PDA

View Full Version : Clomid and Thick Lining

fefecooks
May 16th, 2016, 06:30 PM
I was prescribed this today but was told that my lining is really thick today on CD3. Doesn't clomid thin out the lining anyway? Could this be a good thing? Any others in my position. I'm convinced that conception is happening every month but embryo is not implanting. Maybe because of quality of egg or thick lining? The only time I fell pregnant was directly after a d & c. Does clomid help with egg quality? Starting tonight.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

atomic sagebrush
May 17th, 2016, 11:57 AM
yes it may thin that lining out but they really do need to get to the bottom of why your lining is thick. Have they had any ideas as to what is happening and what the remedy may be??

Some believe Clomid makes better eggs, others are less sure. (sorry that is a non-answer if I've ever heard one haha)

Are you doing the fiber and the higher intake of vegetables in your pink sway diet?

fefecooks
May 17th, 2016, 12:12 PM
They can't figure out why it's thick. I just assumed my estrogen level (57 last time at CD3) is too high. They said it looked normal at CD7 last month though. Not sure what to do.
I haven't been swaying much because I'm scared that it may have been causing my bad eggs. But now since I still haven't gotten preggers again maybe it doesn't really matter at all?

atomic sagebrush
May 17th, 2016, 12:30 PM
If you have high estrogen to such an extent that it's causing a super thick lining, you NEED to be on a moderated diet where you're eating more fiber rich foods. It may help!

fefecooks
May 17th, 2016, 05:54 PM
If you have high estrogen to such an extent that it's causing a super thick lining, you NEED to be on a moderated diet where you're eating more fiber rich foods. It may help!
Ok. What do you think of the DIM vitamin?

atomic sagebrush
May 18th, 2016, 01:19 PM
I do not know how it sways and there is not enough data to know if it is safe for conception anyway. I don't recommend it.

I think you would be far better off starting with diet (not standard LE but the higher fiber, better for fertility atomic fertility diet in this thread http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-general-discussion/9052-swaying-under-special-circumstances-part-3-pcos.html), fiber and possibly Pregnitude. But Pregnitude is something I don't want you adding in just yet because I'm not sure it's ok for you to do with the Clomid and I would prefer to give it a try without it first.

fefecooks
May 28th, 2016, 06:40 AM
yes it may thin that lining out but they really do need to get to the bottom of why your lining is thick. Have they had any ideas as to what is happening and what the remedy may be??

Some believe Clomid makes better eggs, others are less sure. (sorry that is a non-answer if I've ever heard one haha)

Are you doing the fiber and the higher intake of vegetables in your pink sway diet?
I sure hope this means that it was an excellent egg. These temps were taken maybe an hour earlier than ususal so they would be even higher at the right time, correct? I am on fire right now!!!

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160528/57ecc7bf00050a7e6f14405dbd40f982.jpg

atomic sagebrush
May 29th, 2016, 11:20 AM
hmm temps can be wackadoo on Clomid but that's ridiculous!! :rofl: That is one for the books. Do you feel ill at all??

Temps for one day in isolation can be random and not part of the pattern so I think we may need to wait and see what happens tomorrow (which is today LOL)

fefecooks
May 29th, 2016, 11:43 AM
Temp lower today. Not ill but having some major diarheaa this morning. Guess progesterone is just super high this cycle. http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160529/669e140a0b05f3f935ebe6d5250cbb36.jpg

atomic sagebrush
May 29th, 2016, 12:05 PM
Still way above coverline and looking gorgeous! :)

fefecooks
May 30th, 2016, 11:06 AM
Is persistent diarheaa something to be concerned with? I wake up to it at 4:30am (yesterday and today). Should I take a probiotic to help? FF changed my o day. http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160530/6633cfe2bbc61c25d47def5306b77bd8.jpg

fefecooks
June 1st, 2016, 06:09 AM
Why this AGAIN??? AF cramps for 3 days as well. Should I have my progesterone and thyroid tested?http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160601/7e1053a8f419ff2a481cc7503f17b495.jpg

atomic sagebrush
June 1st, 2016, 06:25 PM
I sometimes have diarrhea that appears hormonal in nature around AF and sometimes around O.

I have not found probiotics to be a miracle cure for it though and I'd prob. not want to as they may sway blue. (I'm sure one or two days won't do anything though.)

