PDA

View Full Version : Where I'm at

1moregirl
May 7th, 2016, 09:12 PM
Hi ladies. I'm onto CD17 today and just got my first pos OPK this morning. I'm using First Response strips this time and not the Clearblue as I was short on money. We BD the last 2 nights and will do so again tonight and the next 2 nights. We haven't used this BD timing before at all so I wanted to try something different and just be relaxed and just enjoy intimacy with DH and see what happens. Anyway, that's where I'm at right now. I met a lovely lady at a kids birthday party yesterday who has 5 children. Her eldest is a boy and then she has 4 little girls, the youngest of whom is 5 months. She also told me she had one miscarriage at 13 weeks and had to have a D & C and blood transfusion (like I experienced last year). She also has a sister (whom I know) who is 44 like me and has 10 children (her youngest is 2) and she has NEVER had a miscarriage at all. How interesting is that? I just love hearing about other peoples' stories. Anyway, it's Mothers Day here today so I'd better get off this iPad and spend quality time with my cherubs. happy Mum's Day to all you lovely ladies, even though yours won't be til tomorrow. Xxxooo

MrsGoodies
May 7th, 2016, 09:49 PM
Oh how lovely!

I would have 9-10 children also if I didnt have any miscarriages...but I probably would have stopped way sooner than that.

mommymachine
May 8th, 2016, 02:31 PM
Hope this is your month!!!

1moregirl
May 8th, 2016, 08:43 PM
Thanks ladies. I got my first pos OPK yesterday and think I Oed earlier this morning (like while asleep) as my BbT was 36.64 yesterday and 36.60 this morning, so am expecting it will rise up higher tomorrow morning and stay up. I could be wrong though and could still O today sometime. I am CD 18 today and we have BD once a night from CD 15 so tonight will have been 4 nights in a row. Just trying a diff BD pattern this time to see what happens. surely there will be some swimmers up there waiting for the golden egg. fingers crossed because I'm getting sick of trying. DH hasn't even been asking about condoms so maybe this is his way of giving in to me and just trying. I hope it happens for me this time but I still have yearning in my heart for a baby girl so not sure how I will react if it's another boy (how I will react initially, that is...I know that I would be a bit disappointed at first if I was having another boy, but I also know that the most important thing to me would be just having a healthy baby and I would find peace knowing that I certainly have done everything I damn well can to try for another girl). Thanks for listening to my ranting. :) xx

1moregirl
May 8th, 2016, 08:44 PM
Hope this is your month!!!

Thanks MommyMachine. Me too. You are soooo lucky having 3 of each gender. How often did you and your DH BD to get your girls Hun? You don't have long to go now to meet your baby girl....so exciting. My first was born on 27th June. X

mommymachine
May 8th, 2016, 10:12 PM
DD1 was one attempt in the fertile period. DD2 was 2 attempts (I think) and this one was 2 attempts as well.

Mommy to 5 with number 6 due in June!!

MrsGoodies
May 8th, 2016, 10:43 PM
1moregirl,

Yay! Lts of BD & no condoms! Thats how its done...whoo! Hoo! Hope to see your BFP in the next 10 days.

Mommymachine, how wonderful to have 3 of each. Can I ask you a question? When you had 3 boys in a row did you wonder if you could make girls?

And after your DD did you think it was possible to have another?

