :rofl: Actually I am praying to just hear that I am farther along than 7-8 weeks...than that would mean this m/s will be over way sooner than if I am only 7-8weeks! Bt this day has been so slow...and the next 45mins are gonna kill me!! :sigh:

Glad everyone is doing well.......B we will miss you! But understand why you need a break....take care of your self and that precious bundle!

I know how GD can effect you....believe me...I had it bad with DS#4 and if you ever read my blog you can read about the guilt I had over this GD while losing my baby.....losing him put things in a different light for me.....so while I will be a little disappointed to hear boy again.....I will be more thrilled with alive heathly and in my arms! Sorry just my take on GD for my life!

zanacal
September 28th, 2011, 04:59 PM
Agh princess - it's time for me to go to bed! Luckily it's my day off work tomorrow so I'll be back bright and early to check how your scan went :D

Mochagirl
September 28th, 2011, 05:10 PM
I can't wait to hear how the scan went, princess!!

Out of the Blue
September 28th, 2011, 06:45 PM
Princess...Thinking PINK thoughts for you and hoping to hear from you soon.

princesssarah34
September 28th, 2011, 09:01 PM
Ok Ladies...I am back...and I one have one answer to the 2 questions at hand.. 1st question How many?.............DRUM ROLL PLEASE..........1 :awe:
2nd question How far along am I?.........I still don't know! The u/s tech would not tell me that she said that you can talk to the Dr. about....ugh...which means I go back on Monday to see him...so I will know that question then! :sigh:

But until then here is a peek a the little one.

Mochagirl
September 28th, 2011, 09:05 PM
Beautiful baby, princess! I'm glad you only have one in there - I'll be nervous about that until my first scan.

Glittergirl
September 28th, 2011, 10:56 PM
Have you ever NOT found out? If so, and you've had that experience...what did you like most? If you have always found out...I have to say that the surprise is pretty amazing at the end:) Especially since everyone has guessed girl with your nub shots. Imagine the feeling when you find out that incredible surprise at the end!!! And the bonus part...if it does happen to be a boy- that feeling at birth will overpower the disappointment you may feel. What do you feel is best for YOU?
I actually wanted to be surprised with #2. DH really wanted to know (he's actually the one who wants a daughter...I've always been a boy mamma and always imagined myself with boys--but that's another story). Anyway, at the US I told the tech she can show him but I turned away. well, he was super good at keeping it a secret. His own mother could not get it out of him. The only problem--The fact that I knew how much he has always wanted a girl, I could tell by the way he was acting it was another boy. He said he had his poker face on but I just knew cause there was no twinkle in his eye when she told him. Soooo, yes the surprise was nice because I really didn't know cause he kept telling me how good his poker face was and I was just thrilled cause I REALLY wanted a brother for my son. I agree, surprises are nice. I kinda have my hopes up since my nubs look pretty girly, so it will almost be worse if I hear boy at delivery LOL! I think I will ask for gender shot and I will know for myself without really being told.

Out of the Blue
September 29th, 2011, 09:36 AM
Hey, Princess...Just compared a scan I had at 8w5d (although I by my O date I was further along) and it looks pretty similar so you may be 9 wks easily. I'm no expert but my pic looks pretty close to yours! Beautiful little bean!!! :giggle:

zanacal
September 29th, 2011, 10:01 AM
How frustrating that you have to wait the weekend princess! That's such a cute photo though, a teeny tiny baby :D

Mochagirl
September 29th, 2011, 12:10 PM
Congrats, Foxy!! I'm due June 4th, so we're pretty close! Here's to a happy and healthy 9 months!

zanacal
September 29th, 2011, 12:21 PM
Congratulations Foxy!

