PDA

View Full Version : Pregnant!

skippy
May 5th, 2016, 10:45 PM
I got my positive pregnancy test reading this morning!! I've always thought it would be cool to have a January baby in Australia. Pool party time for birthdays! One attempt on holiday did the trick! I knew I was close to ovulation - I think we did the attempt a day or two beforehand.

Pink Pony
May 6th, 2016, 03:06 AM
Congrats Skippy :)

ksmom
May 6th, 2016, 08:58 AM
Congratulations! Come join us on the due date board!

foxymrsg
May 6th, 2016, 04:53 PM
Congratulations!

Blueplease
May 6th, 2016, 10:53 PM
Congrats. Yes I have a dec and a jan baby here in aus. Makes parties so much easier and affordable when you can just throw them all in the pool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

essnce629
May 8th, 2016, 03:20 AM
Congrats!!!

Mulberry Smurf
May 8th, 2016, 05:14 AM
Congratulations. That'll be lovely :) xx

skippy
May 8th, 2016, 08:14 AM
Thanks everyone!

atomic sagebrush
May 10th, 2016, 04:48 PM
Huge congrats!! :)

skippy
June 2nd, 2016, 07:03 PM
Found out this week it's twins! We have no twins in the family and didn't use Clomid. Apparently being over 35 and tall make it more likely. We're excited but slightly worried about getting any sleep the first few months :-) Hopefully at least one pinky!

skippy
June 2nd, 2016, 07:03 PM
Oh and my ob said only second cycle since stopping mini-pill makes it more likely for two eggs to drop

ksmom
June 2nd, 2016, 10:37 PM
Huge congratulations on the twins!! How exciting!

Pink Pony
June 2nd, 2016, 11:04 PM
Wow :) congrats, exciting days/ years ahead

ABC.2606
June 3rd, 2016, 01:37 AM
Wow exciting!!! I think twins would be so fun! (And SO much work too - ha! I'm sure you'll do great!!!)

I have a January baby, but in the US, so no birthday pool parties for him! January babies are wonderful though!

Babygirlquest
June 3rd, 2016, 06:14 AM

atomic sagebrush
June 3rd, 2016, 01:00 PM
Found out this week it's twins! We have no twins in the family and didn't use Clomid. Apparently being over 35 and tall make it more likely. We're excited but slightly worried about getting any sleep the first few months :-) Hopefully at least one pinky!

We also have a strangely high number of twins among pink swayers without Clomid. I have absolutely no idea why!!!

Huge congrats and pink dust!

ksmom
June 3rd, 2016, 02:01 PM
Atomic, could the increase in twins with pink swayers have anything to do with the body sort of "panicking" and thinking fertility is decreasing (fewer chances of more babies), therefore a higher chance of more than one egg being released at ovulation?

atomic sagebrush
June 3rd, 2016, 03:24 PM
Atomic, could the increase in twins with pink swayers have anything to do with the body sort of "panicking" and thinking fertility is decreasing (fewer chances of more babies), therefore a higher chance of more than one egg being released at ovulation?

anything is possible but most of the things that are supposed to contribute to twinning are the opposite - times are good, so makes it possible for two to survive. I think that anything making you have twins when times were hard would not have survived to be handed down to future generations. I am honestly at a loss as to what is going on. The herbs are not used by everyone, breastfeeding is not done by everyone, and the blue swayers take way more folic than pink swayers...it's just totally confusing. The only thing I can think of is possibly vegetable sourced fats or proteins possibly??

skippy
June 3rd, 2016, 07:12 PM
I had a pretty basic sway - lost a few kilos and went without meat most of the time, didn't have snacks. One attempt. That's pretty much it! I didn't take any supplements or do anything out of the ordinary. My husband laughed and said it was my diet that caused twins - I told him don't be crazy - I don't think losing weight could encourage twins! Interesting that there have been more twins than you would expect. All the women in my family seem highly fertile - get pregnant at the drop of the hat but never any twins until now. I was very sick the month before getting pregnant - high temp. for over a week and ill for about three weeks. I don't think this has anything to do with it but I was in really bad condition! I'm pretty healthy now though - no bad morning sickness, just nausea.

