PDA

View Full Version : Chance of conception on O day?

mkddav
May 1st, 2016, 07:48 PM
Do you guys think there is a good chance of conceiving (hopefully pink) on O day? We had our attempt in the evening, but I assume I O'ed before that to have enough progesterone to raise my temps the next morning.
Will attach my chart.
I know whatever will happen is already decided, just looking for opinions. Thanks! :pinksperm:

Traci25
May 1st, 2016, 08:49 PM
I'm currently pregnant and I concieved on o day, I had ultrasound at 4pm to confirm it. Il find out this week what I'm having! Praying for healthy girl! Good luck!

Beau82
May 1st, 2016, 10:40 PM
I think chances are pretty low actually. The sperm takes about 12 hours to capacitate so usually by the time the sperm is actually ready, the egg is gone.
But it's possible!

And hi to a fellow Nova Scotian!

Traci25
May 1st, 2016, 10:46 PM
I agree it is way more challenging to get pregnant, but it is possible! I was shocked it happened to me!

Traci25
May 1st, 2016, 10:48 PM
Does it really take 12 hours for sperm to capacitate? I thought it was a few hours. Glad I read your post!

mkddav
May 2nd, 2016, 05:07 AM
Hello to you too beau. :)

I could be wrong Traci, but I always thought there was no set time for capacitation - some go earlier and some go later so that sperm can give themselves a wider window to find the egg.
Oh well like I said, done is done. Just trying to amuse myself while I wait.

maidentomother
May 2nd, 2016, 10:37 AM
What Beau said. The odds are actually very low from O day BD. Night of O is basically impossible. However, looking at your chart, I think there is a good chance you Oed 2 days later.

Traci, what time did you BD on O day?

atomic sagebrush
May 2nd, 2016, 12:41 PM
Does it really take 12 hours for sperm to capacitate? I thought it was a few hours. Glad I read your post!

It depends on the environment. It is not a set amount of hours really.

atomic sagebrush
May 2nd, 2016, 12:42 PM
You can't tell O day from your chart, MK. You could have easily Oed on the next day.

maidentomother
May 2nd, 2016, 02:31 PM
It depends on the environment. It is not a set amount of hours really.

Yes absolutely, with type and amount of CM playing a big role. Also amount of seminal fluid, pH of the man's semen, and likely just genetic variation from man to man. But to be safe, I like to assume that capaciation could take a full 12 hours and that an egg will not live longer than 12 hours. Thus why it's so important to BD at least a day before O and why true O+12 is impossible.

mkddav
May 7th, 2016, 10:39 PM
Still waiting to test, just thought I'd update to say that though you couldn't tell for sure from the chart at the time, I can confirm now that O was on day 14... Bummer, I have never Oed before day 15 until this cycle. How frustrating.

maidentomother
May 8th, 2016, 10:47 AM
I'm sorry hun. I've BDed or inseminated too late several tines when doing one attempt at pos OPK due to how poorly OPKs work for me.

Traci25
May 8th, 2016, 05:35 PM
I don't know exactly what time I I'd my ultrasound was at 4 and I o'd already we dtd at 8pm. I know it's so low I honestly never thought I was pregnant I was shocked! Good luck!!

mkddav
May 9th, 2016, 07:42 AM
Thanks Traci, I know there's always a little hope until af arrives. Due May 12th for me.
Maiden, I'm not happy you've been through it too, but at least I'm in good company!
Tested again this am with a dollar store test (25 mIU sensitivity), and got a bfn. White as white can be. Mentally I'm already moving on to next cycle.

mkddav
May 9th, 2016, 07:43 AM
But I have learned my lesson... Next cycle one attempt will be on day 13, not 14!

mkddav
May 10th, 2016, 06:53 AM
Officially out. Drop in temp and started spotting. I knew it was coming, but still pretty bummed. :(

atomic sagebrush
May 10th, 2016, 06:36 PM
I'm sorry this wasn't our month - FX for May!

mkddav
May 12th, 2016, 09:10 PM
Still no AF. I should have woken up with it today. Still spotting. Wish I could hurry up and get it over with! I don't need false hopes.

atomic sagebrush
May 14th, 2016, 10:47 AM
anything yet??? If still spotting now I'd take a pg test.

mkddav
May 22nd, 2016, 03:24 PM
Sorry never saw this! Af came May 14. I have never had an lp that long so I must haved Oed day 16 as usual, even though my chart definitely suggests day 14. In any case, I'm now on cd 9, bd-ing every four days. (Attempt will be day 13.)

Have pretty much let the diet fall by the wayside, so I don't even think I can say I'm swaying anymore. But I am ttc. :)

Traci25
May 22nd, 2016, 04:11 PM
Sorry honey! It takes time hang in there!

atomic sagebrush
May 23rd, 2016, 02:12 PM
I have had a couple weirdo LP the last few months that were like 16 days long. So it can happen (and boy was my husband ever nervous haha)

Good luck and pink dust!! Remember, people do get girls without doing anything.

mkddav
May 23rd, 2016, 03:31 PM
Thank you traci and atomic. :)
I suppose I am doing a few small things that could be considered swaying. I am basically sticking to one attempt in fertile window with every 4d bd.
Mentally I want to bd every day in the window, lol! But I know one attempt will do it. (Out of three pregnancies, two resulted from one attempt even though they were losses.)
I know it will happen, I am considering the whole thing an exercise in patience. :)

mkddav
May 23rd, 2016, 03:32 PM
Thank you traci and atomic. :)
I suppose I am doing a few small things that could be considered swaying. I am basically sticking to one attempt in fertile window with every 4d bd.
Mentally I want to bd every day in the window, lol! But I know one attempt will do it. (Out of three pregnancies, two resulted from one attempt even though they were losses.)
I know it will happen, I am considering the whole thing an exercise in patience. :)