DoulaMama
September 29th, 2011, 12:22 PM
Yay Foxy!!!! Congratulations!!!! xoxo

Foxy
September 29th, 2011, 12:41 PM
Thanks girls! :)

Flava
September 29th, 2011, 01:47 PM
princess-congrats for the 1 baby lol very cute pic!

foxy-that's a strong line! congrats again! Hope you due in June too:cool:

Flava
September 29th, 2011, 01:48 PM
Oh foxy I also had some spotting and hope baby sticks! Now make a ticker lol

princesssarah34
September 29th, 2011, 04:08 PM
Congrats Foxy and welcome to our little chit chat group! :welcome:

princesssarah34
September 29th, 2011, 04:12 PM
Hey, Princess...Just compared a scan I had at 8w5d (although I by my O date I was further along) and it looks pretty similar so you may be 9 wks easily. I'm no expert but my pic looks pretty close to yours! Beautiful little bean!!! :giggle:

My DH said that picture of the baby looks different than the other ones with the boys at 8 weeks....it looks bigger! So I maybe farther along than than 8 weeks...we shall see what Dr. say on Monday....and yes to wait the whole weekend...:sigh: is gonna be such a drag.
Hope everyone is doing well this day! I am still have m/s and I really hate it...the pill are not helping at all.....gggrrrr......I guess I just suffer thru the next 4 weeks or so! :sad:

Out of the Blue
September 30th, 2011, 09:51 AM
Princess, here's my pic that I was talking about. I think your baby looks a wee bit further along than mine I think. Hope your m/s subsides soon. :HH: I know it's sooooooooo tough, especially when you're in charge of other kiddos!

http://i884.photobucket.com/albums/ac43/Alleghany_2010/Baby3_8wk_5d.jpg

Out of the Blue
September 30th, 2011, 09:53 AM
:welcome:, Foxy!!! BIG CONGRATS!!! :celebrate:

tweedledeedum
September 30th, 2011, 11:33 AM
Hi girls, how is everyone doing?

Foxy - congrats on your BFP! I'm due on the 24th of May too.

I am feeling sicker and sicker. My midwives haven't gotten back to me yet, but I'm wondering if I should push for an appointment soon to see if they can recommend anything. This morning sickness stuff is no joke - I always kinda thought ppl were exagerating when they said how bad it was! Guess I was just lucky with the first two.

Has anyone told their family yet? Did you get good reactions? Any bad reactions? I am hoping to keep my pregnancy secret for a bit longer but we are visiting family this weekend - not sure how I can keep it secret if I am looking so sick! I think the reactions will be ok, just want to wait until I think of a creative way to share the news.

Hope you all have a good weekend!

Out of the Blue
September 30th, 2011, 12:13 PM
I am feeling sicker and sicker. My midwives haven't gotten back to me yet, but I'm wondering if I should push for an appointment soon to see if they can recommend anything. This morning sickness stuff is no joke - I always kinda thought ppl were exagerating when they said how bad it was! Guess I was just lucky with the first two.

Hey, tweedle!!! Congrats!!! I didn't know you got a BFP! YAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!! I'm so very sorry you've got bad m/s. The only thing that got my through it w/my last 2 was that I was growing a healthy bean in there and the sickness would stop at some point. My heart goes out to you b/c I've been there!!! :HH:

I made DH tell my parents that we would be TTC soon (back in June). My Mom would always try to pressure me into not having a 3rd, I think mostly b/c I got soooooo sick w/the other 2 pregnancies. I also think she was thinking about college, etc. and how a third would be expensive. After DH told her (she just adores DH so he's my secret weopon when it comes to my Mom), she was a lot better and couldn't help expressing her excitement that this one would hopefully be a girl. It seems that as much as I want a girl this time, my Mom wants a girl 100x more than I do (if that's even possible!). Talk about pressure...It'll really suck telling her it's a boy and I really hope he (if it is a "he") will get the same attention from her as the other 2. She's just sort of starting to give our DS#2 almost equal amounts of love/attention as she gives DS#1. Jeeeze...It makes me really sad!

So sorry for the rant! I hope all goes well w/your family visit. I'm sending you lots of NO M/S vibes!!!