I just lost my dd in a miscarriage (after 5x boys in a row) and I wonder all the time if It is possible to concieve another girl... :(

1moregirl
May 10th, 2016, 06:31 AM
Thanks ladies. I think I Oed some time yesterday as BBt gone above coverline today so have to wait for 3 days for FF to mark the crossroad on my chart. We didn't BD last night as we'd both just had it with sex to be honest and DH was tired and went to bed at 8.30, whereas I had a movie rented out that was due back today so had to watch it. But we will BD again tonight just in case...to seal the deal so to speak. Lol! Will check in again soon. I've been super busy lately with school duties and catching up with friends. Good luck everyone. Xx

atomic sagebrush
May 10th, 2016, 06:25 PM
Thanks so much 1more, for a lovely positive post! I'm glad you had a nice Mother's Day and appreciate it! :)

1moregirl
May 10th, 2016, 10:24 PM
Thanks so much 1more, for a lovely positive post! I'm glad you had a nice Mother's Day and appreciate it! :)

You're welcome Atomic. I hope you had a lovely Mother's Day as well. My favourite gifts were (other than my three children of course) the hand made cards and gifts that my children had made. I always take photos of them and store them away in a safe place. I'm officially onto CD 20 today. I'm sure I Oed on CD 18 as I've had 2 days now of BBTs above the coverline. we BD on CD 15, 16, 17 and 19. Also started BD on CD 6, then 9, then 11 - so biggest gap was 4 nights in between CD 11 and 15. I don't know about DH but I could sure use a break from BD now. Lol! I had the usual two Positive OPKs in a row on CDs 17 and 18. I seemed to have more EWCM this time round also and used a fraction of preseed each BD. So....now to sit back and relax and keep busy and not symptom spot and all those other things we get caught up in doing in the 2 WW. I'm going to just try and assume I'm not going to be pregnant this time and see how that works out for me. Fingers crossed. I'm almost out of time to get that Summer baby that I wanted.

Faithinpink
May 11th, 2016, 02:33 AM
Good luck 1moregirl fingers crossed for you �� Xx

dreams529
May 11th, 2016, 01:05 PM
Good luck! Fingers Crossed!!

1moregirl
May 12th, 2016, 03:22 AM
Thanks Ladies. 3DPO today and I must admit my first 3 BBTs have been on the low side so it's not looking good. I don't know if you can see my chart only link or if I should post a pic of it. My BBTs around O were higher than they usually are so not sure what that means.

1moregirl
May 12th, 2016, 03:26 AM

MrsGoodies
May 12th, 2016, 03:47 AM
Imoregirl,

Your first 3 bbt last year when uou got pg were not very high either 36.6-36.8 & didnt rise until about a week after O. You still have plenty of time!

Hope you catch the golden egg!

1moregirl
May 12th, 2016, 09:27 PM
Look at it today! oMG.....it's dropped even more on 4 DPO. The first time I took my BBt this morn it started beeping really quickly and was about 36.41 and I thought I must've done something wrong so I took it a second time and it was 36.71 so I recorded that one. If I had've put down 36.41 it would've dipped down well below the coverline and I've never had that before post-O on my chart. I still have the feeling something is wrong. I am tempted to stop taking my BBt for the rest of this 2WW because I just seem to try and compare and analyse.

MrsGoodies
May 13th, 2016, 12:13 AM
The only thing low temps after O would be lack of ovulation...as in an annovulatory cycle....owever you had two days of +OPK...and annovulatory cycles dont have LH surges...

So you either O when you thought

or

you were going to gear up to O but then didnt and your body will try again in a few days

Either way there is nothing you can do about it except BD and wait.

If AF shows like clockwork you'll know you O this time.

If you want to guarantee an O then you have to trigger with an HCG shot

1moregirl
May 14th, 2016, 02:31 AM
It's not that coz I know I Oed. I've never missed any periods yet, except for the times I was pregnant of course. Don't know what's going on but will get blood work done this coming week and my app on Wed so hopefully that will get me somewhere. Just bummed coz this was my last chance at a summer baby. :(

atomic sagebrush
May 14th, 2016, 12:20 PM
you can have false surges in anov cycles though.

1 more, I'm usually pretty good at this point telling whether I Oed or not, so you think you did and thus that means that your temps just weren't that dramatically different. I don't know what this dip means but remember you can just have a couple bad nights of sleep too. :) We're dealing with hundreths of degrees here so even a restless night may make a difference.