PDA

View Full Version : Question on diet and supps for later moms

kelly_jo_myers
May 1st, 2016, 08:54 PM
I've started on the HE diet and I'm currently taking prenatals with DHA, folate, D3, probiotics and EPO. I also have wheatgrass powder in my V8 everyday. Any special diet tips or supps recommended for later moms swaying blue? Thanks!

MrsGoodies
May 2nd, 2016, 12:59 AM
Absoutely!

Use 25mg DHEA 3x per day starting 6 weeks before ttc. Sways BLUE 70%...and improves egg quality to boot! ..(i was on it preparing for another ivf cycle when I accidentally got pg with twin BOYS.....so now I am not taking it anymore)

E.A.J. Ryan, E.A. Claessons, S. Blanco Mejia. The sex ratio of offspring born to women using dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) to improve ovarian response. Meeting of the American Society for Reproductive Medicine, Atlanta, USA. November 2008. (http://www.torontofertility.com/articles/article/7174615/132316.htm)

Sub-group of pregnancies from either spontaneous pregnancy, or from oral Aromatasa Inhibitor with timed intercourse, or from controlled ovarian stimulation with Intra Uterine Inseminations was 11 delivered yielding 13 babies, of whom 9 (69.2%) were male and 4 (30.8%) were females. Average age of all patients was 37.98 years.

My dr said to get the microionized ones from McPherson Labs DHEA Store (http://www.dhea.com)

atomic sagebrush
May 2nd, 2016, 11:53 AM
DHEA does not sway blue 70%. I'll post a link to a thread where I explained why this is not the case.

NO one should be on DHEA unless they have had their levels checked by a doctor. If you take it when you do not need it, that can make you actually infertile until it works itself out (and as older moms time is not on our side, so I want to avoid any situations where you guys take crap that messes up your cycle so bad it takes several months to correct itself.)

Kelly Jo, let's skip EPO for you for that very reason. It can mess with the cycle and may even possibly sway pink when taken in excess of the amount of Omega 3 you're getting.

atomic sagebrush
May 2nd, 2016, 11:55 AM
Here is the response I posted in my other thread.

Nifty, Mrs. Goodies, I hadn't ever seen that one.

BUT i do want to point out that this does NOT prove that women who take DHEA are 70% likely to conceive boys.

When women are trying to get pregnant and improve ovarian function they may have been doing MANY things to improve odds of conception in addition to DHEA and thus it may not be as cut and dry as they're making it. They were very likely doing many, many other things to get pregnant all of which sway blue (and since this is all right in line with our successful blue sway numbers WITHOUT DHEA, it is likely that at least some of those things are helping to produce this result - example, we are getting 80% boys with prenatals, and most people TTC with egg quality issues are taking them.)

Additionally, since higher fertility seems to = more boys conceived anyway, there may be some skewing of the stats where only the gals who were the most fertile in this group were even able to get pregnant. out of 162 patients only 24 had delivered babies, that means that many of the original group had either not conceived or had taken longer than this group did. These are the most fertile couples, all doing many things that could possibly sway blue, because all the things that boost fertility, all tend to sway blue.

In order for DHEA "to be scientifically proven to conceive boys 70% of the time" they would need a blind, side by side study in which all other variables were controlled for and it would have to be in a heck of a lot more than 24 people.

I DO NOT want any woman to take DHEA without having a doctor's input. Hear me well, ladies, taking DHEA when you don't need it is dangerous and may make you infertile (albeit temporarily)

kelly_jo_myers
May 2nd, 2016, 12:50 PM
I've only been taking the EPO a couple weeks so hopefully it hasn't messed with my cycle. I'll stop taking it now. I've never had EWCM (only very watery) so I thought it might help with that but I plan to take Robitussin and use Yes Baby or Preseed so I think that should be good enough anyway. Thank you!!

atomic sagebrush
May 2nd, 2016, 12:54 PM
:agree: try grapefruit juice too, that stuff really helps!

kelly_jo_myers
May 2nd, 2016, 10:32 PM
Yep drinking that too!