DoulaMama
September 30th, 2011, 01:29 PM
Hi girls, how is everyone doing?

Foxy - congrats on your BFP! I'm due on the 24th of May too.

Has anyone told their family yet? Did you get good reactions? Any bad reactions? I am hoping to keep my pregnancy secret for a bit longer but we are visiting family this weekend - not sure how I can keep it secret if I am looking so sick! I think the reactions will be ok, just want to wait until I think of a creative way to share the news.

Hope you all have a good weekend!

I'm sorry :( Morning sickness sucks a$$. I've had it worse with each child(longer by 2 weeks each time...so this time I should have it until 22 weeks! Yippee!), and this time is by far the nastiest:( I feel ill ALL day long...need to eat constantly but don't feel like it....gag and dry heave most of the day. I don't like to take anything for it so I just suffer through it. I do take B6 100mg a day with my folic acid though. It's supposed to help. I don't know if it does though...too afraid to stop taking it to see...LOL

Oh and about telling family...we told at 6 weeks:) HAHAHA! My mom I told after I poas! She knew we were trying for a fourth though...we're very close. Everyone was totally fine with the news.....they think we're crazy anyway, so it was not a shock at all to them. Kinda nice actually. I figure if they weren't shocked that hubby and I had our baby at home by ourselves....nothing is going to shock them! LOL!

Hey, tweedle!!! Congrats!!! I didn't know you got a BFP! YAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!! I'm so very sorry you've got bad m/s. The only thing that got my through it w/my last 2 was that I was growing a healthy bean in there and the sickness would stop at some point. My heart goes out to you b/c I've been there!!! :HH:

I made DH tell my parents that we would be TTC soon (back in June). My Mom would always try to pressure me into not having a 3rd, I think mostly b/c I got soooooo sick w/the other 2 pregnancies. I also think she was thinking about college, etc. and how a third would be expensive. After DH told her (she just adores DH so he's my secret weopon when it comes to my Mom), she was a lot better and couldn't help expressing her excitement that this one would hopefully be a girl. It seems that as much as I want a girl this time, my Mom wants a girl 100x more than I do (if that's even possible!). Talk about pressure...It'll really suck telling her it's a boy and I really hope he (if it is a "he") will get the same attention from her as the other 2. She's just sort of starting to give our DS#2 almost equal amounts of love/attention as she gives DS#1. Jeeeze...It makes me really sad!

So sorry for the rant! I hope all goes well w/your family visit. I'm sending you lots of NO M/S vibes!!!

Oh Blue! I am in the same boat! My mom is REALLY hoping for a girl this time...not just for her but for me....she knows how desperately I want a daughter. So it's even more pressure. And other than our kids, my BIL has a boy and they plan on adopting another boy in the future. My sis won't have children. One other BIL will never have children either...so that leaves us and one other BIL to supply the grandparents with their GIRL. The thing that pisses me off is that the one BIL who will most likely start TTC with his wife soon will get all girls...I can see it. Sigh~ Oh well. What will be will be.
Big hugs Girly!!! xoxo

princesssarah34
September 30th, 2011, 02:28 PM
Princess, here's my pic that I was talking about. I think your baby looks a wee bit further along than mine I think. Hope your m/s subsides soon. :HH: I know it's sooooooooo tough, especially when you're in charge of other kiddos!

Really I can't tell what I am looking at half the time let alone for if it looks bigger then usual :shrug: But we will see on Monday who is right! Me or Dr.

