PDA

View Full Version : Great summary of sex ratio studies with links to full text

Erin514
May 13th, 2016, 06:48 AM
I came across this research note which provides a very detailed overview of a huge number of sex ratio studies, plus links to full text where available. The author is convinced everything can be explained through hormone levels, so it has a particular slant, but I thought it was a great read.

JOE | Mobile (http://m.joe.endocrinology-journals.org/content/198/1/3.full)

I don't think there's anything in here that Atomic hasn't already discussed somewhere on the site, but if you're looking for a ton of studies in one place this is it. Also great for convincing others you aren't swaying because you're crazy. You're swaying because... look, SCIENCE!

atomic sagebrush
May 13th, 2016, 12:38 PM
:agree: Yes he is promoting his own viewpoint (and I really, really wish he would do an ACTUAL study instead of just these metanalyses - can you believe no one has ever just tested women's hormone levels when TTC and then seen what gender they conceive???) I also believe his theory can be better explained by the fertility hypothesis and not hormone levels in and of themselves.

But I do like this one because it shows that it ISN'T just 50-50 luck of the draw like so many sources claim. Thank you for posting!