One temp in isolation is meaningless though. It may jsut mean you slept bad or with your mouth open. That's why we are looking for patterns and not one day in isolation.

fefecooks
June 10th, 2016, 10:45 AM
Where is AF? Took Clomid first time this month. She usually starts on Fridays at 9pm after drs. office closes. Last time, I didn't get in until that Monday, of course for an ultrasound. So I guess technically, I can't start clomid until cd4. How bad is it to start it then rather than cd3? Or should I just find another doc that is open on Saturdays? I guess the one positive is that it took away my spotting. Usually spot 3-4 days before AF.http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160610/19cd12b8b8ef1136b28c1605fb48289b.jpg

atomic sagebrush
June 10th, 2016, 01:10 PM
I replied in the other thread you asked this, fefe

fefecooks
June 11th, 2016, 07:09 AM
Clomid cycle #1 - Still no sign of AF at 16 dpo and BFNs. Anyone else experience this? How much longer for her? Makes me think I shouldn't be taking the Clomid. http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160611/b0784804c8ae6386e65de6ffe6969e8b.jpg

Pbn3
June 11th, 2016, 06:18 PM
Hope you get some answers soon fefe. I only took clomid for one cycle and from memory it only increased my lp by one day. Took the same days as you.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

atomic sagebrush
June 11th, 2016, 07:05 PM
It is not harmful for it to take a couple days longer for AF to arrive. That's not a reason not to take Clomid.

I would try having a nice spicy dinner tonight and sex with female O. That will often bring it on safely.

The other thing to consider is that you may not have Oed the day you think and those high temps (first couple) were misleading somehow.

fefecooks
June 12th, 2016, 07:18 AM
17 dpo. Someone is suggesting that I may have not even ovulated!!! I thought the spike indicated great quality? Why would clomid stop ovulation all together when I've always been quite regular?http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160612/65262e7767bc028e6b0f2f2c000b8eb4.jpg

"Not to discourage you at all but this is a very odd looking chart as the spike occurred when you would expect it. But it jumped down and stayed there and continued downward. I suppose an egg of not good quality could have been released but the corpus luteum sure doesn't appear to be doing its job of progesterone support😕"

atomic sagebrush
June 12th, 2016, 01:05 PM
I do actually agree that the seesawishness is troublesome and could mean you have not ovulated yet.

It is possible to have delayed O on Clomid, you WILL still O, but it may take a while. If you can get in to your doc they may be able to run some bloodwork that will tell you.

tEmping on Clomid can be misleading and weird. Those two high temps may have been due to a slight tummy bug or just a warm bedroom. And while you are getting crosshairs it's still possible that you have not ovulated yet. I'd be DTD every 4 days from now on if you weren't already to cove you.

fefecooks
June 14th, 2016, 09:06 AM
NP said if I don't start by Thursday, she wants bloodwork. She thinks we may have missed the window which i blame on my delayed flight. 😠 She said we also should have kept going on CD16. I travel a ton for work (5 states). She was surprised that doc put me on clomid and not femara. Why is that? She also said to take it right when my period starts so that would be CD1. Interesting? Any thoughts? so that would be CD1. Interesting? Any thoughts?
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160614/d6fca48eac1bdeabca0f65599457c8d5.jpg

atomic sagebrush
June 15th, 2016, 12:59 PM
Ok can you please explain a couple things for me?

1)Missed what window?

2)Kept going on CD 16 - with BD?? Yes, I do agree with that totally and I urge EVERYONE who is on any fertility medication to keep going at the least with every 4 days (or even 3) after when you think you have ovulated. I actually think it is possible that you still have not Oed and urge you to pick it up with e4d from here on in in case.

Femara is better than Clomid for those over 38 or so. but I have seen a few people do ok on Clomid even into their 40's and since a lot of docs won't even give you Femara, I did not mention that simply because I thought it was entirely possible you'd respond to the Clomid. Sometimes I feel like I just cause more stress for people saying "oh but Femara is better" since many people do fine on the Clomid anyway and many docs will not prescribe Femara. I'm glad they are changing it for you, though. I think we'll see better results with it.

I have only 1-2 times heard of someone starting the meds that early, I believe it is because of your thick lining and yes this makes perfect sense to me in your situation. She's trying to get that estrogen blocked before the lining can overgrow, and then the lack-then-surge of E will trigger O before the lining can recover. Very savvy doc!!