Congrats Tweedle......and welcome to Sept. chit chat!
And I feel you pain!! I have had horrid m/s with all my pg's.....with Ds#1 and#2 I thought I would die...but then with DS#3 and #4 it wasn't as bad and I could deal......but this time slam right back to bad again...sigh....I keep saying just a few more weeks and it will be over..just a few more weeks and it will be over! :pray:

And for so reason today I am actually thinking I would love to have another boy! It would make things so much easier since I have everything......plus I just keeping thing about what my Evan would have looked like and I keep see a sweet little boy in a car seat sleeping. I think the hardest part would be for me picking a name.....but maybe not......DS#2 wants another brother....when you ask him why he says because I like my brothers! That one has my heart no doubt he is a love and my cuddler.
So I am really thinking right now I want another boy...if by chance I hear girl she would be more than loved.....but i may miss not have that little boy....stange I know!

zanacal
September 30th, 2011, 04:08 PM
I am excited at the prospect of another boy too princess - and I know my boys would love another brother!

I have been extremely lucky never to have had morning sickness before (don't hit me!) but I've felt rotten all afternoon and I have heartburn (also haven't suffered with that!). Must be my age :D

I've just pimped my Phil & Ted's pushchair :D I had been considering a new pushchair but I think we may still need the double sometimes, even if DS2 only hops on now and again when he's tired (though I'll sling the bubba lots too). Ours' is looking a little ropey so I bought a new shopping basket, new handle bar cover and new seat inserts. It'll be just like having a new pushchair but at a fraction of the cost! This I feel I can do now because we use the pushchair for DS2 regardless of whether a new baby is on its way.

DoulaMama
September 30th, 2011, 05:25 PM
So I am really thinking right now I want another boy...if by chance I hear girl she would be more than loved.....but i may miss not have that little boy....stange I know!

I'm with you and Z:) I feel really sad thinking about NEVER having a daughter...but when I think about my little blue bundle...it makes me pretty happy inside. We have a great name...our boys are thrilled with another baby and really don't care in the end what it is.....my hubby would love either...we KNOW boys...have all the stuff...it's easier to wiz in the trees when you need to on long trips(LOL!). I love my boys, they love each other and I know once the pain eases a bit....I will feel complete:) Once I find out what I'm having, I'm going to start making stuff for babe as well, so if it's BLUE....I've picked the most beautiful quilt to make him:) I'm excited about that. I'm thinking about our Disney trip in a few years with my Boys....plus it's just easier in the Xmas cards! LOL Dh, myself, and the boys:) LOL

Mochagirl
October 1st, 2011, 09:58 AM
Hey ladies - I'm out of town this weekend at a big family wedding. Last night we had a rehearsal dinner at my aunt's house, and I felt like I was the head of a 3-ring circus managing my 3 boys in the crowded house (there weren't many other kids there). I am always such a spectacle doing things with all 3 of my boys (5 and under), I'm starting to worry about how much people are going to gawk when I'm out and about with 4 kids 6 and under! Can any of you ladies with 4 kids or more reassure me about this? I'm starting to panic that I'm going to be the freak show of my city, where no one seems to have more than 2 kids.... I'm ESPECIALLY not looking forward to the comments if #4 ends up being a boy too - I already hear enough of 'You need a girl!', or 'You have all boys? God bless you - that must be tough!'.

Flava
October 1st, 2011, 02:11 PM
Hey girls Im bleeding red so looks like it's another m/c for me. I think Im out of here and not sure if we try again because DH says no...I don't even know if anyone had more m/c on this board then me? Anyway just sitting here thinking I so don't want to start all over and ttc again...and when would be best anyway? ahhh whatever

zanacal
October 1st, 2011, 02:21 PM
Oh Flava sweetie, I'm so very sorry x

princesssarah34
October 1st, 2011, 06:54 PM
Hey girls Im bleeding red so looks like it's another m/c for me. I think Im out of here and not sure if we try again because DH says no...I don't even know if anyone had more m/c on this board then me? Anyway just sitting here thinking I so don't want to start all over and ttc again...and when would be best anyway? ahhh whatever

We are all thinking of you right now and praying that everything will be alright!