Faithinpink
June 3rd, 2016, 07:40 PM
Congratulations on twins Skippy. How Awesome xo

atomic sagebrush
June 4th, 2016, 12:42 PM
I had a pretty basic sway - lost a few kilos and went without meat most of the time, didn't have snacks. One attempt. That's pretty much it! I didn't take any supplements or do anything out of the ordinary. My husband laughed and said it was my diet that caused twins - I told him don't be crazy - I don't think losing weight could encourage twins! Interesting that there have been more twins than you would expect. All the women in my family seem highly fertile - get pregnant at the drop of the hat but never any twins until now. I was very sick the month before getting pregnant - high temp. for over a week and ill for about three weeks. I don't think this has anything to do with it but I was in really bad condition! I'm pretty healthy now though - no bad morning sickness, just nausea.

Thanks for filling in the gaps!! Yes I just can't figure it out and half-wonder if it may be something more along the lines of "if you've had X number of boys that raises your chances of twinning" kind of thing instead.

XXforhubby
June 4th, 2016, 01:05 PM
Thanks for filling in the gaps!! Yes I just can't figure it out and half-wonder if it may be something more along the lines of "if you've had X number of boys that raises your chances of twinning" kind of thing instead.

Most of the people that I know IRL that have twins or either gender, have had 3-4 kids. I sometimes wonder if it is also age related. That the older you are and how many kids you have previously increase your chances. It also makes me wonder that us moms with 2+ boys that are older when doing the LE diet, send some sort of signal that times are decreasing and in a push to keep our fertility, hyper ovulation occurs as the body's last ditch effort in order to conceive.

[emoji170]DS1[emoji1379], DS2[emoji577], & DS3[emoji602][emoji170]
[emoji166]One last pink sway 2016[emoji166]
My Ovulation Chart (http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/579920)

atomic sagebrush
June 5th, 2016, 01:52 PM
:agree: the more kids you've had, the more likely you are to have twins.

I think sometimes we overthink the "LE Diet times are decreasing" idea a bit though. While that is the logic that underlies the idea, LE Diet limits are all still NORMAL dietary intake recommended by WHO and other sources as a safe, healthy prepregnancy diet for women of childbearing age. Most of human existence we lived on rotten food and barely any of it, so I am not convinced that LE Diet done properly is perceived as low nutrient intake by the body.

Something else is that we often eat more carbs as % of our overall diet on LE too, so maybe that has something to do with it. It may be a confluence of PCO-tendencies, increased carbs, but decreased cals that makes hyperovulation occur (meaning if we have PCO tendencies and that may play some part as to why we have boys to start with, we increase carbs as a % of our overall food intake but at the same time decrease cal intake and add in exercise which then prevents us from getting PCO full blown, but may still make us make more eggs than we would otherwise...sheer speculation but I do think PCOS is a part of the puzzle of the reason why this works. )

XXforhubby
June 5th, 2016, 02:39 PM
Nature's Clomid, hahaha!

[emoji170]DS1[emoji1379], DS2[emoji577], & DS3[emoji602][emoji170]
[emoji166]One last pink sway 2016[emoji166]
My Ovulation Chart (http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/579920)

skippy
July 2nd, 2016, 01:48 AM
I have sad news - we lost one of the twins. The other one seems to be doing well though and I have now passed 12 weeks.

Faithinpink
July 2nd, 2016, 02:16 AM
Ahh Skippy iam so sorry huge hugs xo

Pink Pony
July 2nd, 2016, 07:05 AM
So sorry to hear this sad news skippy, but glad your other little twin is doing well.

fknonl1ne
July 2nd, 2016, 09:07 AM
So sorry. Grace and hugs to you

atomic sagebrush
July 2nd, 2016, 10:52 AM
I have sad news - we lost one of the twins. The other one seems to be doing well though and I have now passed 12 weeks.

I"m so sorry skippy - hang on little one!!

skippy
July 22nd, 2016, 07:56 AM
It's a girl! I couldn't resist booking an early ultrasound at 15 weeks and the sonographer said she was very confident it is a girl - that she wished all scans were that easy. I know it's still early days but feeling quite confident our baby is a she :-) Will feel even better once confirmed at 18 weeks.:ttcgirl:

atomic sagebrush
July 22nd, 2016, 04:02 PM
Oh skippy that's lovely news. So happy for you!!!

familymatters
July 22nd, 2016, 06:39 PM
Awesome news congrats on your girl!!!

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

ksmom
July 22nd, 2016, 10:21 PM
Congrats!!