PDA

View Full Version : Tweedledeedum's Girl Sway - UPDATE - It's a GIRL!

tweedledeedum
September 21st, 2011, 04:40 PM
USERNAME: tweedledeedum
DH'S AGE: 31
CHILDREN: 2 boys
NO. MONTHS TTC: 3

DIET:
I started with the IG diet for about 2 months then converted to a version of the LE diet. No red meat, chicken maybe once a month, low cal everything, no salt, tons of diet pepsi. I had no breakfast and sometimes skipped supper. I did have tea occasionally, no coffee. Switched from 2 % to skim milk. This is completely different from my high calorie, eat whatever I like, red meat heavy, typical boy mom diet.

I lost 20 pounds, the lowest I've been since before I had kids. BMI is now about 20.

DH - no diet but he did have less red meat as I cooked it much less. He is a big diet pop drinker too.

EXERCISE:
none.

POTIONS & PILLS:

I took Calcium for the 2 previous cycles but didn't on this last one.

Vitex – AF-O for 2 cycles.

Cranberry - AF to O

Antihistimines – used in previous months but not this month as I had no CM.

POTIONS & PILLS FOR YOUR MAN:

He took the occassional cranberry and calcium but not regularly.

TIMING:

We tried cut offs the prior two months with no luck. This month we ended up DTD twice close to O, on the morning and evening of day 12.

On day 12 my OPK was almost positive so I thought I wouldn't O for another day or so and I have never Oed earlier than day 13.

But my temp was up on day 13, so i think I Oed on day 12 this month.

THINGS IN YOUR VG:
I used Replens after AF finished on about day 9. I had no or very little Cm around O (which is partly why I didn't realize I was Oing).

Did you track your pH, if so, what was it before the attempt(s):

My Ph was between 4.0 and 4.5 before the attempt. I never checked DHs ph but the combined ph was something around 6-6.5. (I didn't check right after our successful attempt but this was the case in previous attempts)

OTHER:

I had a couple girl outfits under the bed, if that counts!

I was just recovered my fertility from breastfeeding when I got pregnant. In prior months I had problems with a short LP and spotting which I contribute to heavy breastfeeding combined with a bad low cal diet/losing weight. I think starting the vitex and eliminating night feedings allowed me to get pregnant this month.

UPDATE: IT'S A GIRL! (according to my 20 wk scan). I have had a horrible pregnancy and am still having sickness at over 20 weeks. It has been much harder than either of my boys, when I had no sickness whatsoever and felt great. We are just thrilled to have gotten a baby girl and while I have always been somewhat of a swaying skeptic, all of the swaying was so so worth it!

Edited to add that I found out during my pregnancy that I have low iron stores. I attribute this to swaying as I have never had iron issues in my previous pregnancies.

Edited again to add that in November of 2015 I gave birth to baby girl number 2. I followed the same sway plan, however a little less strictly. Thrilled to now have 2 boys and 2 girls! Thank you gender dreaming!

zanacal
September 21st, 2011, 04:48 PM
It sounds fantastic tweedledum, here's to a healthy pregnancy and a beautiful pink bundle :babyf:

When's your due date?

nuthinbutpink
September 21st, 2011, 07:19 PM
Sounds great to me! Good luck!

pinkdreams
September 21st, 2011, 08:50 PM
Congarats!!

tweedledeedum
September 22nd, 2011, 10:12 AM
It sounds fantastic tweedledum, here's to a healthy pregnancy and a beautiful pink bundle :babyf:

When's your due date?

I haven't been to the MW yet but I think it will be be either May 22 (by O date) or May 24 (by LMP).

zanacal
September 22nd, 2011, 11:37 AM
Get yourself off to the May due date club then tweedle :D There's a September chat thread for pregnant ladies too, be lovely to see you there!

Indira
September 22nd, 2011, 11:41 AM
Sounds like a very good sway, congratulations and good luck!

swish
September 22nd, 2011, 12:36 PM
Looks great, wishing you a healthy 9 months, xx

atomic sagebrush
September 25th, 2011, 03:07 PM
I think that looks fab! Good luck!!!!!

Princess
November 16th, 2011, 05:10 PM
Good sway!

tweedledeedum
January 4th, 2012, 10:24 AM
Bump for update!

zanacal
January 4th, 2012, 12:09 PM
Congratulations again Tweedle!

angiesscripts
January 4th, 2012, 12:12 PM
Congrats! Did you do frequent release or abstinence?

DoulaMama
January 4th, 2012, 12:25 PM
YIPPPPEEEE!!!!!! Awesome news Tweedle!!!! How exciting!!!

Indira
January 4th, 2012, 12:57 PM
:cheer::cheer::cheer: Congratulations! What a great feeling that must be! Enjoy!

atomic sagebrush
January 4th, 2012, 01:06 PM
HOORAY! I'm so excited to read this! HUGE congrats!!!!!

purple sky
January 4th, 2012, 01:15 PM
Sorry you have been sick sooo long but must be totally worth it... YAAY!!!! Congratulations :)

Out of the Blue
January 4th, 2012, 01:19 PM
WOOO-HOOO...IT'S A :ballerina: I'm so happy for you! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Mochagirl
January 4th, 2012, 04:37 PM
Congrats, Tweedle - that's wonderful news!!

mis2ninos
January 4th, 2012, 05:44 PM
congratulations enjoy buying all that pink :-)

KnockYourBallsOff
January 4th, 2012, 07:35 PM
AWESOME!!!! So glad you got your girl!!!!!!

tweedledeedum
January 5th, 2012, 09:36 AM
I just checked my chart and we DTD on day 10 then twice on day 12 (one was the early hours, around 1 am, so almost day 11).

Brat23
January 19th, 2012, 09:05 PM
So exciting! Congrats!

HopeandDreamG
January 19th, 2012, 09:31 PM
Congrats. H&H

Preggypops
January 22nd, 2012, 05:31 PM
Congrats, that's awesome!

TTC5
January 22nd, 2012, 07:48 PM
Congrats!