DoulaMama
October 1st, 2011, 07:02 PM
Oh no!!!! Flava, I'm so sorry Hun. Such terrible news:( I really hope that you get your rainbow baby someday soon...I can't imagine the pain of so many m/c.:tissue: My heart goes out to you, your husband and your lost little one. xoxox Much Love~~~

Mochagirl
October 1st, 2011, 10:41 PM
Flava, my heart is breaking for you :hugs:

ELP
October 2nd, 2011, 07:03 AM
Oh Flava no:( I will be praying so hard for you that by some miracle this just stops and little one is holding on strong for you, much love Charlotte xxxxxxxxx

Flava
October 2nd, 2011, 01:38 PM
Thanks girls:awe:
this LO is gone Im thinking something was wrong...also it was more of a cemical because I was only 17 dpo. and just having a normal AF.
We are trying again I know ppl say it suppose to sway pink to try again but we are more fertile so it may just sway blue...and I never really stop the diet , exercise ,also was taking some sups and drinks too!

begonia
October 2nd, 2011, 02:49 PM
Flava I posted on your BFP thread too but I just can't give you enough love right now. I'm SO happy to know you'll try again though, and I will be sending you every kind of sticky vibe I can.

zanacal
October 2nd, 2011, 03:27 PM
I'm so sorry Flava, I've been thinking about you these past couple of days and am also sending you mega babydust and sticky vibes x

zanacal
October 2nd, 2011, 03:30 PM
My sister got an unexpected BFP today! She'd come off her BCP and was waiting to ovulate and was even taking my left over Vitex. She took a test on a whim and it was positive and she did a digi which said she's 4-5 weeks so we'll be due almost exactly at the same time! Trying not to worry about how I'll handle it if I have a boy and she has a girl. That sure would make it more hurtful if I didn't get a girl.

Mochagirl
October 2nd, 2011, 07:10 PM
I just responded on the other thread, Z...but I'm hopeful you'll both have girls! I think it's fantastic that you and your sister can be pregnant together!

Mochagirl
October 2nd, 2011, 07:49 PM
Well, I'm back from my big wedding weekend. I ended up exchanging my size 00 dress for a 0 - not because the 00 didn't fit anymore, but because I was worried the day would come and I wouldn't be able to zip it up anymore and I'd be left with nothing to wear. I ate a big steak at the reception, and it was fabulous! I think this weekend might have cured me of my obsession over tracking nutrients. I think maybe I was just scared to gain too much weight right before the big wedding where I'd be seeing all my cousins, aunt, uncles, brothers, etc. All weekend I ate whatever I wanted whenever I wanted and have been doing much the same today. I haven't even looked at FitDay in days!

Now I have to decide when we'll tell my family about the pregnancy. So far only my closest girlfriends and my Mom know. I'll probably wait until 12 weeks to tell the rest of my family and friends (partly because I know they'll all be horrified that I'm having a 4th and I just don't want to hear the comments). I think I might wait much longer to tell my far-flung friends who I don't see in person much - I might even wait until I know the gender so I can just announce that my boys are getting a little brother/sister and avoid all the gender speculation from everyone.

princesssarah34
October 2nd, 2011, 09:21 PM
Flava I am so glad DH decided to let you try again I know he was against it at first! Lots of baby dust to you and a healthy pg!! :hug2:

Z-I think that is wonderful that you can share this life experiance with your sister! Wasn't she one of the ones you were afraid to tell because they had been ttc for a while?

Well I still have yucky m/s and insomnia like crazy! I did not ever have insomnia with my boys until I was so big and uncomfy that I could not sleep well! But never this early! And to top off the morning I had my first gender dream!
And have never to my knowledge had a boy gender dream...before I have always dreamed pink hats blankets etc. and the one vivid dream about miscarrying a baby girl and then later just miscarrying.....and then we lost our baby a few months later! Not a good dream! But I have never dreamed blue or boy nothing.....so last night i was dreaming I was siting in the ultra sound office waiting area (by myself which was weird) and the lady at the desk says oh I have everything right here.....she hands me a piece of paper that has Gender written on it and a very clear potty shot of a little boy! And I looked at the paper and said "oh ok I already knew that"....the lady at the desk said "I know that is not what you wanted but that is all I can do"! And I said "no that's fine I knew what it was and now I just really need to find a name I like...so I seriously can look for a name now!" Then this is where it just got weird...she said "well you need to pay now"...I pulled out my wallet and I could not find my bank card anywhere (and out of no where my husband and mom where sitting on the couch with me)! And I was looking everywhere for this bank card and the lady kept saying over and over "you need to pay now"! Then I was woken up by one of my boys trying to climb into our bed. Now I am not sure why my DH did not pay the lady he has a bank card too! Anyway...I have never had a gender dream like that before...so not sure what to make of it. Of course we will love any gender right now....and I am for sure finding out what we are having so I can pick out that name! :bigsmile:

tweedledeedum
October 3rd, 2011, 10:26 AM
Oh flava, I'm so sorry for your loss...big hugs and positive thoughts.

DoulaMama
October 3rd, 2011, 12:31 PM
My sister got an unexpected BFP today! Trying not to worry about how I'll handle it if I have a boy and she has a girl. That sure would make it more hurtful if I didn't get a girl.

Congrats to your sis!! How exciting! I, too, hope that you'll both get your girls!! xoxo FX'd!!

Well, I'm back from my big wedding weekend. I ended up exchanging my size 00 dress for a 0 - not because the 00 didn't fit anymore, but because I was worried the day would come and I wouldn't be able to zip it up anymore and I'd be left with nothing to wear. I ate a big steak at the reception, and it was fabulous! I think this weekend might have cured me of my obsession over tracking nutrients. I think maybe I was just scared to gain too much weight right before the big wedding where I'd be seeing all my cousins, aunt, uncles, brothers, etc. All weekend I ate whatever I wanted whenever I wanted and have been doing much the same today. I haven't even looked at FitDay in days!

Now I have to decide when we'll tell my family about the pregnancy. So far only my closest girlfriends and my Mom know. I'll probably wait until 12 weeks to tell the rest of my family and friends (partly because I know they'll all be horrified that I'm having a 4th and I just don't want to hear the comments). I think I might wait much longer to tell my far-flung friends who I don't see in person much - I might even wait until I know the gender so I can just announce that my boys are getting a little brother/sister and avoid all the gender speculation from everyone.
I'm so glad you had a good time with yummy eats!!! MMMM...steak...drool. I have been loving steak this time around! So weird! I really don't like meat while pregnant so this is a nice change. And good for you for ignoring Fitday!! You won't go crazy....just trust yourself to make good eating decisions and it'll all be ok! I guess I shouldn't talk...I ate half a bag of BBQ chips in front of the telly last night.....LOL! YUM!
Oh and about announcing....maybe they won't be as horrified as you think. I was quite shocked at how everyone was like, "oh yeah...we're not surprised...." LOL
Maybe it'll be non-climactic:) FX'd!

Well I still have yucky m/s and insomnia like crazy! I did not ever have insomnia with my boys until I was so big and uncomfy that I could not sleep well! But never this early! And to top off the morning I had my first gender dream!
And have never to my knowledge had a boy gender dream...before I have always dreamed pink hats blankets etc. and the one vivid dream about miscarrying a baby girl and then later just miscarrying.....and then we lost our baby a few months later! Not a good dream! But I have never dreamed blue or boy nothing.....so last night i was dreaming I was siting in the ultra sound office waiting area (by myself which was weird) and the lady at the desk says oh I have everything right here.....she hands me a piece of paper that has Gender written on it and a very clear potty shot of a little boy! And I looked at the paper and said "oh ok I already knew that"....the lady at the desk said "I know that is not what you wanted but that is all I can do"! And I said "no that's fine I knew what it was and now I just really need to find a name I like...so I seriously can look for a name now!" Then this is where it just got weird...she said "well you need to pay now"...I pulled out my wallet and I could not find my bank card anywhere (and out of no where my husband and mom where sitting on the couch with me)! And I was looking everywhere for this bank card and the lady kept saying over and over "you need to pay now"! Then I was woken up by one of my boys trying to climb into our bed. Now I am not sure why my DH did not pay the lady he has a bank card too! Anyway...I have never had a gender dream like that before...so not sure what to make of it. Of course we will love any gender right now....and I am for sure finding out what we are having so I can pick out that name! :bigsmile:

Dreams are so confusing....I haven't had any in awhile. The only ones I really listen to are my birth dreams~ they seem to be spot on every time for some reason.....
My m/s is brutal this week. It used to be bad if I didn't eat....and now it's bad if I don't eat and bad if I eat! So right after eating, I have to sip juice while lying down and try not to puke. The burping makes it so hard not to vomit as well. Ugh:( I cannot wait until this part is over. I feel for you~ I cannot imagine having m/s with insomnia...shoot me now!

AFM, I have my u/s booked!!!! Oct. 15th(13w3d) at 10:30am PST ~12 days away!!! It's a quickie one- she checks for 1 or 2 babes, takes a look at the heart beat, takes a photo of your choice for taking home and that's about it...40 bucks later:) Even if I don't get a good nub shot, it'll relieve stress to know there's just one in there(I do feel it's just one but anxiety and worry take over my head). Then I'll book another u/s for Nov. 16th(18w) for my gender u/s!!!! OMG.

Flava~ I'm so happy to hear that you'll be trying again, Hun. xoxo Sticky, healthy baby vibes coming your way~~~~

Mochagirl
October 3rd, 2011, 12:37 PM
DM - October 15th is my birthday, so I'll send some of my birthday luck for you so you can get a nice, PINK nub shot!

zanacal
October 3rd, 2011, 12:40 PM
Oooh DM, I'm so excited! Can't wait to see your bubba :D

princesssarah - that is a weird dream! I'm still getting crazy vivid dreams every night but they never have anything to do with babies!

So glad you had a good weekend Mocha and that the steak was good - bet you're glad you ordered that and not the veggie option!!

I am so happy to be able to go through pregnancy with my sister (although we've done it before as our second children are only 3 months apart in age!) and I actually hope she has a girl too because her DS has aspergers and she's worried if she has a boy he'll have it too because it's hereditary in boys (she believes her DP has it too). It would just be weird knowing that we were trying for a girl - be even funnier if we both get boys!! My mum and dad can't believe they're going to have 7 grandchildren from their 2 children!

Mochagirl
October 3rd, 2011, 12:42 PM
Wow - 7 grandchildren from 2 children - that's pretty impressive. This little bean will be grandchild #9 for my parents, though I have 3 older brothers who also have kids.

And YES, I am VERY happy that I ordered the steak. I would have been so disappointed to have to eat the veggie meal while everyone around me ate steak!

Mochagirl
October 3rd, 2011, 08:37 PM
Continue here, ladies:

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?5671-October-Chit-Chat!&p=84027#post84027

princesssarah34
October 3rd, 2011, 08:42 PM
Hi Ladies....so glad to see everyone doing so well today!!

Well I had my Dr. appt day today to tell me exactly how far along I really am! And so.............I was right!! I knew I was cause ah duh I know my body!!:curtsey:
So the u/s showed me to be 8 weeks exactly and by my last period date it was saying 7weeks and 6days! So I will be 9 weeks on Wed. so the one bad thng about this is....I still have about 4 more weeks of m/s! :hair:
But so far everything looks good baby looks good and my Dr. run extra blood tests to rule out any future problems.....he is a wonderful Dr. and is treating this pg's with extra care in the places he can so we can try and prevent things from happening again...even tho everything that happened before was never figured out why...all the test in the world and they never did show why our little boy got hydrops fetalis!:sad: